ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Could someone please summarize the leaks for us who can't see them?
The only important stuff we've learned is that you get Lati@s after or around the time you fight Norman and that Pokedex entries are now more than one sentence.

And apparently Scott isnt in the game
Welp.

RIP Battle Frontier; I think it's safe to say GF just doesn't want to bring it back.

But I prefer to look at the bright side of things. We have Contests, Secret Bases, a crapload of Legendaries, frikkin' SPACE... gah, who am I kidding. I think it's safe to assume that the one thing everyone was looking forward to the most was the Frontier.

Last edited:

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Unless /vp/ is lying (never!), Hoopa, Latiosite and Latiasite can now be used in battles and trades over wi-fi. This probably means Hoopa is found without any events in ORAS.

Unless /vp/ is lying (never!), Hoopa, Latiosite and Latiasite can now be used in battles and trades over wi-fi. This probably means Hoopa is found without any events in ORAS.
or nintendo screwed up when they activated things

(it's totes that one)

e: I mean least of all, the lati@site is prrrrrrrrobably not meant to be allowed into or out of XY despite being in there

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
You can't trade unreleased pokémon or items. You even could use Hoopa against friends over wi-fi, but you couldn't upload the Battle Video and now it's possible.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You can't trade unreleased pokémon or items. You even could use Hoopa against friends over wi-fi, but you couldn't upload the Battle Video and now it's possible.
Ah I see. I highly doubt Hoopa lost its event status, so it's probably an error on Game Freak's part.

Hmm after thinking it through, I guess we should've seen it coming. In Emerald, there were battle tents in place of contest halls to prep for the actual Frontier, and the only place where players could enter contests was Lilycove. Everything (official or leaked) suggested that contests in ORAS are available early on, i.e. no battle tents and no Battle Frontier. That's really too bad. I'd been hoping to challenge Battle Pike again.

What's Floette-E? And geez, how many copies of the game have leaked?

ETA - I just saw Soul Dew on the GTS. Has it always been tradeable?

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Pretty sure you could already do WiFi battles using them if you're up against friends. Regardless, I highly doubt Hoopa will be available for quite some time since TPCi hasn't revealed it yet, like with the Sinnoh Event Legendaries.

Last edited:
So the other leaker (this guy https://twitter.com/kristhofer) finally got to Mauville (or New Mauville? My Spanish is poor). And they've totally redone the place.

Basically, it's like Join Avenue in a sense. It's got this big mall and the move tutors are there and there is some kind of TV station thing. Oh, and Cafes have returned too.

Hmm after thinking it through, I guess we should've seen it coming. In Emerald, there were battle tents in place of contest halls to prep for the actual Frontier, and the only place where players could enter contests was Lilycove. Everything (official or leaked) suggested that contests in ORAS are available early on, i.e. no battle tents and no Battle Frontier. That's really too bad. I'd been hoping to challenge Battle Pike again.

What's Floette-E? And geez, how many copies of the game have leaked?
To be fair, the Battle Tents were never touted as the greatest successes to come from Emerald outside of the actual facilities and the plot, while Contests actually were rather successful. In that regard, even if the BF does make a return, I would be surprised if they actually considered bring back the tents as well. Besides, with everything unique to RS (Wallace as the gym leader, the lack of any indication that Groudon will be in Mt. Chimney, the screenshots supporting the idea that we'll end up siding with one of the teams, and so on), it was always fairly evident that ORAS would follow RS more religiously than Emerald, if only during the main game. The post game, on the other hand, is free for them to do whatever they want with it, whether it remains faithful to the originals or not. We're going into space now, aren't we?

This being said, I'm not going to take the absence of Scott as the guarantee that the idea of the Frontier is dead. The demo dumps indicated a Battle Resort; as we don't know whether it's another Maison, a Tower remake, or a fully fledged battle facility, the only thing that we can say from his absence is that his character isn't as relevant to the post game as it was in Emerald, if it is at all.

Also, Karxrida, while I do agree with you about the handling of spoilers, I feel that I should say that it's not that easy. The trouble, at least for me, was when my own damnable curiosity overpowered my resolve to avoid everything relating to the demo spoilers, something that I still haven't forgiven it for; I'm sure that I'm not the only one. But yeah, if you're still here, even after the mess with the demo last month, then you shouldn't be complaining about spoilers. If you still don't want them, then just back out now until you can get the game yourself. If you're like me, though, and your curiosity is strangling you for control, then just take everything you see with a pinch of salt, and tell yourself that it's just the internet, and that nothing on the internet relating to 4Chan (and remember, every leak is from 4Chan) is actually true, and it might help take the edge off. Remember, we're in the final stretch now; it'll all be over soon.

Just take my money already, Nintendo. Please.

Stupid Late-Night-Before-Test anxiety. I'm rambling.

So the other leaker (this guy https://twitter.com/kristhofer) finally got to Mauville (or New Mauville? My Spanish is poor). And they've totally redone the place.

Basically, it's like Join Avenue in a sense. It's got this big mall and the move tutors are there and there is some kind of TV station thing. Oh, and Cafes have returned too.
At least the pictures are decent. With every passing day though I'm finding it harder to believe that the Battle Frontier will be returning. That really sucks. Why Gf? WHY?

Only images of tutors I've seen were for the elemental Hyper Beams and Pledge moves, not exactly the tutors people are waiting for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)