Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 43 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Xerneas SR-
It's just that Speed makes a huge difference and in most cases is the only non-negotiable stat (at least, to me ...). A point or two in defenses or attacks will rarely make a difference but a point or two in Speed will always make a difference. I would never settle for less than perfect Speed on a Pokemon like Xerneas either, even as a defensive 'mon.

But that's just a matter of opinion and like Shady says it doesn't really matter anymore, does it?

Edit: pika pal: Uninvested defensive Yveltal comes to mind, too lazy to look up others. But as a cart player I wouldn't just think of the Ubers tier either. It is a Xerneas on-cart.

Last edited:
It's just that Speed makes a huge difference and in most cases is the only non-negotiable stat (at least, to me ...). A point or two in defenses or attacks will rarely make a difference but a point or two in Speed will always make a difference. I would never settle for less than perfect Speed on a Pokemon like Xerneas either, even as a defensive 'mon.

But that's just a matter of opinion and like Shady says it doesn't really matter anymore, does it?
That would be true in most cases, but most of the things Xerneas's speed tier helps against run investment such that it wouldn't outspeed them with 31 IVs anyway. Base 99 Speed is good for Ubers, but only particularly helpful if its invested. The missing 2 essentially gives Xerneas the equivalent of Base 98, and there's nothing that those 2 points make a difference against in Ubers

Edit: pika pal: Uninvested defensive Yveltal comes to mind, too lazy to look up others. But as a cart player I wouldn't just think of the Ubers tier either. It is a Xerneas on-cart.
Honestly 2 points off in ubers isn't the end of the world, it wasn't like with it's base 99 speed you were gonna win the pokemon version of the kentucky derby riding it to victory when the majority of the tier consists of 100+ base speed pokemon.

Xerneas with a Calm nature doesn't run speed evs, so speed is basically an "X", also, while resetting I was at a friends place and the stats said 201 HP / 115 Defense / 151 Special Attack / 129 Special Defense; I didn't have access to an IV calculator and thought that it was four IV. Since the defense isn't any different at level 50, could you tell me why I should have tossed this 31/X/30/31/31/29 Calm Xerneas? Can I get more input?

[716] Xerneas
OT: Pokéguy (16501) (Lv. 50)
Nature: Calm - Ability: Fairy Aura
IVs: 31/05/30/31/31/29
Moves: Aromatherapy, Sleep Talk, Rest, MoonBlast
Notes: This was soft reset by myself. After 600 Hours of resetting for a Modest HP Fire Xerneas, I got one from cjlaborde2nd, and so I switched synchronizers and reset for another 30~ hours for this, so I could move onto Kiloude City and my second 3 IV Diancie event.

RestTalk Cleric
Xerneas @ Leftovers
252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 Def
Calm Nature (+SpDef, -Atk)
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Moonblast
-Aromatherapy

On stall teams in need of a Cleric, Xerneas is a great mon for the job. With above-average bulk and key resists, it is able to check Darkrai, Palkia, Giratina-O, and Yvetal, all of whom threaten common stall team archetypes.

Rest and Sleep Talk combine for semi-reliable recovery. Aromatherapy wakes you up if you hit it, so it isn't wasted during sleep turns. Moonblast has great coverage in Ubers and hits all the Dragons and Dark-types reasonably hard even when uninvested.
It's just as Shady says, it's OK, can't be helped since you already kept but I would have tossed seeing as I don't like to keep anything with 31> speed and used stats since defence is used and with the advent of ORAS and things like Mega Mence, Bold will actually be better and there is a Bold 31/x/31/31/31/31 Xerneas floating around, not to mention, premier is not the best match around

Oh well, I saved the Xerneas anyways.

I just bred a 31/31/31/31/31/31 Naïve Froakie and was wondering if someone could clone the egg for me 1 + original? One for breeding and one for SV hatching. You can keep a copy for doing this. Froakie is Male, in a Dive Ball, and has Protean and Toxic Spikes.

EDIT: Still need a cloner! PM me! Don't underestimate Gunk Shot Greninja people!
EDIT2: Still waiting...

EDIT3: I was helped. :D

Last edited:
I'm holding a giveaway, the prize is a team for Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire (Pokémons with HA, Egg moves, holding a rare candy)
PM for details

Seeing as though i have to restart my game can anyone gift me some spitbacks? It's just so i can complete the game as quick as possible, i've got two weeks to get my team back for the UK winter championships so any help would be greatly appreciated.

What are some breedable Pokemon that are looking forward to ORAS tutors that I can breed? Preferably those that need Hidden Powers too, I need something to occupy me for a few days. I already have Gardevoir and Sylveon on my list, anything else cute or pretty?

