ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've heard from some of my friends that we can get the other Lati@site during the Eon Ticket event (thus making it possible to get both in one game), according to CoroCoro. Is this true or just fallacies?

<Everyone in Europe goes into a corner to cry>

Still 8 days to go, no Mega Milotic and a Battle Frontier still being 'built'- what is the world coming to?

The no Gen 3 tutor thing is just the icing on the cake... :(

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
To DHR and the team, will there be research threads like tm locations and all that? I was gonna take notes so I could contribute to them if needed but I don't know if we need them considering how much we know already because of dumps / leaks / stream (I've been neglecting this thread to try and avoid spoilers)
We haven't discussed this yet, but a basic "quick path" game guide with pokemon locations and notable encounters still probably makes sense. And it surely wouldn't hurt to have TM location and mega stone location guides either. I'm sure we'll have the usual in-game tiering thread too, but we should wait until we've actually played a lot of ORAS before we get that together.

I'll talk to DHR-107 and Codraroll about this, but if any of you experienced OI people are interested in helping out or running such a thread, let us know!

For reference, and an example of the format stuff will probably take, for X/Y we had the following:

Basic in-game research guidelines
Quick and dirty path and info
TM location guide
Mega Stone location guide

So previous gen Rayquaza can get Dragon Ascent? I don't know japanese, lol. Needs to know if its worth restarting my Soul silver go get a shiny. But it wouldn't make sense if only ORAS Raqyauza could MEvo, don't think Gamefreak would be that cruel :P

I'm pretty impressed with Hoopa Unbound, at least in that it looks better than expected. The long tail and Nidoking-like face make it look more like a pokemon than the genies at least. Still strange, but I prefer it to its bound form as at least it looks fairly cool and intimidating (normal Hoopa always looked to me like a fairly basic Ghost type rather than a legendary).

Figures though that the first game to allow the non-event capture of an event pokemon would be a pokemon I have a couple of already...

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Just got mine, made a coffee and about to go binge on Alpha Sapphire. Goodbye pre release thread :') I look forward to discussing our own adventures when the new thread is up!

To DHR and the team, will there be research threads like tm locations and all that? I was gonna take notes so I could contribute to them if needed but I don't know if we need them considering how much we know already because of dumps / leaks / stream (I've been neglecting this thread to try and avoid spoilers)

Yeah mine was boring too, no where near as many people as XY had. If I knew there was going to be a tournament I would have gone earlier. (There was also a cringe-worthy Pikachu imitation comp lol)
We haven't discussed this yet, but a basic "quick path" game guide with pokemon locations and notable encounters still probably makes sense. And it surely wouldn't hurt to have TM location and mega stone location guides either. I'm sure we'll have the usual in-game tiering thread too, but we should wait until we've actually played a lot of ORAS before we get that together.

I'll talk to DHR-107 and Codraroll about this, but if any of you experienced OI people are interested in helping out or running such a thread, let us know!

For reference, and an example of the format stuff will probably take, for X/Y we had the following:

Basic in-game research guidelines
Quick and dirty path and info
TM location guide
Mega Stone location guide
I have asked one of our Resident Aussies, Its_A_Random to make up a thread for discoveries like we had before (Or like how I did the Quick And Dirty Path). As they are getting the game "now". I believe his thread will go up in about 5 hours time or so. Put down any notes you have guys and we can start getting locations sorted etc.

As we are not covering anything "new" in a sense, and we already have huge amounts of dumps, there will be a lot less for us to discover this time around. I am behind IAR and his running of the thread and I am going to help him as best I can. I would lead these threads, but I am European (Like Codraroll) So we do not get the games till next week...

NoCheese If you want to make an individual thread for TM locations you can do.

From the pastbin text it seems there are a lot of bizarre cameo's connected to event pokemon.

Like apparently Brandon (the Battle Pyramid Brain) once had a TV show where he searched for Volcanion in various parts of the world.

And the pair that harass you for your Diancie in Kalos show up again for the mega-stone event, and it seems their master is the Karate Guy from that smaller mansion in Kalos too (the guy who played the pokeflute for you to wake up Snorlax). But I might be reading into that one.

...okay seriously, somebody at Gamefreak is being an epic level troll here.

NoCheese

"Jack, you have debauched my sloth!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I have asked one of our Resident Aussies, Its_A_Random to make up a thread for discoveries like we had before (Or like how I did the Quick And Dirty Path). As they are getting the game "now". I believe his thread will go up in about 5 hours time or so. Put down any notes you have guys and we can start getting locations sorted etc.

As we are not covering anything "new" in a sense, and we already have huge amounts of dumps, there will be a lot less for us to discover this time around. I am behind IAR and his running of the thread and I am going to help him as best I can. I would lead these threads, but I am European (Like Codraroll) So we do not get the games till next week...

NoCheese If you want to make an individual thread for TM locations you can do.
It's an Aussie takeover! cant say has very kindly volunteered to handle the TM/Mega Stones location thread, so I'm sure he'll create that soon. But do please be patient as we get these things going!

Joeyboy

Has got the gift of gab
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
And the pair that harass you for your Diancie in Kalos show up again for the mega-stone event, and it seems their master is the Karate Guy from that smaller mansion in Kalos too (the guy who played the pokeflute for you to wake up Snorlax). But I might be reading into that one.
What is this? When you bring Diancie into X&Y theres like an in-game event?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)