350 Cup

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Pretty sure unfixable used this at one point. It's pretty difficult for it to actually get off a Belly Drum and survive, particularly against offensive teams, but maybe it would do well against different archetypes.
So I should use it on every team to fuck stall teams? Because seriously I always hated trying to stallbreak in 350 with a team. Instead I just like to use dedicated stallbreakers (or quickpass) to fuck it.

If you want to break stall entirely, just use quickpass with scolipede. Unaware doesn't exist in this meta, so if you boost enough you can beat any team.

Has anybody tried SS clamperl yet? tbh it doesn't need deepseatooth to rape stuff, +2 hydro off of base 148 is nothing to scoff at, having the same power as a +2 hydro from PALKIA. Its coverage sucks, but people can figure it out. It also has 70/170/110 bulk to work with, and its speed stat is good enough after SS, reaching 454 speed with a neutral nature.

So I should use it on every team to fuck stall teams? Because seriously I always hated trying to stallbreak in 350 with a team. Instead I just like to use dedicated stallbreakers (or quickpass) to fuck it.

If you want to break stall entirely, just use quickpass with scolipede. Unaware doesn't exist in this meta, so if you boost enough you can beat any team.

Has anybody tried SS clamperl yet? tbh it doesn't need deepseatooth to rape stuff, +2 hydro off of base 148 is nothing to scoff at, having the same power as a +2 hydro from PALKIA. Its coverage sucks, but people can figure it out. It also has 70/170/110 bulk to work with, and its speed stat is good enough after SS, reaching 454 speed with a neutral nature.
Yeah, I was using Clamperl on my shell smash spam team. It's quite good, possibly the best in the tier (although it has serious competition from Shellder as a bulky water type shell smasher.)

Yes, I can confirm Poliwag's effectiveness. It's really not //that// strong, even at +6, and fails to break through the plethora of common Grass-types. Its coverage and movepool suck in general, it has like no room to set up, and it's really just not that effective. Shame, really. Poliwag is mainly outclassed in defensive roles by Chinchou, and offensive roles by Froakie. Definitely not worth the teamslot, it's just kinda... fast.

I kinda like this smeargle set.

Smeargle @ Power Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Baton Pass
- Recycle
- Coil

Okay, I have to say, I was really excited about this meta when I first saw it. But the more I looked at it, the less fun it seems. The meta just seems way too overcentralized around about a dozen pokemon and everything else either is useless in comparison or gets something banned/restricted to keep it from being usable. And some of the stuff that's allowed is just ridiculous.
Take, for example, the two physical attackers with the most potential in this format, Cranidos and Cubone. Cranidos is completely ridiculous, reaching a max atk of 658, and a decent speed stat. It also gets sheer force and a free item slot, leading to either a ridiculously fast thing with scarf, or a world of possibilities with life orb, like 126.75bp rock slide/elemental punches/brick break, 135.2bp iron head/zen headbutt, 130bp earthquake/stone edge, 169bp iron tail, or even 195bp Head smash. Plus he can run mixed thanks to sheer force.
And then look at poor old cubone, whose thick club was banned. His max atk is 656, and while he is quite bulky, he's slow as all hell and doesn't get any means of boosting his moves' bp because his best ability is rock head (which is worlds worse than sheer force) and his tiem slot is taken up. His best attacks are 100bp earthquake/bonemerang, 75bp brick break/felemental punches, 120bp double edge, and not much else, and his thick club gets restricted. But OH WAIT Cranidos has subpar defense is weak to bullet punch and mach punch, he's legal, while cubone is still worthless.
You guys should seriously either ban cranny or allow thick club cubone. When you look at all the facts, cranny is much better than thick club cubone, but cran's the one that's allowed. There are a lot of other things I could rant about, but this really is the one thing that keeps me from enjoying 350cup; I have to run too many things on my team that I really don't like just to deal with cranidos and abra, and anything I try to use offensively that isn't those two (or gastly and honedge, potentially) just gets too outclassed to be usable. I really think cran should be put in check for balancing's sake, or cubone should be allowed, just so people can have a second option when trying to make a physical attacker should they not like cranny, the only really viable fast physical attacker in the format. I respect your decision regardless of what you do, as this is really your meta and not mine, but I really think this issue should be dealt with.

here is how i used to play in 350cup:

Start With a smeargle with a set like this one:

Smeargle @ Power Herb
Ability: Own Tempo
Shiny: Yes (shininess doesn't matter tho)
Bold Nature
- Geomancy
- Baton Pass
- Recycle
- Coil

