Other Metagames Teambuilding Shop

BH

Hi, I was wondering if you could build me a team based around a Magnet Pull pokemon and an -ate pokemon please? Many counters to -ate spam are steel-types, so something with magnet pull could trap them and take them out. This would then allow the -ate pokemon to deal lots of damage to the opposing team, potentially allowing for a sweep. The pokemon themselves don't have to be Primal Groudon or Mega Rayquaza as it's more the abilities that define the core, I simply chose their sprites because I thought they would be good examples of pokemon which could pull off the abilities well.
To be honest, I had a team similar to your idea. If I remember correctly, it had a Heatran as its main mon to counter -ate spam. I think it worked pretty well. I would give it to you, but since I am not a teambuilder here, I can't. I hope your core gets chosen!

Illusio

Bold and Brash
Balanced Hackmons

Registeel and Mega-Slowbro

This team isn't necessarily meant for stall (although I'm sure that it eventually will), just as a great check to -ate abusers. These 2 have great typing when paired with another, as Regi absorbs all of Slowbro's weaknesses, and Slowbro shrugs off all of Regi's weaknesses. Thank you for building this team for me.
bump as well

Okay, so I'm going to make some annoucements now that asterat is stepping down (important info in bold):

(1) We need teambuilders who can build STABmons and BH. If you want to apply, send me a team based around one of the following cores:

STABmons: Build a team around an Aegislash with Shift gear and Shadow force, and a Thundurus with prankster, taunt, and volt switch. If you choose to fix up the team that was already made, please explain why the new version is better.

Balanced Hackmons: You have two options for BH.
1) Build a team around a Magnet Puller and an -ate abuser.
2) Build a team around a Registeel and a Mega Slowbro

Deadline: November 15th, inclusive

(2) The second announcement is that we will start expanding to certain other tiers (preferably ones with a permanent ladder, and no, randbats doesn't count). So currently, this shop will now include 1v1 requests due to a somewhat high demand, and possibly Inverse Battles, if enough people want it.

If you're posting 1v1, either post your whole team or just 1 set/pokemon you want to use, and not just 2 pokemon.

(3) You may make some requests, although they might not get responses just yet if you're requesting BH or STABmons

insanelegend, anything you want to add?

Last edited:
Okay, so I'm going to make some annoucements now that asterat is stepping down (important info in bold):

(1) We need teambuilders who can build STABmons and BH. If you want to apply, send me a team based around one of the following cores:

STABmons: Build a team around an Aegislash with Shift gear and Shadow force, and a Thundurus with prankster, taunt, and volt switch. If you choose to fix up the team that was already made, please explain why the new version is better.

Balanced Hackmons: Build a team around a Magnet Puller and an -ate abuser.

(2) The second announcement is that we will start expanding to certain other tiers (preferably ones with a permanent ladder, and no, randbats doesn't count). So currently, this shop will now include 1v1 requests due to a somewhat high demand, and possibly Inverse Battles, if enough people want it.

If you're posting 1v1, either post your whole team or just 1 set/pokemon you want to use, and not just 2 pokemon.

insanelegend, anything you want to add?
I can definitely do BH. STABmons, I am decent at teambuilding. In fact I would appreciate doing so for BH, as I can't really teambuild without a suggestion, so this would mean that I will be more productive. I am definitely doing this after I am finished publishing my BH teamon the Sample Teams thread (if I end up doing so) finished, digging up an old BH team I have with this core. It is probably pretty smelly by now, since I built it before I peaked on my main alt at #69, which was a while ago.

Last edited:
I dont really have anything to say except I may tell some people who would be good canidates. I believe Adrian Marin may have wanted to teambuild and is a great BH but wasn't chosen
I only offered a bit of my help, I really don't want to have to make such big writeups often ;-;.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing BH, but I really don't like a Mag Pull + -Ate abuser core, it's rather risky in the current BH meta, and non-steel anti-ate Pokemon are getting more and more popular.

Last edited:
I only offered a bit of my help, I really don't want to have to make such big writeups often ;-;.

EDIT: I wouldn't mind doing BH, but I really don't like a Mag Pull + -Ate abuser core, it's rather risky in the current BH meta, and non-steel anti-ate Pokemon are getting more and more popular.
Okay, so I will admit that what you said about the magnet pull core is true. While it could work in some situations, it might not work in other situations, and even then, the prevalence of steel types with switching moves makes it much harder for this core to work consistently.

