Other ORAS OU Sample Team Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
ORAS OU SAMPLE TEAM THREAD

Approved by alexwolf | OP taken from namehtmas | Art by ArkaMustang

Welcome! The purpose of this thread is to archive successful ORAS OU teams, intended to help new players get acclimated to the metagame and different playstyles. Seeing as how gaining knowledge about teambuilding and the OU metagame in general can be hard and complicated, having a foundation to work from can prove to be very helpful. Here, you can post your own team for archiving for new OU players to use.

GUIDELINES

Anyone is welcome to submit a team they believe to be worthy, as long as you submit a post that contains the following:
  • An importable of your team
  • A brief explanation of each member's role and an overview of how the team works.
We also urge eventual posters to include proof of tournament or ladder success, as well as high level replays which showcases your team. Selecting which teams will be archived will be done by myself and the OU Moderators. Here is an example of what a correct submittion should look like:

Magic (Gardevoir) @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 24 Def / 232 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt

Crests of Waves (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Shiver (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Atk / 104 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Stealth Rock

Such a Rush (Excadrill) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head

The Scientist (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

High Speed (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
This team is based around Mega Gardevoir, which currently is one of the strongest win-conditions against defensively oriented teams. After the banning of Aegislash and Mawile, it has few to none switch-ins, which grants it the ability to tear apart most teams. Keldeo makes the perfect teammate for Mega Gardevoir, as it's capable of taking on the Steel-types that threaten Gardevoir. It is also great for taking common priority attacks such as Sucker Punch and Aqua Jet, both whom Gardevoir hate. Tyranitar + Excadrill gives the team a way of taking on big threats such as Latios and Latias, as well as a way of revenge killing set-up sweepers like Mega Charizard X and Mega Tyanitar. Ferrothorn acts as the team's main Water-resist and "glue-Pokemon", as it takes on a lot of threats that threathen the other members of the among. Among these are opposing Mega Gardevoir, Azumarill, Mega Gyarados, and opposing Excadrill. Latios is a stample on offense in the current metagame, and is the member that rounds the team off. It gives it a much-needed way of taking on opposing Keldeo, Mega Charizard Y and Lanodrus. In additon to this, it does a great job of cleaning against defensive teams after Gardevoir has done its job.
Happy posting ♪♪

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Team Archive

Rob.'s Rain Offense:

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower / Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald / Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish
Politoed's primary purpose is to provide 8 turns of rain support for the teams offensive core. Because Politoed's Special Attack isn't too bad, and its Water-type attacks are boosted under Rain, I decided to forgo the standard defensive moveset because it's a momentum killer for offensive teams. 200 Speed EVs allow it to outrun defensive Rotom-W. Thanks to the investment in Special Attack, Hydro Pump 2HKOes Rotom-W after Stealth Rock and a bit of chip damage. Rotom-W can be difficult to handle for Rain teams so I felt this investment was absolutely necessary. I added Psychic instead of Scald so Politoed can 2HKO Mega Venusaur after Stealth Rock. Everything else is standard. Ferrothorn is a must for all rain teams because it provides an array of resistances, most importantly Electric-, Dragon- and Grass-type resists. It also provides entry hazard support. I added Mega Swampert because it's extremely dangerous under Rain because of its power, bulk, and amazing ability Swift Swim. Mega Swamperts role is to punch holes in opposing teams early- and mid-game to soften up things for Kingdra. It's also a shiny new mega forme that I wanted to test. Kingdra was added next because it's another Swift Swim abuser that can be dangerous if given the right support. I also wanted a special attacker, and I couldn't find one that could abuse rain any better than Kingdra. I was fearful of Keldeo at this point so I added Latias to check it, along with a few other dangerous Fighting-types. This team doesn't really care about Stealth Rock so I decided against Defog Latias and went with 3 Attacks + Healing Wish. Healing Wish can provide Azumarill, Kingdra, or Mega Swampert with another opportunity to sweep. Finally, Azumarill was added to plug a few defensive holes. Azumarill is extremely powerful and one of its STABs is boosted by Politoeds rain, plus the team struggled with Dark- and Dragon-tyoes, so adding Azumarill was a no brainer. The team is fairly decent and it has helped me explore the meta so I decided to post it here so other users can use it to familiarize themselves with the metagame or test out Mega Swampert.

firehusky's Balance:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 70 Def / 186 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 8 SpD / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Modest Nature
- Rain Dance
- Surf
- Tail Glow
- Energy Ball

