XY Ubers Xerneas s'versatility

Introduction :
I builded this team before the suspect test of Gengarite. This team allowed me to have 2400 COIL for the Gengarite Suspect Test. I was to lazy to ladd for Shadow Tag Suspect test...With ORAS OU, i think i can show my team !

Teambuilding process :
I don't remember my teambuilding, because i delete my cookies and the order of my mons shows my teambuilding :[. Xerneas Geomancy, Kyogre because i like it, Landorus-T as my rock setter, Arceus-Poison to check Xerneas, and Yveltal to counter EKiller.

The Squad (edit in bold) :

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Toxic

Before i saw in the Ubers Thread Discussion Landorus-T Physically Defensive > Groudon Physically Defensive, Groudon was in this place. But Landorus-T counter Blaziken(Mega) with no sun, so it better. EdgeQuake for coverage, Stealth Rock is mandatory. For the last slot, i choosed Toxic. The spread is really classical.

Kyogre @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder
- Surf

I think every team should have a revenge killer. I wanted to use Choice Specs Kyogre, but i really needed a Choice Scarfer. I tested Palkia Scarf, Yveltal Scarf, even Xerneas Scarf. But i think Kyogre Scarf fits better in my team. The moves don't need explaination. I choosed Modest nature because Kyogre like the boost of power. But Deoxys-A LO is really a threat to my team, maybe Timid nature. But it is rare, that's why i run Modest.

Palkia @ Lustrous Orb
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spacial Rend
- Dragon Tail / Hydro Pump
- Fire Blast
- Thunder Wave

All teams must have a check / counter to Kyogre. Palkia is obviously the best, it have a x4 resistance to Water. Lustrous Orb is the best set atm. Dragon Tail to phaze Gothitelle and Arceus CM. I don't run HPump, because Ferrothorn and Scizor-Mega can be annoying without Fire Blast. I prefer Spacial Rend, but Draco Meteor is clearly a good option. Again, the spread is standard.

Yveltal @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Taunt
- Sucker Punch
- Roost

Physically Defensive Yveltal. It so good... This thing don't OHKOed by EKiller +2 LO Arceus after Stealth Rock damage, that's amazing. Foul Play to OHKO this EKiller +2. Sucker Punch is a nice priority, to catch LO Deoxys-A because it can sweep all my team without it (fuck Extreme Speed mindgames with Deoxys-A). Roost for staying power, and Taunt because it is allows me to 50/50 against Deoxys-S lead (if u Taunt, i can Foul Play and u just have Stealth Rock, if u Stealth Rock i can Taunt). 248 HP to have Stealth Rock number, the rest in Defense. 8 Speed to creep another Yveltal.

Arceus-Poison @ Toxic Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 52 SpD / 56 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Poison Jab
- Thunder Wave
- Recover

Arceus-Poison... He is really unrated... The funny thing about it, it is when my opponent see i don't have Xerneas check (he don't know what type of Arceus i'm running). So he can set up with Geomancy, no ? No. Arceus-Poison is here. TWave to cripple Xerneas and another stuff. Poison Jab over Judgement to have more damage against +2 Xerneas. Defog and Recover, typical moves of Arceus-Support. I invested in Def to take better Psyshock of Xerneas. 56 Speed to outrun Adamant Rayquaza and 52 Special Defense to never 2HKO'ed by +2 Moonblast Xerneas.

Xerneas @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 100 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 128 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Focus Blast

Xerneas Geomancy. Usually my win condition. Pretty self-explanatory, but i must write the 3 lines of description :[. I choosed the coverage with Moonblast / Thunder / Hidden Power Fire. I know Focus Blast is better for coverage but i think you know... Yeah, miss Focus Blast when you 're going to sweep all your opponent's team is just horrible. The spread is standard. I just put more speed because of HP Fire. I 'm thinking to change Xerneas moveset, because this thing is just versatile.

Threat List :
Well-build Stall : I don't have any stallbreaker, bar Yveltal who can't pass Xerneas. If the opponent don't choke, i can't win the game.

Xerneas Geoomancy with Psychic : Fuck. If Stealth Rock isn't up Arceus-Poison can survive !

LO Yveltal : Since Xerneas can't switch into this thing, I must sac a mon and go to Xerneas.

Ho-Oh : If it comes it can have a kill. Fortunately, it comes on nothing. Landorus-T has Stone Edge, Kyogre probably spam Water Spout, Palkia can cripple it in the switch with statuts, Arceus too, and Xerneas has Thunder.

