XY UU i'm gucci, you're crocs

Hello Smogon, I'm Sergio and I started playing mons around 2010 year more or less, late HGSS on ShoddyBattle but really didnt enjoy much probably because my skills were definitely not very good at that point and the spanish forums that I used to visit were really stacked, as nowadays.
So I decided to join smogon.com/forums to learn better how to play this game while I used to laddering on Smogon PO Server, these ladder times were definitely fun, lot of those people don't play mons anymore, people on these times were more respectful than people now. I joined Battling 101 a few times to improve my skills while I used to ladder a lot and it was definitely useful, i would recommend to everyone who joins competitive pokemon to join B101 to get into "competitive" easier. After that time, I got pretty interested with RU tier, even If i played BW NU since like the first day pretty much lol I never was a fan of Black and White UnderUsed because so I used to play RU as main tier, but with this new generation i'm really liking UU, so I decided to make an UnderUsed RMT.
I decided to make a team to my friend aim for the Grand Slam around Mega-Alakazam with some defensive pivot and backups, so he was my inspiration to make this team based on his taste although I tried to make a team based on my style - aka with some defensive backup.

Gligar @ Eviolite | Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD | Careful
Stealth Rock / Roost / Earthquake / U-turn

Gligar is one of my defensive backups to my team, work as pivot and mixed wall as well so is able to check special things such Hydreigon and Ampharos-Mega while at the same team is respectably as defensive physical wall also fit one of the most important roles on the team as Stealth Rock user. The Evs Spread is pretty self-explanatory to maximize the overall bulk and special defensive side, no speed is needed since is usually used as pivot to tank attacks and is not gonna kill nothing since is so weak anyways.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge | Liquid Ooze
240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe | Bold
Scald / Rapid Spin / Ice Beam / Toxic Spikes

Tentacruel is the physical spectrum side of the utility and defensive core, I decided to use Tentacruel because have a great synergy with the rest of my team; specially with Gligar. Rapid Spin + Toxic Spikes on same team slot is huge although Tentacruel is sometimes underwhelming so it needs to be played carefully depending on the opponent team, sometimes spinning and tanking attacks is more valuable than using Toxic Spikes but other times Toxic Spikes is really clutch against opponent team. Scald is pretty much the main offensive move, because the 30% chance to burn the opponent mon, otherwise could use Hydro Pump tho. I decided to use Ice Beam over Knock Off or Sludge Bomb because I want to hit super effective grass types mon and Zygarde at the same time, also Knock Off is kinda weak. Tentacruel spread maximize his physical bulk, enough speed to outrun Adamant Honchkrow.

Hydreigon @ Life Orb | Levitate
56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe | Hasty
Superpower / Dark Pulse / Draco Meteor / Roost

Hydreigon is my main wallbreaker and hard hitter, pretty much owns everything except for fairy types which are walled by Tentacruel and Jirachi, Machamp also lures fairy types for Hydreigon which is really appreciated. Hydreigon coverage is pretty much perfect except for fairies types mon, although Granbull takes a lot from Dark Pulse. You're usually spamming Dark Pulse + DM against everything, Superpower is just coverage for Empoleon, Blissey, Cobalion and Snorlax. Roost to recover health against more balance teams but usually is the less valuable move. Iron Tail is a decent option over Roost since it's usually not used and hits fairy types and since I'm using Healing Wish Jirachi it''s not a big deal, anyways I'm concerned about Iron Tail accuracy. The spread is pretty simple, maximizing the speed to tie with another non-scarf Hydreigon and outrun Haxorus. 56 Evs on Atk allows to 2HKO Blissey after Stealth Rock.

Alakazam @ Alakazite | Magic Guard
252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Modest
Shadow Ball / Dazzling Gleam / Protect / Psychic

This is one of my favorites Mega-Kazam sets; as cleaner is one of the best ones in UU so far. With a Modest nature you almost get 500 pts on Special Attack, and still you're very fast (faster than max speed crobat!). I cant tell on OU because i'm not very knowledge on that tier but on this tier it is definitely worth, only concern is the first turn and thats why i'm using Protect, also using Toxic Spikes with that is nice to get a cheap damage before to attack also still helps to predict Scarfers / pursuit mons. Only real issue with Mega-Alakazam Modest are opposite Mega-Kazam / Aerodactyl which actually runs max speed. I wish i can fit Focus Blast on this Mega-Alakazam on somewhere to hit Empoleon, Blissey and Snorlax.