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Roost

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Ancient Power
- Earth Power
Here is a fun team that I recently created, which got me pretty high up on the ladder (peaked as #133). It features a really cool core that I have been playing around with, which is Mega Metagross + Manaphy. Manaphy completely wrecks annoying stuff like Mega Sableye, as well as functioning as a great win condition against Stall. I slapped on Ferrothorn as Stealth Rock setter, and Landorus-T as a my Choice Scarf user. Next I decided to use Rotom-W to form a volt-turn core with Landorus, as well as checking dangerous rain offense teams featuring Mega Swampert. Finally, Latias was added as a Defogger, as well as providing Healing Wish support in case Mega Metagross or Landorus-T got statused. Then, TheEnder asked me to make a few changes to the team. Firstly, Choice Scarf Landorus-T was changed to a defensive version. This change made it capable of beating physical attackers such as Talonflame, which again allowed me to free up Rotom-W's slot. Stealth Rock was added to Landorus-T, and on Ferrothorn, Stealth Rock was changed to Spikes. To patch up the team's weakness to Mega Gardevoir and Ferrothorn, Choice Scarf Heatran was added over Rotomn-W. Lastly, I was kind of weak to Choice Specs Keldeo, so Defog on Latias was changed to Roost to better handle it. Defog was the least needed move, seeing as how it contradicts the point of setting up Spikes. When using this team, try to locate bulky mons like opposing Ferrothron and Mega Sableye, and focus on wearing them down. In cases where your opponent has a bunch of slow Pokemon, be sure to use Manaphy; set up a Rain Dance, and get to +3 or possibly +6 for an easy sweep. Try to use Mega Metagross as an early game wallbreaker, and then use Manaphy to clean up weakened stuff late game.

scotti's Offense:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Hasty Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Hammer Arm
- Zen Headbutt
- Grass Knot

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Clefable (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 244 Def / 12 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Superpower

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Secret Sword
- Scald
- Substitute
This team is based around multiple cores functioning together, such as Choice Scarf Tyranitar + Keldeo, and SubCM Keldeo + Mega Metagross. Choice Scarf Tyranitar has Pursuit, which allows it to get rid of Keldeo's counters that are Psychic-types. SubCM Keldeo gets rid of all the bulky Water-types that Mega Metagross cannot beat, while Grass Knot on Mega Metagross allows it to get rid of the few bulky Water-types that defeat SubCM Keldeo. Landorus-T is there to take hits from important threats such as Mega Charizard X, Talonflame, and other physical attackers. Clefable takes on Mega Lopunny, Mega Sableye, and most Dragon-types. Latios is there to round off the team, taking on threats such as Mega Charizard Y and Keldeo, and luring Steel-types with Hidden Power Fire. It also has Defog to support the team as a whole. Just a standard team that is great for newer players that are looking to join the OU metagame.

Invok3r's Offense:
Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage
- Stealth Rock

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Encore
- Shadow Ball

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Superpower

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Roost

Keldeo @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt
- Hidden Power [Fire]
Hey guys, here is a team that I recently reached #1 on the ladder with. It is basically a hyper-offensive team built around "The Mastermind," aka Mega Alakazam. Mega Alakazam is a cool mon at the moment, because it does well vs opposing HO teams, and balance doesn't have many switch-ins, either. I decided to pair it with Choice Band Scizor, as it helps against the many Fairy-types that Alakazam struggles with. It also serves as a switch-in to Mega Metagross. I then opted for Choice Scarf Landorus-T since I wanted a ground immunity, that could also help with opposing Choice Scarf Landorus-T. After that, I needed a Keldeo switch-in. Preferrably it would also pull its weight vs Stall teams. Because of this, I added Calm Mind Latios, as it perfectly fits the bill. Finally, I wanted a check to Bisharp and Scizor, that could help a little more vs Stall. Life Orb Keldeo with Taunt fit pretty well. Although it is unorthodox, I faced a ton of Scizors on the ladder, so I opted for Hidden Power Fire in the last moveslot. Overall, I feel like this is a great display of HO in the current meta, and it has ways to deal with opposing HO, Balance, and Stall. I also made a RMT of this, so you can check it out here.

-Clone-'s Offense:
Metagross @ Metagrossite
Jolly Nature
- Hammer Arm
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Zen Headbutt

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Garchomp @ Lum Berry
Ability: Rough Skin
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Claw

