EVs: lol what r those??
Rash Nature
- Silver Wind
- Rest
- Endure
- Vaccum Wave

btw u suck and i hope you get ass cancer

^this thread rn
I think the issue is that CTC is getting his balls sucked dry when he isn't a notable battler and all he does is teambuild something which actually isn't that hard. From what I can tell he just takes the mon that someone requests a team be built around and slaps 5 more mons on that loosely covers DD pokes, Knock Off, Bird spam, Rain, Sand, Stall, Draco Meteor, and Greninja with some remote offensive / defensive synergy between them.

What bothers me most about this thread is that the OP and pretty much all of CTC's posts are written out like like it was done by a toddler. Can you imagine what would happen if a random 5 post "new to Smogon" person made this EXACT thread with the same teams but instead of being CTC it was someone no one even heard of? It would be locked immediately. CTC for whatever reason is fairly influential and a lot of new players see this thread and end up imitating his infantile way of talking. Do we really want a forum full of CTCs? One is enough.

Can this just be closed already (at minimum until ORAS is officially released)? This is essentially just a chat room now.
CTC isn't really building as of late, and even then it's just; "Hey, can you build around (insert Gimmicky as fuck 'mon)? No need for context or anything right? Thanks!"

And after he does, it's simply people ragging on his innovations or whatever it may be. Rosen described it almost flawlessly.

I think the issue is that CTC is getting his balls sucked dry when he isn't a notable battler and all he does is teambuild something which actually isn't that hard. From what I can tell he just takes the mon that someone requests a team be built around and slaps 5 more mons on that loosely covers DD pokes, Knock Off, Bird spam, Rain, Sand, Stall, Draco Meteor, and Greninja with some remote offensive / defensive synergy between them.
Honestly I can't speak for his battling skill any more than I could speak for the skill any of the other vets on Smogon, but even if he isn't that good, we're not asking for battling advice. For those of us who try and post intelligently, we're just trying to get some help with team building based on cores because while team building may be a breeze for you, for some of us it's much harder. Maybe the teams generated here are not A+ material, but if we're asking for free teams, then rather than him hand-feeding us battle-tested perfected teams, I'd honestly prefer for him to just create rough frameworks that aren't perfect so that we can tailor them to our personal preferences and try and figure out how to make them better on our own.

What bothers me most about this thread is that the OP and pretty much all of CTC's posts are written out like like it was done by a toddler. Can you imagine what would happen if a random 5 post "new to Smogon" person made this EXACT thread with the same teams but instead of being CTC it was someone no one even heard of? It would be locked immediately. CTC for whatever reason is fairly influential and a lot of new players see this thread and end up imitating his infantile way of talking. Do we really want a forum full of CTCs? One is enough.
I'll be the first to say that in the time it takes me to translate CTC's words sometimes I could probably translate equivalent Japanese sentences into English (with only 2 years of Japanese under my belt I might add). However, there are multiple posts by mods to post intelligently, so while I do wish CTC would use proper English for his posts, it's not his fault that people out there don't read past posts and try to mimic his writing style in an attempt to suck up to him. You may be right about the 5 post "new to Smogon" bit, but given that I've never seen a 5 poster "new to Smogon" person with no tournament history try and post a team archive consisting of reasonably well-built teams, I see no reason to give CTC crap for having a MOD APPROVED thread, especially since if nothing else at the mods' request he did rewrite the OP in actual English.

tl;dr For the haters hating on CTC: if you don't like him, just leave the thread alone. No doubt you have plenty of friends to talk crap about him with elsewhere if he's really so bad. If you have an issue with the thread, take it up with the mods.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
Why r pussy niggas like lord ninjax and yambroski poppin off? Ninjax do u even know what a choke is vs outplayin a bad matchup and/or gettin lucked? The only thing u contribute to the forums are your aids ass tryhard posts and ur nuthugging of niggas who don't even know who the fuck u r. Why r u ridin my nuts on tour performance? Ask any recent tour winner if they haven't received my help (think atticus mdrag etc) so quit occupyin ball street and hop off the sack. These retards think I can't play jaja das p funny I'll put these fuckheads in their place come oras bang bang

