The Anime / Manga Thread (MK2) | Beware Spoilers

Status
Not open for further replies.
aaand the akame ga kill anime is now officially splitting from the manga canon

gonna be interesting to see how they handle the anime finale, especially with some people in the anime still alive who've already died in the manga

akame ga kill myself after that episode ugh
well at least ill be surprised by each weeks plot twists i guess
hopefully there'll be another adaptation when the manga finishes that follows it properly (like what happened with fma)

jacob

the obstacle is the only way
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
so i just started watching naruto-s and im not sure what to think the filler is really killing it for me

Asek

Banned deucer.
AGK and Grisaia are both looking like they're going downhill

On the other hand F/SN is only getting better, and It looks like Log Horizon 2 is going to pick up soon

finished episode 12 of bakemonogatari (the stargazing scene) and it completely caught me out of left field, mainly cause i wasn't expecting such a touching moment giving how the show's been going so far
okay speaking of this series catching me out of left field, can we talk about the toothbrush scene in nisemonogatari

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
so i just started watching naruto-s and im not sure what to think the filler is really killing it for me
Filler usually kills long running series see Naruto original, Bleach, One Piece, etc. There are probably things out there that tell you relevant episodes tho idk where they are.

Anyway time for my great animu schedul

Monday
Log Horizon 2: yeah this has been SUPER slow, I feel asleep midway through it yesterday, it's just hard to see where this is going and honest I don't care about this murderer at all :/ still gotta watch

Tuesday:
Magic Kaito(u): I mean I love Detective Conan so by extension I like this show. Kid appears in DC a lot so it's cool to see it from his perspective.
Yona: This has also been a bit slow but finally we have started to meet the crew, MC's voice is a bit annoying but I've been into these Fantasy Adventure types so it doesn't kill me.

Wednesday:
Parasyte: Until now it's mostly been recap because I read the first two volumes of the manga (that's all borders ever had, didn't bother looking for scans). Very excited to see what happens, Migi looks very cool animated.

Thursday:
Psycho Pass 2: At least one show has things happening, new "bad" guy, interesting stuff to think about, there was one reference to S1 basically hopefully there's a solid tie in

Friday:
War Maiden one: again nothing goes on, lots of talking, but once again it's a fantasy show so obligatory watch

Saturday:
SAO2: hey look, nothing has happened! The real question is if they'll do the whole Asuna arranged marriage correctly because I honestly don't care what happens to ALO apocalypse or whatever.

Sunday:
FSN: basically the highlight of this season (though I actually like PP2 more rn), nothing to say

Drifting shows:
Seven Deadly Sins: I think the subbers were late so my scheduling is off. Show of super OP people, which is really fun to watch. Like one guy is impaled to a wall for 10 years and when he hears the MC is coming he casually walks out of the prison cell, also spear scene. Very fun watch.
Bahamut: video game apparently, super calamity thing sealed someone wants to free it, average show
Garo: the CG in this show....non giant medieval mecha show basically, they try to make it dark but it's not really, average show

Also watching FMA Brotherhood because it's been long enough since I've read the mango

grisaia slaughtered its source material like a lamb
it's an improvement though

on the downside you miss out on a lot of the great common route stuff, but the character routes so far have been trimming a lot of the fat and much better for it, and Yumiko's was just improved in general

it remains to be seen how they handle Makina's and especially Amane's, but it looks like they'll be devoting more episodes to them at the very least

akame ga kill myself after that episode ugh
well at least ill be surprised by each weeks plot twists i guess
hopefully there'll be another adaptation when the manga finishes that follows it properly (like what happened with fma)
It'd be awesome if this happened but I really doubt it will, Akame doesn't seem to be nearly popular enough

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
dude you have a backlog of ~390 episodes... you can easily skip all the fluff. That's the best part of watching multiseason anime with backlogs.

Also watching FMA Brotherhood because it's been long enough since I've read the mango
you'll love what they did with the anime. It's gorgeous and overwhelming. Plus all the fights (especially the ending arc ones are as badass as you'd imagined them)

Here are some impressions of the shows I'm watching. I'm caught up on all of them at the time of posting. Keep in mind I never watched a true harem up until now so if I offend your favorite show of the season I do not apologize.

Akame ga Kill!: This show is pretty good but also very predictable at times. Right before a character is killed off they get a fuckton of screentime so it's more or less a waiting game, plus the only character I really liked is dead so there's that. I still don't know why it's called Akame ga Kill! but maybe Akame plays a huge part before the end or something. I like the romance between the MC and pink haired girl. They make a cute couple.

F/sn UBW: Pretty sure most of us agree that this show is outstanding in terms of quality and production. Shirou is kind of a bitch but I think he's gonna be a good MC if the last ep was any indication.

Grisaia no Kajitsu: Since I never played the VN I can't compare it to the source material, but the show itself is pretty mediocre. All the girls want to fuck the MC despite the fact that he's burying them alive and shit. I don't even know man.

Inou-Battle wa Nichijou-kei no Naka de: I think this show is pretty cute and funny. The last ep decided to be all edgy and shit so I'm a bit worried how it will turn out in the end.

Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu: This show gets me so hyped it's unreal. I dislike the wubwubwub since I find it pretty distracting but man the fights are good and Migi is awesome. ALSO DAT HAIR DEVELOPMENT

Log Horizon S2: Holy balls is this show boring. Akatsuki is a terrible character and I don't understand why she's so "weak" when she's been a level 90+ since the first season aired. She seemed perfectly fine before and then suddenly has to battle her inner demons of being shit. Also, at least SAO questioned what is happening to their bodies IRL. Are these idiots never going to bring that up? Do they never plan on returning to the real world? For a genius MC these seem like pretty important questions I'd be asking myself, but he's too busy learning about diamond dust or some shit.

SAO II: Current status: just as boring as Log. Shinon was a really good character and now she's just in the background doing nothing. Asuna has been useless since fuck all and now they want to make her relevant, so I guess she swapped slots with Shinon. If it were up to me I'd just turn this show into a romance anime with Kirito x Shinon and Asuna x Yuuki (?).

Trinity Seven: If you enjoy loli-ecchi-why-is-this-just-not-a-hentai harems with the sound of Kirito's voice you are going to love this show.

Watamote is actually pretty great. For a show that isn't about much it's managed to make me laugh and nearly cry over the span of 3 episodes.

does Mine not die in the manga or whatever it's based on? I really liked her character....
the manga is basically at the ending of episode 20; susanoo is already dead at this point and the fight with esdeath that occurs in episode 21 happens earlier in the manga, during borick's assassination, which is much more detailed in the manga

there's a whole other arc between chelsea's death and tatsumi being captured that introduces a new evil group called wild hunt, headed by syura (the scar dude) which develops his character a lot more and makes it that much more satisfying when lubbock takes him down; the scene leading up to lubbock+tatsumi's capture is also more developed, and budou is in general more menacing in the manga than in the anime (where he basically got one-shot by mine)

so far, mine hasn't died yet in the manga and basically just broke into the execution grounds to free tatsumi - she's also much more badass in the manga and i'd advise reading from this page onward if you want a better idea of what i mean

but overall they're diverging from the source material, or at least i'm assuming they are because this fight should be significantly more drawn-out and flashier in the manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)