Raikou @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Shadow Ball

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Hyper Offense team that I've been using for a while to pretty good success (RMT link here). The team is built around the Keldeo + Mega Metagross core, with the underlying strategy being paving way for a Bisharp sweep. Thats not to say that Bisharp is the only thing that can sweep. Keldeo, Metagross, Raikou, and even Garchomp are capable of ending the game based on how the match goes. Metagross is the primary wallbreaker that punches holes into opposing teams with his powerful attacks, and has Bullet Punch to revenge-kill things, and not worry about Speed ties. Choice Scarf Keldeo is a blanket check to a lot of the bulky Ground-types that wall Metagross, while also taking on Bisharp. Aditionally, it is a great anti-lead against Choice Scarf Landorus-T too =]. Garchomp is the main lead that sets up rocks, and beats Mrga Sableye 1v1 (thanks to Swords Dance and Lum Berry). It can also break down walls early game after a Swords Dance, as it can set up on a lot of the bulky Water-types that would otherwise be troublesome due to Scald. Still, they were problematic, so Raikou was added to help with those and check Flying-types. Assault Vest was the item of choice, to check Gengar and Thundurus. Gengar is there to help with Stall and act as my wallbreaker with its great 3 move coverage and Taunt. Lastly, Swords Dance Bisharp rounds off the team by acting as a good win-condition or wallbreaker, depending on the opposing team. The team has its weaknesses, but I feel it's a good showcase of Hyper Offense in the current meta that, which also portrays some somewhat underrated Pokemon.

AM's Bulky Offense:
Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 144 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 108 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

Weavile @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash
- Low Kick
- Ice Shard

Manaphy @ Lum Berry
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Psychic
- Tail Glow

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 176 HP / 252 Atk / 80 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Force
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog
This is one of the more enjoyable teams I have to use for general playing and testing purposes as I feel it's pretty basic, so thought I would share it considering most guys and gals who know me have seen me use this one a fair amount. There isn't so much a win-condition more so it's a build based on Mega Venusaur with some conventional checks to some of its problems and this was one of the first builds where I started using the Manaphy set inspired by the usage of it by Destiny Device during his SPL games. Offensive Mega Venusaur is there as I just wanted to have a check to Water- and Fairy-types, with some offensive presence. Weavile was added during the time it was being discussed for a bump up in ranking, and I needed an offensive Dark-type to check Lati@s for M-Venusaur, plus I needed to test it for ranking purposes anyways and it turned out to be really nice on this team. It helps mitigate issues with stuff like Gliscor and Serperior mostly. Scizor is the secondary check to Fairy-types, and the secondary priority user to improve the teams matchup with offense. Manaphy pretty much handles Stall builds and whatever it misses out on his handled by other partners. Hippowdon is Stealth Rock setter, a great check to Electric-types, a secondary check to Mega Lopunny so Venusaur isn't so pressured to check it alone, and a check to Flying-types. Latios provides hazard removal and acts as a check to Keldeo and to a slight extent Mega Charizard Y. The team is a bit weak to Dragonite and sort of Lucario if you don't play carefully. I guess you can thank Vertex for showing me the Lucario weakness since I almost got cleaned by his several days ago. Just make sure you don't wear yourself down.

bludz's Semi-Stall:
Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Encore
- Soft-Boiled

Tornadus-Therian (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Charizard @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 104 HP / 216 Atk / 188 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- Roost

Slowking @ Assault Vest
EVs: 248 HP / 168 Def / 36 SpA / 56 SpD
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Skarmory @ Shed Shell
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Counter
- Whirlwind
I started off with the Clefable + Mega Charizard X + Tornadus-T core. I'm running Encore on Clefable to mess with other set up mons like Manaphy and opposing Clefables. The free turns granted by Encore are so clutch for this team and it allows Clefable to beat opposing Clefable's 1v1 as well, although Thunderbolt might actually be a little bit better because SpDef Talon is death to the team. Chaizard runs the standard set, but with Earthquake > Dragon Claw to lure Heatran's. However, Dragon Claw is also pretty good here as well, as *Tough Claws and STAB makes it insanely powerful. Tornadus-T has Hidden Power Ice to break Gliscor and heavily dent things like bulky Garchomp, with the rest of its moveset being the standard utility to handle stuff like Gengar and Alakazam. At this point the team was looking weak to Water-types, so I added Assault Vest Slowking to sponge hits from things like Keldeo. It can also take a hit or two from Mega Charizard Y. With Dragon Tail it can also phaze stuff like regular Gyarados. Together with Tornadus-T it forms a Regenerator core, and it has enough defensive investment to take on 4 Atk Mega Diancie when SR is not up, which alleviates the burden from Clefable a bit. Hippowdon was added for Stealth Rocks, and acts as the primary answer to things like opposing Mega Charizard X, Bisharp, and Talonflame, and a better check to Electric-types than Clefable. Skarmory was added for Defog support, a requisite Steel-type, but also to help provide another answer to powerful physical attackers like Bisharp, Weavile, Excadrill, Scizor and Mega Metagross. The team is weak to specially defensive Talonflame and physical Water-type attackers such as Azumarill, Feraligatr and Taunt Gyarados, and definitely other fat teams to a degree, but handles most other things pretty darn well.

