Tournament ORAS NU Tournament [WON BY TEDDEH]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I would understand in more competitive circumstance but it's just a fun tourney. Let him off this once then use it as an example for the other users, if they forget replays after these, they will have to replay their matches. Otherwise it'll cause disruption
The whole point of this tournament is to get an idea of how ORAS is going to be. To be able to do that there needs to be replays cause it's impossible for users to make every match. So seeing how the point of this tournament is to get a glimpse at the future ORAS, then yes replays are required. And it's exactly what Aladyyn said, why change the rules for one person. Zeb is a psychic predicting the bitching

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If I were Rob. I wouldn't want to replay either, it's insanely bullshit to make someone replay a match that they have already won. What if he loses? I'm sure his opponent won't forget to save the replays then, as it wasn't only Rob.'s responsibility to do so (why is realistic waters being rewarded for not saving the replays?). It sucks he forgot the replays, but it's not like there aren't going to be 40 other replays to watch from this round alone.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
hello and this is me not knowing things about these forums. Apparently it doesn't tag people when you edit a post and I was a very confused man when nobody was contacting their opponents in the second set of Round 1. When we filled up on subs, we decided to allow more players to enter Round 1 to play. I'll extend the deadline for these players to the deadline of Round 2 (provided you're still interested in playing). If you aren't interested in playing or only wanted to be a sub, contact me and we'll work something out.
If anything, I suppose this makes things work better in terms of numbers?
32>16 (end of r1)>8 (end of r2) + 8 (end of other other R1)>8>4>2
sorry I'm bad n inexperienced!

Last edited:

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Considering I've been getting a lot of complaints about certain mons, I figured this would be a good time to address some of the threats in ORAS NU and what we should do about allowing/removing them.
As such, I'd like to start some discussion on the topics of Mega Beedrill, Mega Sceptile, and Slurpuff. Where do you guys think we should go with these mons from here?

EDIT: I would also like to note that any discussion on these three will only help on the topic of where to place these mons. I reserve the right to change where they are placed.

quick ban em, no more discussion. it'll make the games more fun since team building isn't so centralising to have a counter to sceptile or beedrill. Slurpuff is easier, but it's still ridiculously centralising to have to have a poison type on your team and to be able to keep it at basically 100% to kill it.

Me and kushalos are playing on Sunday.
And please bans next round because I CBA to build any more teams as I have very little time :)

Kiyo

the cowboy kid
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
from what i've seen/tested with M-Beedrill isn't actually all that great in the tier. It's very easy to revenge with any prior damage and decent priority. I haven't actually played against any other M-Sceptiles but tbh you're basically just prepping for a Specs Sceptile. Slurpuff is ridiculously easy to support and its counters are easily removed. While I don't necessarily like restricting my teambuilding to having a Weezing or Steelix on them to deal with M-Beedrill or Slurpuff people who want to play more balanced basically have to.

I don't think any of these 3 deserve to be quick banned, I just think people need to be more creative with their team building or switch to a different playstyle and quit bitching that they got 6-0'd by something they didn't prepare for. Of all the replays I've seen so far, I'd say the majority of them have been lost at team preview. Maybe it's just due to the fact its a minitour and people didn't really give it their all in the teambuilder, but I don't think its fair to go half assed when you build and then ask that the more prominent threats be banned.

tl;dr people didn't build teams well, got swept and complained. none of those 3 are inherently too good for the "ORAS NU Metagame" and hopefully people will prep a little more next round. I say we keep 'em in for another round and if the problem persists then we can do something. I always feel like the biggest mistake tiering leaders make is not giving things enough time to develop.

Just my quick opinions ;
Mega Sceptile: broken as anything, ban asap wayyy too fast and powerful, too much for NU at this time.
Mega Beedrill, this is interesting, I do feel that mega beedrill is kinda bad in this tier when so much stuff checks it, it can uturn out yes, but it'll be doing 0 damage to say: a steelix and rocks can't stay off the field forever. We can keep this for r2 if people really want to give it a chance
Slurpuff: shouldn't really be banned, its an nu poke and surely it can't be too duffivult to keep calm. You have offensive checks in pyroar and defensive ones in bulky poison types. More threatening yes, but not quick-bannable imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)