Official Smogon Fantasy Football PLAYOFF Thread (2014-15 Edition)

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
also highest score in da lee three weeks running, get at me

would be four but aldaron outscored me by a point four weeks ago and justin had something absurd like close to 180
I think I'm leading scorer 3 out of the last 4 weeks too or something similar. Did you have guys returning from injury + good waiver pickups to spur your turnaround? That's what happened to me!

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Well other than Ingram returning from injury, which was never a problem to begin with because I grabbed Robinson at the time anyway, not really. My team just finally started doing what it should've been doing all season. Helps I got rid of that bum LeSuck McLose, although funny since I traded for Dez and Mike Evans has gone fucking nuts (holy shit almost 90 points the past three weeks) my WR4 for the remainder of the season is going to be DeSean Jackson. WHAT DO WITH THIS DEPTH?

I'm coming for you, playoffs, and that elusive championship that has thus far eluded me in the past seven years of Smogon league. My team will probably choke like a bitch in the finals though, knowing my luck. If they don't start reverting to their first-four-weeks ways earlier, that is.

Last edited:

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
For me, it was the return of Megatron, picking up guys like Hillman, CJ Anderson and Tre Mason and having guys like Watkins and Mike Evans find some form! Love me some Evans, gonna be my MVP down the stretch possibly

cb aaron judge

ALL RISE
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
WHAT DO WITH THIS DEPTH?
in a similar situation now at wr in 1 particular league with gordon coming back (also have jeffery/beckham/wallace), was thinking about getting more rbs (only 3 reliable options atm and 2 are "studs"), but now i have allen injury to deal with at te, advice?

in a similar situation now at wr in 1 particular league with gordon coming back (also have jeffery/beckham/wallace), was thinking about getting more rbs (only 3 reliable options atm and 2 are "studs"), but now i have allen injury to deal with at te, advice?
in my PPR league i have Marshall/Calvin/Keenan/Colston/ShortsIII...with Gordon coming back this week. i'm stacked at every position though, so i'm just going to sit on all of them and laugh all the way through the playoffs.

TE is such a crapshoot unless you have Graham or Gronk. i have Julius in my PPR league and he got me 2 points last week. Kelce got me 1. Reed got me 2. Olsen got me 8. there's really just no telling.

if Rudolph is on waivers he's probably your best bet, or try to package a couple players for Julius or Olsen or someone like that.

About to claim standalone first place in League C. It looks like I only need one more win to secure a top seed and a first round bye.

Stallion

Tree Young
Damn rem eeking out a win. I'll remain in second but with a 149.86 point week, I had the highest score this week by 31 points and will have the most points for in the league. Coupled with a game against the guy who is in last place next week, I'll have a decent shot at getting the top seed. Top 2 is all I need for that first round bye though!

Nova

snitches get stitches
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Peterson coming back would have given me a ticket to the championship (Lynch, Charles, Peterson in a 12 team), still hoping for a return so I don't have to waste hours worrying about that league

Winning in Smog League B with the dynamic RB duo of Frank Gore and Bryce Brown

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Alshon Jeffery is my WR3. Ben Tate is released.

Today is a day of mixed feelings.

my league C team is 8th in points (only 18 points ahead of 10th), 45-76 in breakdown record (vs. every team every week), and 6-5 on the year. my three RBs are Jeremy Hill, Fred Jackson, and the now ex-RB Ben Tate.

this team is somehow 6-5.

related: someone please trade me a running back for one of Wallace/Roddy/Julio/Josh Gordon. pls :c

edit: oh I'm also starting oakland's tight end lol... I have crabtree or lafell as well to offer if someone wants to trade a TE for any WR???

my league C team is 8th in points (only 18 points ahead of 10th), 45-76 in breakdown record (vs. every team every week), and 6-5 on the year. my three RBs are Jeremy Hill, Fred Jackson, and the now ex-RB Ben Tate.

related: someone please trade me a running back for one of Wallace/Roddy/Julio/Josh Gordon. pls :c

edit: oh I'm also starting oakland's tight end lol... I have crabtree or lafell as well to offer if someone wants to trade a TE for any WR???
It's past the trade deadline

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Meanwhile 4th in league scoring with the most points against and an expected win total of 7-4 has me sitting 5-6...

Are there any other Gordon owners out there worried that he's just going to be a decoy this first game? I wouldn't be that surprised honestly.

Are there any other Gordon owners out there worried that he's just going to be a decoy this first game? I wouldn't be that surprised honestly.
Nah I'm betting he's gonna get a solid amount of targets. Even though he's just coming back, the Browns need some help for their passing game, and Gordon is the guy to do it. They'd be crazy not to go to him against a weak Atlanta secondary, even with it being his first game back.

going up against the #2 in my division this week, and it's going to be a shootout.

playoff hopes are still alive at 6-5 in my standard league. this guy hasn't set his line-up yet but he's got nothing on his bench so i should be good.

in my must-win game (for both of us) against a divisional opponent in my money league, he just traded Justin Forsett (his #2 RB) for Branden Oliver and Percy Harvin. he's starting Oliver and has Harvin on the bench (Julio/Watkins/ODB).

does he know something I don't ??? is Oliver going to shit on my championship dreams ?????

WaterBomb I have asked myself the same question. You'd think a guy like Travis Kelce would get a fair amount of points, yet he's misused by the Chiefs and brings in like 4 or 5 points a game in standard leagues. Vernon Davis has been horrific, Antonio Gates is very inconsistent, guys like Donnel and Cameron have only had 1 good game. It's just been a bad year for TEs not named Jimmy Graham in terms of fantasy, and even he put up a dud last week.

i rostered Latavius for a few weeks but had to cut him loose and go a different direction.

bout time the Raiders made use of him.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
WaterBomb I have asked myself the same question. You'd think a guy like Travis Kelce would get a fair amount of points, yet he's misused by the Chiefs and brings in like 4 or 5 points a game in standard leagues. Vernon Davis has been horrific, Antonio Gates is very inconsistent, guys like Donnel and Cameron have only had 1 good game. It's just been a bad year for TEs not named Jimmy Graham in terms of fantasy, and even he put up a dud last week.
Gronk gonna Gronk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)