ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the news that we can go to space...

Remember the rumors from Ye Olde days that you could go to space when x number of rockets had launched, and then you could catch Deoxys? In some versions, the white rock or Lati@s were also involved. Now, 11 (?) years later, we actually can go to space. Maybe Game Freak pays attention to the community more than we think.

Remember the rumors from Ye Olde days that you could go to space when x number of rockets had launched, and then you could catch Deoxys? In some versions, the white rock or Lati@s were also involved. Now, 11 (?) years later, we actually can go to space. Maybe Game Freak pays attention to the community more than we think.
Just like a Lava Cookie being hidden under the truck in FireRed and LeafGreen

Not only did they give us this, but we aren't going to space on some measly rocket. No, we are going into space riding Mega Shenron Rayquaza. This is every kid's dream.

Well, at least I really hope we are the one in the spacesuit. Other possible candidates are Steven and Zinnia, and I can see trollfreak sniping our space race victory here.

Not trying to be debbie downer though, because I really want to go to space. It's just the only confirmed thing is that Rayquaza goes to space with SOMEBODY in a space-suit.

Tory

Banned deucer.
Thanks for the replies everyone. The two main things I was worried about were: not another place and no battle frontier.

On Fire Red & Leaf Green, the other region you can go are the Sevii Islands corrected?

So on Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the outer space area possibly may be a big place to explore like the Sevii Islands right? This maybe true, because I wouldn't like the fact you would be stuck in Hoenn and no where else to go new, after 11 years? Come on now.

Oh my god, the second I saw that poster for the Delta Episode, I was playing with the idea of soaring through the vacuum of space (And pulling a Mew/Mewtwo from the very first anime opening)
And now we get to do it
HNNNNNNG

Now I hope that outer space functions like the distortion world. A special area in the game that you can revisit for mining Star Pieces and Moon Stones.

Also, more flying on the backs of MEvoed legendary dragons. It's like being born with those special qualifications is gonna keep becoming a thing.

Thanks for the replies everyone. The two main things I was worried about were: not another place and no battle frontier.

On Fire Red & Leaf Green, the other region you can go are the Sevii Islands corrected?

So on Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire, the outer space area possibly may be a big place to explore like the Sevii Islands right? This maybe true, because I wouldn't like the fact you would be stuck in Hoenn and no where else to go new, after 11 years? Come on now.
I forgot about the Sevii's because that always seemed like a part of Kanto to me, but I guess it was more a micro-nation. Sorta. The Southern Island is confirmed (which wasn't technically a Sevii but was pretty close), so maybe Naval Rock or Birth Island will come back since we don't know how Deoxys or Lugia/Ho-oh will be caught other than "Mirage Spots" whatever that means. I can see a ton of little one-pokemon islands that you fly to on Lati@s.

As for the frontier, I'm sorry to say I think we would of heard of something by now if it was going to be big. It seems really really really likely that they will recycle the Battle Maison under a new name or something. But the Regigigas picture sorta alluded to the Battle Chateau returning, which could mean gym-leader rematches. But the hope is still alive, albeit visibly gasping and seizing.

Still, we can't say it won't have a post-game anymore. You might not have a mini-post-region to trek, but you will have a space odyssey and like 20ish legendaries to catch. That's pretty good.

Haha.
Hahahahahahaa.
Hahahahahahahahahaha.

They are really pushing the regis tho; with the whole theory about them being mirage spots, does this mean you'll find regigigas in another mirage spot that you'll only find out about after you get all three regis? Or do you know about the spot and need all three to enter?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Am I the only one slightly feeling that the impact of "legendary Pokémon" is somewhat reduced when you can catch over forty of them in one game? OK, even if a good portion of them are version exclusive, you'd still be able to fill a box with legendaries alone. I think the relevant term is "content inflation", and I'm interested to see what GameFreak will do to combat it in later generation. Introducing fewer legendaries per generation seems to be a good start.
True, but sadly it's a necessary evil if we want all Legendaries official usable. Though as I said previously they could make Legendaries version exclusive. Creating an example list:

Omega Ruby: Ho-Oh, Dialga, Reshiram, Legendary Beasts, Heatran, Tornadus
Alpha Sapphire: Lugia, Palkia, Zekrom, Swords of Justice, Cresselia, Thundurus
Both: Lake Guardians, Regigigas, Landorus (after getting both Tornadus & Thundurus), Kyurem

Or they could even split up all the Legendary trios so that you can only get the third member if you have the third member.

