ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering Rayquaza can Mega Evolve with any item, it might mean that only the ORAS Rayquaza can Mega Evolve. So we may not be able to have V-create on it. Just pointing that out.

Has anyone seen the official strategy guide? (not saying its a good buy, just saying it might be a valid source of information before the games come out)

In my opinion the Emerald Battle Frontier was the best postgame event in any of the Pokemon games.
It's absence in the game as is means I'm going to pass on this version, at least until it's implemented via DLC or something at a later date.
Which is a shame, because I've owned at least one of every generation, including remakes.

Any news on how soon we can use PokeBank when we play ORAS? I think that will be pretty intriguing to know.

Still no news as far as I know about if we can fly on both Lati@s on one version yet...hopefully that will come soon (although Kaphotics is on the case, from what I've heard).

In my opinion the Emerald Battle Frontier was the best postgame event in any of the Pokemon games.
It's absence in the game as is means I'm going to pass on this version, at least until it's implemented via DLC or something at a later date.
Which is a shame, because I've owned at least one of every generation, including remakes.
The only thing Emerald had over Plat for me was pyramid. Overall having the extra zone with new stuff to catch, a Frontier, rematches and a villa gave it an unique feel that Emerald fails to accomplish. And no one misses Palace... No one.

If we talk about postgame one can debate if GSC had Kanno as a postgame or was a part of the game itself, I honestly consider it a part of the game but if you don't... Well a full region with 8 more leaders is indeed one heck of a postgame.

FRLG had the sevii islands with where cute but not great to be honest, they also gave us the VS seeker and e4 rematches for the first time.

B/W was decentish, yet it's sequels gave us so much stuff to do I was in awe, little stuff but good stuff, not the best postgame contest wise to be honest but fun stuff regardless.

Emerald was good but not the best in my opinion.

I'm not getting mine until I wake up on Friday. I've preordered at Target (in addition to the $5 gift card, I get 5% off there, so it is the best deal to me), so no midnight release for me. Also, I don't like downloading games I can get physical copies of if I can avoid it. It takes way too much time (took me an hour to download Mario & Luigi: Dream Team), makes it difficult to trade between other copies I have, and is just more work than it is worth.
Any news on how soon we can use PokeBank when we play ORAS? I think that will be pretty intriguing to know.

Still no news as far as I know about if we can fly on both Lati@s on one version yet...hopefully that will come soon (although Kaphotics is on the case, from what I've heard).
Now since the patch for Bank is on eShop. I just downloaded it now and when I opened it (without a game in my 3DS since I have Ocarina of Time currently), it said that I don't have Pokémon X, Y, Omega Ruby, or Alpha Sapphire in my 3DS.

Considering Rayquaza can Mega Evolve with any item, it might mean that only the ORAS Rayquaza can Mega Evolve. So we may not be able to have V-create on it. Just pointing that out.
To be honest, this doesn't matter. 180 Atk + 115 Speed + STAB Dragon Ascent (Flying Close Combat) + Outrage/Dragon Claw + Large Variety of Coverage + Dragon Dance + Life Orb = lots of dead things.
Also, 180 Sp Atk + 115 Speed + Draco Meteor + Choice Specs = lots of dead things.
Kinda hard to miss V-Create when it is already tearing up teams.

@ Norne

Thanks for the reply. It's kinda hard for me to explain but something seemed so...right about the Emerald Battle Frontier. It’s huge with a variety of challenging and unique facilities. Never had something on this grand a scale been attempted in prior Pokémon games (at least just for battling, you got me with Kanto after beating Johto). It’s memorable and sets the standard for post-game content. The Frontier Brains were memorable as well (the only ones I remember from Platinum are Thorton and Palmer), as well as the awesome Brain battle music.

I've only glanced at the Rayquaza pictures, but I call shenanigans on it not requiring a Mega stone to evolve. To what I vaguely remember, Lucario was the first Pokemon to Mega evolve with a trainer. Some people may think that a legendary like Rayquaza could easily go through the same process without having a trainer to assist it. But Mega Rayquaza with an item would be incredibly overpowered and I don't believe GF would go that far given that they already screwed up with mega Khan. What I'm thinking is that Rayquaza could only Mega evolve by itself for the sake of the Delta Episode and only during the Delta Episode, similarly how Groudon and Kyogre are in their primal forms when you challenge them even though they have no trainer that caught them at the time. Don't quote me on this though. Like I said, I've only looked over the photos for a split second before the links got lost within the last few pages of the thread.

