[WIN] Eye of the Storm (Normal) - Arcanite + Frosty

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Unless your name is Arcanite, Frosty, Its_A_Random or zarator telling me off, do not post ITT until this challenge is done. Okay? Okay.

You arrive near the gate when the sun is already high in the sky. There seems to be a lot of movement in the quarters, with guards making haste from the courtyard to the barbarian warding the path leading to the top of the mountain. Suddenly, one of them spots you and runs to you quickly. "Hail, trainers. We were waiting for you. Please, this way". You follow uncertain the man up to the stone building close to the gate and wait as he knocks the door repeatedly. "The trainers are here, sir!", he tells with excited voice at the person on the other side of the door. Shortly after, what looks to be some kind of officer or commander opens the door and greets you warmly. "Welcome, trainers. The Champion is over there".
Near a rough wooden table, Lance was discussing over a map near a woman with blue hair and a fluent black cloak, but both turn their attention on you as soon as you enter the quarters. "You've come at the right time, trainers", says the champion with a smile. "We're planning our operation on the summit of Stormrage Mountain - ah, allow me to introduce you to Clair. She will lead this expedition". Once mentioned, you now recognize her as the Gym Leader of Blackthorn town.
"Nice to meet you, trainers", greets you the woman. "But we don't have time for presentations. The hour has come to reach the top of the mountain and put an end to this crisis".
"Well said, Clair", agrees Lance. "You must leave as soon as possible. How many guards do you need to bring with you?"
"None", replies the gym leader. "We can't afford to weaken our already scarce presence here. These two trainers and I will be more than enough".
"Very well, then", concluded the champion. "Good luck, guys".
Clair nods and then turns her eyes on you. "Let's go!"

The path slowly rises in circles, following the shape of the mountain. Strangely, the weather is really calm, more than it ever has been since your arrival at Stormrage Mountain. It does not take more than an hour before you reach the summit. "There we are", says Clair, looking around. "This is the highest echelon of the mountain". This rather large plateau is surrounded by several sharp peaks, but all in all it looks pretty barren. You wonder if what you're looking for is actually here or not. Even the gym leaders appears to be quite surprised.
"That's strange", comments Clair perplexed. "Maybe the legendary birds were the only cause for the altered weather?"
"Unlikely", tells one of you. "From what Lance said, while the mountain is calmer now, the surrounding regions are still affected by violent storms"
"You're right", agrees her. "I guess that, although inactive at the moment for some reason, the cause for the wild weather must lie somewhere around here".
"Superbly correct, milady".
The sudden, deep and cold voice cause you and Clair to turn around. A blonde man with an odd red eyeglass is slowly walking towards you, dressed in an ancient regal robe. You find his face familiar, but you can't recognize him. The same can't be said for Clair. "Ghetsis!"

"Welcome, vanguards of the New Dawn", greeted them the sage. "That's how you're called, isn't it?"
"You had been missing for ten years!", replied Clair astonished. "Why are you here?".
"The wheels of fate already started to spin again", explained Ghetsis, with an ample gesture of the arm. "The time for the Great Renewal is approaching. It is all part of the plan".
"You're completely mad", commented the gym leader. "What are you babbling about?"
"It is not necessary for you to know anymore. I am only a pawn, like Mewtwo", answered the man. "Whatever happens here matters little"
"Mewtwo?", repeated Clair. "Is he involved? That's impossible! This entire story is preposterous!".
"If you can't believe my words, how will you understand what your eyes are going to see?", asked Ghetsis, taking a strange wand from his robe and raising it above his head. The clouds above the mountain started to rumble menacingly. Then, two giant shades became slowly visible through the mist until they broke through the cloudscape.

Clair stares in fear at the sight of the two majestic birds, and so you do. "The might of elements... the means to cleanse this world for the Great Renewal", said Ghetsis in an ecstatic attitude. "All lies in my hands now... the wheels of fate are spinning before your very eyes!".
"Ghetsis, stop this!", shouts Clair, running towards him with a Poké Ball in her hand. But the sage points the wand towards her and summons a red lightning bolt, which strikes the ground beneath her and knocks her back, beyond the precipice.
"Clair!", you cry, terrified.
"Your fate runs short, trainers", commented Ghetsis with a malicious laugh. "But don't worry, the end of your brethren is just as nigh. Farewell!". And out from nowhere, he disappears in a lustering burst of red light, leaving you alone to face the two mythical creatures!

HP 600
Atk 6
Def 4
SpA 5
SpD 8
Spe 104
12% Accuracy boost

Ability: Regenerator (i.e. useless)

HP 600
Atk 4
Def 6
SpA 4
SpD 8
Spe 127
19% Accuracy boost

Ability: Multiscale

ARCANITE

Cyclohm (M) Cloud Strife

Musical Theme: Cloud Smiles

Nature:
Modest: +1 SpA, -1 Atk

Type: Electric/Dragon
Abilities: Shield Dust/Static/Overcoat (H)
Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 5 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 80
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 21

EC: 9/9
MC: 6
AC: 5/5

Attacks: (47)
Bide
Blizzard
Charge
Charge Beam
Discharge
Double Hit
Double Team
Dragon Pulse
Dragon Rage
Dragon Tail
DragonBreath
Electro Web
Flamethrower
Growl
Hail
Heal Bell
Hurricane
Hydro Pump
Hyper Beam
Ice Beam
Leer
Light Screen
Magnet Rise
Power Gem
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Sandstorm
Signal Beam
Slack Off
Sleep Talk
Sonicboom
Spark
Substitute
Sunny Day
Tackle
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Torment
Toxic
Tri attack
Twister
Volt Switch
Weather Ball
Whirlwind

Tyranitar (M) Titan

Nature:
Adamant:
+1 Atk, -1 Sp Attack

Type: Rock/Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream/Unnerve

Stats:
HP: 110
Atk: Rank 6 (+)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 2 (-)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 61
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6
Base Rank Total: 23

MC: 7
AC: 5/5

Attacks: (21)
Assurance
Bite
Bulldoze
Chip Away
Crunch
Dig
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Fire Fang
Ice Fang
Leer
Outrage
Payback
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Sandstorm
Scary Face
Screech
Stone Edge
Thrash
Thunder Fang
Thunder Wave

