The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
The Panthers and Falcons have done a good job showing everybody this season that the offensive line may in fact be important, and the Cowboys on the positive side. Apparently the Falcons last season weren't a fluke or injury problem (hey the Texans are average after all), they actually are just bad! Who knows what happened to the Saints.

Edit: Also the Colts had a grand total of 19 rushing yards tonight, 15 by Luck and Bradshaw managed the other four yards on seven carries. The illustrious, the imperious, ingenious running back Carl Trent Richardson had an astounding 0.0 YPC. Fun stuff.

Last edited:

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
the team that has surprised me the most this year is the cardinals they've only had one bad game this year and that was in denver

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Also RGIII man. Literally Murphy's law. How do you blow it with this guy. Literally only the Redskins could have ruined the guy. Literally everything went wrong from the moment he was drafted. But that's what happens when you work for an organization run by Dan Snyder, the guy who made Six Flags shares literally worth 0. Let's not develop him as a pocket passer, let's leave him in with a clearly gimpy knee, etc etc.

I dunno man. I'm honestly on the verge of just being an "NFL fan" because nothing ever goes right for my team ever.

Even the Cardinals and Lions are good now. Can you fucking imagine. The Lions WON ZERO GAMES IN A SEASON like 7 years ago. They have a puncher's chance at going to the Super Bowl today. The fucking Cardinals are the best team in the NFL. Remember when the Cardinals were the free win on the schedule> And they're doing it with 23423423423432 year old Carson Palmer and a dash of Drew fucking Stanton. Fitz isn't even doing an ything. The fucking Cardinals are the best team in the NFL.

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Also RGIII man. Literally Murphy's law. How do you blow it with this guy. Literally only the Redskins could have ruined the guy. Literally everything went wrong from the moment he was drafted. But that's what happens when you work for an organization run by Dan Snyder, the guy who made Six Flags shares literally worth 0. Let's not develop him as a pocket passer, let's leave him in with a clearly gimpy knee, etc etc.

I dunno man. I'm honestly on the verge of just being an "NFL fan" because nothing ever goes right for my team ever.

Even the Cardinals and Lions are good now. Can you fucking imagine. The Lions WON ZERO GAMES IN A SEASON like 7 years ago. They have a puncher's chance at going to the Super Bowl today.
he was fucked when he tore his alc in the playoffs a couple years ago pretty sure it was the second time in the same knee

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
It's just the frustration, like, literally nothing this team does works. Nothing. Again, the Cardinals might win the fucking Super Bowl with Old Man Carson Palmer.

The Redskins are the biggest joke in sports, hated by the entire country, mocked on South Park and national media, with drama every other week. I've just started caring less and less and less because there's just no hope for my hometown team. Maybe I should like the fucking Ravens.

Oh yeah, Kyle Shanahan goes to the Browns, and with Brian Hoyer at QB, nobody at RB, nobody at WR, are 6-4 and has more points than our offense. We have a pro bowl RB, WRs, TE, and LT and we're 3-7 with wins over the Jags and Titans + a fluke win over Dallas.

God hates the Redskins doesn't he?

Last edited:

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ancien Régime if you don't stop using the word "literally" 608484086509439808 times in your posts I am going to punch your face off.

In other news the Skins weren't always this bad, they've just been bad since Snyder bought the team. The first 70+ years of their existence were fine.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
That's untrue.

The Redskins have been a mediocre to awful team for the vast majority of their existence, except for:

The 1936-1945 years with Baugh (and that was in a much more shallow league talent-wise)

The 1971-1992 period of Allen/Gibbs (with a 4 year mediocrity interlude with Jack Pardee)

We were also awful in the 1993-1999 period BEFORE Snyder bought the team.

So from 1936-1999 we've actually had about 25 years of being decent, and even the Allen years were for the most part just getting consistently bounced in the first round (save for losing to the undefeated Dolphins).

In terms of all-time winning percentage we're fairly mediocre, and most of that was from a decade where we shat on the league (and nearly all of that was before I was born)

Snyder makes the suckage more spectacular and embarassing but let's not act like we're the Steelers before he got here (I will grant they were trash before Noll but ever since then they've consistently good and never bad for more than a few seasons in a row)