AM's Balance:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Atk / 44 Def / 180 SpD / 20 Spe
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost
- Swords Dance

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 164 SpD / 40 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Roost

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 48 SpD / 40 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Rain Dance
- Calm Mind

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 64 Def / 200 SpD / 4 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Slack Off
- Stealth Rock

Gengar @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split

Ferrothorn @ Shed Shell
EVs: 248 HP / 92 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Power Whip
- Knock Off
- Leech Seed
- Spikes
I really just wanted to use Mega Scizor + Mew together with this team since I always thought they were a cool combo. It was a quick team I put together, but it turned out to be OK in practice, so figured why not in adding it here. The team's focus is simple, get hazards up as fast as possible, and then utilize double switches and the presence of Manaphy, Gengar, Mew, and Scizor to get hazard damage and break down the opposing team. SubSplit Gengar is to have the upper hand against normal switch-ins to it, such as Tyranitar, and to escape behind a Sub and Pain Split to slowly wear down bulkier Pokemon, and maintain longevity. Mega Scizor is pretty standard with Superpower as coverage. Mew is basic stall-breaker, along with Manaphy, so the team isn't too weak to Mega Sabeye builds nor Stall in general. Shed Shell Ferrothorn to stop from it being trapped by Magnezone and Gothitelle, which could pose a problem if they're allowed to remove Ferrothorn, as it helps with both Gyarados formes. The team is weak to both Mega Charizard formes, but performs well enough if you manage to keep Hippowdon healthy.

Last edited:

Albacore

sludge bomb is better than sludge wave
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've made quite a few ORAS teams recently, this is one of the few I feel like I've polished to the point of being presentable :

Latias @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Def / 136 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

This team was pretty simple to build tbh, it's more-or-less your standard Stored Power Mega-Latias stall team. I started off with MLatias as my win condition, and decided to pair it up with Chesnaught since it beats most dark types and can also wear down the opposing team thanks to Spikes+Leech Seed. Now, I originally had Empoleon as my Greninja counter, but I soon realized that since my team relied on hazard-stacking Rapid Spin was a better option, and Tentacruel did pretty much the same job as Empoleon, with the added benefit of giving me a counter to Gengar as well as secondary answer to MSableye which is always nice because jesus christ that thing is a royal pain. I was kinda torn between Hippowdon, Rhyperior, and Skarmory as my SR setter and main answer to MMence (and MPinsir once Mence gets banned), and all 3 are valid options. Skarm walls the vast majority of MMetagross, Rhyperior counters Talonflame and XZard, and Hippowdon is a middle ground between the 2 which doesn't deal with Mence/Pinsir quite as well. Quagsire could also work in this slot but it forces me to run SR on something else which is a bit tricky to fit. i'm still not really sure who to use and I kinda alternate between the 3, but overall Hippowdon is probably best since it doesn't outright lose to anythingthat hugely threatens my team. Clefable serves as a cleric and a secondary win condition, it's my main answer to Mega-Sableye, Mandibuzz, and Weavile. I've given it Unaware>Magic Guard to deal with opposing Stored Power MLatias, Mega-Gallade, and Mega-Heracross to a lesser extent. Jirachi is my answer to Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Altaria, Mega-Diancie and Fairies in general, provides wish support for Chesanught and Tentacruel and paralysis support for Latias to let it set up more easily, and just generally walls stuff. Chansey can be used over it to reduce the Magnezone weakness, but that means I get completely destroyed by Taunt Mega-Gardevoir which is a bad idea. This team isn't perfect by any means (Grass Knot+Earthquake MMetagross basically 6-0s it, and XZard can potentially run through it too), but Stall can't really cover everything at once so I reckon it's solid enough.

Last edited:
I've made quite a few ORAS teams recently, this is one of the few I feel like I've polished to the point of being presentable :

Latias @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/orasou-182461618 Started ORAS OU today not an overly great battler but here is a battle using the latias stall team,I actually love this team so much. thank you albacore for sharing it.

Last edited by a moderator:

TheEnder

a petal in the wind

Latias @ Latiasite
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Roost
- Stored Power

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes
- Spiky Shield

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Acid Spray
- Knock Off

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Clefable @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Body Slam
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Protect