FROSTY

Rotom [Bellum]
Nature: Modest (+SpA, -Atk)

Type: Ghost/Electric

Stats:

HP: 90
Atk: Rank 2 (-1)
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 5(+1)
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 86
Size Class: 3
Weight Class: 4
Base Rank Total: 20

MC: 0

Abilities: Levitate

Attacks (53/53 - Movepool Maxed):
Astonish
Charge
Charge Beam
Confide
Confuse Ray
Dark Pulse
Discharge
Double Team
Dream Eater
Electro-Ball
Electroweb
Endure
Facade
Flash
Frustration
Hex
Hidden Power Grass
Hydro Pump
Light Screen
Mud-slap
Natural Gift
Ominous Wind
Overheat
Pain Split
Protect
Psych Up
Rain Dance
Reflect
Rest
Return
Round
Secret Power
Shadow Ball
Shock Wave
Signal Beam
Sleep Talk
Snatch
Snore
Spite
Substitute
Sucker Punch
Sunny Day
Swagger
Swift
Telekinesis
Thief
Thunder
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Thundershock
Toxic
Trick
Uproar
Volt Switch
Will-o-Wisp

Shadow Mend
Stratagem [Vaati] [-]

Modest (+1SpA, -1Atk)
Type: Rock
Abilities: Levitate/Technician/Mold Breaker (H) UNLOCKED

Stats:
HP: 100
Atk: Rank 1 (-)
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6 (+)
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 130
Size Class: 2
Weight Class: 3
Base Rank Total: 21

MC: 0
DC: 5/5

Attacks (55/71):
Acrobatics
Acupressure
Aerial Ace
Ancient Power
Confide
Dazzling Gleam
Defense Curl
Disable
Double-Edge
Double Team
Earth Power
Earthquake
Electro-Ball
Embargo
Endure
Energy Ball
Explosion
Flamethrower
Flash
Flash Cannon
Fire Blast
Giga Drain
Head Smash
Heat Wave
Hidden Power Flying
Hyper Beam
Magnet Rise
Magnetic Flux
Metal Sound
Mud Shot
Paleo Wave
Power Gem
Protect
Rain Dance
Rest
Rock Blast
Rock Polish
Rock Slide
Rock Tomb
Rollout
Sandstorm
Shadow Ball
Sleep Talk
Smack Down
Stealth Rock
Stone Edge
Substitute
Sunny Day
Swagger
Tackle
Toxic
Trick
Vacuum Wave
Volt Switch
Weather Ball

To Frosty, this is the final chance you can equip your items. If not, then you will go item-less for the encounter and you do not want that! ^_^

Also:

(Arena Roll {Erratic Weather} [1 (Sun)/2 (Rain)/3 (Hail)/4 (Clear)]: 4/4; Clear)
Erratic Weather: Clear (Field)

Frosty

=_=
Bellum/Rotom-W gets Light Clay and Glyph of Thunderbolt and Leppa Berry. And Wash Washer if it weren't clear enough.
Vaati/Stratagem gets Rare Candy and Glyph of Ancient Power and Enigma Berry.

I had something big written, but...well I lost it to make things short. So I will be brief.

I suggest strata "tanks" Ho-oH so we don't have eq around and rotom can heal it.

To avoid earthquake, I will use reflect and not light screen on Ttar. Ttar wil get Lugia's threat, so that is necessary to make eq so bad it wouldn't be worth it to use.

Payback and Power Gem are there because they deal twice as much threat. Also, because of payback, I feel no trick room is better. All our mons resist flying so I don't think we will have issues with fly or sky drop. Hopefully.

Suggestions:

Rotom-W: Reflect (all but rotom) - Light Screen (all but Ttar)
Stratagem: Power Gem (Ho-oH) - Ancient Power (Ho-oH)

Cyclohm: Charge - Thundershock (Lugia)
Ttar: Payback (Lugia) - Bite (Lugia)

With this start and optimal orders, my calcs say that we defeat Lugia in 5 rounds (including this one) and Ho-oH in 4-5 rounds depending on Rotom's commitment and the number of rains (read: thunder) we get. Also, that number may be bumped to 6 if Stone Edge/Rock Slide aren't nice to us. Well...our fault for not packing gravity, I suppose....

Let's see how things go.

Last edited:
'It feels like I have been here before....... No Matter, we must defeat these birds!'

'Cloud, Titan - Come to my aid!'

'Where is Sephiroth? He must be behind all of this!'
'I Don't think so. I think it's that creepy guy in the cape, Dennis, I think he was called?'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Charge > Thundershock (Lugia)
Titan the Tyranitar: Payback (Lugia) > Bite (Lugia)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND ONE

The Stratagem kicks off the raid with a bang, firing off a powerful rock beam that dealt a critical hit as the two birds respond. The Lugia fires a cold beam of ice at the Cyclohm to make it use up part of its Enigma Berry and the Ho-Oh taking in sunlight. The Rotom then fires up a protective barrier for its team-mates as the Cyclohm started to charge up electricity. The Tyranitar then smacks the Lugia with a powerful blow that succeeds in grabbing its attention as the Ho-Oh lets loose, blasting the Stratagem that attacked it with a beam of light (and making it eat up a bit of its Enigma Berry).

The Stratagem then retaliates, striking the Ho-Oh with powerful rocks that raise its stats (oh god) as the Lugia fires a multi-coloured beam to deal damage to the Tyranitar (who eats up some of his Enigma Berry). The Ho-Oh then taps into the sunlight again as the Rotom fires up another protective barrier, protecting everyone but the Tyranitar. The Cyclohm then fires a weak jolt of electricity at the Lugia to power up his matrix as the Tyranitar bites on the Lugia to deal damage. Then of course, the Ho-Oh makes the Stratagem eat up the last of its Enigma Berry after blasting it with another beam of light. You then notice stones to start falling from the clouds that have covered the sun up. At least this means the Stratagem will not be taking as much damage as this round.