However, I would like to keep the suggestions as "realistic scenarios", so instead I will add a second option for BH applicants: the Registeel + Mega Slowbro core suggested by Flying Types Rule!

Flying Types Rule!

I really like this concept, and i've been using something very similar in my main team. This team is your standard Paranoid Stall team with a twist!

AV Registeel may seem really passive, but it's actually really good at walling specially-oriented -ate Pokemon, as Registeel really doesn't mind a Life Orb Magma Storm from Mega Rayquaza that much. Registeel's EV spread is tailored to maximise physical bulk with as much special bulk as possible. Mega Slowbro uses Fur Coat really well, and also helps wall this team's Primal Groudon. Thousand Waves allows Mega Slowbro to easily PP stall Imposters, including Impostered Mega Groudon. Topsy Turvy allows Mega Slowbro to get passed powerful physical stat boosters. Mega Slowbro's physical bulk is insane without any investment, especially with Fur Coat, so it's best to invest on SpD EVs to optimise Mega Slowbro's matchup against mixed-ate attackers. Parting Shot allows Slowbro to grant momentum, debuff threats, and phaze Magic Bounce Pokemon. I added Yveltal as I believe two counters to Mega Gengar are necessary in the current metagame for stall teams. Additionally, Yveltal grants fantastic utility in the form of its ability to phaze various Poison Heal sweepers without the risk of taking debilitating status effects. Poison Heal Yveltal can finally use Stealth Rock effectively, as we now have an excellent Fairy-type Magic Bouncer with a role to take Impostered Yveltal's attacks. Furthermore, Audino now has a fantastic role in walling various Mega Gengar sets! The Primal Groudon is really odd, but it's actually really good! I theorymonned that set right when I first heard about Primal Groudon's great attack stat and typing. Adaptability Primal Groudon is capable of defeating the toughest walls in the metagame, as it can even 2HKO physically defensive Poison Heal Giratina with Precipice Blades. Of course, I added an Imposter Chansey to defeat threats going haywire and whatnot, but it's also really important to scout movesets with Imposter Chansey. This can be easily done through Volt-Turn.

Registeel @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Metal Burst
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Parting Shot

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 204 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Baton Pass
- Cosmic Power
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Soft Sand
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- Slack Off
- Infestation

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Imposter
- Whirlwind
- Skill Swap
- Fake Out
- Soft-Boiled

Sorry for the messy writeup, hope you like the team!

EDIT: If this was supposed to be sent via private message, i'm sorry.

Last edited:
Flying Types Rule!

I really like this concept, and i've been using something very similar in my main team. This team is your standard Paranoid Stall team with a twist!

AV Registeel may seem really passive, but it's actually really good at walling specially-oriented -ate Pokemon, as Registeel really doesn't mind a Life Orb Magma Storm from Mega Rayquaza that much. Registeel's EV spread is tailored to maximise physical bulk with as much special bulk as possible. Mega Slowbro uses Fur Coat really well, and also helps wall this team's Primal Groudon. Thousand Waves allows Mega Slowbro to easily PP stall Imposters, including Impostered Mega Groudon. Topsy Turvy allows Mega Slowbro to get passed powerful physical stat boosters. Mega Slowbro's physical bulk is insane without any investment, especially with Fur Coat, so it's best to invest on SpD EVs to optimise Mega Slowbro's matchup against mixed-ate attackers. Parting Shot allows Slowbro to grant momentum, debuff threats, and phaze Magic Bounce Pokemon. I added Yveltal as I believe two counters to Mega Gengar are necessary in the current metagame for stall teams. Additionally, Yveltal grants fantastic utility in the form of its ability to phaze various Poison Heal sweepers without the risk of taking debilitating status effects. Poison Heal Yveltal can finally use Stealth Rock effectively, as we now have an excellent Fairy-type Magic Bouncer with a role to take Impostered Yveltal's attacks. Furthermore, Audino now has a fantastic role in walling various Mega Gengar sets! The Primal Groudon is really odd, but it's actually really good! I theorymonned that set right when I first heard about Primal Groudon's great attack stat and typing. Adaptability Primal Groudon is capable of defeating the toughest walls in the metagame, as it can even 2HKO physically defensive Poison Heal Giratina with Precipice Blades. Of course, I added an Imposter Chansey to defeat threats going haywire and whatnot, but it's also really important to scout movesets with Imposter Chansey. This can be easily done through Volt-Turn.