[Use Geomancy or Coil (dependent on opponent)]
[Then Switch to a Blaziken like this one:]
Blaziken @ Fist Plate
Ability: Speed Boost
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
IVs: 0 SpA
- Flare Blitz
- Baton Pass
- Protect
- High Jump Kick

[Protect, FlareBlitz/Hi Jump kick, then baton pass (if ur not seeded) to xerneas:]

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Focus Blast

Has anyone given thought to a belly drum set on poliwag yet? Seems like with it's wicked high speed and halfway decent attack, it could do some serious sweeping. It's bulk leaves a bit to be desired, but it's still high enough to take a hit from something weak while setting up and then viola dangerous sweeper.
Main thing is, it's outclassed by Swirlix. Swirlix has Unburden.

My set:
Code:
Swirlix (F) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Return
- Thief
- Belly Drum
Just have to be careful not to use Thief when you still want to keep your Unburden boost. It's good for killing Shedinjas and stealing a wall's item before your Swirlix dies though.

Okay, I have to say, I was really excited about this meta when I first saw it. But the more I looked at it, the less fun it seems. The meta just seems way too overcentralized around about a dozen pokemon and everything else either is useless in comparison or gets something banned/restricted to keep it from being usable. And some of the stuff that's allowed is just ridiculous.
Take, for example, the two physical attackers with the most potential in this format, Cranidos and Cubone. Cranidos is completely ridiculous, reaching a max atk of 658, and a decent speed stat. It also gets sheer force and a free item slot, leading to either a ridiculously fast thing with scarf, or a world of possibilities with life orb, like 126.75bp rock slide/elemental punches/brick break, 135.2bp iron head/zen headbutt, 130bp earthquake/stone edge, 169bp iron tail, or even 195bp Head smash. Plus he can run mixed thanks to sheer force.
And then look at poor old cubone, whose thick club was banned. His max atk is 656, and while he is quite bulky, he's slow as all hell and doesn't get any means of boosting his moves' bp because his best ability is rock head (which is worlds worse than sheer force) and his tiem slot is taken up. His best attacks are 100bp earthquake/bonemerang, 75bp brick break/felemental punches, 120bp double edge, and not much else, and his thick club gets restricted. But OH WAIT Cranidos has subpar defense is weak to bullet punch and mach punch, he's legal, while cubone is still worthless.
You guys should seriously either ban cranny or allow thick club cubone. When you look at all the facts, cranny is much better than thick club cubone, but cran's the one that's allowed. There are a lot of other things I could rant about, but this really is the one thing that keeps me from enjoying 350cup; I have to run too many things on my team that I really don't like just to deal with cranidos and abra, and anything I try to use offensively that isn't those two (or gastly and honedge, potentially) just gets too outclassed to be usable. I really think cran should be put in check for balancing's sake, or cubone should be allowed, just so people can have a second option when trying to make a physical attacker should they not like cranny, the only really viable fast physical attacker in the format. I respect your decision regardless of what you do, as this is really your meta and not mine, but I really think this issue should be dealt with.
I neither use 1 of the 4 mons you mentioned and I'm 7th on the ladder, so... Ever thought of Staravia, Rufflet, Magnemite or other potential ubers(yes, there are)? But yeah, you're right about the Cubone/Crani thing althought cubone's typing is much better. imo Cubone doesn't really need to be unbanned but that's my opinion.

Hey, so the viability rankings were really making me sad ;_;
S Rank
This rank is reserved for Pokemon that are amazing in the 350 Cup metagame. These Pokemon are usually able to perform a variety of roles effectively, or can just do one extremely well. Their use has low risk involved and high reward exerted. Pokemon in this tier have very few flaws that are patched up by numerous positive traits.

S Rank

Cranidos
Shroomish

A Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are outstanding in the 350 Cup metagame and can sweep, wall, or support the majority of the tier. These Pokemon require less support than other Pokemon to be used effectively and have few flaws that can be overlooked when compared to their outstanding traits.

A+ Rank

Gastly
Staravia
Slowpoke
Smeargle

A Rank

Abra
Foongus
Hippopotas
Slowpoke
Timburr

A- Rank

Arceus-Normal
Arceus-Water
Drilbur
Ferroseed
Groudon
Kyogre
Elgyem
Caravanha
Timburr

B Rank
Reserved for Pokemon who are great in the 350 Cup metagame. These Pokemon have more notable flaws than of those above it that affects how they function in the tier. Their positive traits still outshine their negatives, but they require a bit more team support to bring out their full potential.