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf | Serene Grace
252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe | Jolly
Iron Head / U-turn / Healing Wish / Ice Punch

The little star of my team. Iron Head and U-turn are the main moves on Jirachi, U-turn to scout everything and Iron Head to flinch and trying to clean the opponent team, this last move is specially cool paired with Toxic Spikes if they are up you're even able to beat things like Hippowdon or Vaporeon on 1vs1 if you're enough lucky. Healing Wish is used to help his teammates, specially Machamp and Mega-Alakazam which lacks of recover. Finally, Ice Punch to clutch against opposite Haxorus and Zygarde, Iron Head does a bit less to Haxorus but I really want maximize the damage.

Machamp @ Assault Vest | No Guard
168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe | Adamant
Dynamic Punch / Knock Off / Heavy Slam / Stone Edge

The Machampion, this thing have gained a lot since BW UU with Knock Off and Assault Vest, beating a lot of things on 1 vs 1 scenario. Dynamic Punch is like the easiest move to spam ever, unless your opponent uses a bulky ghost. Knock Off helps against psychic and ghost types, even against neutral things or defensive teams oriented is really useful. Heavy Smash is used as my move to hit fairy types and Sableye, some people uses Bullet Punch but that move sucks on Machamp. Last move is Stone Edge which helps me to hit flying types like Crobat although Ice Punch is a good option to hit Gligar and Nidos over Stone Edge, but i prefer the power on this case. Unlike other Machamps this one doesnt need much speed, so I gave enough speed to outrun base 65 - Vaporeon.​

Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roost
- Earthquake
- U-turn

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 240 HP / 244 Def / 24 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Toxic Spikes

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse
- Draco Meteor
- Roost

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect
- Psychic

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Healing Wish
- Ice Punch

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Heavy Slam
- Stone Edge

#rarelyused - es el mejor canal de todo IRC, dudo que me metiese a IRC sino fuese por este canal y alguno que otro, aunque al final se hable de todo menos de RU.
#xyuu
#beastaroonis
#los_tigres - aunque este año no juegue con el equipo os seguire apoyando ya que me lo pase muy bien el año pasado. Espero que val/tennis este año no compren 10 jugadores de LC.
tesung10: tesung and da hoes - chicos *-* Gracias especialmente a TDK por el GP !
IDM - excluyendo a unos pocos, vale la pena. CTC es encantador pienso.
Ghosting Gengars - germen
Heister, McMeghan,
legendario Bloo.

Last edited:
Hey man, really solid balance team you got! Don't have much to say other than one small suggestion. I highly recommend running Trick on your Jirachi, probably over ice punch as you have toxic spike support that helps you deal with Zygarde and Iron Head does a respectable chunk to Haxorus as well and you also have that 60% chance to flinch on top of that. Trick is fantastic on Rachi as that helps you deal with Crocune which looks like could be pretty deadly to your team as the best way I see you dealing with it is going for dynamic punch 50/50's or dark pulse flinches with Hydreigon. Although Crocune is going down a big in usage for the Sub CM set, it is still seen quite a bit and I believe that warrants Trick on Rachi.

Pretty much it haha, hope this helped!

Solid looking balance bro. A couple of things look a little troublesome such as sableye and crocune as you don't really have a way to 2hko either of them reliably. Status also looks like an issue as you don't have a cleric or a status absorber. Have you considered running guts CB champ? It helps patch up both these issues, 2hkoing crocune and shitting all over sableye as well as taking stray scalds. Same spread and moves (apart from close combat>d-punch obviously) unless you want to outrun suicune in which case you could run max speed with adamant but I wouldn't have thought that to be necessary. Seeing as you have specially defensive gligar that deals with things like hydra which I guess is the biggest thing champ would be switching in to, I don't think you lose too much changing to a band set.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)