Apparently the Falcons last season weren't a fluke or injury problem (hey the Texans are average after all), they actually are just bad!
hey, the Falcons are actually almost as bad on the injury front as they were last year... best defensive player hurt before the season started (Weatherspoon), another hasn't practiced since September (William Moore), and they're down to a 3rd string center/RT, a rookie LT (Mathews was supposed to play RT until Baker got hurt (again)), and a hurt LG. At one point, our TE Toilolo had to slide in and play RT because we were down to 4 healthy active linemen. Just because Julio/Roddy have been healthy doesn't mean the rest of the team has :(

they are bad, sure, but they have an injury problem too. I can't wait for them to limp into the playoffs and get wrecked by the #5 Lions/Seahawks/49ers/Eagles. I'd just really like to see a 6-10 playoff team finally make the NFL rethink divisions (or at least home field advantage for division winners)

The Redskins have been a mediocre to awful team for the vast majority of their existence, except for:

The 1971-1992 period of Allen/Gibbs (with a 4 year mediocrity interlude with Jack Pardee)
sooooo half the modern era?

at least they aren't the Cardinals, literally the oldest team in the NFL and almost literally with the lowest win percentage (luckily the Bucs and Texans came along!)

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Milos - they used to be big rivals when it was the AFC Central, although that was probably before your time

Also I feel bad for doubting, because holy crap Le'Veon Bell has some jukes.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Milos - they used to be big rivals when it was the AFC Central, although that was probably before your time

Also I feel bad for doubting, because holy crap Le'Veon Bell has some jukes.
Bell not only crushed it for all my fantasy teams, but he was the sole reason you guys didn't lose to a shit team two weeks in a row. I expect all Steelers fans to be building statues in his honor this week.

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ancien Régime if you don't stop using the word "literally" 608484086509439808 times in your posts I am going to punch your face off.
Will you literally punch his face off?

also the TENNESSEE TITANS were only in the same division as the Steelers for a grand total of three years

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
Will you literally punch his face off?

also the TENNESSEE TITANS were only in the same division as the Steelers for a grand total of three years

Yes. And they were also in the same division for a long time when the team was called the HOUSTON OILERS. This rivalry extends all the way back into the 70s when both teams were not only divisional opponents, but perennial playoff contenders. I'm surprised you would forget such a thing mystery given your extensive NFL history knowledge!

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I think that's why he capitalized the team name. He's being facetious.

And I'm sorry, AR, you don't get to complain about your team. Remember when Washington beat my beloved Bills in Super Bowl XXVI with fucking Mark Rypien as their quarterback? Yeah, I do. One of four in a row we lost to the NFC East. You had just won a Super Bowl a little before that with Doug Williams. So yes, your team sucks, and yes, you have a shitty owner who can't get out of his own way... but I don't feel the least bit sorry for you.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
As far as I'm concerned the only fans who have a good reason to complain are Bills, Vikings, Lions and Jets fans (and maybe Bengals). All other franchises have either not been around long enough or have enjoyed some period(s) of success during their history.

Ancien Régime

washed gay RSE player
DM i don't remember that game because I was like 3.

That's the flaw in this entire argument, saying "in your face, my team is trash now but we won a shitload of titles during the Reagan years so fuck yeaaaaaah" doesn't really help. It's WAY more fun to be an Eagles fan at this point at time and they have zero titles. At some point, comparing the trophy chests gets old. Especially when your team has NO HOPE because the team is dysfunctional and unprofessional and run by a manchild who's more immature than most 12 year olds. Remember how the Raiders fell off a cliff once Al Davis hit senility? That's Snyder...except he's gonna be alive for another 30 years. No escape. No hope. Unless the league Sterlings him and forces him to sell to change the nickname which I don't care about anymore.

or have enjoyed some period(s) of success during their history.
Describes all the teams you mentioned. Jets won SB 3 which literally is the reason the NFL is the way it is. They've been pretty bad on average but you can't say they've done nothing. Bengals were actually pretty good in the 70s and 80s. They've beein the playoffs pretty consistently this decade though never good enough to win a game. The Vikings really? They've been one of the most consistently good teams since their inception and have one of the best historical winning percentages even if THEY never won a title. Bengals, Lions and Jets are pretty crappy franchises historically but they've had competitive periods.

Also Bills went to 4 SBs That's more than most teams EVER get to sniff. Sorry Scott Norwood was a trash kicker but going to four Super Bowls is an accomplishment. Lions/Bengals/Jets fans would kill for that 1988-1998 stretch of dominance even if they lost to teams that were literally among the 15 or so best to ever take the field. We should feel sorry for the Bills because their ownership and front office has been dysfunctional and incompetent as fuck just like ours over the same time span (though they've got something cooking on defense atm) not because they choked in 4 title games.

And again, the Lions have an outside chance of winning the title THIS YEAR. I'm sure if they're hoisting the Lombardi, telling them, w-well we have THREE will be a great argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)