CAP 19 CAP 19 - Playtest [Tournament Finals]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Moving on to the finals!

Please see this post for all tournament rules.

Matchup
Flan76 vs Gros Orteil

While this is the final, so we have no more rounds to wait on, I would still want to see it done in one week from today. Make sure to save those finals replays! Good luck!

So.... wow... this is my 3000th post. That's... a lot. Anyways, I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who makes my time on this site enjoyable. I'm not going to go and spend time on individual shoutouts or anything like that, but I would just like to give a generic thank you to all those people who I interact with on a regular basis, on PS, on IRC, all over Smogon, and especially here in CAP. I know there has been a lot of tension recently in this project about many different issues, but to all those people who have this project's best interests at heart, regardless of where you stand on any particular issue, I want you to know that I have great respect for you all. I truly hope we can continue to make this community better and better for the future.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
Eh... I know that it isn't required but I find it really sad that there has only been one match one Plasmanta. This might as well have been an OU + MMawile tourney + some c-teaming just in case they do bring Plasmanta. This is probably me just being an idealist but at this point in the tourney, these replays which are supposed to represent "higher quality players" aren't showing anything unique since, let's face it, these battles aren't really top-tier. During the playtest, I made it a point to use Plasmanta in every battle and found it to be a really interesting Pokemon and managed to get pretty high on the ladder (the only reason I stopped was that when I was at #11 three days before the deadline, someone regged the alt that I was using. [RIP kill spree :(]). Obviously the goal of the players is to win, but the goal of the tournament and the whole playtest as a whole is to figure out how our CAP turned out and what niches it actually has compared to the niche that we planned for it to have, and it's disappointing to see Plasmanta be completely discarded in the minds of the player just because the wanted goal of Plasmanta wasn't achieved.

Here is the last match of the CAP tournament, i won vs Flan76 2-0.
Unfortunately the replays don't work, due to PS! recent bugs probably, so my friend filmed the match and may upload that on YT, i'll post the link here if it happens.
He had to leave before the end of the second so here is a puush of the end : http://puu.sh/cYYb5/5a93d884fb.png
GG to all the players and thanks to the CAP staff for organizing the tour.
P.S.: Good games flan, I apologize for the luck on my part, but I still enjoyed playing with you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)