But in regards to the Battle Frontier chat, the only facilities that wanted to see in the game were the Battle Pike and Pyramid (don't kill me people who think otherwise). The rest were okay too, that one place that relied on your Pokemon's nature was annoying though.

Even though it has been about a day or two since information about the Frontier being missing has been leaked, I really don't mind. ORAS has introduced a lot of new toys for us to play with. Practically everything from XY with the additions of the PokeNav, new Megas, and a slightly updated story mode.

Besides, we got through XY okay despite having only one bland battle facility. How hard can it be to wait until the next set of games? I think I could only tolerate the post game of XY because of the how breeding was updated. Getting perfect Pokemon has never been easier.

Get this,

A few months or so after the release of the game, I usually told myself that I'd be raising Pokemon for the Battle Spot/Maison. First it would be creating a team that seemed well balanced for competitive and in game use. Then I would find myself collecting the members of my team through the wild or the GTS. Next came breeding about 40 boxes of Pokemon for egg moves and IV's before realizing that some Pokemon are only viable if they had tutor moves from a previous generation. So I'd scrap my whole team altogether and end up trying to breed for flawless Shinys with full sets of egg moves. Ooh! Finally got my shiny Swirlix aaaaaaaand ORAS has finally arrived. That was a good 8 and a half months.

I am glad contests are making a comeback though. This really gives Pokemon that are practically unusable for battles a niche in the game besides being story companions or HM slaves. The only thing I may regret is that Lunatone may troll Beauty contests once again with a kamikaze Explosion. Well that or having my Latios lose to a Gloom in a Cleverness contest. But yeah, the whole process of growing berries, making Pokeblocks, and winning Ribbons will probably become a popular topic in the Orange Islands soon enough.

I'm watching http://www.twitch.tv/ptken try to catch Primal Kyorge, he's getting wrecked so hard. This battle is actually EXTREMELY difficult.

The Kyorge has Aqua Ring, Ice Beam, Body Slam and Origin Pulse and all of its move actually do a ton of damage.
Reminds me of catching Azelf, well at least the difficulty. You can't send in a strong poke to weaken it because Azelf is too frail, but send in a weak poke and it dies because Azelf is powerful. But PKyo is also bulky D:

I'm playing White 2 at the moment. Gunna see how strong I can raise my Pokemon before I get ORAS. Might battle myself in Pokemon Showdown.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol at that Twitch guy, just use the Master Ball on it. Rayquaza's catch rate was buffed and there aren't any roamers to worry about apparently, so it's not like you're wasting it.

lol at that Twitch guy, just use the Master Ball on it. Rayquaza's catch rate was buffed and there aren't any roamers to worry about apparently, so it's not like you're wasting it.
Eh, I know but people will play how they want to play.

But holy cow this Primal Kyorge is putting up a massive fight.

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Jesus Christ I'd expect them to have increased Kyogre/Groudon's catch rate...

I have to think about how to approach it. There is no way my capture Smeargle can take a sneeze from Primal Kyogre, let alone STAB Rain-boosted Origin Pulse. Hmm...my Vaporeon* can take hits from it all day (Origin Blade does nothing to it and Ice Beam and Body Slam are covered by Leftovers). Maybe Mega Gallade with Hypnosis and False Swipe could do the trick.
I think you'd be better off using paralysis and a Water Absorb pokémon.

Last edited:
A challenge! Awesome :)

EDIT: nevermind, screw that! It'll be even harder to capture a good one :(
I have to think about how to approach it. There is no way my capture Smeargle can take a sneeze from Primal Kyogre, let alone STAB Rain-boosted Origin Pulse. Hmm...my Vaporeon* can take hits from it all day (Origin Blade does nothing to it and Ice Beam and Body Slam are covered by Leftovers). Maybe Mega Gallade with Hypnosis and False Swipe could do the trick.

*If you think I'm not bringing the good stuff to catch it, you are insane.
There are always shinies. That's what I save my Master Balls for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)