This team was pretty simple to build tbh, it's more-or-less your standard Stored Power Mega-Latias stall team. I started off with MLatias as my win condition, and decided to pair it up with Chesnaught since it beats most dark types and can also wear down the opposing team thanks to Spikes+Leech Seed. Now, I originally had Empoleon as my Greninja counter, but I soon realized that since my team relied on hazard-stacking Rapid Spin was a better option, and Tentacruel did pretty much the same job as Empoleon, with the added benefit of giving me a counter to Gengar as well as secondary answer to MSableye which is always nice because jesus christ that thing is a royal pain. I was kinda torn between Hippowdon, Rhyperior, and Skarmory as my SR setter and main answer to MMence (and MPinsir once Mence gets banned), and all 3 are valid options. Skarm walls the vast majority of MMetagross, Rhyperior counters Talonflame and XZard, and Hippowdon is a middle ground between the 2 which doesn't deal with Mence/Pinsir quite as well. Quagsire could also work in this slot but it forces me to run SR on something else which is a bit tricky to fit. i'm still not really sure who to use and I kinda alternate between the 3, but overall Hippowdon is probably best since it doesn't outright lose to anythingthat hugely threatens my team. Clefable serves as a cleric and a secondary win condition, it's my main answer to Mega-Sableye, Mandibuzz, and Weavile. I've given it Unaware>Magic Guard to deal with opposing Stored Power MLatias, Mega-Gallade, and Mega-Heracross to a lesser extent. Jirachi is my answer to Mega-Gardevoir, Mega-Altaria, Mega-Diancie and Fairies in general, provides wish support for Chesanught and Tentacruel and paralysis support for Latias to let it set up more easily, and just generally walls stuff. Chansey can be used over it to reduce the Magnezone weakness, but that means I get completely destroyed by Taunt Mega-Gardevoir which is a bad idea. This team isn't perfect by any means (Grass Knot+Earthquake MMetagross basically 6-0s it, and XZard can potentially run through it too), but Stall can't really cover everything at once so I reckon it's solid enough.
Added this n_n

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Defog

I'm going to call it Volt-Turn simply for half the team utilizing it with a set up sweeper so call it whatever you would like. The new toy syndrome died out for myself so I went back to using what I felt would work in ORAS meta. I know I wanted to use M-Scizor cause I felt like it still did well in this meta with the ability to check threats such as M-Altaria, Unaware Clefable which I noticed an increase in, M-Gard, among some others with its offensive variant as a win con. Went speed > bulk to one up threats such as Jolly Bisharp and Adamant Diggersby as I felt it was more beneficial in this meta with a faster spread. I know I wanted to use Manaphy as well but wasn't too sure of the set I wanted to use. M-Sableye and M-Slowbro are very prominent on stall and gave me some trouble so I took it upon myself to work smarter and not harder. Originally had a Heart Swap set but as you may see from comments below and even in practice it became a bit situational, so I made the following changes suggested. Rain Dance for status removal on Manaphy and reduced fire damage for Cobalion and M-Scizor. Originally had Raikou for birdspam but I needed a check to Mega-Salamence as well, general offense, and set up sweepers so asked for some advice with the team from TheEnder on PS where we decided Volt Switch Thundurus would be a better fit. Taunt for stall-breaking utility paired with Cobalion's stall-breaking abilities and Volt Switch for added momentum. Lando-T is the rock setter and when paired with Thundurus helps with birdspam more consistently. Rock Tomb to slow down offensive switch ins and offense in general. Everything else is pretty standard. Cobalion was added last due to my weakness to Bisharp and another answer to stall, Clefable, and M-Gardevoir. Moveset is standard and pairs well with Thundurus as a stall-breaking core along with Volt Switch to maintain momentum. Used TrickScarf Defog Latios to improve my matchup against threats such as M-Lopunny, M-Aerodactyl, M-Sceptile, and all the really fast megas offense usually has. Team has a general weakness to threats such as Azumarill and Greninja for the most part along with Mamoswine however most issues that are apparent can be played around while consistently maintaining pressure through the volt turn portion of the team. Goal is to sweep with either M-Scizor or Manaphy depending on circumstances and or revenge kill threats until you've isolated your opponent into a disadvantageous matchup so not a whole lot else to say.

That's about it. If Volt-Turn is your thing you can go ahead and try this one out.

Edit: Edited to reflect suggestions below.

Last edited:

alexwolf

lurks in the shadows
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
AM, why use a defensive set on a Pokemon with so much sweeping potential that is also completely outclassed in defensive roles outside of beating Mega Slowbro and Mega Sableye? Just go with Modest Tail Glow and Lefties, which is already a reliable check to the boosting defensive Megas and replace GK with Energy Ball, no reason to lose to Rotom-W and do way less damage on Pokemon such as Keldeo and Azumarill.

Last edited:
AM, why use a defensive set on a Pokemon with so much sweeping potential that is also completely outclassed in defensive roles outside of beating Mega Slowbro and Mega Sableye? Just go with Modest Tail Glow and Lefties, which is already a reliable check to the boosting defensive Megas and replace GK with Energy Ball, no reason to lose to Rotom-W and do way less damage on Pokemon such as Keldeo and Azumarill.
bc heart swap is neato

but yeah, i've played with this, and while it is pretty fun and satisfying when pulled off successfully, it's also fairly situational and inconsistent, especially compared to manaphy's standard sets. in other words, something i'd recommend to friends, but not beginners just starting out

Reactions: AM

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
bc heart swap is neato

but yeah, i've played with this, and while it is pretty fun and satisfying when pulled off successfully, it's also fairly situational and inconsistent, especially compared to manaphy's standard sets. in other words, something i'd recommend to friends, but not beginners just starting out
Agreeing and editing to reflect suggestions. Thank you both.