B+ Rank

Azurill
Corphish
Houndour
Oddish
Stunky
Vibrava

B Rank

Clamperl
Froakie
Gengar Mega
Krabby
Meditite
Rufflet
Scraggy
Tentacool
Yveltal
Zorua

B- Rank

Bronzor
Growlithe
Koffing
Magnemite
Trapinch

C Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that have notable niches in the 350 Cup metagame, but have just as notable flaws that prevent them from being effective. Pokemon in the C tier often require significant support to be effective in 350 Cup. C rank Pokemon tend to face a lot of competition with the more commonly used Pokemon.

C+ Rank

Bunnelby
Cubone
Honedge
Phanpy
Rhyhorn
Sandshrew
Solosis

C Rank

Axew
Deino
Doduo

C- Rank

Diglett
Ditto
Mankey

D Rank
Reserved for Pokemon that are mediocre in the 350 Cup metagame, but are decent enough to justify their use on some teams. These Pokemon are either usable but have no real niche, or are only capable of doing their specific task and fail at doing anything more than that.

D Rank

Smoochum

Anyways, on to actual changes I'd like to see made:
Rises:
A Rank ---> A+ Rank: Abra is a very defining force in the 350 Cup metagame because of its insane power and Speed. It can 2HKO practically everything in the metagame with ease and its ability is fantastic. It's bulk isn't very good, however, but it really doesn't need bulk. Life Orb and Focus Sash are two great items and with both it can be a huge threat. I think it definitely deserves the bump up a rank, to be with Pokemon such as Gastly, a Pokemon I would compare Abra too.
A- Rank ---> A Rank:
Drilbur is such a fantastic Pokemon, I'm honestly so surprised to see it in A Rank! It's a wonderful sand sweeper, it's insanely strong, it can support its team with ease, etc. Drilbur can launch off powerful Earthquakes that nothing really enjoys stomaching and it's quite hard to wall. I've been messing around with Stealth Rock / Swords Dance / Earthquake / Rock Slide and it's really hard to wall because it threatens Defog users and can punish them for trying to remove hazards. Deserves to be raised.
B Rank ---> A Rank:
Froakie is insanely good, what's it doing in B Rank? Protean is a fantastic ability for a plethora of reasons and Froakie has the movepool to abuse it. A simple set of Hydro Pump / Ice Beam / Hidden Power [Grass] / Taunt allows Froakie to be a threat for both offensive and defensive teams alike. Its super high Speed and high power, along with its ability to break through most Pokemon, allow it to be an A Rank threat in my eyes. I really see no reason it shouldn't be moved up n_n!
C+ Rank ---> B Rank:
Honedge is a really good Pokemon because of its typing and bulk, which allow it to wall a large portion of the metagame. However, it's really not that strong and its lack of recovery really hold it back. It's definitely better than the Pokemon in C+ Rank, though, and B sounds much more fitting for it. I'd not recommend running Swords Dance sets, but a bulkier set with Toxic / Rest / Sleep Talk / Gyro Ball because it's quite slow as well and can thus hit fast Pokemon for large damage.
C- Rank ---> C Rank:
Mankey is not as bad as I thought it was, The Reptile can vouch for this. Mankey can pull of a unique Choice Scarf sets and fire off powerful Close Combats and pivot with U-turn. It's still not //amazing//, but it certainly isn't C- Rank material. It's mostly outclassed by other Choice Scarf users though, along with Timburr which is usually the better Fighting-type. Still, a speedy Fighting-type that is able to revenge kill and pivot is somewhat unique and Mankey fits the bill!

Drops:

A+ Rank ---> Unlisted: Banned, thus should be removed.
A- Rank ---> B- Rank:
What does Groudon even do? I tried it out and it really didn't do much for my team, maybe I'm missing something though? It's just not worthy of A- Rank from what I've seen, but it's definitely not unlisted worthy. I guess it's sun support and bulk could be helpful, but with all the Grass- and Water-types everywhere I really don't think Groudon stands out when teambuilding.
B+ Rank ---> Unlisted:
I believe you meant Marill? Marill should take its spot, Azurill has no business being used when Marill exists because of its horrible movepool, lack of any reason to use it, etc.
B+ Rank ---> B- Rank:
Krabby is really mediocre. It's a Pokemon that looks good on paper but is just not good when in use. It's too slow in the fast-paced metagame, has no room to set up, and it's just really not good. Its Special Defense is pretty terrible; scratch that, it's extremely terrible, and I really don't think it deserves to be so high up. It can launch off powerful physical Water-type attacks but I don't think it has what it takes to be B+.
B- Rank ---> C Rank: Zorua is another mediocre Pokemon. It has a really small movepool, Illusion mindgames aren't exactly reliable, it's not really worth the teamslot, etc. It's not completely horrible, but it's definitely nowhere near the B Rank. There are so many better special attackers that range anywhere from Mega Gengar, to Froakie, to Xerneas, I really don't see why you'd be using Zorua.

