Tournament LC Swiss Tournament (Won by Tricking!)

Camden

Hey, it's me!
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Approved by macle
Co-hosted by Mambo

LC SWISS TOURNAMENT
Your average tournament on this site is single-elimination, and occasionally a round-robin or double-elimination bracket. That's all fine and dandy, but how about...Swiss Format??

For those that don't know what Swiss Format is, you can hit up the Wikipedia article here, but for those that want a quick explanation, it goes like this:

For the first round, everybody is paired with an opponent at random. From the 2nd Round onward, you are paired with an opponent that has a similar record. There are no eliminations in Swiss tournaments. You keep playing each round until the last round is over. You will also never play the same player twice. Once the last round ends, the top cut of the players will advance to a small bracket to determine the ultimate winner.

Q: How exactly are the top cut of players decided? How many advance? How many rounds are there?

A: This all depends on how many players sign up. This is what we will be using to determine how many Rounds we have:​

Obviously we're not gonna have 513+ in the tour, but you get my point. As for the top cut, we will be using a Top 8 unless we exceed 48 players, in which case we'll be using Top 16.

The point system is simple. You get 3 points for a win, 1 point for a bye or tie, and 0 points for a loss. If you are DQ'd for the round it counts as a loss for you and a win for your opponent. A double DQ will simply be a tie.

Sign-ups will be open until Sunday @ Noon EST, but possibly later if there is a demand for more time (it is 10:27 EST at the time this was posted). If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them in this thread and I'll do my best to respond.​
1. QuoteCS
2. macle
3. Rowan
4. Lord Alphose
5. ggggd
6. Max Carvalho
7. The Quasar
8. GlassGlaceon
9. Brazilian Army
10. Eren Yeager
11. Mambo
12. Sunny.
13. praj.pran
14. DeathxShinigami
15. Flame Emblem
16. heysup
17. kingmidas
18. WildHope
19. galbia
20. Infamy
21. TRC
22. apt-get
23. zeriloa
24. tazz
25. boo836
26. Yagura
27. Gelli
28. Hawkstar
29. TheFenderStory
30. Obvious Power
31. Shrug
32. The Avalanches
33. Tahu
34. Anttyaz
35. offler
36. Brophlosion
37. dead song
38. aleuser
39. gangsterish
40. LLama_with_nohat
41. ZoroarkForever
42. silver97
43. Tricking
44. Culone
45. Melonz
46. Omastar42
47. insanelegend
48. Fiend Hound
49. PangoroHat
50. sparktrain
51. Mysteria
52. The Unlucky One
53. Superpowerdude
54. Expulso
55. frogtaco
56. Mega-Swampert
57. TheTrueLegendary
58. Fran17
59. Kiyo
60. majaspic22
61. Jac
62. Aaron's Aron
63. Ashley11
64. Ranger Mike
65. Lucina09
66. GiraGoomy
67. fatty
68. trev
69. Ecna
70. Specs Aqua Jet
71. Felicette
72. J_ohn76
73. procorphish
74. queenlucy

Last edited:
No elimination? You mean, I'll be devoting way too much time to this? I'm very interested. How will signups be done early on- matching winners to winners and losers as losers as they come to rather expedite the process, assuming we get a large amount of people, or regular rounds until we have, like, 32 rounds?

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
No elimination? You mean, I'll be devoting way too much time to this? I'm very interested. How will signups be done early on- matching winners to winners and losers as losers as they come to rather expedite the process, assuming we get a large amount of people, or regular rounds until we have, like, 32 rounds?
I think I understand the question. Yes, in early rounds, the people who are 1-0 will be matched with others who are 1-0; the same goes for those who are 0-1. Once the records begin to diversify a bit, matchups will become more interesting. The matchups in the first round are going to be randomized.

I think I understand the question. Yes, in early rounds, the people who are 1-0 will be matched with others who are 1-0; the same goes for those who are 0-1. Once the records begin to diversify a bit, matchups will become more interesting. The matchups in the first round are going to be randomized.
No, as in, will we be matched with opponents as they're available (as in, say the first two battles happen, winner fights winner, loser fights loser), or will we be matched up every round (all, say, 32 battles happen, 8 winners matched with 8 winners, 8 losers with 8 losers)?

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh, matchup's will occur every round, it won't just be sporadic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)