CM Restalker Kyogre : My Palkia is my only check to Kyogre. But Kyogre beats Palkia in 1vs1 :[.

Shoutouts :
French fren (Myogui <3)
Edgar, haxiom, ApplepieFTW, Level 56 because they put a lot of work to rate XY Ubers Teams.

Last edited:

PISTOLERO

I come to bury Caesar, not to praise him.
Hello Vinc608, it's very nice to see a team with Arceus-Poison as it's one of my favourite formes :).

As regards the team, it seems fairly solid, but from your threatlist and from appraising the team I can see your issues with stall as well. You really need to watch out for Arceus getting trapped by Shadow Tag users, however, as if that happens you seem to lose to Xerneas almost automatically. I was going to recommend Giratina-Origin over Landorus for priority and to check a lot of the same things that Landorus does, but doing this leaves you without Stealth Rock. I'm really not sure how to fix all of the issues in your threatlist as each fix seems to exacarbate a pointed weakness to something else, although you can still get around a couple of these things by playing well. The main issue I have with this team is that you are using very offensive Pokemon such as Lustrous Orb Palkia and Geomancy Xerneas alongside much more defensive Pokemon such as Arceus-Poison. You could change the Palkia set to include Rest, but this increases issues with Steel-types and means Palkia is either Shadow Tag weak or cannot spread Toxic. You - could - run the following set, which is a homebrew set of mine, but the lack of Toxic is quite noticeable a lot of the time:

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Dragon Tail
- Rest

The HP EVs are to tank Scarf and Specs Kyogre more comfortably, whilst Dragon Tail lets you phaze away Shadow Tag users and also Calm Mind Arceus, several of which Palkia has a fair matchup against.

If you wanted to, you could switch from Choice Scarf Kyogre + Palkia to the following mons:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

This gives you a Scarf user that outspeed Deoxys, checks Kyogre (albeit shakily), and can also check Ho-Oh (also somewhat shakily, it resists both Brave Bird and Sacred Fire, but fears burns and Earthquake), as well as something that can blow up the vast majority of stall teams due to its raw power.

Physically defensive Landorus-Therian + physically defensive Landorus-Therian also seems rather redundant to me, I would recommend to replace one or the other but I cannot see a solution that would improve your team in one aspect without making it weak to Blaziken... maybe the other team raters can pick up where I leave off, I'm so tired lol. I guess you could try Stealth Rock Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Taunt / Stone Edge
- Roost

This can take quite a beating from Ho-Oh, as the Speed invested means that you should be able to outspeed most Choice Band Ho-Oh, and Roost stall them with Brave Bird recoil. It also does not fear burns once the orb is activated, and can absorb Thunder Wave and Toxic very nicely. Taunt can help you stallbreak, whilst Stone Edge can be used if you intensely hate Ho-Oh and are scared of Substitute variants that Substitute on the switch into Gliscor. Again, this is just a suggestion, I'm curious as to what the other raters think of this~

Lastly, I would run 52 Special Defense EVs on Arceus-Poison myself, as it allows you to deal with Xerneas's Moonblast:

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Arceus-Poison: 187-221 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

meaning that you will never be 2HKOed and can therefore Recover stall it if you have to. You can take the SpDef EVs out of Defense as you will still live a Psyshock.

Last edited:
Hello Vinc608, it's very nice to see a team with Arceus-Poison as it's one of my favourite formes :).

As regards the team, it seems fairly solid, but from your threatlist and from appraising the team I can see your issues with stall as well. You really need to watch out for Arceus getting trapped by Shadow Tag users, however, as if that happens you seem to lose to Xerneas almost automatically. I was going to recommend Giratina-Origin over Landorus for priority and to check a lot of the same things that Landorus does, but doing this leaves you without Stealth Rock. I'm really not sure how to fix all of the issues in your threatlist as each fix seems to exacarbate a pointed weakness to something else, although you can still get around a couple of these things by playing well. The main issue I have with this team is that you are using very offensive Pokemon such as Lustrous Orb Palkia and Geomancy Xerneas alongside much more defensive Pokemon such as Arceus-Poison. You could change the Palkia set to include Rest, but this increases issues with Steel-types and means Palkia is either Shadow Tag weak or cannot spread Toxic. You - could - run the following set, which is a homebrew set of mine, but the lack of Toxic is quite noticeable a lot of the time:

Palkia @ Leftovers
EVs: 60 HP / 196 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Spacial Rend
- Dragon Tail
- Rest

The HP EVs are to tank Scarf and Specs Kyogre more comfortably, whilst Dragon Tail lets you phaze away Shadow Tag users and also Calm Mind Arceus, several of which Palkia has a fair matchup against.
I'm don't a huge fan to this set, but an idea came to me thanks to you. Maybe Dragon Tail > Toxic ?

