Tournament ORAS NU Tournament [WON BY TEDDEH]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just my quick opinions ;
Mega Sceptile: broken as anything, ban asap wayyy too fast and powerful, too much for NU at this time.
Mega Beedrill, this is interesting, I do feel that mega beedrill is kinda bad in this tier when so much stuff checks it, it can uturn out yes, but it'll be doing 0 damage to say: a steelix and rocks can't stay off the field forever. We can keep this for r2 if people really want to give it a chance
Slurpuff: shouldn't really be banned, its an nu poke and surely it can't be too duffivult to keep calm. You have offensive checks in pyroar and defensive ones in bulky poison types. More threatening yes, but not quick-bannable imo
Pyroar no longer checks, it doesn't enjoy drain punch after rocks >.> it's literally just bulky poison types... which you need to keep healthy (above 80%)

Pyroar no longer checks, it doesn't enjoy drain punch after rocks >.> it's literally just bulky poison types... which you need to keep healthy (above 80%)
It might in the end just make people run a scarf Mon with over base 100 speed, and capable of ko'ing it at 75%. Its definitely a great pokemon, I don't think its quick bannable though. Remember mega kanga and mega gengar and how broken they were, is slurpuff really on that scale (scaled down to an nu size ofc)

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Just in case this isn't clear cause people are throwing around the word quick ban, the bans made in this tournament will not necessarily be the same bans made by the council when ORAS comes out.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
btw host can u make the bans more clear in the op or when u post the rounds
The only mons banned atm (other than standard nu rules) are Mega Lopunny and Mega Altaria. I'm not going to talk about any other mons banned because that's what we're discussing right now

won in some fun games, ggs tennis n_n

edit: don't ban anything. the point of this tour is to see the adaptions and teambuilding intricacies that people discover, it's a shame to make it less interesting, they might be great mons but they aren't overtly broken to make the game not fun when playing them. slurpuff maybe, but everyone is running slurpuff counters because that's what the tour's about lol.

Last edited:

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Also if you don't want to play with some stuff just make an agreement with the opponent not to use it for 1 game or something, it's a fun tour after all. That's what I did with TCW. Don't see a need to ban

Disjunction

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
won in some fun games, ggs tennis n_n
I need replays or the win doesn't count.

yes, make those bans clearer please
There are two separate spots in the OP defining which megas you can use. I can make the text really bright red and big if it's not defined enough.

On the topic of getting rid of the more prominent mons in the tour, it seems the majority of people want to keep everything as is so we'll just go along with that for the time being. I'm fine with whatever, I just want this to be an enjoyable experience.

Disjunction

Disjunction don't make TRC replay. I talked to him about it and he won't forget to save them next time. Making them replay will just make them lose interest for the tournament (I wouldve said the same for the Rob vs Waters games if I was online when it happened).
ok yea awesome that sounds a lot easier than being an asshole. grats TRC.

Disjunction

Round 2

AquajetBreloom vs. Dat Blast
praj.pran vs. TRC
iTeddeh vs. Aladyyn
Raseri vs. U-Turn Out
FLCL vs. Rob.
scorpdestroyer vs. Kiyo
Hollywood vs. HJAD
Disjunction vs. galbia

giving an extension to galbia/kushalos cause it's just a day, mentioned it before hand, etc. AJB/Holly won the coin flips in their matches.
Deadline: Saturday, November 22nd at 11:59 EST (GMT -5)
REMEMBER TO SAVE REPLAYS
This is still Best of Three
If you don't see your name, you were likely in the other set of Round 1. Your deadline to complete your battles will also be the 22nd (subject to change if it's too long a wait, we'll play it by ear)
Available Megas:
Mega Audino
Mega Beedrill
Mega Camerupt
Mega Glalie
Mega Pidgeot
Mega Sceptile
Mega Steelix

Banned Megas:
Mega Lopunny
Mega Altaria

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)