Unlisted:
Unlisted ---> A Rank:
This is very surprising, but Xerneas isn't ranked! It's a fantastic Pokemon in the current metagame for its ability to set up with ease and launch off its powerful Moonblasts. Xerneas has the coverage to get around nearly all of its counters and is a very dominant force in the current metagame. It's also quite bulky, allowing it to live and tank priority attacks and a lot of attacks to setup with ease. Very good win condition late-game and is a fantastic Pokemon all-around.
Unlisted ---> A- Rank: Clefairy is a force to be reckoned with, its Calm Mind set can setup and steamroll the opposing team. With access to instant recovery in Soft-Boiled and a fantastic ability in Magic Guard, it's no wonder why Clefairy is so good! MonoFairy typing is a godsend thanks to its useful resistances and its high bulk. Clefairy definitely deserves A- Rank, if not A Rank!
Unlisted ---> A- Rank:
Mega Kangaskhan is a really good Pokemon currently because of Parental Bond Fake Out allowing it to check a plethora of Pokemon including Abra, Carvanha, and Drilbur all-in-one. Sucker Punch allows it to hit the faster paced portion of the metagame, namely Gastly, as well. Mega Kangaskhan still hits very hard and because not many megas are used, there's not really an opportunity cost when running it!
Unlisted ---> B Rank:
Pumpkaboo has really impressed me thus far! I've been messing around with it all day and it's so much fun to use and is really good at walling Fighting-types. Its unique Grass / Ghost typing allows it to stand out against Shroomish because it has many unique resistances and is a great check-all to many physical threats. Will-O-Wisp also separates it from the other bulky Grass-types which lack the move and allow Pumpkaboo to cripple many physical attackers. Very impressed thus far.
Unlisted ---> B Rank:
How is Giratina not ranked o_O? Giratina is a lord, it walls a LOT of the metagame. But, it's really passive and just kinda sits there, plus it can be overwhelmed by stronger attackers so that's not good. Overall, though, it needs a rank and I feel like B Rank is the perfect place for it. The reason it shouldn't go higher is because of simply how passive it is, along with a lack of solid and reliable recovery, which really holds it back.
Unlisted ---> B- Rank:
Here's a nomination you may never have thought you would've seen! I've been testing and using Registeel a lot lately and it's fantastic in the current metagame for its ability to wall Gastly, Abra, Cranidos, Staravia, and Xerneas, all in one Pokemon! It's a fantastic check to all of these and can ruin their day with Thunder Wave. However, it's quite passive and lacks recovery; but it's still a good Pokemon and I feel it deserves to be ranked.
Unlisted ---> B- Rank:
Mantyke has the highest Special Defense in all of 350 Cup; it doesn't even have to invest in it to be a fantastic Special wall. I tested out the Choice Specs set and I must say, it's very good and it's very strong, not to mention it's also quite bulky! The problem with defensive sets is its lack of recovery, so I feel that Choice Specs sets are the best way to go to give Mantyke wallbreaking potential. Deserving of a rank, nonetheless.
Unlisted ---> B- Rank:
Piplup is a really cool Pokemon! With a simple set of Defog / Stealth Rock / Scald / Ice Beam, it can control entry hazards and threaten Defog users. Piplup can also beat Drilbur, making it a unique setter with this ability. Scald is a really good move in this metagame because of all the physical attackers running around, it also hits reasonably hard coming off of Piplup's Special Attack stat. With solid bulk as well, Piplup deserves a rank.
Unlisted ---> B- Rank:
Frillish is insanely bulky and has a really good typing. Frillish has three immunities as well, along with six resistances. Frillish can pull off a really good bulky set because of its access to all of Taunt, Will-O-Wisp, Recover, and Scald. I've yet to test a Choice Scarf set, but I have high hopes for it! It's worth it to note that Frillish is held back because of all the bulky Grass-types in tier.
Unlisted ---> C+ Rank:
Wynaut is a very simple Pokemon with a very simple purpose: trap and eliminate its teammates' checks and counters. This is what it does best and is all it can pull off. Wynaut's really not //amazing// but it provides crucial team support. Its lack of recovery hurts it and it struggles with all the problems Wobbuffet does in regular tiers, but it's a valuable Pokemon still.
Unlisted ---> C Rank:
Dialga is an interesting Pokemon because of its wonderful typing and access to Stealth Rock. It serves the purpose of being a good Stealth Rock setter that can launch off powerful Draco Meteors. However, it lacks recovery, is slow, its bulk isn't the greatest, and it's mainly outclassed for the most part. It has uses but for the most part it's outclassed; Dialga's Draco Meteor is the only thing saving it really.
Unlisted ---> D Rank:
Snivy is a really cool Pokemon ;_;. I think it's just really outclassed for the most part and it's really not that good, but its Coil set is very fun to use and can pull it off. Taunt is a wonderful asset that works well alongside its high Speed. Snivy's Leaf Blade is quite strong when boosted and it has naturally high bulk. So, I think it deserves a D Ranking.