If you wanted to, you could switch from Choice Scarf Kyogre + Palkia to the following mons:

Kyogre @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Surf
- Water Spout
- Ice Beam
- Thunder

Zekrom @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Bolt Strike
- Draco Meteor
- Volt Switch

This gives you a Scarf user that outspeed Deoxys, checks Kyogre (albeit shakily), and can also check Ho-Oh (also somewhat shakily, it resists both Brave Bird and Sacred Fire, but fears burns and Earthquake), as well as something that can blow up the vast majority of stall teams due to its raw power.
But it don't solve my problems, with my luck Scald will burn the first time and Sacred Fire too. Yeah, this is a good suggestion. I will give a try.

Physically defensive Landorus-Therian + physically defensive Landorus-Therian Yveltal also seems rather redundant to me, I would recommend to replace one or the other but I cannot see a solution that would improve your team in one aspect without making it weak to Blaziken... maybe the other team raters can pick up where I leave off, I'm so tired lol. I guess you could try Stealth Rock Gliscor:

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 196 Def / 60 Spe
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Taunt / Stone Edge
- Roost

This can take quite a beating from Ho-Oh, as the Speed invested means that you should be able to outspeed most Choice Band Ho-Oh, and Roost stall them with Brave Bird recoil. It also does not fear burns once the orb is activated, and can absorb Thunder Wave and Toxic very nicely. Taunt can help you stallbreak, whilst Stone Edge can be used if you intensely hate Ho-Oh and are scared of Substitute variants that Substitute on the switch into Gliscor. Again, this is just a suggestion, I'm curious as to what the other raters think of this~
I will try this suggestion too.

Lastly, I would run 52 Special Defense EVs on Arceus-Poison myself, as it allows you to deal with Xerneas's Moonblast:

+2 252+ SpA Fairy Aura Xerneas Moonblast vs. 252 HP / 52 SpD Arceus-Poison: 187-221 (42.1 - 49.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

meaning that you will never be 2HKOed and can therefore Recover stall it if you have to. You can take the SpDef EVs out of Defense as you will still live a Psyshock.
I edit the OP

After tests, i think Palkia with Rest is a set-up fooder for Xerneas. I don't like Palkia < Zekrom because of the popularity of Arceus-Electric CM (Edgar, why do you have popularised this ?). I prefer Gliscor > Landorus-T, even if Lando have better Physical bulk with Intimidate.
Any other thoughts ?

I edited the OP, Palkia with Dragon Tail is better, because it can phaze Shadow Tag users like Gothitelle. I can't phaze Arceus-Fairy, but it is rare. Xerneas is crippled by TWave, and Klefki and Mawile-Mega are immune to poison.
252 SpA Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gothitelle: 123-145 (35.8 - 42.2%) -- 92.7% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
Btw thx for the rate Pistolero
Any other advices ?

Last edited:

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man cool team, nice to see an Arceus-Poison to check Xern as it's somewhat uncommon. The main thing I'm a little worried about is you are a little too reliant on Xerneas to win. For example you don't have a lot of Toxic to stall thing out or hazard stacking to wear things down. Maybe you could try Double Dance Lando-T, as it is able to set up on most of the Steel-types that come in to check Xern (pretend you are going for Geomancy but switch Lando in instead). It doesn't have to worry about Twave because its immune and Lum helps against Toxic / Burn.

Landorus-Therian @ Lum Berry
EVs: 140 HP / 252 Atk / 116 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Then for Stealth Rock you could use Specially Defensive Dialga over Palika. Its Draco Meteor is still quite strong and even uninvested Fire Blast roasts stuff like Ferro. For the last slot you could run Roar to prevent people setting up on a predicted switch or Toxic to wear down more stuff. Also with rain you can deal with Ho-Oh really well as long as it doesn't have EQ.

Dialga @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Toxic
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast

Anyway good luck with your team!

Thanks for the rate :]. Yeah, but just a minor thing, Groudon is better in the role of Double Dance, no ? This is just a question, i don't know what it is fits better in my team. I will try your suggestion when i have the time ^^

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
They are both even I'd say, in this case Lando's Ground immunity is nice because of Dialga and Arc Poison's weakness and Intimidate is cool to have in a pinch

These changes are really good, even if the ladder deleted my elo and i play against noobs. I edit the OP when i have time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)