TEAM STATS
[
1][
1/8] | HP/EN: 104 / 91 | Buffs/De-Buffs: +1 Sp. Defence, Reflect (7a), Light Screen (8a), Charge (5a) / N/A
CS (M) @ Twisted Matrix + Enigma Berry + Glyph of Light Screen
Typing
: Electric / Dragon
Abilities: Shield Dust / Static / Overcoat
Stats: 1 / 5 / 5 / 3 / 80
SC/WC/BRT: 4 / 4 / 21
Item Boosts: +1 Matrix Charge per Electric/Normal/Psychic/Steel attack, +3 BAP and +5% Acc to Electric-, Normal-, Psychic-, and Steel-type attacks per charge, lose all charges when no charge gained for action, +10 HP when hit by Super Effective attack, Light Screen targets whole party.

[
1/8] | HP/EN: 110 / 90 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (7a) / N/A
Titan (M) @ Bulwark of Impenetrable Darkness + Enigma Berry + Glyph of Rock Slide
Typing
: Rock / Dark
Abilities: Sand Stream / Unnerve
Stats: 6 / 4 / 2 / 6 / 61
SC/WC/BRT: 4 / 6 / 23
Item Boosts: +5 BAP Dark-type attacks, +2 Sp. Defence Rank, -3 EN Taunt, +10 HP when hit by Super Effective attack, +1 BAP No Spread Penalty and +10% Acc Rock Slide

[
1/8] | HP/EN: 90 / 80 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (8a) / N/A
Bellum (-) @ Light Clay + Leppa Berry + Glyph of Thunderbolt
Typing
: Electric / Water
Stats: 2 / 4 / 5 / 4 / 86
SC/WC/BRT: 3 / 4 / 20
Item Boosts: +3a Light Screen/Reflect, +1 Def Stage Barrier, +2r Safeguard, +10 EN when EN <= 25, -50% Threat Thunderbolt

| HP/EN: 82 / 91 | Buffs/De-Buffs: +1 Attack, +1 Defence, +1 Sp. Attack, +1 Sp. Defence, +1 Speed, Reflect (7a), Light Screen (8a) / N/A
Vaati (-) @ Rare Candy + Enigma Berry + Glyph of Ancient Power
Typing
: Rock
Abilities: Levitate / Technician / Mould Breaker
Stats: 1 / 3 / 7 / 3 / 228
SC/WC/BRT: 2 / 3 / 21
Item Boosts: +1 Sp. Attack rank, +2 BAP Rock-type Attacks, 30% Secondary Effect Ancient Power

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 537 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy / N/A
Ho-Oh
Typing
: Fire / Flying
Abilities: Regenerator
Stats: 6 / 4 / 5 / 8 / 104
SC/WC: 5 / 5

| HP: 570 | Boosts/Status: +19% Accuracy / N/A
Lugia
Typing
: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: Multiscale
Stats: 4 / 6 / 4 / 8 / 127
SC/WC: 6 / 6

FIELD EFFECTS
Hail

THREAT LISTS + CALCULATIONS
Threshold: 127
Threshold: 51

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
Vaati used Power Gem (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 48/10000; Yes)
> > >((10 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 34 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(6 - 1) = 5 EN, +(34 + 34) = 68 Threat (Ho-Oh), Gains Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

Lugia used Ice Beam (CS)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4125/10000; No)
> > >((9 [BAP] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 16 DMG (CS)

Enigma Berry: +10 HP, -1 Use

Ho-Oh is taking in sunlight!

Bellum used Reflect (CS | Titan | Vaati)!
> > >Reflect (9a) (CS, Titan, Vaati)
> > >-10 EN (Bellum)

CS used Charge!
> > >Charge (6a), +1 Sp. Defence, -(8 - 1) = 7 EN (CS)

Titan used Payback (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3346/10000; No)
> > >(((15 [BAP + BOID] + 3 [STAB]) × 1.5 [SE]) ÷ 2 [Multiscale]) = 14 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +(14 + 14) = 28 Threat (Lugia), Gains Threat (Lugia) (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Solar Beam (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 2007/10000; No)
> > >((12 [BAP] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 23 DMG (Vaati)

Enigma Berry: +10 HP, -1 Use
---
ACTION TWO
Vaati used Ancient Power (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 5097/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 1287/10000; Yes)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 29 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-4 EN, +1 Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, +29 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

Lugia used Signal Beam (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 5843/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Confusion} [<=1000]: 4971/10000; No)
> > >((8 [BAP] - 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 8 DMG (Titan)

Enigma Berry: +8 HP, -1 Use

Bellum used Light Screen (CS | Bellum | Vaati)!
> > >Light Screen (9a) (CS, Bellum, Vaati)
> > >-10 EN (Bellum)

CS used Thunder Shock (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7097/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 7201/10000; No)
> > >(((7 [BAP + Charge] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) ÷ 2 [Multiscale]) = 5 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(3 - 1) = 2 EN, +1 Matrix Charge (1), +5 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

Titan used Bite (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4398/10000; No)
> > >(((11 [BAP + BOID] + 3 [STAB]) × 1.5 [SE]) ÷ 2 [Multiscale]) = 11 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(4 - 1) = 3 EN, +11 Threat (Lugia) (Titan)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4354/10000; No)
> > >((8 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] - 2 [Stat Diff]) = 15 DMG (Vaati)

Enigma Berry: +10 HP, Consumed

Multiscale: Broken

(Arena Roll {Erratic Weather} [1 (Sun)/2 (Rain)/3 (Hail)/4 (Clear)]: 3/4; Hail)
Erratic Weather: Hail (Field)
---
END ROUND

Frosty

=_=
I can swear I saw "9 actions" on charge ._.

eh.

Stratagem: Paleo Wave (Lugia) - Ancient Power (Lugia)
Rotom: Thunderbolt (Lugia) - Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

Suggestions said:
Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Lugia) - Volt Switch (Lugia)
Tyranitar: Payback (Lugia) - Crunch (Lugia)

Hail is a great weather. While 3/4 of our mons lose 4hp. Solarbeam is weakened, Weather ball isn't a problem and Twin Storms, while irritating, will only deal considerable damage to Cyclohm, which won't have threat on this entire battle, so it is good. Would be bad if twin storms were water-typed. Now that would be devastating ._.. Although rain = thunder, so hey silver lining.