Bunny Squad

Lopunny @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
Jolly Nature
- Return
- High Jump Kick
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Volt Switch
- Pain Split

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Protect

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This team uses the very common HO core of mega lopunny and greninja, both very speedy mons that hit hard, and have a hit and run playstyle. Rotom-W is a perfect fit for those 2, because he counters talonflame which can beat both of them, counters landorus-t too and can serve as a great bulky pivot. Ferrothorn is great because he can set up hazards, and counters lots of stuff in ORAS, mainly non HP fire greninja. He can also spread leech seed everywhere and give my team passive recovery, and he is also really annoying. Landorus-t is a great mon to slap on every team because it's the best scarfer and serves as a secondary check to birdspam, and works as a counter to most physical attacker, and is my second bulky pivot with intimidate and his decent bulk. He also forms a volt-turn core with rotom-w. Finally, latios is there to nuke stuff with draco meteor and defog rocks for greninja and landorus-t because they get worn down very easily. It can also force out mega latias not running max speed.

Anti Mega Mence Tri-Core

Team was based on a core I found in the ORAS good cores thread. Zapdos is manditory flyspam check. Slowbro is another mence check and all around pivot for alot of the teams weaknesses. (I want fire blast on this guy as soon as mence leaves so it doesn't have to run ice beam!) Clefable helps with thundurus because its a pain in the ass for this team, while also giving me rocks. Toxic was put onto the set to help me beat bulky things that setup, but I Have been meaning to make it unaware to help beat mega sableye. Meta metagross gives this team a much needed steel type and for some reason everyone expects rock polish, so the 4 attacks set can catch some things off guard. Greninja is greninja, running grass knot to help with waters. Scarf-Lando is the good ol scarf lando, but with super power over knock off in order for this team to beat ferrothorn.

Overall nothing special really, A few changes are going to be made to movesets when mence is banned. The team will most likely still be good after that since Its not really meta locked. Anyway have fun with it! I sure as hell did on my ladder spree sunday night :]

Credit to -Clone- for the core! I just made the small change of making Clefable non wish protect and unaware due to being mega sable weak.
Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 236 Def / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Defog
- Roost

Slowbro @ Leftovers
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Ice Beam

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Metagross-Mega @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Jolly Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Ice Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
Hasty Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot

EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Last edited:
Aww yeah, Mega Pidgeot team.
"Mega Pidgeot Offense"

Hell Above (Pidgeot) (F) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
Naive Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat Wave
- U-turn
- Defog

Sellout (Dugtrio) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Reversal
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Sucker Punch

Lullabies (Latias) @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Defog

Sempiternal (Greninja) (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 48 Atk / 252 SpA / 208 Spe
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Hydro Pump
- Gunk Shot
- Dark Pulse

YDG (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Relaxed Nature
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball

Satan (Clefable) (F) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Moonlight
- Flamethrower

This team features the fantastic core of Pidgeot, Dugtrio and Healing Wish Latias. Mega Pidgeot is some-what of a mediocre Pokemon in the OU metagame, but this team is built to support her, because, not a lot wants to take a 100% accurate Hurricane. Pidgeot sports a very nice Speed tier, outspeeding a large portion of the metagame. If you predict an Air Balloon Heatran to come in, U-Turn can be used to break it, while Dugtrio can trap it and OHKO it. Healing Wish Latias is a fantastic addition to the team, as, since Mega Pidgeot is weak to Stealth Rocks, being able to bring it back to full health is fantastic. Greninja could also use a Choice Scarf to check Scarfed Landorus if you feel like it could cause a problem. Greninja is the glue that holds the team together. Gunk Shot deals with Fairy types that might be a problem to the team with out it. Ferrothorn is the team's answer to Talonflame. Specially Defensive Ferrothorn is also an option if you really want to use it. Clefable stands as the best check to Mega Sableye, which is absolute hell to this team without it.

I hope this is ok, the team was thrown together, but I honestly really like it /.\
First off I want to say that I know that this is no Rate My Team section but I would like to point out some little nit picks here.

I also want to say that this team looks great, I would expect nothing less from the guy that made one of my favorite Mega Absol teams. I am just going to say some small suggestion here, I am not that familiar with the ORAS OU meta (So bare with me here) But from the knowledge I have of the meta I'm just going to say a small suggestion for your team.