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What are some breedable Pokemon that are looking forward to ORAS tutors that I can breed? Preferably those that need Hidden Powers too, I need something to occupy me for a few days. I already have Gardevoir and Sylveon on my list, anything else cute or pretty?
Of the new megas: Pidgeot will love Heat Wave and it could use HP Ground (I've done it), Rock or Ice. Mega Sceptile gets Giga Drain and could use HP Fire, Metagross gets a lot of cool tutor stuff and can use HP Fire... Those are the only ones off the top of my head at least

edit coz no one has posted since: is bold a viable nature for Vivillon? Or are +Spd / +SpA the only things worth going for? I've just SR'd an OK Pokeball Viv with bold and not sure if keep or not (more than likely toss because sub-par IVs but thought I'd ask because I'm bored of this and want to move on to Diancie)

Viv - Bold
12 / 27 / 28 / 27 / 9, 11 / 30

Last edited:
Of the new megas: Pidgeot will love Heat Wave and it could use HP Ground (I've done it), Rock or Ice. Mega Sceptile gets Giga Drain and could use HP Fire, Metagross gets a lot of cool tutor stuff and can use HP Fire... Those are the only ones off the top of my head at least

edit coz no one has posted since: is bold a viable nature for Vivillon? Or are +Spd / +SpA the only things worth going for? I've just SR'd an OK Pokeball Viv with bold and not sure if keep or not (more than likely toss because sub-par IVs but thought I'd ask because I'm bored of this and want to move on to Diancie)

Viv - Bold
Toss.

Viv - Bold
bb I love you but you have a terrible idea of what is cute or pretty

Vivillon holds a Focus Sash anyway so you should definitely go for +SpAtk or +Spe with near-perfect in both those. But you know you can rearrange the wondercards so you can SR for Diancie first? You can do it by accessing Mystery Gift and checking your Card Album.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
bb I love you but you have a terrible idea of what is cute or pretty

Vivillon holds a Focus Sash anyway so you should definitely go for +SpAtk or +Spe with near-perfect in both those. But you know you can rearrange the wondercards so you can SR for Diancie first? You can do it by accessing Mystery Gift and checking your Card Album.
Christmas tree tail is pretty cute tho Key Word: cute didnt register :/

brb swapping wondercards

Any suggestions for Trick Room Trevenant? Gonna be used in UU.

Trevenant@Life Orb?
Brave | Natural Cure? or Frisk?
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
31/31/31/x/31/0
Trick Room
Earthquake? or Rock Slide?
Shadow Claw
Wood Hammer? or Horn Leech?

Life Orb seems the best idea, but open to other suggestions.

Natural Cure or Frisk could work. I have Aromatisse in the party to cure status via Aromatherapy (Plus Magic Guard Reuniculus to absorb status) but curing stats on the switch might be more useful than scouting an item.

Earthquake has more power and accuracy + deals with Fire and Steel pokes that resist Grass STAB, Rock Slide has less power and accuracy but deals with Rock, Flying, Bug, and Ice pokes.

Wood Hammer for more damage but with recoil, Horn Leech for less damage and some heals, but again Aromatisse is an option for heals by passing Wish around.

Last edited:

Trevenant@Life Orb?
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
31/31/31/x/31/0
Trick Room
Shadow Claw

Natural Cure or Frisk could work. I have Aromatisse in the party to cure status via Aromatherapy (Plus Magic Guard Reuniculus to absorb status) but curing stats on the switch might be more useful than scouting an item.

Earthquake has more power and accuracy + deals with Fire and Steel pokes that resist Grass STAB, Rock Slide has less power and accuracy but deals with Rock, Flying, Bug, and Ice pokes.

Wood Hammer for more damage but with recoil, Horn Leech for less damage and some heals, but again Aromatisse is an option for heals by passing Wish around.
Neither ability is ideal but I think natural cure would be the better of the two and as for wood hammer v horn leech, i like horn leech more simply because I hate recoil damage from moves on top of damage from life orb.

Trevenant@Life Orb?
248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
31/31/31/x/31/0
Trick Room
Shadow Claw

I'd recommend Natural Cure and Horn Leech. A problem that always comes to mind for TR teams for me is that being outsped means they typically take two hits, and so need survivability dearly.

Not to mention WH on top of LO recoil would mean Trev might need healing much more frequently, which cuts into Aromatisse because it has to come in for more Wish passing. Natural Cure helps reduce the number of turns for Aromatherapy he'll need, and actually gives you another potential status absorber.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)