ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL I can see this becoming a new meme:
Why do you hate ORAS? Because of too much water!
Why is the pasta no good? Because of too much water!!!
Why do you hate me??? BECAUSE OF TOO MUCH WATAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
And they can't make a Battle Frontier expansion free? What if they wanted to include it but didn't have time to complete it, so instead plan to patch it in later? The only new graphics they'd need to add in is the buildings and Frontier Brains (and maybe Scott). Everything else is in the game, similar to what they did with the additional downloadable missions for Pokemon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and Pokemon Conquest.

Also you didn't answer my question: Aside from the Battle Maison, what else would the Battle Resort have?
You didn't read what I said. They do not want to do DLC, period, and adding the Frontier after the fact is DLC. I am tired of people bringing it up because they are ignoring that Game Freak said it wouldn't happen. End of discussion.

Also, I wasn't aiming to answer your question.

The reviewer is by no means the only person who hoped that GameFreak would add more to the water routes so they weren't so long stretches of nothing. Little islands would help with that, for instance, but those got put into Soaring. And even if it is a remake, the water can still be a negative because it was a negative back then, too. There's a reason people complain about half hte region being water! You can't just take what's probabyl a valid negative and handwave it away because it's a remake.

Really I wonder if there were other issues he had but didn't bother talking about. The bulk of the review was pretty positive and the 2 negatives didn't seem to leave enough impact to land it on a 7.8. An 8 or between an 8 & 8.5 is what the review reads like

So even though they knew what to expect, that was a "reason" to complain? Sounds to me like someone who shouldn't even have a job reviewing games. lol a 7.8 score makes zero sense.
You can know what to expect, and expect that that thing will suck. By that argument the films of Seltzer and Friedberg (Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc) are immune from criticism because everyone knows what to expect from them by now.

Better a reviewer gives their own, sometimes unpopular opinion than that reviewer being paid off by the game's publishers.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
There is something i like to bring at 3 days of ORAS release.

-Even if we will not have mega flygon.
-Even if we will not have trainer customization.
-Even if we will not have battle frontier.

etc.etc.etc.

*Guys, don't you agreed it will be fair at least , gamefreak will have expanded the inverse battles in oras?, if they have put only one trainer in kalos as a test of opinion of this type of battle , it could be logic enlarge more content about those kind of battles ?...they do that with the rotation and triple battles .:/.
IIRC the datamine had some in-game text about an "inverter" thing. I think there will be some special item that allows you to play reverse battles or the like.

Or maybe Trick House will have them.

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
If any one would have complains after the release, we should make one for about the best things in ORAS, another for the not-so-good, but one at a time as we don't want a flame war.

You can know what to expect, and expect that that thing will suck. By that argument the films of Seltzer and Friedberg (Epic Movie, Meet the Spartans, etc) are immune from criticism because everyone knows what to expect from them by now.

Better a reviewer gives their own, sometimes unpopular opinion than that reviewer being paid off by the game's publishers.
I agree on this, I prefer an unpopular opinion over a paid one. And I do agree to much water, too little variety, and almost no replay value outrigth kill hoenn for me.

So there are reasons why certain things (Ice Punch Blazekin) were not evidence that demo data was incomplete/incorrect. But I'm interested in Hydrachomp 's comment from a while back that seemed to sort of get skipped over.
I just noticed that the reviewer from IGN mentions 7 HM's, while the data dumps only mentioned 6. The one missing apparently being Flash. So does this confirm that the Tutor/egg moves list is not correct?
It probably just indicates that some minor things might be different, right?

So there are reasons why certain things (Ice Punch Blazekin) were not evidence that demo data was incomplete/incorrect. But I'm interested in Hydrachomp 's comment from a while back that seemed to sort of get skipped over.

It probably just indicates that some minor things might be different, right?
Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Rock Smash (Why)
Dive
Waterfall

The demo dump also has 7 hms

Cut
Fly
Surf
Strength
Rock Smash (Why)
Dive
Waterfall

The demo dump also has 7 hms
ok, thanks, I actually never sifted through the data dump myself, just going off what was said by others, so then Flash will still be a TM which I think the demo dump said it was. (also I think they made Rock Smash into an HM so that you need badges to progress through route 111 like in the past)

Game Freak has explicitly stated they are not into DLC* and do not plan on using it in the future; people seriously need to shut up about it. It'd also be a huge dick move on GF's part to force us to pay extra money for the part of the game everyone not named R_N really wants.

*Event Legends don't count because they're a) Already in the game and b) Completely free.
DLC doesn't necessarily mean paid. They can add a patch to the game with the extra part. If I were GF, I'd release a building per month to the Resort.

I think you guys are missing the point that Karxrida made which is not that paid DLC isn't Game Freak's style but that Game Freak has explicitly said they don't like adding content into games with DLC after the fact.... at all.... (and then he gave reasons why event Pokemon are different from DLC)

Seems you get a Shiny Stone in Mauville... so you could get Gallade and Roserade from this point on. And Gallade gets a Mega. If you were lucky enough to find a male Ralts, that would probably be a pretty strong party member.

Seems you get a Shiny Stone in Mauville... so you could get Gallade and Roserade from this point on. And Gallade gets a Mega. If you were lucky enough to find a male Ralts, that would probably be a pretty strong party member.
I prefer Gardevoir. Honestly, as I never played him, though, why would he be better?

Gallade needs a dawn stone... we can hope for one though!

It's a little sad that with the release of the games this thread will end, we had a lot of good and confusing times, I still remember when Mega Bro was revealed and most of us went crazy with its design and ability like with M-mence as the day before Kurona joked about it being revealed in the future, as it happened next day, as the same happened with M-lopunny with Noel Lopunny.

As the time went on we discovered the Demo and its datamining and how we guessed what every move was and what learned it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee. Now we will adventure in the region with more nature and water on it now as we drown in the pleasure of exploring this amazing remake which still has surprises left for us and the space the biggest thing ever with the less to explore awaits us.

Last edited:
It's a little sad that with the release of the games this thread will end, we had a lot of good and confusing times, I still remember when Mega Bro was revealed and most of us went crazy with its design and ability like with M-mence as the day before Kurona joked about it being revealed in the future, as it happened next day, as the same happened with M-loppuny with another user.

As the time went on we discovered the Demo and its datamining and how we guessed what every move was and what learned it.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee. Now we will adventure in the region with more nature and water on it now as we drown in the pleasure of exploring this amazing remake which still has surprises left for us and the space the biggest thing ever with the less to explore awaits us.
Ah Reminiscing on the last few months, Noel Lopunny our resident Loppunny enthusiast who casually wished Loppuny would get a mega while everyone else talked about Salamence and Flygon and Milotic.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
You didn't read what I said. They do not want to do DLC, period, and adding the Frontier after the fact is DLC. I am tired of people bringing it up because they are ignoring that Game Freak said it wouldn't happen. End of discussion.

Also, I wasn't aiming to answer your question.
So the downloadable missions from the Pokemon Ranger and Pokemon Conquest was just in my mind? I must have quite the active imagination then.

And how rude. :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)