These are a lot of changes, yes, but I feel like a lot of Pokemon were left off the list n_n. What do you guys think?

canno

formerly The Reptile
It's funny because the reason I added Mankey to my team in the first place was because Defiant. However, it turns out that's it's overall a pretty decent Pokemon. I'd personally put it in C+, but that's personal bias. It has a solid 160 attack and a quick 140 speed, making it really neat with a Choice Scarf. It also doesn't mind Intimidate which is neat.

Also I agree with the rises and Xerneas being A-Rank. I don't have an opinion for the others because I haven't used them personally :p

Clefairy also makes for a decent SR setter and wish passer in one. All in all it's a very good support mon that can also be a threat. Unpredictability ofc is a major plus.

Also, IMO, Marill isn't even good. Doubled stats make it slightly more bulky and slightly less power than Azumarill, and that doesn't mean much in an uber-centered metagame. B- or C.

This has likely been covered, but are Oras moves legal? I.e., drain punch chespin, knock off pancham, etc. That could influence my decisions in team building quite a bit.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Atm I'm running a team with Ho-Oh on it to see how well it does, as Sash Abra can only 3hko it, and Life Orb sets simply get OHKO'd by uninvested Sacred Fire. Plus, Cranidos really doesn't appreciate switching in on a potential burn.

xJownage

I would be hesitant on an abra ban. Cranidos just isin't that broken, and unfortunately people just arent using common sense at times when they complain about it.

There are plenty of counters to them, so USE THEM. Since this is an ubers metagame, we only should ban things if they are so good they are flat uncompetitive and centralize the metagame so much that every other mon is unviable. Cranidos and Abra are not even close.

Abra: Stunky, Scarfers, ANYTHING WITH RELEVANT BULK, AV palkia (pretty good in this meta), there is plenty of shit

Cranidos: Hippopotas, Groudon, Bulky grounds in general will wear it down.

These are counters, with checks aplenty.

Edit: After just coming back into the metagame after a 3 month absence (#1 on pandora didn't want to risk blah blah blah), I threw together a team and want to see what you guys think.

Clamperl @ Life Orb
Ability: Rattled
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shell Smash
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Hippopotas @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Toxic

Drilbur @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin

Foongus @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 SpA
Sassy Nature
- Clear Smog
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Spore

Slowpoke @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
Sassy Nature
- Scald
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Gastly @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt / Dark pulse / Dazzling gleam
- Will-O-Wisp

So the main goal of this team is to wear down opponents to where either SS clamperl or SD SF Drilbur can sweep. SS clamperl is a hidden gem in shell smashers, even without deepseatooth. Its surfs can really hurt off of base 148, it has good bulk (albeit meh after SS) to help it set up against a wide variety of mons. HP electric covers the waters that could beat it, and most of said waters have low bulk anyways allowing HP electric to often kill. SD SF drilbur really fucks stall teams, as the sheer power of Adamant +2 SF LO earthquake is pretty ridiculous. Rapid spin provides much needed hazard removal. To support Drilbur is Smooth Rock Hippopotas, leftovers being opted out for extra sweeping potential for Drilbur, considering Hippopotas already has reliable recovery. The Hippo perpetually walls almost all physical attackers, and can wear them down with toxic or decently powerful earthquakes. Foongus and Slowpoke provide a solid regenerator core, both being wall-ish bulky attackers. They tank hits and dish out damage at a solid rate, and foongus spreads sleep very well while being the key to beating other sweepers. Slowpoke has an experimental set, not much to say there. Slowpoke hits suprisingly hard off of base 130, even uninvested. The two form a nice GW core that tanks a lot of hits that the team doesn't appreciate. The last mon is a stallbreaker but really offensebreaker gastly. I pack will-o-wisp for its switch-ins; the few that switch in often don't appreciate it. Shadow ball and Sludge wave are nukes, hitting ridiculously hard and having decent coverage. The third slot is just a toss up, it should be whatever you want for coverage on it. I am finding Dark Pulse a good option, but T-bolt is usable for many people (from those I have talked to).

