Super Smash Bros 4 (Spoilers ITT)

Pic of the day. Playing Classic mode with two players means you can battle the Master-type opponents together…but your opponents will also be powered up. The foe in this picture is Master Beast.

(Comment)

The Wii U version-exclusive Master Fortress is only available in single-player mode. You'll need to attack its heartlike cores.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Seriously, one of the developers loves Shulk and I want to know who it is. Speaking of Shulk, the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley is fucking amazing. Can't wait to listen to the rest of the soundtrack, especially the Cynthia Champion theme remix (hopefully it's remixed)

SnoopingGil

professional lurker
Seriously, one of the developers loves Shulk and I want to know who it is. Speaking of Shulk, the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley is fucking amazing. Can't wait to listen to the rest of the soundtrack, especially the Cynthia Champion theme remix (hopefully it's remixed)
It was remixed, and imo that's not a good thing.

This is an interesting take on the theme (kinda sounds like it came out of Kirby's Epic Yarn), but in a fighting game like Smash Bros, taking one of the most adrenaline-loaded battle themes in a series and reducing it to that makes absolutely no sense to me. (At least they managed to make Team Flare's theme sound decent. And Route 10 is excellent.)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was remixed, and imo that's not a good thing.

This is an interesting take on the theme (kinda sounds like it came out of Kirby's Epic Yarn), but in a fighting game like Smash Bros, taking one of the most adrenaline-loaded battle themes in a series and reducing it to that makes absolutely no sense to me. (At least they managed to make Team Flare's theme sound decent. And Route 10 is excellent.)
They could have done so many good things with that theme. It still isn't bad, but I was kinda expecting more. Maybe it's because I've always loved the theme (the BW remix was amazing) that I was expecting a lot from it. Maybe it'll grow on me a bit, but I'm not really feeling the remix of it right now.

Pic of the day. In earlier Smash Bros. games, the Temple served as a prototypical large stage. Now it's remastered beautifully in HD.

(Comment)

The one large change we made to this stage is this Hylian text. I wonder what it says? Also featured in this pic is Link in Fierce Deity colors

Just a side note, im hearing things about an update that will render local play unusable until the update is downloaded, and once downloaded it will make all saved replays un-viewable. Assuming its a balancing update.

EonX

Battle Soul
Just a side note, im hearing things about an update that will render local play unusable until the update is downloaded, and once downloaded it will make all saved replays un-viewable. Assuming its a balancing update.
I really, really, really hope that this is not true. I'm fine for a balancing update since Little Mac and Rosalina practically destroy the entire roster right now (projectile-based characters beat Mac, but generally auto-lose to Rosalina. Close quarters characters can beat Rosalina, but typically lose to Little Mac) but it would really suck to not be able to watch any replays you've saved. I personally save replays of funny moments, great comebacks, and close losses that I can learn from. Not being able to view those would really be disappointing imo.

I am totally scared of them nerfing Little Mac, because if the previous cases of characters being nerfed between games has showed me something, is that they might ruin him forever.

All because people love to whine...

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I am totally scared of them nerfing Little Mac, because if the previous cases of characters being nerfed between games has showed me something, is that they might ruin him forever.

All because people love to whine...
What? Why would they nerf Little Mac? I doubt they'll honestly do any gameplay changes from the 3DS version, that would just be dumb tbh.

Also if anything needs nerfing it's Greninja's Up Smash, it's literally the single best smash attack in smash history lol.

Agreed, it would be very dumb, and I have no real reason to believe it will happen, but all the people begging for it just....ugh.

If they will truly do balance patches, I don't want them to nerf anybody, instead just buff those that truly need it. I sure as hell would not mind if Kirby could move faster in the air!

EonX

Battle Soul
If they will truly do balance patches, I don't want them to nerf anybody, instead just buff those that truly need it. I sure as hell would not mind if Kirby could move faster in the air!
I'd be more for this tbh. There's obviously characters that are quite difficult to use, even if you happen to be really good with them (Ganondorf and Kirby come to mind) so giving them a buff or two to make them more usable would be really neat imo. Whatever balancing route they take, I just still want them to not inhibit our ability to watch replays of our past matches. I'd also be ok with lessening the learning curve with certain characters (Shulk comes to mind) to make them a bit easier to pick up at first because I feel quite a few people are turned away from the harder to learn characters because it takes them forever to figure the characters out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)