And over the years I do feel the "term" Legendary has been played out. At the moment I only consider Pokemon who's BST is 670 and above to be Legendaries and the other Legendaries with a BST below that just to be very powerful Pokemon. I think even GameFreak agrees as they've changed the Event Pokemon from being "Legendaries" to "Mythical" just to separate them from the Legendary stigma.

And while I do agree that Gen IV and V released too many Legendaries, I don't want there to be a lack of any either. I think Mascot Pokemon (2 or 3), Legendary Trio, Event Trio, and an additional 1 or 2 is a fine number of Legendaries for a region (it's about 9 to 11 Legendaries. Seems like a lot, but remember that 3 are Event so only 6 or 8 are catchable in-game). Not too much, not too little.

... people still use Master Balls?
I honestly haven't felt the need to use one since Thundurus in White. For roamers, sure, but they've made it so much easier to catch legends now what with Dusk/Quick/Timer Balls, Critical Capture, Thunder Wave TM, box legends having a higher catch rate, Catching o-power... I literally caught Yveltal in the first Quick Ball I tossed without the o-power, no joke.
That's another thing, I'd like it if they made it so the Mascot Legendaries weren't a required catch and make them a challenge to catch again. Sure I still wouldn't use my Master Ball on them (gotta be a roamer to be worth that), but it feels like the game is just giving me the Mascot Legendary instead of me having to prove I deserve it. Hopefully they do that in ORAS (watch as Primal Kyogre and Groudon have a catchrate of 255...).

Just a nice little note to make; between ORAS, XY, and a few events (some japan-only...) this makes the only Pokémon so far not able to have a blue pentagon as Meloetta, Arceus and Genesect.
Also Unown but it'll probably be in ORAS anyway.
Wasn't an Unown place found in the demo's code? Anyone I'm sure we'll get an event for those soon... wait, when was there an Gen VI event for Mew?

This one's easy.
Zinnia is a flower
Higana comes from "higanbana" which means "spider lily" (oh hey another flower)

In the language of flowers, Zinnias equate to the remembrance of those dearly beloved, and one's lasting affection for them. Red Spider Lillies are often called "the flower that blooms in the afterlife" because they're commonly found growing around cemeteries. In Japanese culture/art, they are used to depict a sorrowful scene of two people who will never meet again, likely because one of them is about to get killed off.

So Zinnia has a very strong life/death/afterlife and "unto ancient magic" theme spelled out for her. What were the species names for That accursed deer and myself???

~XY remake confirmed~
Ah, I see. Also does she have an affinity for Dragon-types or am I just seeing things just because she has a Mega Salamence and she has an epic picture depicting her in Rayquaza's glow?

And now some observations I made from the site update:

AZ was in Hoenn, interesting but makes sense. Being alive for 3,000 years I guess he probably visited all the regions looking for Floette... and now I have images in my head of AZ showing up in vacation and tourist spots.

"The actions that you're taking now... Are they based on the ideals you cling to? Or are they based on actual truths? And if they are... How much of the truth do you think you know?"

Ideals? Truth?... Who are you, N?

What... is she doing here?

Episode Delta:
So according to Episode Delta, either Team Magma/Aqua are collecting Key Stones, specifically Courtney and Matt. Now if you recall, these two were the ones with the Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo at higher levels, so maybe this is when they use it?

Also Rayquaza smashing a meteor?

Tory

Banned deucer.
Regigigas is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, it reminds me of Metagross a little. Not to mention the Regis are my favorite trio of all time. I am hoping it gets another ability. Slow Start is a joke.

@Pikachu315111: That wasn't the first time Rayquaza smashed a meteor. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue & Red Rescue Team FTW.

As for the frontier, I'm sorry to say I think we would of heard of something by now if it was going to be big. It seems really really really likely that they will recycle the Battle Maison under a new name or something.
They could still be keeping it a secret as a "surprise" for when you beat the game. I mean, they never talked about the Maison before the release of X and Y. Please let there be a Frontier or something better than just a Tower/Subway/Maison. I want some fun challenges!

They could still be keeping it a secret as a "surprise" for when you beat the game. I mean, they never talked about the Maison before the release of X and Y. Please let there be a Frontier or something better than just a Tower/Subway/Maison. I want some fun challenges!
Keep the dream alive man, keep it alive. No seriously somebody give the dream CPR 'cause it's dying.

(But I totally agree with you. It's not dead yet, but just not likely. But I'd be happy to be wrong)

I mean, they never talked about the Maison before the release of X and Y.
Woo, what a great surprise, wooo...