I first off I would like to suggest Shed shell on Ferrothorn and Choice band on Dugtrio. Why you may ask? Well your team has a somewhat big weakness to Magnezone Which as been running around lately, Magnezone can trap your Ferro and go for HP Fire, If Harzards are up and it is scarfed flash cannon will OHKO Your Dugtrio, Specs Zone can OHKO Clefable and 2HKO Clefable if Scarfed, Can OHKO Pidgeot with a Tbolt/Almost with a volt switch and if Scarfed it can Outspeed your Orb'd Gren and kill with Volt switch and tbolt. Shedthorn and Banded Dugtrio are not that bad as you just switch into ferro lure out Mag and then you can switch into Arena Trap Banded Dugtrio Take the HP fire and (almost) Kill with EQ every time. What I mean by Almost is that max Attack you want to take out on Dugtrio from max is about twenty and putting it in SDef which has a 21.5% chance to 2HKO with HP fire on scarfzone. With that said your opponent has to be one lucky player to get that 21.5%.

So The set you want to run on Ferro is the one you are using just replace Rocky Helm with Shed Shell.

And the Banded Dug Set is Below (I dont know how to do that fancy thing where you hide anything you want maybe I can get some help with that)

Dugtrio @ Choice Band
Ability: Arena Trap
EVs: 236 Atk / 20 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide/Stone Edge
- Aerial Ace
- Sucker Punch

Once again doe, Good team M8

Last edited:
First off, I would like to point out that iirc scarf magnezone does NOT ouspeed dugtrio and greninja, or mega pidgeot for that matter. Also, I would not recommend shed shell on ferrothorn, because ferrothorn either misses the ability to hurt physical attackers with rocky helmet, or it loses out on passive recovery from lefties. I also fail to see how choice band dugtrio beats scarf mag because non banded also OHKOes with earthquake. Honestly, I think Ohioisonfire's team is pretty nice, and I don't think it needs alot of changing.

First off, I would like to point out that iirc scarf magnezone does NOT ouspeed dugtrio and greninja, or mega pidgeot for that matter. Also, I would not recommend shed shell on ferrothorn, because ferrothorn either misses the ability to hurt physical attackers with rocky helmet, or it loses out on passive recovery from lefties. I also fail to see how choice band dugtrio beats scarf mag because non banded also OHKOes with earthquake. Honestly, I think Ohioisonfire's team is pretty nice, and I don't think it needs alot of changing.
All of the speed things were a accident, The speed was done on a calculator so it was a mistake which I feel pretty stupid about looking at it. Choice banded dug is just a thing that I like to use on it because it will kill alot of things that normal dug can't and just does good damage overall imo. Also the shed shell is another opinion I like it and it works, I was also going to recommend lefties but I didn't want to go too of topic on what I was talking about so I left it. Now that I look at it alot of things I recommend to people is what works for me and some other people and is total opinion, Especially with dugtrio on the team. But thanks for letting me know that a calculator is not how to find out how to get a speed/power of a poke with a choice/orb item. And has I said I am not that "street smart" on ORAS so suggesting things I know. I am not going to talk about this anyone longer because I feel like this will turn into a argument and I don't like fighting with people D: Nice team Ohioisonfire's team is nice and I will not deny that ;) <3

Standard Rain Offense
Latias @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Thunderbolt
- Healing Wish

Politoed @ Damp Rock
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 56 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast
- Psychic

Swampert @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Superpower / Rain Dance
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Draco Meteor
- Scald / Sleep Talk
- Dragon Pulse

Azumarill @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower
- Waterfall

Politoed's primary purpose is to provide 8 turns of rain support for the teams offensive core. Because Politoed's SpA isn't too bad and its Water-type attacks are boosted under Rain, I decided to forgo the standard defensive moveset because it's a momentum killer for offensive teams. 200 Speed EVs allow it to outrun Defensive Rotom-W. Hydro Pump 2HKOes Rotom-W after Stealth Rock and a bit of chip damage. Rotom-W can be difficult to handle for Rain teams so I felt this investment was absolutely necessary. I added Psychic instead of Scald so Politoed can 2HKO Mega Venusaur after Stealth Rock. Everything else is standard. Ferrothorn is a must for all rain teams because it provides an array of resistances, most importantly Electric-, Dragon- and Grass-type resists. It also provides entry hazard support. I added Mega Swampert because it's extremely dangerous under Rain because of its power, bulk, and amazing ability Swift Swim. Mega Swamperts role is to punch holes in opposing teams early / mid-game to soften up things for Kingdra. It's also a shiny new mega forme that I wanted to test. Kingdra was added next because it's another Swift Swim abuser that can be dangerous if given the right support. I also wanted a Special Attacker and I couldn't find a Special Attacker that could abuse rain any better than Kingdra. I was fearful of Keldeo at this point so I added Latias to check it, along with a few other dangerous Fighting-types. This team doesn't really care about Stealth Rock so I decided against Defog Latias and went with 3 Attacks + Healing Wish. Healing Wish can provide Azumarill, Kingdra, or Mega Swampert with another opportunity to sweep. Finally, Azumarill was added to plug a few defensive holes. Azumarill is extremely powerful and one of its STABs is boosted by Politoeds rain, plus the team struggled with Dark- and Dragon-tyoes, so adding Azumarill was a no brainer. The team is fairly decent and it has helped me explore the meta so I decided to post it here so other users can use it to familiarize themselves with the metagame or test out Mega Swampert.