This action set deals 151.75hp of damage. Which is more than enough to keep our time schedule going with some leeway here and there. Of the offensive dudes, Ttar uses 11en, Cyclohm uses 10en, Stratagem uses 10en. Said En costs will maintain when we shift to Ho-oH (the only change in moves will be for Ttar, which will shift to stone miss and rock slide). So it means that Ttar will have to chill once, while Cyclohm and Stratagem won't need to chill at all (which is lovely). Rotom will chill like a mad man due to Shadow Mend, but we have enough space to do so anyway. With Twisted Matrix getting 3 charges next turn, we will be able to net the same damage without the need for rotom attacking.

All in all, we are looking good somewhat. All those solarbeams on Stratagem worries me a bit, but it should be manageable. Let's see how Twin Storms go before continuing with our strategy. It can happen every 3-6 actions, so it may happen this or on the next round. If it happens next round, we have 25% chance of it being devastating (Rain), 25% chance of it being average (Hail) and 50% chance of being lovely (clear or sun).

Arcanite

'Fight On!'

'THUNDAGA!'
'Rargh'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Lugia) - Volt Switch (Lugia)
Titan the Tyranitar: Payback (Lugia) - Crunch (Lugia)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND TWO

The Stratagem fires a powerful wave of ancient energy at the Ho-Oh to start denting it as the Ho-Oh and Lugia fly into the air. Before you knew it, the entire raid was being battered by several hurricanes of ice! As the two came back down, the Rotom and Cyclohm fire bolts of lightning at the Lugia to deal damage while the Tyranitar smacks the Lugia with a powerful blow.

After taking damage from hail, the Stratagem continues to attack by firing rocks at the Lugia and then getting the benefits of it once more (oh god)! The Lugia retaliates by firing a red beam at the Tyranitar to drain some health as the Ho-Oh, glaring at the Stratagem, mauls the rocky creature with a powerful strike! The Rotom sees the Stratagem in danger and heals it while the Cyclohm makes the bright decision to hit and run the Lugia with electricity, resetting its boosts and eliminating its charge. After the Tyranitar chomps down on the Lugia, most Pokémon took more damage from the weather before the hail stopped... And then precipitation ensued. Looks like somebody is going to be spamming Thunder... -.-'

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 101 / 81 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (5a), Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +1 Matrix Charge per Electric/Normal/Psychic/Steel attack, +3 BAP and +5% Acc to Electric-, Normal-, Psychic-, and Steel-type attacks per charge, lose all charges when no charge gained for action, Light Screen targets whole party.

| HP/EN: 99 / 79 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (5a) / N/A
Titan (M) @ Bulwark of Impenetrable Darkness + Enigma Berry + Glyph of Rock Slide
Typing
Item Boosts: +5 BAP Dark-type attacks, +2 Sp. Defence Rank, -3 EN Taunt, +1 BAP No Spread Penalty and +10% Acc Rock Slide

[
1/8] | HP/EN: 80 / 60 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +3a Light Screen/Reflect, +1 Def Stage Barrier, +2r Safeguard, +10 EN when EN <= 25, -50% Threat Thunderbolt

| HP/EN: 76 / 81 | Buffs/De-Buffs: +2 Attack, +2 Defence, +2 Sp. Attack, +2 Sp. Defence, +2 Speed, Reflect (5a), Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing
Stats: 1 / 3 / 7 / 3 / 325
Item Boosts: +1 Sp. Attack rank, +2 BAP Rock-type Attacks, 30% Secondary Effect Ancient Power

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 533 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy / N/A
Ho-Oh
Typing

| HP: 417 | Boosts/Status: +19% Accuracy / N/A
Lugia
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Rain

Threshold: 153

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
Vaati used Paleo Wave (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 2493/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 2 [Stat Diff]) = 22 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +22 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Ho-Oh and Lugia used Twin Storm!
>>> > > >((6.667 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] - 2 [Stat Diff]) = 13 DMG (CS)
>>> > > >(10 [BAP] - 1.5 [Rank Diff]) = 9 DMG (Titan)
>>> > > >((6.667 [BAP + LS] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) ÷ 1.5 [NVE]) = 6 DMG (Bellum)
>>> > > >(6.667 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff] - 2 [Stat Diff]) = 8 DMG (Vaati)

Bellum used Thunderbolt (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9793/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 6378/10000; No)
> > >((9 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +(13 ÷ 2) = 7 Threat (Lugia) (Bellum)

CS used Thunderbolt (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 974/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 7531/10000; No)
> > >((15 [BAP + Charge + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 22 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +1 Matrix Charge (2), +22 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3938/10000; No)
> > >((15 [BAP + BOID] + 3 [STAB]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 27 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +(27 + 27) = 54 Threat (Lugia) (Titan)

-2 HP (Hail)
---
ACTION TWO
Vaati used Ancient Power (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 1614/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 579/10000; Yes)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 2 [Stat Diff]) = 22 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-4 EN, +1 Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed, +22 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia used Giga Drain (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7567/10000; No)
> > >+(8 ÷ 2) = 4 HP (Lugia)

Ho-Oh used Punishment (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 8575/10000; No)
> > >(13.333 [BAP + Reflect] + 4.5 [Rank Diff] - 4 [Stat Diff]) = 14 DMG (Vaati)

Bellum used Shadow Mend (Vaati)!
> > >+20 HP (Vaati)
> > >-14 EN, +20 Threat (Ho-Oh, Lugia) (Bellum)

CS used Volt Switch (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6045/10000; No)
> > >((16 [BAP + Charge + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 23 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(5 - 1) = 4 EN, +1 Matrix Charge (3), Stats and Charge reset, +23 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

Titan used Crunch (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 1329/10000; No)
> > >((13 [BAP + BOID] + 3 [STAB]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 24 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(6 - 1) = 5 EN, +24 Threat (Lugia) (Titan)

-2 HP (Hail)

(Arena Roll {Erratic Weather} [1 (Sun)/2 (Rain)/3 (Hail)/4 (Clear)]: 2/4; Rain)
Erratic Weather: Rain (Field)
---
END ROUND

'This is going ok, we just need to keep going.'