"The actions that you're taking now... Are they based on the ideals you cling to? Or are they based on actual truths? And if they are... How much of the truth do you think you know?"

Ideals? Truth?... Who are you, N?
Maybe this is her showing you Mirage Spots for the first time, and your first is one of either Reshi or Zeki?

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Regigigas is one of my favorite Pokemon of all time, it reminds me of Metagross a little. Not to mention the Regis are my favorite trio of all time. I am hoping it gets another ability. Slow Start is a joke.

@Pikachu315111: That wasn't the first time Rayquaza smashed a meteor. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Blue & Red Rescue Team FTW.
I know, or some reason it didn't complete the sentence I wrote. What I wrote was this:

"Also Rayquaza smashing a meteor? Now where did I hear that before..."
I think I might have accidentally deleted the last part trying to add a link to it.

Also I just noticed this:

WE'RE RIDING RAYQUAZA INTO SPAAAAAAAAAACE TO BATTLE DEOXYS! THE RUMORS WERE TRUE!!!

(Yes, I know someone else pointed it out, but I only quickly glanced at the images and didn't realize they were pointing out you were riding on Rayquaza. Still)

I really hope that the Regis can be found at their respective caves instead of the Mirage Spot thingies. I mean, they're in their own region! Why not be where you were in the first place?

In terms of the amount of legends, I'm glad they included all of those in this game. My Pokébank subscription expired ages ago and I'm not willing to pay for transferring Pokémon from my older games. Also, blue pentagon legends. I'm going to be SR'ing for a good Latios (Even though I'm getting AS, but my hopes are up that the Eon Ticket will reach Puertorrican shores at some point).

Oh, and Deoxys vs Rayquaza: Part two! Those two have really become rivals over time lol

My fellow lost souls! There is still hope for new megas (especially looking at you, Mega Flygon)!

On here: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/ultimate-moves : there is a curious picture down below.

(imgur link if you can't find it: https://imgur.com/a/F2zaw ).

Hmm, that's weird you say. Blaziken learning Ice Punch? That's probably to counter the Mega Sceptile. But how on earth does this have to do with Mega Flygon...aside from him ice punching the Flygon? (which is not my "proof").

Why, Blaziken doesn't learn Ice Punch in the data mined from the demos.

But wait! Weren't the level ups for starters redone during the demos?

Of course! But that would mean:

a) Blaziken would have to learn Ice Punch by Level Up, which is weird.

b) Blaziken would have to learn Ice Punch after Level 50, which is not as weird but still weird.

c) Blaziken doesn't learn Ice Punch by TM.

Combining corollary a and c are the weirdest, because that would mean Blaziken learns Ice Punch by Level Up and not by TM.

THEREFORE, GAMEFREAK MUST HAVE CHANGED OTHER INFORMATION!

WHICH MEANS MEGA FLYGON STILL HAS HOPE!

Of course, those last steps are a long shot, but fuck me I'm desperate at this point.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
My fellow lost souls! There is still hope for new megas (especially looking at you, Mega Flygon)!

On here: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/ultimate-moves : there is a curious picture down below.

Hmm, that's weird you say. Blaziken learning Ice Punch? That's probably to counter the Mega Sceptile. But how on earth does this have to do with Mega Flygon...aside from him ice punching the Flygon? (which is not my "proof").

b) Blaziken would have to learn Ice Punch after Level 50, which is not as weird but still weird.

Combining corollary a and b are the weirdest, because that would mean Blaziken learns Ice Punch by Level Up and not by TM.

Of course, those last steps are a long shot, but fuck me I'm desperate at this point.
For all we know it can get it from the Move Relearner, but I agree that it getting Ice Punch is weird.

I honestly don't give two shits about Flygon getting a Mega as we already have enough Gen III Megas. Gen V needs more love.

WISHFUL THINKING
These are movepool updates for the three starters, which couldn't be found in the demo-dump because the usable pokemon in the demo had limited movelists to prevent power-grinding just to see the full moveset.

I know it sucks but let's please stop making logic polevaults just because not every dream we had came true? Just seven more days to go anyway.

Tory

Banned deucer.

Combining corollary a and b are the weirdest, because that would mean Blaziken learns Ice Punch by Level Up and not by TM.

Yeah, you remember Psyduck/Golduck on RS/FRLG could not learn Psychic by TM, but from egg move? Now that was extremely weird.

Mega Flygon is cool but the main flying Pokemon that I want to mega evolve for now is: Crobat!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)