The team works by leading with hippo and setting rocks, and softening the opponent between drilbur and gastly, or wearing them down between slowpoke, hippopotas, and foongus. After the carnage, proceed to go straight through the opponent like a hot knife through butter, using drilbur, clamperl, and gastly right behind each other. They will rarely fail.

Last edited:
Nice team, not much to say about it. Only that I don't think Will-O-Wisp is really useful on Gastly. Imo an extra coverage move is much more appreciated as you can better just nuke on switch-ins instead of burning it which is useless against special attackers and/or walls. Just my opinion ;d

canno

formerly The Reptile
M-Gengar seems like it could work over Gastly on that team. Although it is weaker in all regards, it's ability Shadow Tag is amazing, especially vs Stall, as it lets you pick off key members of their team. For example, popping Shroomish wish M-Gengar allows practically your entire team to wreck havoc even harder, as most of them have troubles with this mon. Foongus is also shrekld by M-Gengar. Something like

Gengar @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Will-O-Wisp / Taunt / Destiny Bond
- Taunt / Coverage Move to kill something you need to beat (i.e. Energy Ball for Hippo) / Destiny Bond

Yep. For your team I'd recommend the main slashes. It does notably worst vs offensive teams due to lower speed (although you can beat certain things because Shadow Tag), and stall cries all the time. Not saying M-Gengar is better than Ghasty (again, dem stats), but for your team it seems like M-Gengar would fit better (at least imo)

xJownage

While the ability to come in a trapkill shroomish would be good, I don't want to sacrifice the cleaning ability of gastly for it. SS Clamperl obviously rips right through it, and does a great job of beating stall in general with the lack of bulky waters in the tier (slowpoke has bad SDef and is beaten by HP elec, obv). I have been using gastly as a cleaner and it is working very well after clamperl and drilbur do their thing. While shroomish seems like an issue, +2 252+ Atk Life Orb Sand Force Drilbur Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Shroomish in Sand: 237-279 (53.3 - 62.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after sandstorm damage and Poison Heal With EQ doing a similar amount on a switch in. So really, nothing on this team is truly walled by shroomish. SS clamperl has exactly a 50% chance to ohko 252/252+ SDef shroomish after rocks.

I deem Mgar unnecessary for the team by virtue of the power it has, I really don't need walls eliminated since I can hit them so hard. I am using that slot mainly for a cleaner, so there might be a better mon for this slot, but it needs to function well as a cleaner (and I used gastly for the speed and willo to begin with).

Obvi this is not ou, nor is it even close... Duh... But I friggin love DD Mega Gyarados as a late game cleaner; does anyone know of something that would work similarly?

canno

formerly The Reptile
Obvi this is not ou, nor is it even close... Duh... But I friggin love DD Mega Gyarados as a late game cleaner; does anyone know of something that would work similarly?
Axew cutest Dragon Dancer.

92/174/120/60/80/114

Axew @ Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Taunt / Superpower
- Poison Jab / Iron Tail / Aqua Tail

Mold Breaker DD mon is go! it has solid 92/120/80 bulk and a decent enough 114 speed, along with that juicy 174 attack. Sadly it doesn't get Earthquake, but it has some other neat tricks up it sleeves. Taunt is a pretty cute one, as it lets it do well vs Stall, specifically Shroomish who can't do anything after being Taunted. This is much better now that Spritzee is gone. Oddly it gets Superpower, which you can use, although it's somewhat counter productive to a sweep. Poison Jab is for feries, Iron Tail is too but is more unreliable. Aqua Tail is to smack bulky ground wallmon like Hippo, although they still wall you even with it. Still, it does decent enough damage.

So yea, Axew a cute

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)