Last edited:
Why r pussy niggas like lord ninjax and yambroski poppin off? Ninjax do u even know what a choke is vs outplayin a bad matchup and/or gettin lucked? The only thing u contribute to the forums are your aids ass tryhard posts and ur nuthugging of niggas who don't even know who the fuck u r. Why r u ridin my nuts on tour performance? Ask any recent tour winner if they haven't received my help (think atticus mdrag etc) so quit occupyin ball street and hop off the sack. These retards think I can't play jaja das p funny I'll put these fuckheads in their place come oras bang bang

he be putting all u non based niggas back get rekt sunnies

k anyway in an attempt to end this metaphorical comparing of dick sizes i bring a team:

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 248 SpA / 4 SpD / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Hypnosis
- Perish Song
- Rest

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 60 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Kingdra @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Outrage
- Waterfall

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Def / 176 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 72 HP / 252 SpA / 184 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Wobbuffet @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 44 HP / 252 Def / 212 SpD
Calm Nature
- Counter
- Mirror Coat
- Encore
- Safeguard

i don't really build rain that much because it can get a bit monotonous and boring at times but i wanted to break away from the current standard mold a little bit and see what i could come up with. i saw this neat toed set over in the sample team thread (meant to ohko zard y in rain iirf), so i started with that. first members added were roost + 3 atks mega scizor and mixed kingdra, which complement each other very well. an electric type is a given, but i wanted a more balanced that offensive approach, so i chose zapdos over mega man or spexkou as i didn't want to use a lati or scizor to defog and it semi checks salamence if i'm a tard and let kingdra die. checks birds and totally walls talonflame in rain, with hp ice to nail filthy salas and chomps and landos and the like, although i may change it to toxic idk yet. initially had alexwolf's loom set, but ended up scrapping that for ludicolo as i really needed a faster grass type to shit on ninja and azu, but ended up exchanging for mega sceptile so thundurus doesn't cripple the entire team, with cb zor replacing the mega (evs survive a specs hp fire from zone in rain after sr and one-shot mega altaria). lastly wobb was added to force switches w encore/setup safeguard/trap and kill various rain threats like zard-y and keld if healthy (hence the more specially defensive spread than usual). anyway haven't spent a lot of time on it but it seems pretty neato so far, so hey.

CTC

Banned deucer.
is a defending SPL Championis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Big Chungus Winner
tis the season of celebration. my gratitude goes out to all the contributors keeping the thread alive, but at the same time i also wanna say fuck you eat a dick to the cancers who spread ebola across this holy thread.
im layin down some ground rules upon reopening the thread for oras
1. u can post as shitty of a core as u want, as long as u explain how it works. whether ill use it to build or tell u to fuck off depends on ur explanation
2. dont talk like me
3. dont repeat cores already suggested
4. dont post ur own teams. when i invite u over for dinner i expect u to show up not spread ur cheeks on my table
5. helping rate/build/fix and contributing in general is gr8 just dont do this ^
6. ill tag everyone who posts from now on whether their idea is rejected or used. this will make things more organized
7. dont troll,,, ur rlly not that funny (ironic!)
8. post cores or strats, not single mons,,,
9. nobody gives a fuck about ur replays
10. this applies to you if u have <10 posts: before posting, read the post to urself. think it thru. read it again. delete that shit. go to ben gays thread. post it
jokes. but 4real doe if u have <10 posts chances r im gonna tell u to go fuckurself so yea heres a heads up

happy building friends
edit: shoutout to alexwolf and rey for their management of the thread when it was a shitpile

Last edited:

Landorus @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rock Polish
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Lopunny @ Lopunnyite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

Hey CTC!

