DHR-107 is now OI's head moderator

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
DHR-107 is OI's longest-standing current moderator and is very dedicated to the forum, so I have no doubt he'll do great things. I'm not leaving, I just want to search for something that makes me excited about Smogon again (whatever that may be) and thought OI deserved someone who's still fired up.

It's been fun!

:heart:

I'd like to say a few things, to this rather surprising announcement:
Stellar:
for everything you've done in OI, for contributing and putting up with us all!

Whilst it's sad to see this happen, I guess,
because sometimes
looking for a new challenge, commitment or some variety.

I've only been around here for about a year, but it's a fantastic place and to fair, its a sum of its parts with great people everywhere.

Kinda sad to see such a big change, but nonetheless I understand your reasons.

Now, DHR-107:

Try not to break it and it goes without saying, but I'm certainly keen to see what you've got planned for the Orange Islands and

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
So... This happened.

I want to say a huge thank you to Stellar for believing that I can do this and head up an entire forum. I'm pretty scared about it to be honest, but I am sure he and others will be more than willing to help me out if needs be :) Codraroll and NoCheese are trusty sidekicks and even though they are new mods they are already having impacts on threads.

With ORAS just around the corner, this is an incredibly exciting time for Orange Islands in general, and I can't wait to get stuck into the games and find out all the little secrets and changes that they made from the first time around. I hope you guys will enjoy it just as much.

As this is my 1500th post, I thought I'd do a little shoutout to some of the people who have helped me, and have become friends with since whenever... I'll hide this away as to not clutter up this post too much!

This list will be shorter than my others... But even so, thank you to everyone at Smogon who continues to make this a nice place. To those who don't, you know who you are.

paintseagull Dragonblaze052 Birkal The Avalanches DetroitLolcat and everyone else at CaP who makes it fun and interesting. Even though there has been turmoil recently, I am sure we can turn it around. Let's sort out some Prevos soon! :D

MikeAU (The Gif Master above) and Its_A_Random for making my mornings all that more pleasurable and to the rest of the Aussie contingent. Mike, I can't wait to meet you next year when you make the 12,000 mile trip to Europe. This goes out to all the other #oi people too Hydrattler UllarWarlord StarmanXL

Jimera0 TheMantyke Kadew SuperJOCKE for making Friday nights hilarious still. We've been streaming for a long time now and I hope we can continue for as long as we can :) Also a shout out to PSDuckie and the Orange Plays guys who meet up on Sundays to play!

To everyone in the #OI channel who make it fun and enjoyable to be in it. thefwf Phade102 ThePlaneWalker Limi etc etc etc

ium for being a cool dude :) Redew for being cool to talk too oh and the #SmogonWifi guys who are really cool to talk to as well evo25 and the others too!

Probably forgotten some people... But either way, thank you to everyone!

Last edited:

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Congrats, DHR! Good luck moderating those heads around here! NoCheese and I will try to do our best to kick you in the side, or whatever you meant.

Grats DHR, it's nice to see that all your hard work is being rewarded (even if it is being rewarded with more responsibility :P)! Just don't get too busy to come to the stream, I don't know what we'd do without everyone's favorite Brit :P

And Stellar, good luck finding that excitement and drive you're looking for. I can relate to that in my own way; it's what led to my own shift from the competitive part of the forums to doing entertainment stuff here. Hopefully you'll find what you're looking for like I did!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)