Last edited:
It's just delated due to PS! being down, and me being swirled up with school. It will be updated for sure :]

EDIT: For your team, you have to add an importable, btw.
Yeah mb, I put a pastebin link in the name but I suppose Thats not that easy to see. Fixed :]

TheEnder

a petal in the wind

Scizor (M) @ Scizorite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
- Swords Dance

Manaphy @ Leftovers
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Rain Dance
- Tail Glow

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Taunt
- Thunder Wave

EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Tomb
- U-turn
- Stealth Rock

Cobalion @ Leftovers
EVs: 140 HP / 116 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Taunt
- Volt Switch

Latios (M) @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Draco Meteor
- Trick
- Defog

I'm going to call it Volt-Turn simply for half the team utilizing it with a set up sweeper so call it whatever you would like. The new toy syndrome died out for myself so I went back to using what I felt would work in ORAS meta. I know I wanted to use M-Scizor cause I felt like it still did well in this meta with the ability to check threats such as M-Altaria, Unaware Clefable which I noticed an increase in, M-Gard, among some others with its offensive variant as a win con. Went speed > bulk to one up threats such as Jolly Bisharp and Adamant Diggersby as I felt it was more beneficial in this meta with a faster spread. I know I wanted to use Manaphy as well but wasn't too sure of the set I wanted to use. M-Sableye and M-Slowbro are very prominent on stall and gave me some trouble so I took it upon myself to work smarter and not harder. Originally had a Heart Swap set but as you may see from comments below and even in practice it became a bit situational, so I made the following changes suggested. Rain Dance for status removal on Manaphy and reduced fire damage for Cobalion and M-Scizor. Originally had Raikou for birdspam but I needed a check to Mega-Salamence as well, general offense, and set up sweepers so asked for some advice with the team from TheEnder on PS where we decided Volt Switch Thundurus would be a better fit. Taunt for stall-breaking utility paired with Cobalion's stall-breaking abilities and Volt Switch for added momentum. Lando-T is the rock setter and when paired with Thundurus helps with birdspam more consistently. Rock Tomb to slow down offensive switch ins and offense in general. Everything else is pretty standard. Cobalion was added last due to my weakness to Bisharp and another answer to stall, Clefable, and M-Gardevoir. Moveset is standard and pairs well with Thundurus as a stall-breaking core along with Volt Switch to maintain momentum. Used TrickScarf Defog Latios to improve my matchup against threats such as M-Lopunny, M-Aerodactyl, M-Sceptile, and all the really fast megas offense usually has. Team has a general weakness to threats such as Azumarill and Greninja for the most part along with Mamoswine however most issues that are apparent can be played around while consistently maintaining pressure through the volt turn portion of the team. Goal is to sweep with either M-Scizor or Manaphy depending on circumstances and or revenge kill threats until you've isolated your opponent into a disadvantageous matchup so not a whole lot else to say.

That's about it. If Volt-Turn is your thing you can go ahead and try this one out.

Edit: Edited to reflect suggestions below.
This was added, others are being processed.

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
ok, so we have decided to wipe the archive clean, and wait until mence gets banned before we take a stand on the current suggestions. becuase of the metagame changes, team structures will be very different, and thus adding teams would be kind of redundant. we will, however, add the currently suggested teams that we feel are deserving of being added, if they work nicely in a post-mence metagame. i hope you all understand the reasoning behind this decision n_n

ok, so we have decided to wipe the archive clean, and wait until mence gets banned before we take a stand on the current suggestions. becuase of the metagame changes, team structures will be very different, and thus adding teams would be kind of redundant. we will, however, add the currently suggested teams that we feel are deserving of being added, if they work nicely in a post-mence metagame. i hope you all understand the reasoning behind this decision n_n
Man, I'm stoked to use AM's team in the post-mence meta. It's chock-full of answers to stall (taunt x2 + trickscarf + RDTG Mana), while M-Scizor annihilates weakened offensive teams. Was feeling immensely frustrated at the early ORAS meta because I thought M-Sableye stall or Mega Mence HO were the only viable builds but this is a great example of controlling momentum w/ a balanced team and coming out on top versus either match-up.

EDIT:
The opposing Lopunny used Drain Punch!
It's super effective! Cobalion lost 65.9% of its health!
Cobalion had its energy drained!

Cobalion used Close Combat!
It's super effective! The opposing Lopunny lost 100% of its health!

Last edited:
Reactions: AM
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)