Smogon's Official Ladder Tournament Playoffs - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dread Arceus

total cockhead
Mob Barley vs chimpact - Mob isn't as bad as people are making him out to be, but chimpact is still better. Interesting match tho.
Pridy vs M Dragon
radianthero156
vs Mack Bus
Lord Moet II vs Valentine
Googly
vs dEnIsSsS - the idmlluminati are gonna fix this match imo
TGMD vs Havor
Ciele vs aim - I feel like the laddering process has taken it's toll on aim's psyche, we'll see tho
I Shuckle vs Tom Bus - I've only seen either battle through replays, Tom Bus seems a bit better tho
VallejoMC. vs Miles Tails - again, only seen them through replays, but Miles Tails seems to have better teams
Ary vs Lyconik - couldn't glean much about Ary but Lyconik seems better
Henry vs reyscarface - goin with the tourney player here.
Lasszao vs call me a god - seen him play before, he's actually pretty good
Bloo vs WhiteQueen
malefic vs KratosMana - Anti *-*
shartruce2 vs WECAMEASROMANS - shartruce has been solid as far as I can remember, tho WCAR is getting better
DoomXFTW vs uCan'tSeeMe - couldn't find many replays for uCan'tSeeMe but the name sounds familiar and DoomXFTW seems kinda meh
Thatsjustpeachy vs sebixxl
Leftiez
vs PDC - you got this n_n
Alkov vs Great_Expectations - are you subway boss?...
Tesung vs SoulWind - just don't teSUCK huehuehue I'm so clever
brodean vs teso24 - no idea who either of these are, don't even have any recent replays :/
JohnYiu vs DennisEG - seen him play a couple times, not too bad
FlamingVictini vs Toxzn - imo tox will never die
FLCL vs Reymedy - FLCL played around a thousand games for Frontier alone so if nothing else he'll probably win by experience
Tele vs Choice Specs - can't really bet against tele here lol
Conflict vs -Frexa-
RotomSock vs Nelson - tbqh it seems like one is going out r1, one is going out r2 ._.
-Tsunami- vs Sinclair - just a hunch
Starmaster vs ben gay - ben's pretty freakin good, tho starmaster is solid as well
BIHI vs cosine180 - BIHI seems p solid
TheEnder vs BKC - depends on how a few things play out
Zamrock vs gr8astard - I hate betting against a friend, but hugo's just good. Zam can still pull thru tho if he can keep his cool and plays well n_n

voting either Leftiez or Bloo to win it all

Last edited:
Great_Expectations over Alkov, 2-1. Unfortunately we had a pretty haxy series involving several key misses and crits, but it was definitely a lot of fun. Great games Alkov.

Last edited:
also Bloo, what about making a 3 deadline weeks the round where you will do the switch to oras ?

I mean actually it would be fine for me if we could get like 2 weeks to learn more about that new tier (because maybe metagame will change after mence's ban) and then build/play during the last week. (im obviously talking about ppl who didnt try ORAS yet and think that the change is unfair because this will make some disadvantages between players who are still involved but if both players are ready they can still fight before) And i don't think you will blame someone who didn't play the tier just because it's not released yet.

Like that we all have time to get ready/be equal , and it's also making the tournament better (i guess) . I don't think it would be a problem to learn a tier with 2 weeks, if u made it into playoffs you're totally able to do it. Yeah i assume that it will be long to wait but it's still better than build quickly (1 week) then lose just because your opponent know the tier more than u or your team was weak to something that you didn't expect to see after mence got banned.

This is just my suggestion to solve the problem, but if it is not good I won't contradict you ofc. ;)

Last edited:
also Bloo, what about making a 3 deadline weeks the round where you will do the switch to oras ?

I mean actually it would be fine for me if we could get like 2 weeks to learn more about that new tier (because maybe metagame will change after mence's ban) and then build/play during the last week. (im obviously talking about ppl who didnt try ORAS yet and think that the change is unfair because this will make some disadvantages between players who are still involved but if both players are ready they can still fight before) And i don't think you will blame someone who didn't play the tier just because it's not released yet.

Like that we all have time to get ready/be equal , and it's also making the tournament better (i guess) . I don't think it would be a problem to learn a tier with 2 weeks, if u made it into playoffs you're totally able to do it. Yeah i assume that it will be long to wait but it's still better than build quickly (1 week) then lose just because your opponent know the tier more than u or your team was weak to something that you didn't expect to see after mence got banned.

This is just my suggestion to solve the problem, but if it is not good I won't contradict you ofc. ;)
I strongly support this. Love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)