Other OU Mini Tour Mk II (Round 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
How to participate:
  • The OU Mini-Tournaments are run just like an official Smogon tournament. The first thread/post posted is the sign-ups. During the sign-ups you post "in".
  • The Rounds will last exactly 4 days from the second the round is posted here in the OU sub-forum. At the end of the 4 days, unfinished matches at the deadline will decided by coin flip. Exception: *If you contacted your opponent but they do not respond by the day before the deadline, then if that match does not get completed you will win by activity*
  • Each mini-tournament will consist of 16, 24, 32, 48 or even 64 participants. It will be first come first serve. Sign-ups will last for approximately 3 days unless the tournament reaches 64 participants, at which point sign-ups will finish.
General Rulings for all Tournaments
Identity

When battling for tournament matches, please use an alt which is the same as/similar to your Forum name. For example, my forum name is Halcyon., where as on PS I'm Halcyon of Light. That is acceptable, but please try to keep your names at least similar. If I hear about people playing for others or claiming to be someone they are not, I will not hesitate to ban people from these tours.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching. This being said, knowing what your opponent is going to use by studying their playstyle through replays is not against the rules, and is common practice in tournaments.

Timer Clause

Timer is not mandatory in matches, so it is ultimately up to the discretion of you and your opponent whether you choose to use it. However, I don't want to hear anyone complaining about losing to timeout. In the end, the timer is part of the game, and if you cannot pick your moves within 5 minutes, then that is your problem. However, you should also be courteous and let your opponent take their time with their moves. In any tour, it is important to make sure you think your moves through completely. So don't be afraid to take your time. Time stalling will not be tolerated, so if your opponent is waiting until they have 10 or 20 seconds left to move for multiple turns in a row, send me the repay and I can deal with them from there.

Disconnections

Disconnections are something that sometimes just happen, and there's nothing you can do about it. In the event of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. They can do one of three things: replay with the same moves, replay with different teams, or take the win. Taking the win can only be done if the winner of the match was absolutely assured outside of extreme hax. If you wish to take the win, send me a replay of the match and I can decide whether the win was deserved or not. While disconnects are simply a part of online competition, please try your best to create a situation where there is as little of a chance to disconnect as possible (ie, don't play on your smartphone in the middle of the woods and you should be fine). If your opponent disconnects and then changes their team, and you have good reason to believe they did so, send me replays of the original match and the rematch and I will make the final call.

OU Mini-Tournaments Rules:
  • Battles should take place on Pokemon Showdown! unless both players agree otherwise. Other servers like Smogtours, Frost, and Battle Tower are also acceptable.
  • Standard Gen VI OU. Refer to this page for more information on usable Pokemon. Please note that these tours will have gimmicks, but unless something is specified, standard OU rules apply.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • You may switch your team each round.
Battle Clauses:

• Evasion Clause
  • OHKO Clause
  • Sleep Clause
  • Species Clause
  • Timed Battle
  • Team Preview
  • Baton Pass Clause
Other things to note about OU Mini-Tournaments:
  • Many of these tournaments will have quirks/gimmicks such as allowing previously banned pokemon or banning certain OU pokemon.
  • There won't be more than one tournament running at a time.
  • Any of the above rules are subject to change depending on the tournament at hand.
  • The second post will always outline the special rules of the tournament.
Approved by alexwolf

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Tour 1: OU: The UU of Ubers

OU has always been the standard competitive metagame for Smogon. But what if Ubers were the main tier and OU was based off usage in the Ubers tier? How would the loss of Pokemon like Scizor affect the tier? In this tour all Pokemon above 3.41% usage in Ubers will be banned. Everything else will be allowed, even formerly banned Pokemon! Please check these usage stats to find out what has been banned and what is allowed. If you use a Pokemon that is Ubers by usage, you will be disqualified, so be careful!

PLEASE NOTE THAT ALL ARCEUS FORMES ARE BANNED.

ROUND 1

Reymedy vs Lord Ninjax
D4RR3N vs Silver97
Navy vs Fran17
Shartruce2 vs praj.pran
Rob. vs Sparksblade
Bluwing vs Mysteria
TheEnder vs Ranger Mike
scotti vs Meile
Nova vs -Clone-
alter vs The Quazar
worthlessnoob vs MikeDawg
Gingy vs Afro14ajaja
critical vs NotAGymLdr
G-von vs Moony
Hjwang vs void
Exeggutive vs Goomynator
NocturOP vs Qubae
Teal6 vs Max Carvalho
Based n bad
vs Salamence
Mix vs Gorex
Turducken64 vs Gizmo
Master Sunny-EX vs Jin White
Blacklight vw Mr. Perry
z0mOG vs D-Ssain

And these people will have a bye for round 1!
henry
Anttyaz
5th
Jacob
ForgottenOnes
Godiswhite
Asterat
The Romanian Power

Round 2

Navy vs scotti
Shartruce2 vs void
critical vs Gizmo
Max Carvalho vs Based n badJin White vs Moony
z0mOG vs Mysteria
worthlessnoob vs NocturOP
Gorex vs The Quazar
-Clone-
vs Blacklight
Gingy vs Exeggutive
TheEnder
vs Silver97
Lord Ninjax vs Rob.
Anttyaz vs ForgottenOnes
5th vs The Romanian Power

Jacob vs henry
Asterat vs Godiswhite

Round 3

Navy
vs Godiswhite
Gizmo vs Exeggutive
JinWhite
vs NocturOP
z0mOG vs Shartruce2
-Clone- vs TheQuazar
TheEnder vs Based n bad
Anttyaz
vs 5th
henry vs Rob.

Round 4

Rob. vs Anttyaz
JinWhite vs Based n bad
Shartruce2 vs Exeggutive
Navy vs TheQuazar

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)