'Shocking!'
'Crushing!'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Lugia) - Thunder (Lugia)

Suggestions said:
Unless the Thunder's mess up your energy planning?
Rotom:
Thunder (Lugia) - Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

Frosty

=_=
Rotom: Thunder (Lugia) - Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

Thunder means that Cyclohm will have to chill once, unless we use thundershock against HooH. Still, we need to defeat Lugia asap, so thunder may help us getting rid of it earlier in round 5. The round doesn't end when Lugia is defeated, so it is a bonus either way.

(and the paralysis chance sure helps)

also derp on volt switch ._.. Sorry!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND THREE

The Stratagem opens with a powerful blast of energy at the Lugia for a lot of damage as the Lugia fires a powerful ball of water at the Tyranitar. The Ho-Oh then glares at the Stratagem before mauling it with a powerful strike as the Rotom launched a powerful bolt of lightning at the Lugia, zapping it considerably. The Cyclohm then fires a bolt of lightning at the Lugia which strikes it critically as the Tyranitar whacks the Lugia, dealing some powerful damage.

The Stratagem continues to attack, firing rocks at the Lugia which does not proc this time (thank goodness)! The Lugia is hurt by the series of blows and retaliates by charging at the Tyranitar with a watery attack that strikes critically! To make things worse, the Ho-Oh then fires a powerful ball of water that strikes the Stratagem critically as well! After taking significant damage from the blow, the Rotom tends to the Stratagem by healing its wounds as the Cyclohm let rip a powerful bolt of lightning at the Lugia! After that, the Tyranitar follows up by chomping on the Lugia to finish the round's attacking. The Lugia took significant damage this round but as you look up, it seems like the hail stones have returned once more!

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 101 / 68 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (3a), Light Screen (4a) / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +1 Matrix Charge per Electric/Normal/Psychic/Steel attack, +3 BAP and +5% Acc to Electric-, Normal-, Psychic-, and Steel-type attacks per charge, lose all charges when no charge gained for action, Light Screen targets whole party.

| HP/EN: 63 / 67 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (3a) / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +5 BAP Dark-type attacks, +2 Sp. Defence Rank, -3 EN Taunt, +1 BAP No Spread Penalty and +10% Acc Rock Slide

[
1/8] | HP/EN: 80 / 39 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (4a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 53 / 71 | Buffs/De-Buffs: +1 Attack, +1 Defence, +1 Sp. Attack, +1 Sp. Defence, +1 Speed, Reflect (3a), Light Screen (4a) / N/A
Typing
Stats: 1 / 3 / 7 / 3 / 228

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 533 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy / N/A
Ho-Oh
Typing

| HP: 242 | Boosts/Status: +19% Accuracy / N/A
Lugia
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Hail

Threshold: 254

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 1333/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 4 [Stat Diff]) = 24 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +24 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia used Weather Ball (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 5011/10000; No)
> > >((13 [BAP + Rain] - 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 15 DMG (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Punishment (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 1374/10000; No)
> > >(13.333 [BAP + Reflect] + 4.5 [Rank Diff] - 4 [Stat Diff]) = 14 DMG (Vaati)

Bellum used Thunder (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6967/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=3000]: 4337/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 16 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(8 - 1) = 7 EN, +16 Threat (Lugia) (Bellum)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 158/10000; Yes)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 8069/10000; No)
> > >((18 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 31 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +31 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9219/10000; No)
---
ACTION TWO
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6984/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 4481/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 4 [Stat Diff]) = 24 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-4 EN, +24 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia used Waterfall (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 398/10000; Yes)
> > >(Effect Roll {Flinch} [<=2000]: 8869/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + Rain] + 3 [Crit]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 21 DMG (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Weather Ball (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 152/10000; Yes)
> > >((13 [BAP + Rain] + 3 [Crit] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 29 DMG (Vaati)

> > >+20 HP (Vaati)

CS used Thunder (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3184/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=3000]: 3323/10000; No)
> > >((20 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 29 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(8 - 1) = 7 EN, +29 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 1347/10000; No)

-1 Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed

---
END ROUND

'Just keep going.......'

'THUNDAGA!'
'Rargh'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Lugia) - Volt Switch (Lugia)

Frosty

=_=
As I said, rain for us is simply awful.

Anyway, carry on.

Rotom: Thundershock (Lugia) - Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

This deals around 149hp of damage including hail. Next round we will deal around 93hp of damage with Payback + Paleo Wave + Thunderbolt + Ancient Power, so Lugia will fall next round before it can attack A2.

The two crits were really awful and we may have to do something to prevent stratagem from meeting doom too early. I am considering having ttar taunting HooH A2 next round. At least it can take hits better than Stratagem...even though Earthquake will become a possibility...which is bad.

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND FOUR

The Stratagem opens with a ray of energy that strikes the Lugia critically as the two birds fly up into the sky, before pelting the raid with cold hurricanes. As the two birds returned to normal ground, the Rotom fires a weak jolt of electricity at the Lugia for laughable damage while the Cyclohm fires a bolt of lightning at the Lugia for way more damage. The Tyranitar then smacks the Lugia to deal more damage to it.

As almost everyone takes hail damage, the Stratagem attacks the Lugia once more with a bunch of rocks that strike the Lugia critically again as the Lugia retailiates with a powerful, multi-coloured beam at the Tyranitar. The Ho-Oh then takes forever to take in sunlight (._.) as the Rotom fires a friendly heal the Stratagem's way. After the Cyclohm makes another electrical attack at the Lugia and the Tyranitar chomps on the Lugia once more, the Ho-Oh finally lets loose a "powerful" beam of light at the Stratagem for not much damage. The Lugia looks critical now as almost everyone takes more hail damage, as the hailstorm ends and another downpour begins! The Stratagem and the Tyranitar groan at this development.

