ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time to go mixed mega in VGC with that 130 special attack.

Maybe Rock Slide also?

I wonder what other moves he gets....
He already has rock slide via TM. Just look it all up on Serebii, the only thing missing is that it now gets all the elemental punches (just read transfer only moves as move tutor and you're set).

Also does she have an affinity for Dragon-types or am I just seeing things just because she has a Mega Salamence and she has an epic picture depicting her in Rayquaza's glow?
In both of her battles found in the datamine, she uses Dragon-types. She's a Dragon user, alright.

Episode Delta:
So according to Episode Delta, either Team Magma/Aqua are collecting Key Stones, specifically Courtney and Matt. Now if you recall, these two were the ones with the Mega Camerupt/Sharpedo at higher levels, so maybe this is when they use it?
Yep! This also explains the Sootopolitan Wallace battle. Honestly, I'm really excited that Courtney and Matt are getting sidequests to themselves! I really wanted more characterization for them back in RSE. This is super exciting, imo.

They are really pushing the regis tho; with the whole theory about them being mirage spots, does this mean you'll find regigigas in another mirage spot that you'll only find out about after you get all three regis? Or do you know about the spot and need all three to enter?
Okay, to be fair, they mentioned the Regis in the "mirage spot" listing in the video, but at the end. The website officially lists them as separate from the mirage spot legendaries, on their own page. I think they're found just where they were in RSE. They show the Ancient Tomb, Desert Ruins, and Island Cave on the website, as well as the Braille puzzles indoors. Also, the website just says that if you decipher the messages, you can meet the Regis. This doesn't imply that they're in mirage spots that are found when their messages are deciphered (as someone guessed earlier in the thread), it pretty much just implies that when you decipher the messages, you can access them. Just like in RSE.

My fellow lost souls! There is still hope for new megas (especially looking at you, Mega Flygon)!

On here: http://www.pokemonrubysapphire.com/en-us/pokemon/starter-pokemon/ultimate-moves : there is a curious picture down below.

(imgur link if you can't find it: https://imgur.com/a/F2zaw ).

Hmm, that's weird you say. Blaziken learning Ice Punch? That's probably to counter the Mega Sceptile. But how on earth does this have to do with Mega Flygon...aside from him ice punching the Flygon? (which is not my "proof").

Why, Blaziken doesn't learn Ice Punch in the data mined from the demos.

But wait! Weren't the level ups for starters redone during the demos?

Of course! But that would mean:

a) Blaziken would have to learn Ice Punch by Level Up, which is weird.

b) Blaziken would have to learn Ice Punch after Level 50, which is not as weird but still weird.

c) Blaziken doesn't learn Ice Punch by TM.

Combining corollary a and c are the weirdest, because that would mean Blaziken learns Ice Punch by Level Up and not by TM.

THEREFORE, GAMEFREAK MUST HAVE CHANGED OTHER INFORMATION!

WHICH MEANS MEGA FLYGON STILL HAS HOPE!

Of course, those last steps are a long shot, but fuck me I'm desperate at this point.
So that means that only pokemon given by the professor or starters can learn this "ultimate moves" but that would be limited to just three pokemon lines unless there is more to it.

Edit: I've been reading on the official site and Mirage islands not only they contain legends but some rare items it seems.

So that means that only pokemon given by the professor or starters can learn this "ultimate moves" but that would be limited to just three pokemon lines unless there is more to it.

Edit: I've been reading on the official site and Mirage islands not only they contain legends but some rare items it seems.
Probably just items related to the legends; i.e. sacred ash, dna splicers, genie mirror thing

I think there's a good chance that a non-Battle Maison facility is in ORAS. If you look at the ribbons in the demo data dump, we see the ones from XY, but we also see a bunch of new ones at the end. Some of them are clearly new contest ribbons, but some of them could be the new Battle Facility ribbons. Doesn't mean Frontier is coming back though.
ribbon_38.png
ribbon_39.png

This game has fanservice out the wazoo. The rational part of me wants to scream MONEYMAKING but really I haven't been as excited about a Pokemon game since HGSS.