Registeel @ Assault Vest
Relaxed Nature
IVs: NaN Spe
- Metal Burst
- Nuzzle
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
EVs: 252 HP / 20 Def / 236 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Topsy-Turvy
- Thousand Waves
- Parting Shot

Yveltal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 248 HP / 36 Def / 204 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Circle Throw
- Stealth Rock
- Roost

Audino-Mega @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Baton Pass
- Cosmic Power
- Defog
- Aromatherapy

Groudon-Primal @ Soft Sand
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 68 HP / 252 Atk / 188 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- V-create
- Slack Off
- Infestation

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
- Whirlwind
- Skill Swap
- Fake Out
- Soft-Boiled

Sorry for the messy writeup, hope you like the team!
Um, to be honest I thought this was supposed to be submitted via Private Message. Nice team though, in fact I might change the team I sent it for this one.

Deadline for applications is in around 24 hours, so this post will serve as a last minute reminder for those who want to join.

Hey guys, it's me again. This time I am a bit interested in a Tier Shift Hail Stall team. Because of this, I'm sure the core should suphise. I've used Hail in AAA, so I'm sure it will work here in TS. I just don't know how to teambuild as well as I used to....

insanelegend

This core is extremely workable with the Paranoid Stall structure, so I decided to make the team right away.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fur Coat Groudon, but it actually pressures opponents really well. What I like about Fur Coat Groudon is that unlike most Fire-types, it can abuse Sacred Fire without Imposter ruining its day, courtesy of Thousand Waves. Topsy Turvy is one of the most useful moves a Fur Coat Pokemon could have, as Belly Drum sweepers may prove to be a threat. The EV spread grants a jump point in Groudon's Defense stat, while maximising his SpD to pivot Mega Diancie more efficently.

As for Kyogre, Ice Beam is essential as it allows Kyogre to wall Imposters, straight-up murder Mega Rayquaza without any boosts, and kill Giratina and Desolate Land Groudon-P after a few Spa boosts. Leech Seed is what really sets this set apart, as it allows Kyogre-P to beat Shedinja, Imposter, opposing Kyogre, and more. The EV spread lets Kyogre outpace Timid Mega Mewtwo-Y after one Quiver Dance boost, all while maximising Kyogre's bulk to take down Imposter more easily.

Imposter Chansey is mandatory on the Paranoid Stall structure thanks to its ability to scout, pivot, and check threats on an absolutely staggering level. Fake Out allows Chansey to break Illusions against non-Ghost-type Pokemon, Whirlwind lets it phaze various threats, Skill Swap allows it to cripple Substitute sweepers, and Softboiled allows Chansey to heal itself in a pinch.

Fur Coat Chansey is one of the best walls to the repulsive -ate Pokemon, such as Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza. I gave Chansey Stealth Rock and Defog because it has a really easy time switching in against so many threats in the current metagame. Metal Burst is also really great, since it does massive damage against anything that tickles Chansey. the EV spread, nature and ability allow Chansey to wall all physical variants of -ates, as well as Life Orb Boomburst Mega Rayquaza fairly well.

The role of a Magic Bouncer just got a lot more vague with the release of ORAS, so we now have a lot of viable options. Aegislash is possibly my favourite bouncer in the current metagame, thanks to its great resistances, bulk, and immunity to Normal. Cosmic Power is extremely useful for walling dangerous Poison Heal sweepers, and it also pairs well with Baton Pass. The EV spread maximises special bulk to wall boosting sweepers such as some variants of Poison Heal Mega Mewtwo-Y. Our variant of PH Kyogre really benefits from the Cosmic Power boost, as it still walls Imposter with the defense boosts. And finally, Aromatherapy allows Aegislash to remove crippling status effects for its team.

The Yveltal set is really weird, but is great at checking Gengar, Hoopa-Unbound, and a few of the popular Adaptability Special Attackers in the current metagame. U-turn lets it scout threats and kill Hoopa-Unbound, Rapid Spin works extremely well with Knock Off, as Knock Off punishes most rapid blockers, and Sucker Punch lets Yveltal kill Gengar and other threats going haywire.