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 86 / 58 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (1a), Light Screen (2a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 42 / 56 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (1a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 70 / 34 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (2a) / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +3a Light Screen/Reflect, +1 Def Stage Barrier, +2r Safeguard, -50% Threat Thunderbolt

| HP/EN: 52 / 61 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Reflect (1a), Light Screen (2a) / N/A
Typing
Stats: 1 / 3 / 7 / 3 / 130

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 529 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy / N/A
Ho-Oh
Typing

| HP: 78 | Boosts/Status: +19% Accuracy / N/A
Lugia
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Rain

Threshold: 355

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 206/10000; Yes)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 2 [Stat Diff]) = 26 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +26 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Ho-Oh and Lugia used Twin Storm!
>>> > > >((6.667 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 15 DMG (CS)
>>> > > >(10 [BAP] - 1.5 [Rank Diff]) = 9 DMG (Titan)
>>> > > >((6.667 [BAP + LS] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) ÷ 1.5 [NVE]) = 6 DMG (Bellum)
>>> > > >(6.667 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff] - 2 [Stat Diff]) = 8 DMG (Vaati)

Bellum used Thunder Shock (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 2388/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 1879/10000; No)
> > >((6 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 8 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(3 - 1) = 2 EN, +8 Threat (Lugia) (Bellum)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7696/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 1186/10000; No)
> > >((18 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 26 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +26 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3000/10000; No)

-2 HP (Hail)
---
ACTION TWO
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 135/10000; Yes)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 8906/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] + 2 [Stat Diff]) = 26 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-4 EN, +26 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia used Signal Beam (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4882/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Confusion} [<=1000]: 5672/10000; No)

> > >+20 HP (Vaati)

Leppa Berry: +10 EN, Consumed

CS used Volt Switch (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6464/10000; No)
> > >((16 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 23 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(5 - 1) = 4 EN, +23 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 2007/10000; No)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4227/10000; No)
> > >((4 [BAP + Hail + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE] - 2 [Stat Diff]) = 9 DMG (Vaati)

-2 HP (Hail)

-1 Attack, Defence, Sp. Attack, Sp. Defence, Speed

---
END ROUND

Frosty

=_=
*sigh*

Bloody Rain.

Rotom: Shadow Mend (Stratagem) - Chill

suggestions said:
Tyranitar: Payback (Lugia) - Crunch (Lugia)
IF
Lugia is KO'd THEN Rock Slide Ho-oH
Cyclohm: Thundershock (Lugia) - Thunder (Lugia)
IF
Lugia is KO'd THEN Redirect towards Ho-oH
Paleo Wave + Ancient Power + Payback + Thundershock defeat Lugia, which means that Ho-oH should receive a Rock Slide and a Thunder.

Rotom is Healing Stratagem right away because, according to my calcs, there is a small possibility (involves either 2 crits on weather ball or lugia not having hydro pump on its movepool and having surf and surf being selected, together with two weather balls) of Stratagem falling and, since we REALLY REALLY REALLY don't want that, shadow mending right away is required.

TBH Shadow mend may just postpone doom. BUT it gives us time to adapt. For example, if rain is picked next round, then Stratagem will have to endure and Tyranitar will have to take threat. But if the weather is something else, we may not have to do that. Also depends on what happens here.

Rock Slide and Thunder deals around 56hp of damage, leaving Ho-oH with 473hp. Stratagem + Cyclohm+Rock Slide deals 129.125hp of damage. If Stone Edge hits that number goes to 161hp, which is enough to KO Ho-oH in 3 rounds (other than this one). And if worse comes to worse we can have ttar use payback or crunch and settle at 4 rounds at a more reliable pace, given that the extra damage may compensate for the odd turns we may have to taunt and endure and stuff like that.

Or not. For now, let's try defeating Lugia and damaging Ho-oH without losing stratagem. That would be lovely.

Arcanite

Titan the Tyranitar: Payback (Lugia) > Crunch (Lugia)
IF Lugia is KO'd THEN Rock Slide Ho-oH
Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thundershock (Lugia) > Thunder (Lugia)
IF Lugia is KO'd THEN Redirect towards Ho-oH

At least the rain isn't in the Twin Storms rounds!

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND FIVE

The Stratagem continues its offence by hammering the Lugia with a powerful wave as the Lugia hammers the Tyranitar with an aquatic charge. The Ho-Oh then fires a read beam at the Stratagem to drain some health as the Rotom goes into the red for energy, healing the Stratagem. The Cyclohm and Tyranitar combine their efforts with the Cyclohm firing a weak bolt of lightning at the Lugia and the Tyranitar smacking the Lugia with a powerful punch.

After one final rocky blast from the Stratagem, the Lugia finally falls! As the Lugia fell however, all of its dark energy went into Ho-Oh and the place got a lot darker. Suddenly you can hear a voice in your head:

GIVE IT ALL YOU CHAMPIONS, FINISH IT! KILL ME OR YOU WILL NEVER SEE DAYLIGHT AGAIN!

With the dark energy from the Lugia empowering the bird, the Ho-Oh fires another red beam at the Stratagem, draining life force from it to recover health. As the Rotom chills out, the Cyclohm zaps the Ho-Oh with a powerful bolt of lightning and the Tyranitar pelts the Ho-Oh with a barrage of rocks. With one bird remaining, this is starting to get a little bit easier for the raid. But with the protective screens faltering and the rain persisting, this will not be an easy fight for our two heroes.

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 86 / 49 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 29 / 45 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 70 / 28 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing
Item Boosts: +3a Light Screen/Reflect, +1 Def Stage Barrier, +2r Safeguard, -50% Threat Thunderbolt

| HP/EN: 46 / 51 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 485 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy, Shroud of the Night / N/A
Ho-Oh
Typing
Stats: 6 / 5 / 5 / 9 / 104

| HP: KO | Boosts/Status: +19% Accuracy / N/A
Lugia
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Rain

Threshold: 426

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 8464/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 20 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +20 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia used Waterfall (Titan)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3866/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Flinch} [<=2000]: 9678/10000; No)
> > >(8.333 [BAP + Rain] × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Giga Drain (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3401/10000; No)
> > >((5.333 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Vaati)
> > >+(13 ÷ 2) = 7 HP (Ho-Oh)

> > >+20 HP (Vaati)
> > >-(14 + 4) = 18 EN, +20 Threat (Ho-Oh, Lugia) (Bellum)

CS used Thunder Shock (Lugia)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 8093/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 9876/10000; No)
> > >((13 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 3.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 19 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-(3 - 1) = 2 EN, +19 Threat (Lugia) (CS)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 2240/10000; No)

Reflect: Faded
---
ACTION TWO
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9596/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 9977/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 1 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 20 DMG (Lugia)
> > >-4 EN, +20 Threat (Lugia) (Vaati)

Lugia Fainted!