With everyone using Landorus-T, I think RP Lando-I has a lot of potential in the current meta as it is underprepared for and can demolish most teams at +2. The two problems I find with Lando-I is that its speed tier before RP is not that great anymore (especially since every offensive team is running Ninja at this point) and that special walls such as the Pink Blobs wall it to oblivion and back. I thus chose M-Lopunny as a viable candidate to pair with Lando-I because it solves both issues; M-Lop has a godly speed tier and can outspeed most mons in the current meta (including non-Scarf Greninja) and it also beats special walls with ease, while Lando-I helps it against physical walls such as Skarmory and can become a win condition.

Furthermore,Lando-I also appreciates the Healing Wish support, as Lando can come in early and weaken a few of its checks, then receive Healing Wish and sweep late-game. There are some mons the core has problems with, like Scarf Greninja and Mega Slowbro (at +1, though Lando-I can still do quite a bit to it), so idk how good a core it is, but I hope it has some potential.
Thanks a lot and best of luck for the ORAS era of this thread!

Hey,
This "core" works surprisingly well(i played with it), the idea is that steel types try to break kyurem's sub, you sub over and over untill ur on 1% then you endavor. Dianice is 4x weak to steel and its one of the few things that can stop it rock polish sweep. What do you think?
Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SpA / 32 Spe
Rash Nature
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Kyurem-Black @ Salac Berry
Ability: Teravolt
Naive Nature
- Substitute
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Endeavor

so after being in violation of #2 & #4, i was planning on staying out of the thread for the time being and leaving you alone, but i don't have much time for building/testing atm and won't for a while, so i'll just occasionally drop off a core that seems cool that i haven't tried yet, like this one here:

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Baton Pass

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

not so sure about the sets but oh well. anyway, mega lop seems to fare well against offense, but struggles with bulkier mons like skarmory/slowbro/venu/hippowdon etc., so gothitelle seemed like a logical addition to trap and kill fat mons that give her trouble and open up holes in the opposing team to allow lop to clean. rotom-w is the generic pivot to get in lop and goth safely, check birds & sand, provide a safe heatran switchin, etc., just has good overall synergy with the two and is generally useful. standard specs set on goth and pain split on rotom, although restochesto might be better, i don't know. subpass seemed cool on lop, and ensuring safe switches always appeals to me, especially on offense. not sure how it'll do in practice. evs are to outspeed max jolly weavile, as i really don't care about speed ties the vast majority of the time. core's pretty weak to lati@s though, so maybe bisharp or scarf lando-t would be good additions.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bulk Up
- Substitute
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch/Knock Off

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Dazzling Gleam/Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

so this is a neat lil core I've been toying with; MGallade acts as a bulky sweeper and kinda just fucks over stall, while annoying more physically-based offense teams. Gengar works well en concerto with him, because Gengar pretty much screws over most of MGallade's switchins, which are pretty much all bulky Psychic and Fairy types. As far as the sets go, they're not set in stone and can be played with quite a bit. MGallade has coverage for days and can use a variety of moves in the fourth slot, and could even swap out Sub for more coverage if you'd prefer. The EVs are max bulk and attack while still enough speed to outrun Adamant fully invested base 80s, namely Medicham pre-Mega, Mamo, and Bandnite. While Gengar could run Focus Blast, I find it's generally better to run Dazzling Gleam to fuck over MSableye, but that's up to you. Thanks a ton for re-opening this despite some of the tards that have been posting n_n

Altaria-Mega @ Altarianite
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 64 HP / 192 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Return

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

pretty standard core here. i picked magneton over zone because the extra speed is nice and it loses a bit of power which is not big problem. ton can also outspeed greninja with a scard which is a problem. m altaria is a powerful sweeper than can sweep teams after 1 or 2 dd's which it can get off because of it's great bulk. eq and return is unresisted by only a few things. i can see hazards helping altaria a lot so im thinking heatran or lando t could fit the bill nicely. thanks in advance ctc :] also i dont know if the pics are too big so some feedback on that would be nice :]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Flare Blitz
- Roost / Earthquake / Thunder Punch

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Evs: 252 Satk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind / HP whatever