Code:
Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Sacred Fire
- Soft-Boiled
- Topsy Turvy

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Skill Swap
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk / null Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Metal Burst
- Heal Order

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Cosmic Power
- Milk Drink
- Aromatherapy

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 152 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off

insanelegend

This core is extremely workable with the Paranoid Stall structure, so I decided to make the team right away.

I'm not the biggest fan of Fur Coat Groudon, but it actually pressures opponents really well. What I like about Fur Coat Groudon is that unlike most Fire-types, it can abuse Sacred Fire without Imposter ruining its day, courtesy of Thousand Waves. Topsy Turvy is one of the most useful moves a Fur Coat Pokemon could have, as Belly Drum sweepers may prove to be a threat. The EV spread grants a jump point in Groudon's Defense stat, while maximising his SpD to pivot Mega Diancie more efficently.

As for Kyogre, Ice Beam is essential as it allows Kyogre to wall Imposters, straight-up murder Mega Rayquaza without any boosts, and kill Giratina and Desolate Land Groudon-P after a few Spa boosts. Leech Seed is what really sets this set apart, as it allows Kyogre-P to beat Shedinja, Imposter, opposing Kyogre, and more. The EV spread lets Kyogre outpace Timid Mega Mewtwo-Y after one Quiver Dance boost, all while maximising Kyogre's bulk to take down Imposter more easily.

Imposter Chansey is mandatory on the Paranoid Stall structure thanks to its ability to scout, pivot, and check threats on an absolutely staggering level. Fake Out allows Chansey to break Illusions against non-Ghost-type Pokemon, Whirlwind lets it phaze various threats, Skill Swap allows it to cripple Substitute sweepers, and Softboiled allows Chansey to heal itself in a pinch.

Fur Coat Chansey is one of the best walls to the repulsive -ate Pokemon, such as Mega Diancie and Mega Rayquaza. I gave Chansey Stealth Rock and Defog because it has a really easy time switching in against so many threats in the current metagame. Metal Burst is also really great, since it does massive damage against anything that tickles Chansey. the EV spread, nature and ability allow Chansey to wall all physical variants of -ates, as well as Life Orb Boomburst Mega Rayquaza fairly well.

The role of a Magic Bouncer just got a lot more vague with the release of ORAS, so we now have a lot of viable options. Aegislash is possibly my favourite bouncer in the current metagame, thanks to its great resistances, bulk, and immunity to Normal. Cosmic Power is extremely useful for walling dangerous Poison Heal sweepers, and it also pairs well with Baton Pass. The EV spread maximises special bulk to wall boosting sweepers such as some variants of Poison Heal Mega Mewtwo-Y. Our variant of PH Kyogre really benefits from the Cosmic Power boost, as it still walls Imposter with the defense boosts. And finally, Aromatherapy allows Aegislash to remove crippling status effects for its team.

The Yveltal set is really weird, but is great at checking Gengar, Hoopa-Unbound, and a few of the popular Adaptability Special Attackers in the current metagame. U-turn lets it scout threats and kill Hoopa-Unbound, Rapid Spin works extremely well with Knock Off, as Knock Off punishes most rapid blockers, and Sucker Punch lets Yveltal kill Gengar and other threats going haywire.

Code:
Groudon-Primal @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Waves
- Sacred Fire
- Soft-Boiled
- Topsy Turvy

Kyogre-Primal @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SpA / 148 Spe
Timid Nature
- Quiver Dance
- Water Spout
- Leech Seed
- Ice Beam

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Fake Out
- Whirlwind
- Skill Swap
- Soft-Boiled

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
IVs: null Atk / null Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
- Metal Burst
- Heal Order

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Cosmic Power
- Milk Drink
- Aromatherapy

Yveltal @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 152 SpD / 24 Spe
Careful Nature
- U-turn
- Rapid Spin
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
This looks like a hack jab copy of your main team at first glance....

Well now that this is bumped, I have an excuse to ask for a Tier Shift team:

I don't really know much about tier shift, (which is why i'm requesting a team lol) but I've always wanted to try a team with Sub + Nasty plot mismagius and SD Cobalion. So that's my request I guess. Thanks to whoever does it. tagging insanelegend since tier shift seems to be his/your thing.

Oh yeah, and I'm just going to report right now that insanelegend is stepping down as a teambuilder.
For the time being, I don't think we need to fill in the gap, but we'll see (if there are enough requests).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)