The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm ready to throw in the towel.. I was half expecting a loss, but allowing 350 rushing yards is over the top. This will probably be Coughlins last year so I won't get to see him outcoach Belicheat for a fourth straight time. Asta luego.

I'd like to salute the cardinals for being the toughest SOB team in a long time. They lost their starting QB but I really believe Arians when he says they can win the SB with that no name backup.

On the Peyton 6th MVP chase, he'll probably lead the NFL in TDs and wins but I'm not sure he'll be able to get past Rodgers stupid crazy efficiency.

This week is the football gods telling teams paying mediocre QBs (Dalton, Cutler) $100 million is stupid as shit. What would the Bears' record be if they paid McCown a fifth of what they paid Cutler and used that money to pay their defense? You can't win without a franchise QB, but you can easily lose with one as well.
Also paying a 50 year old QB $50 million

Poor Cards...

Also paying a 50 year old QB $50 million

Poor Cards...
Contract ain't guaranteed past 2015. They can draft a qb and sit him behind Palmer(or not). The Cardinals as a whole are playing above a single position though and Arians has the most cred of any coach right now. I'm sure they'll come down back to earth later in the season but this team has been through hell and back and is on the winning side. It's actually a similar team to the Luck-y 2012 Colts.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok so I was told this on Sunday but I'd like confirmation from someone who knows for sure (aka I'm lazy). Is it true that running out of bounds doesn't stop the clock until after a certain time? If so, what time is that? The reason I ask is because I noticed during the Jets game on a drive in the fourth qtr (~7 mins left) that on three separate plays Pittsburgh ran out of bounds and the clock kept running. I started to get upset, until someone behind me pointed out that the clock only stops after a certain point. Can anyone confirm this?

Ok so I was told this on Sunday but I'd like confirmation from someone who knows for sure (aka I'm lazy). Is it true that running out of bounds doesn't stop the clock until after a certain time? If so, what time is that? The reason I ask is because I noticed during the Jets game on a drive in the fourth qtr (~7 mins left) that on three separate plays Pittsburgh ran out of bounds and the clock kept running. I started to get upset, until someone behind me pointed out that the clock only stops after a certain point. Can anyone confirm this?
From here:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/10/24/nfl-rules-you-might-not-k_0_n_4156057.html

For years, the NFL has restarted the clock after the ball carrier has gone out of bounds, except in the final two minutes of the first half, the final five minutes of the fourth quarter, and in the regular season, the final five minutes of overtime.

What the fuck happened to the Bears
Shitty offensive coaching with plenty of talent available, atrocious defense, and a team that just isn't unified in any sense.

Marc Trestman said that no personnel changes are going to head towards the Bears, so until someone (preferably Tucker first) is rightfully fired I refute allegiance to the Bears. Let them allow shitty play to continue, maybe the fans will get the message and stop going to and watching games, forcing the organization to actually try to get money back by putting a respectable team on the field, not an embarrassment.

Astra

talk to me nice
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Community Leader Alumnus
Lions are doing really good this season, 7-2.

Wait, they're playing Arizona next? Damn. At least it cant get any worse.
After that game is New England.....pray Motor City, pray.

Edit: Lions got #1 Defense. Minus 10 prayers

Last edited:
There goes the Giants season. At least Beckham is turning out to be a beast.

Peyton throwing 2 INTs to 1 TD is disheartening but his MVP chances are still high. He needs to start dropping 4 TDs per game again. Embarrassing performance by him. Almost as humiliating as the 2011 Saints losing to one of the worst Rams team in years. If this costs Peyton the MVP there is no justice in this world.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Sorry some hero but Rodgers is getting MVP unless he has a late season collapse. He deserves it this year.

Also, funny when the Rams actually force feed their most talented RB that *gasp* good things happen.

Sorry some hero but Rodgers is getting MVP unless he has a late season collapse. He deserves it this year.

Also, funny when the Rams actually force feed their most talented RB that *gasp* good things happen.

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but c'mon man Peyton always gets MVPs in twos... The cycle is broken now.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Can we just contract the Redskins and make a whole new Washington team? I'm just done. I can't take it anymore. New name, new unis, new everything. Except for the Gibbs years the franchise has been a joke anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)