"Episode Delta" seems cool, I'm glad they added some kind of post-game plot element. Makes me wonder if this will be the first of many [paid DLC] episodes. Oh and WE'RE FLYING IN FUCKING SPACE IN A SPACESUIT ON RAYQUAZA'S BACK. Whooooaaaahhhhhh.

By the way (I feel like clearing this up even though this happened a few dozen pages ago), to the person who was confused as to why the female diver class doesn't have any kind of breathing apparatus: It's because she's freediving. I think it's a pretty cool nuance for GameFreak to add different types of divers.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
It seems ORAS will have an event distribution in Japan you won't believe it! Extreme speed Linoone returns!!
As well one where you can pick between a Shiny Charizard holding Charizardite Y or a Shiny Pikachu (very odd choices).

Also at the Linoone one they're giving away 3 Secret Base QR Codes for special guests. There are 6 special guests, however out of all the ones who I could find something on the only one who had done any work for Pokemon is Aoi Yuki who was the Japanese VA for Iris.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Blaziken is confirmed to get ice punch. Dear god.

This also questions the validity of the tutored moves in the data dump. It definitely wasn't finalized when the demo came out.

And shiny Mega Charizard Y, shiny Pikachu, and extremespeed Linoone is getting released in Japan. Game Freak is doing some weird things...

Last edited:

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Maybe Blaziken will get Ice Punch as an Egg move? Buneary can learn it as well as Sneasel, Delibird, and Scraggy (though they need to Chain Breed to get it).

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Because it's totally outside of the realm of possibility that Ice Punch is listed as a Start-move on Blaziken to get Heart-Scaled on later.
Generally speaking, besides event/purified pokemon, if a pokemon can learn a tutor move without tutors, it can get it through tutors as well.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
ExtremeSpeed Linoone.

After more than a decade later.

Allow me to voice my well thought-out and enlightened opinion here by writing PUTA QUE PARIU in this thread.

See R_N, wishes do come true if you believe them long enough!!!

Generally speaking, besides event/purified pokemon, if a pokemon can learn a tutor move without tutors, it can get it through tutors as well.
Yeah, but there have been cases where the Tutor move wasn't learned, such as Vacuum Wave Scyther.

That said, the tutor list still seems incomplete as Blastoise can't learn Dark Pulse from it. Also the fact Dark Pulse is there at all. If anything this does make it seem more likely to me that the tutor list as seen in the demo isn't the complete version, but GF does pull some weird shit so I definitely can't say this confirms it.

Also, KB E-SPEED LINOONE, MY DREAMS

The fact that no Gen VI move at all is included in the tutor list is also pretty odd. Pt and HGSS had a lot of new moves in their tutor list(Sucker Punch, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Draco Meteor, just to name the more commonly used). Same for BW2(i.e. Foul Play, Dual Chop, Electroweb, Drill Run). Either the tutor list isn't complete or i don't know what to think.

The fact that no Gen VI move at all is included in the tutor list is also pretty odd. Pt and HGSS had a lot of new moves in their tutor list(Sucker Punch, Zen Headbutt, Earth Power, Gunk Shot, Iron Head, Draco Meteor, just to name the more commonly used). Same for BW2(i.e. Foul Play, Dual Chop, Electroweb, Drill Run). Either the tutor list isn't complete or i don't know what to think.
The tutor list is in fact the exact same as BW2's, with Shock Wave, Water Pulse and Focus Punch tacked on at the end. At the very least this means we won't have to transfer from Gen 5 ever again, but Counter Skarmory, Defog Latis etc. are still gonna be a pain...
Regardless, this does seem to serve as a likelihood that the tutor list isn't complete, yes.

I'm so happy Extremespeed Linoone has finally returned. Maybe they'll start repeating really old events and we'll get a wish Chansey
/Wishfulthinking

Ice Punch Blaziken kind of makes sense if you look at it from the angle of "it needs a super effective option against Mega-Sceptile".

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I'm so happy Extremespeed Linoone has finally returned. Maybe they'll start repeating really old events and we'll get a wish Chansey
/Wishfulthinking

Ice Punch Blaziken kind of makes sense if you look at it from the angle of "it needs a super effective option against Mega-Sceptile".
I see what you did there.

Also, Blaziken has Brave Bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)