Shroud of the Night: +1 Def Rank, +1 Sp. Def Rank

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9517/10000; No)
> > >((5.333 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Vaati)
> > >+(13 ÷ 2) = 7 HP (Ho-Oh)

Bellum chilled out!
> > >+12 EN (Bellum)

CS used Thunder (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4133/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=3000]: 8111/10000; No)
> > >((20 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 28 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(8 - 1) = 7 EN, +28 Threat (Ho-Oh) (CS)

Titan used Rock Slide (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9549/10000; No)
> > >((9 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 30 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(6 - 1) = 5 EN, +30 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Titan)

Light Screen: Faded

---
END ROUND

'One Down, one to go....'

'THUNDAGA!'
'Rargh'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Ho-oh) > Thunder (Ho-oh)
Titan the Tyranitar: Stone Edge (Ho-oh) > Rock Slide (Ho-oh)

I think Stratagem should keep threat for the time being. Eaerthquake will be more problematic than what we have now, and Tyranitar is too low on HP to tank IMO. Screens and Healing this round?

Frosty

=_=
*crosses fingers*

Stratagem: Paleo Wave (Ho-oH) - Ancient Power (Ho-oH)
Rotom: Shadow Mend (Stratagem) - Light Screen (all but Rotom)

Fuck you weather ball. And rain.

If Stone Edge hits, Ho-oH will have about 313hp. Which is a good number. But if the weather keeps being rain, Stratagem may fall, and then things will get a bit trickier to get by....

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND SIX

As the Stratagem fires another wave of energy at the Ho-Oh, the Ho-Oh bites back with a powerful ball of water that deals devestating damage; a critical hit that the raid does not need. The Rotom proceeds to immediately heal the Stratagem of its wounds as the Cyclohm and Tyranitar pelt the Ho-Oh with electrical and rocky blows.

The Stratagem continues to attack with another rocky attack on the Ho-Oh, who retaliates with another red beam at the Stratagem, draining health from the rocky construct. The Rotom sees no screens as bad danger so it restores the protective screens as the Cyclohm fires a bolt of lightning that finally paralyses the phoenix. To round off the round, the Tyranitar fires a barrage of rocks at the Ho-Oh as the rain finally stopped for once.

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 86 / 36 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (8a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 29 / 34 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (8a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 70 / 4 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 20 / 41 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (8a) / N/A
Typing

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 324 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy, Shroud of the Night / Paralysis (5a)
Ho-Oh
Typing
Stats: 6 / 5 / 5 / 9 / 27

FIELD EFFECTS
N/A

Threshold: 197

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
Vaati used Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7302/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 2 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 27 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +27 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

Ho-Oh used Weather Ball (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 305/10000; Yes)
> > >((13 [BAP + Rain] + 3 [Crit] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 29 DMG (Vaati)

> > >+20 HP (Vaati)
> > >-14 EN, +20 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Bellum)

CS used Thunderbolt (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 9265/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=1000]: 8116/10000; No)
> > >((18 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 25 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +25 Threat (Ho-Oh) (CS)

Titan used Stone Edge (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Hit Roll [<=8000]: 2314/10000; Yes)
> > >(Crit Roll [<=1250]: 8360/10000; No)
> > >((10 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 33 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +33 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Titan)
---
ACTION TWO
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6638/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 9974/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 2 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 27 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-4 EN, +27 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 5599/10000; No)
> > >((8 [BAP] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 17 DMG (Vaati)
> > >+(17 ÷ 2) = 9 HP (Ho-Oh)

Bellum used Light Screen (CS | Bellum | Vaati)!
> > >Light Screen (9a) (CS, Bellum, Vaati)
> > >-10 EN (Bellum)

CS used Thunder (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6909/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {Paralysis} [<=3000]: 1980/10000; Yes)
> > >((20 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 28 DMG, Paralysis (6a) (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(8 - 1) = 7 EN, +28 Threat (Ho-Oh) (CS)

Titan used Rock Slide!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4504/10000; No)

(Arena Roll {Erratic Weather} [1 (Sun)/2 (Rain)/3 (Hail)/4 (Clear)]: 4/4; Clear)
Erratic Weather: Clear (Field)
---
END ROUND

Frosty

=_=
We have two choices: we can either risk the crit and deal more damage or play safe and not lose Stratagem this round and hope that good rolls of moves and weather make Stratagem last longer.

I am conservative, so I am going with number 2. But do pitch in pls.

Stratagem: Protect - Ancient Power (Ho-oH)
Rotom: Chill - Shadow Mend (Stratagem)

Tyranitar: Stone Edge (Ho-oH) - Rock Slide (Ho-oH)
Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Ho-oH) - Volt Switch (Ho-oH)
ASSUMING NO FUCKING GIGA DRAIN, Ho-oH should be stuck with around 187hp. On the round after that if we get REALLY lucky this round, Stratagem may be able to get two attacks in before falling, which means that ho-oh ends next round with 24hp. So we should be fine. Also we are good on energy.

That paralysis was really great btw.

Arcanite

'We are very close team.'

'Sweet, then I can have a nap!'
'Knowing your naps we had better finish quick!'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Ho-oh) > Volt Switch (Ho-oh)
Titan the Tyranitar: Stone Edge (Ho-oh) > Rock Slide (Ho-oh)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND SEVEN

The Stratagem throws up a protective barrier to defend itself to begin with as the Rotom takes a break to replenish its forces. The Cyclohm and Tyranitar then continue to pound the Ho-Oh with their attacks as the Ho-Oh fires a red beam at the Stratagem, only to be blocked by the protective barrier.

