Issue #37 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Welp, this was a pretty good article to end the XY era. I look forward to the ORAS issues in the future.

scorpdestroyer

it's a skorupi egg
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
nice n_n

btw a few things have been bugging me about this article (kinda minor but still): http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue37/introduction-to-pu

- it says it's an interview at the top
- the sprites for Roselia, Rotom-F, Heatmor, Marowak, Misdreavus, Mr. Mime, Raichu, Tangela, Togetic are wrong
- im pretty sure some sprites below are wrong too because Gogoat on HO and Swoobat on stall makes no sense
- Swanna's sprite is huge e_e

edit: nvm Magnemite said the sprites looked fine to him so it's probably just my phone messing it up

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
As some of you may notice, I tried to do this Interview without any "flavor" inserted into it, let me know what you think, good or bad or neutral w/e

Also I'm really pleased with the level of competitive and metagame articles in this release, well done everyone

Trinitrotoluene

young ☆nd foolish
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yay my article (mega mawile: the rise and fall of) was listed on the cover of this issue of the smog :]

shouts to everyone who worked on this issue; best way to conclude the xy period and bring in the oras period.

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Art for my article being on the cover for the 1st two issues I've written articles for?!? Would never have dreamed it. Shoutout to everyone who made this article possible, especially Molk and Goddess Briyella (and a ton of others with the Mega Evo article) who helped me with the collab articles I was a part of.

Goddess Briyella

Banned deucer.
Overall, I think this is a very good issue and I'm happy to have been part of it as always. I worked with some of my best friends here this time around. The ORAS article is definitely my biggest project to date as well not to mention the longest thing I've ever written in my life.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't disappointed in the lack of art in this issue; hopefully we can get some more artists involved with future projects. It really brings life to The Smog.

Anyway, the Puzzle Page is my favorite part of The Smog now, period. After you start pondering the clues in the crossword puzzle, you start to discover just how brilliant Level 51 is to have put that together. :) It's beyond amazing.

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Great issue guys \o/ thanks to Goddess Briyella and Toast++ for their help with the puzzle page, and here's hoping this issue's crossword takes longer than 5 hours to solve!!

edit: also i want feedback i really really want feedback please let me know if you liked the puzzle page
idk I solved the crossword in like 5 minutes :p

oh right I helped make it

Personally I'm not a fan of the parameter puzzles, but that's just my one opinion. If others like em, ignore me. As to the crossword, your clues were great, and even knowing what words went into it, it took me a bit to figure the puzzle out.

As with issue #37, happy to help with puzzle page for #38!

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
I really liked the parameter puzzles (and that's not just because I won :P)!

I'll be sure to try and make a puzzle of sorts to try and get it included in next month's edition.

Some minor mistakes to point out.
In the "Monster Megas I" article:
"Mewtwo X's ability, Steadfast, isn't too useful in Ubers but allows it to take Fake Out from Mega Kangaskhan without flinching."
That's Inner Focus' effect, not Steadfast.
In the "Mindgames: The Psychic types of OU" article:
"... as the only Bug-type move was Leech Life, which has no place in competitive battling."
Pin Missile was also there (and Twinneedle but its only user, Beedril, was irrelevant in OU).

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
idk I solved the crossword in like 5 minutes :p

oh right I helped make it

Personally I'm not a fan of the parameter puzzles, but that's just my one opinion. If others like em, ignore me. As to the crossword, your clues were great, and even knowing what words went into it, it took me a bit to figure the puzzle out.

As with issue #37, happy to help with puzzle page for #38!
oml SORRY I FORGOT TO CREDIT YOU many thanks to srk1214 for helping me put together and visualise the crossword :)

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was a good idea to experiment Oglemi, but I'm definitely for flavor in interviews. As someone who has done some interviews himself, I know it creates extra work when you're typing it up, but I personally believe it to be worth it in the long run. It provides comic relief and, at least imo, keeps the readers involved and interested in what they're reading.

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Oglemi flavor adds more flavor to the interview, and(imo) to the person being interviewed.
Note from editor missing?!
gj Darnell (gimme them likes)
free now exams over ima try for the next issue :)

Clone

Free Gliscor
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
idk what all these people were complaining about with the no flavor thing. sure flavor is nice, but the interview seemed fine without it. i guess its personal preference really, and it doesnt take /that/ much time to type it up (i would know :o )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)