ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
This one's easy.
Zinnia is a flower
Higana comes from "higanbana" which means "spider lily" (oh hey another flower)

In the language of flowers, Zinnias equate to the remembrance of those dearly departed. Red Spider Lillies are often called "the flower that blooms in the afterlife" because they're commonly found growing around cemeteries. In Japanese culture/art, they are used to depict a sorrowful scene of two people who will never meet again, likely because one of them is about to get killed off.

So Zinnia has a very strong life/death/afterlife and "unto ancient magic" theme spelled out for her. What were the species names for Xerneas and Yveltal ?

~XY remake confirmed~
Adding to this, in the trailer, Wallace says something along the lines of "I never knew we received it from that huge man in the Kalos region..." likely referring to Mega Evolution.
Also, Wallace knows about Az. Huh.

The official site confirms that you get Diancite when you enter a Pokemon Center while having it in your party. Another mystery solved.
There will also be another mini-game at the PGL, called Mine cart adventure, where you collect berries in order to win Poke Balls.

Just a nice little note to make; between ORAS, XY, and a few events (some japan-only...) this makes the only Pokémon so far not able to have a blue pentagon as Meloetta, Arceus and Genesect.
Also Unown but it'll probably be in ORAS anyway.
You forgot Mew and Manaphy :p

Last edited:
Wait, is the Eon Flute or Lati@site event-exclusive? Someone on another site made it sound that way and I thought it wasn't.

Last edited:
Hey guys new trailler is on. Apparently even the Regis will be found at those 'mirage spots', lame.
"Mysterious messages have been left in the Hoenn region since ancient times. By reading and deciphering them, you’ll be able to meet the Legendary Pokémon Regirock, Regice, and Registeel."

So from this I gather that they now contain messages that lead you to specific mirage spots...?

"Mysterious messages have been left in the Hoenn region since ancient times. By reading and deciphering them, you’ll be able to meet the Legendary Pokémon Regirock, Regice, and Registeel."

So from this I gather that they now contain messages that lead you to specific mirage spots...?
Well, that makes sense yes. Ok then.

Now let's get to serious things, Deoxys uh? Does that means that we can finally use the Rocket and intercept Deoxys in the stratosphere with a special suit? if not it's fine.
Omg I said it as joke. Then hours/minutes after it's possible to do that but instead of a rocket in a Rayquaza...guys between all of us that made jokes and became true how many there are because this is too much for our hearts.

Ice Punch Blaziken will likely be a levelup move. This isn't the first time a Pokemon learns a move by levelup but doesn't get it from Tutor.

Scyther and Vacuum Wave
Tornadus and Air Cutter (ORAS)
Ice Punch isn't listed as a level-up move on the Datamine. So there's at least some things it doesn't have. I'm just glad to have proof.
Also, Focus Punch Swampert is shown on the same page on the official website. I kind of doubt Focus Punch will be a level-up move for it somehow...

Ice Punch isn't listed as a level-up move on the Datamine. So there's at least some things it doesn't have. I'm just glad to have proof.
Also, Focus Punch Swampert is shown on the same page on the official website. I kind of doubt Focus Punch will be a level-up move for it somehow...
The movepools for Pokemon that were obtainable in the demo were culled.

Am I the only one slightly feeling that the impact of "legendary Pokémon" is somewhat reduced when you can catch over forty of them in one game? OK, even if a good portion of them are version exclusive, you'd still be able to fill a box with legendaries alone. I think the relevant term is "content inflation", and I'm interested to see what GameFreak will do to combat it in later generation. Introducing fewer legendaries per generation seems to be a good start.
I can see your point, but I must admit that I disagree. Catching legendary Pokemon has always been one of my favourite parts of a Pokemon game; is there anything more satisfying then hearing the "click" of the Pokeball when you successfully catch one? The main downfall with XY was the lack of postgame beyond the Looker quest, and I feel that one of the best ways to add more postgame content is legendary Pokemon. Granted, in the past there was usually a dungeon to go through before finding the legend (Turnback Cave, Stark Mountain, the Sealed Chamber, Mistralton Cave, the Power Plant, etc.), and in ORAS it looks like some of the legends will not have dungeons. It looks like some will, though: according to the new trailer video, it looks like Heatran will be in Mt. Chimney and Cresselia in Meteor Falls. Perhaps there will be others that you have to do some work to get to?

But whatever is the case, I am definitely looking forward to the amount of legendary Pokemon to catch. And I want my Suicune.

I can see your point, but I must admit that I disagree. Catching legendary Pokemon has always been one of my favourite parts of a Pokemon game; is there anything more satisfying then hearing the "click" of the Pokeball when you successfully catch one? The main downfall with XY was the lack of postgame beyond the Looker quest, and I feel that one of the best ways to add more postgame content is legendary Pokemon. Granted, in the past there was usually a dungeon to go through before finding the legend (Turnback Cave, Stark Mountain, the Sealed Chamber, Mistralton Cave, the Power Plant, etc.), and in ORAS it looks like some of the legends will not have dungeons. It looks like some will, though: according to the new trailer video, it looks like Heatran will be in Mt. Chimney and Cresselia in Meteor Falls. Perhaps there will be others that you have to do some work to get to?

But whatever is the case, I am definitely looking forward to the amount of legendary Pokemon to catch. And I want my Suicune.
All the legends are in 'mirage spots', basically you go to clouds in the sky that transport you to somewhere else right in front of the legend.

Ice Punch Blaziken? That's quite unexpected. I'm assuming this will turn out to be another Fairy Wind Gardevoir situation, tbh.

Ice Punch Blaziken? That's quite unexpected. I'm assuming this will turn out to be another Fairy Wind Gardevoir situation, tbh.
If memory serves me correctly, that was just seen briefly in a video. This is the official site straight up saying Blaziken is getting Ice Punch
Can we talk about the ridiculousness/awesomeness of Cobra Starship here?

Fly me to the moon, let me play among the stars...

Edit: BTW nicknaming all my Rayquaza Cobra Starship now.
That is just majestic.
(Cobra Starship would be limited to Showdown seeing as it has 14 total characters counting the space)

Attention everyone. Am I the only person worried that you may not go to a second region?
Why would we? The only times where you could go to another region in the games was in Gold, Silver, Crystal, HeartGold, and SoulSilver. It has never happened outside those games (not even in FireRed and LeafGreen, which had the most excuse of any game besides the Johto games). This makes us suspect that we will be limited to Hoenn in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

Attention everyone. Am I the only person worried that you may not go to a second region?
Why would you think we would go to one? The only game that did that was Gold and Silver (and various versions of them). Or do you mean the Battle Frontier? Since they are pakcing every non-event legend into this game, I think Hoenn is going to be the only beast you get to tackle (but man, what a beast!)

Speaking of battle frontiers,

my what an interesting background you got there. It doesn't really confirm much since they could be reusing assets or this could be just from XY, but still looks like something could be making a return.

Really
We've got shown a ton of new megas, able to soar around the region, access to almost every legendary, the ability to GO TO SPACE
and you're not satisfied and want another region
alright, cool, whatever, never mind the fact that Hoenn is pretty much bigger than kanto and johto combined, the fact the game is already jam-packed, the fact there probably wouldn't be enough space on the cartridge and the fact the game doesn't need another region at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)