The Stratagem then pounds the Ho-Oh with rocks as the Rotom heals up the Stratagem. After more attacks from the Ho-Oh and the Tyranitar, the increasingly bruised Ho-Oh takes in sunlight and then fires a powerful beam to deal damage to the Stratagem. The cloud cover returns and this time, a hailstorm is happening. Could be worse, right?

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 86 / 26 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 29 / 23 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 70 / 2 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 23 / 25 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (6a) / N/A
Typing

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 187 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy, Shroud of the Night / Paralysis (3a)
Ho-Oh
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Hail

Threshold: 232

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
Vaati used Protect!
> > >Protect (1a), -7 EN (Vaati)

Bellum chilled out!
> > >+12 EN (Bellum)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 3926/10000; No)

Titan used Stone Edge (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Hit Roll [<=8000]: 2484/10000; Yes)
> > >(Crit Roll [<=1250]: 8455/10000; No)
> > >((10 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 33 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +33 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Titan)

> > >((5.333 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Blocked), -(13 ÷ 2.5) = 5 EN (Vaati)

IAR Note: Assuming it hits the Protecting mon and not transferring to next target which would be Tyranitar.
---
ACTION TWO
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7045/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 3454/10000; No)
> > >-4 EN, +27 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

> > >+20 HP (Vaati)
> > >-14 EN, +20 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Bellum)

CS used Volt Switch (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 6815/10000; No)
> > >((16 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 22 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(5 - 1) = 4 EN, +22 Threat (Ho-Oh) (CS)

Titan used Rock Slide!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 8736/10000; No)

Ho-Oh took in sunlight!

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 7774/10000; No)
> > >((8 [BAP + LS] + 3 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 17 DMG (Vaati)

---
END ROUND

Frosty

=_=
Rotom: Chill - Chill
Stratagem: Ancient Power - Paleo Wave (both at Ho-oH)

The only way Stratagem doesn't make to A2 is if ho-oh rolls giga drain AND it gets a crit. Given that quite a few moves should get to the slate I feel it is safe to take that specific risk. Ancient Power is used twice because hey it might get a boost and increase paleo wave's output?

For Ttar there are two choices: continue with Stone Edge and Rock Slide, risk a miss on stone edge and get Ho-oH to about 19hp and end next round with one attack. Or use Crunch (Payback is only good if ttar moves last which isn't the case) instead of Stone Edge, drop Ho-oH to about 35hp and win next round with 2 attacks (Rock Slide and Thunderbolt deal a total of 55hp, should it should confortably get the job done...and our en allows that). Since ho-oh is slower due to paralysis, the second option is probably the best. So I would consider you using Crunch instead of Stone Edge.

Arcanite

'Just a little further!'

'Yaaaaawnnnnnn'
'Quick Eveyone, Cloud's getting exhausted!'

Cloud Strife the Cyclohm: Thunderbolt (Ho-oh) > Volt Switch (Ho-oh)
Titan the Tyranitar: Crunch (Ho-oh) > Rock Slide (Ho-oh)

Its_A_Random

A distant memory
ROUND EIGHT

The Stratagem fires of another round of rocks at the Ho-Oh to deal more damage as the Rotom takes a rest to recuperate its forces. The Cyclohm then fires a bolt of lightning while the Tyranitar chomps on the Ho-Oh, dealing critical damage. The Ho-Oh responds by hardening its wings and striking the Stratagem as everyone takes hail damage.

The Stratagem—now on its last legs—fires one more wave of energy as the Rotom continues to rest up. The Cyclohm and Tyranitar attack again with Tyranitar critting again as the Ho-Oh finally takes out the Stratagem with... Rock Smash... -.-'

The raid is one mon down but the Ho-Oh is now on its last legs as well! Everyone takes more hail damage when the hail ends and the rain comes back once more! This might be the final showdown this coming round!

TEAM STATS
[
3] | HP/EN: 86 / 16 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (4a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 25 / 13 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (4a) / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: 66 / 26 | Buffs/De-Buffs: N/A / N/A
Typing

| HP/EN: KO / 11 | Buffs/De-Buffs: Light Screen (5a) / N/A
Typing

ENEMY STATS
| HP: 24 | Boosts/Status: +12% Accuracy, Shroud of the Night / Paralysis (1a)
Ho-Oh
Typing

FIELD EFFECTS
Rain

Threshold: 279

BEGIN ROUND
---
ACTION ONE
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4506/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Stats} [<=3000]: 6501/10000; No)
> > >-(4 + 4) = 8 EN, +27 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

Bellum chilled out!
> > >+12 EN (Bellum)

> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4650/10000; No)

Titan used Crunch (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 188/10000; Yes)
> > >(13 [BAP + BOID] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) = 21 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(6 - 1) = 5 EN, +21 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Steel Wing (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4481/10000; No)
> > >(Effect Roll {+1 Defence} [<=1000]: 9988/10000; No)
> > >((7 [BAP] + 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 17 DMG (Vaati)

-2 HP (Hail)
---
ACTION TWO
Vaati used Paleo Wave (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4165/10000; No)
> > >((11 [BAP + RC] + 3 [STAB] - 2 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 27 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(7 - 1) = 6 EN, +27 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Vaati)

Bellum chilled out!
> > >+12 EN (Bellum)

CS used Volt Switch (Ho-Oh)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4192/10000; No)
> > >((16 [BAP + TM] + 3 [STAB] - 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 22 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(5 - 1) = 4 EN, +22 Threat (Ho-Oh) (CS)

Titan used Rock Slide!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 366/10000; Yes)
> > >((9 [BAP] + 3 [STAB] + 3 [Crit] + 1.5 [Rank Diff]) × 2.25 [SE]) = 37 DMG (Ho-Oh)
> > >-(6 - 1) = 5 EN, +37 Threat (Ho-Oh) (Titan)

Ho-Oh used Rock Smash (Vaati)!
> > >(Crit Roll [<=625]: 4665/10000; No)
> > >((4 [BAP] + 4.5 [Rank Diff]) × 1.5 [SE]) = 13 DMG (Vaati)

Vaati Fainted!

Gains Threat (Ho-Oh)

-2 HP (Hail)

---
END ROUND

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)