So lately I have been building around this core because of each mons notorious ability to break teams of a specific archetype, namely mega charizard X beating most forms of offense (not uber HO) while specs keldeo breaks down stall. People keep talking about scarf keld, but specs keld takes the different role of breaking most stall teams. Keldeo can break many more of the new stall teams with the decline of mega venusaur and the rise of mega latias (icy wind) and mega sableye. Latias hates icy wind, the speed drop gives it tons of problems because it has a hard time setting up and doesn't have the typing to tank powerful hits from zard X. Sable can't tank 2 specs hydros, so there you go. Keldeo probably likes icy wind because of the ability to assist against mega latias and dragons that always try to come in, but a Hidden power type (i guess fire?) may help it break a specific mon or common check/counter (ferro comes to mind) to the set. MegaZardX breaks offense extremely efficiently with a few specific threats eliminated, mainly thundurus and sources of strong priority, as well as fast scarfers. The set outspeeds adamant scarf lant at +1, although its questionable whether or not that's even relevant because of intimidate. Roost can be run, as can earthquake for heatran, or thunder punch for azumarill (which is a super underrated set imo)

I am interested to see what you can do. The core has more specific threats that need to be taken care of, and the success of it will be determined by how many of these threats can efficiently be taken care of. I was thinking Goth could take care of specific mons on stall teams while i need something for thundy on offense, mainly lant. I have had only moderate success at the moment.

CTC

Banned deucer.
Big Chungus Winner
vyomov
imo from experience rp lando is the most matchup dependent and the least consistent of lando variations. cm naturally 6-0s stall and all fat cores while sr w or wo knock do a decent job of filling the hitter/rocker role.
imo cm lando is the better fit seeing as bunny itself, w amazing speed and phenomenal coverage, is more of an ho counter. add on tar to alleviate flying weaknesses and an exca to dominate offense, lando is free to use the cm set to completely shit on anything not fucked over by bunny/exca. ice punch can be slashed but i feel like every move is just so important seeing as 2 excas v ho and 2 landos vs stall pretty much mean gg. fakeout ensures the safe mega and is gr8 as priority, im a bit torn atm.
ferro is for spikes, useful vs both offense and stall seeing as suit tar gets rid of the most common defogger. the 2 grounds cover offense and stall respectively while lopunny softens up checks like lant skarm etc. scald on azu is for zor, i dont want it setting up too easily. maybe i can fit a rotom over azu but keld is annoying so azu will have to do for now. cant cover everything aye

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
IVs: 0 Spd
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Gyro Ball

Tyranitar (M) @ Smooth Rock
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 24 Atk / 228 SDef / 8 Spd
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast
- Stealth Rock

Landorus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Earth Power
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

Excadrill (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

(Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
- Waterfall
- Scald
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Lopunny (F) @ Lopunnite
Trait: Limber
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Return
- Healing Wish

eatme
that kyub set is inefficient as a lure. boltbeam coverage + fire does a fine job of chipping away at steels. kyub + spikes is hard for stall to play around, while diancie and ninja do fine v offense after rp.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 20 Def / 16 SDef / 224 Spd
- Scald
- Reflect Type
- Recover
- Rapid Spin

Kyurem (Kyurem-B) @ Leftovers
Trait: Teravolt
EVs: 40 HP / 228 SAtk / 240 Spd
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
Mild Nature (+SAtk, -Def)
- Roost
- Ice Beam
- Fusion Bolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Greninja (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Gunk Shot
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Diancie @ Diancite
Trait: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Rash Nature (+SAtk, -SDef)
- Rock Polish
- Diamond Storm
- Moonblast
- Earth Power

Klefki (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Play Rough
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes
- Toxic

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 184 HP / 216 Def / 108 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Rosen
imo scrf goth is just the better goth seeing as it ensures a defensive mon dies and has utility vs offense. lopunny can fit on volturn w bp cuz its jus an upgraded mienshao, which is gr8 on volturn. team is fairly standard but wat works works.

(Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 216 HP / 96 Atk / 196 SDef
- U-turn
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 184 HP / 216 Def / 108 Spd
IVs: 30 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Lopunny (M) @ Lopunnite
Trait: Limber
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spd
- Fake Out
- High Jump Kick
- Return
- Baton Pass

Gothitelle (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 80 HP / 228 SAtk / 200 Spd
- Psychic
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Trick
- Rest

Rotom-Wash (Rotom-W) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Defog

Seevea
gallade and gar do a gr8 job wallbreaking for ho mons, being fast and strong and well rounded vs all styles w their coverage. thus, their teammates just need to be other all purpose standard mons that overwhelm like a good ho team should.

(Keldeo-R) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Icy Wind

(Bisharp) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Tyranitar (Gengar) (M) @ Life Orb
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Destiny Bond
- Sludge Wave

Mega Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Trait: Justified
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Zen Headbutt

Garchomp (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Greninja (F) @ Life Orb
Trait: Protean
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]

BONGMASTER420
altaria zone is somethin i used before and ton is just better for ninja. altaria is gr8 vs fat teams, and if ton is gonna be on the team mineswell tag on offense stopper azu who also benefits from having steels removed. multiple knockoff users that lure in skarm also helps v shed

Garchomp (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Rough Skin
- Stealth Rock
- Outrage
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake

Altaria (M) @ Altarianite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 56 HP / 200 Atk / 252 Spd
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Earthquake
- Return

Magneton @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon

Landorus (Landorus-T) (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 24 HP / 248 Atk / 236 Spd
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge

(Azumarill) (F) @ Assault Vest
Trait: Huge Power
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Atk / 16 SDef
- Waterfall
- Knock Off
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Defog

xJownage
that core has been around since the beginning of xy so sry not gonna bother to make another standard team

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Taunt / Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Crunch

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power Fire
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Hi CTC
I tried making a M-Gyarados team but it didn't work out very well. However, a core that was in the team worked pretty good. Magnezone helps Gyarados with trapping Skarmory and Ferrothorn, while also helping against M-Gyarados' weakness to electric, bug, grass and fairy (only fighting seems problematic) This core has problems with fighting types as they hurt both M-Gyara and Magnezone and resist Crunch. Especially Breloom, Chesnaught and Keldeo can really give this core problems, as Magnezone can't switch in and Gyarados can only hit them for not very effective damage (neutral damage when Earthquake on keldeo) Would be great if you could help me out.

Empoleon @ Petaya Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 20 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 232 Spe
Modest Nature
- Agility
- Substitute
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam / Flash Cannon

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover

Okay, so SubPetaya Empoleon has been something I've been considering for a little while. My thought was that it was something for offense that gives you a half decent Greninja check when needed (Low Kick n_n), while providing a win condition for the lategame. EVs for maximum power and the ability to outspeed Jolly MBeedrill and Timid MSceptile after Agility, with HP invested in order to hit Berry range with 3 subs from full health. I decided to throw Mega Sableye on, seeing as it handles a good number of Empoleon's stops (Ferro, Chansey, etc) and generally makes for a pretty good stallbreaker (also didn't want to suggest Zone since everyone and their mom seems to be using it right now), while Empoleon can switch into Fairies that threaten Sableye (Flash Cannon over Ice Beam? Not like there's a ton of Grass types in OU right now, and Steel STAB is nowhere near as bad as it used to be).

Anyways, just curious to see what you think of this old set right now.

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Ice Punch
- Low Kick
- Earthquake

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 248 HP / 236 Def / 24 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Encore

Ludicolo @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 28 SpD / 224 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Kabutops @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Stone Edge
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance

Big core, but it is pretty good. Looks standard though.
I like this core cause Swampert+Kabu+Ludi is so good. Ludi eats physical defensive mons, and Pert+Kabu plays very similar to bird spam. One breaks while the other sweeps. Some things can't be broken, like rotom-W, but Ludicolo handles those. Pert has superior coverage, but Kabu has the priority. Poli sets up rain. It also stops zard X with encore, which has been pretty common recently cause of Mence Ban. Weak to grass, but Pert handles Sceptile and loom. MVenu weak though, but that is really uncommon rn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)