ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't want to start up my games to find out halfway through that "Oh, sorry, but since you picked this starter you are now locked out of catching these Legendaries! Better luck next time!". Especially if those Legendaries are the most competitively viable ones. >.>;
This! I'm still disappointed that I couldn't get Zapdos because I picked Froakie... not cool GF.

How do you guys have the game? I thought it came out on the 21st?
In places like Australia, it IS the 21st due to them being many, many time zones ahead of the US.
I won't be playing it for another 24 hours.

http://pokemon.wikia.com/wiki/Pokémon_Omega_Ruby_and_Alpha_Sapphire

Are these version exclusives legit? If so, I'm extremely happy! Only missing Latios, and I have a decent Yveltal on my Y version.
What? I hope that is true since I will be able to get Xerneas without needing to playthrough X.
EDIT: I'm skeptical of this cause some strange information on this wiki, including claims that Groudon and Kyogre will not Primal Revert for the player. If this was true, then what was the point?

Last edited:
Do the 3 box legendaries get caught immediately by any Pokeball like Glalie in the demo? If they don't then... Werster is a wizard or something. 2x Pokeball captures at half health is... unlikely

In places like Australia, it IS the 21st due to them being many, many time zones ahead of the US.
I won't be playing it for another 24 hours.

What? I hope that is true since I will be able to get Xerneas without needing to playthrough X.
EDIT: I'm skeptical of this cause some strange information on this wiki, including claims that Groudon and Kyogre will not Primal Revert for the player. If this was true, then what was the point?
Lucky buggers. I wish I lived in the future.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Do the 3 box legendaries get caught immediately by any Pokeball like Glalie in the demo? If they don't then... Werster is a wizard or something. 2x Pokeball captures at half health is... unlikely
Nope, their not required captures meaning if you want to catch them pre-Elite Four you're in for quite a battle. However if you KO them they'll reappear after defeating the Elite Four (which you may want to do if you want to SR for a good one. Apparently if you catch them in the story you'll have to wait through a long cutscene before you can check to see if they have the right IVs and Nature).

I even more skeptical of the claims of getting Xerneas and Yveltal in ORAS cause the Pokémon Wiki is kind of a mess.
Hell, I can't even understand this:
Mega Evolution was originally the transformation method, but keep the method as evolution method though to be transformation method.
This is why I stick to Bulbapedia.

So it looks like there possibly aren't any version exclusive Mega Stones. I think Serebii has Char-X, Mewtwo-Y, Manectric and Houndoom, which were in separate versions in XY. Mawilite and Sablite seem to be in the same version as well. Still possible, but looking less likely.

Haha, when you get to the Battle Resort, the "friendly" team wonder if there is a world where they awoke the other legendary.

The writing is really good in this game, it's made me laugh a lot actually.

Nope, their not required captures meaning if you want to catch them pre-Elite Four you're in for quite a battle. However if you KO them they'll reappear after defeating the Elite Four (which you may want to do if you want to SR for a good one. Apparently if you catch them in the story you'll have to wait through a long cutscene before you can check to see if they have the right IVs and Nature).
Hold up...is this confirmed?

I don't think so? I fail to see how the Delta Episode plays out if you KO Rayquaza... but Kyogre/Groudon probably work that way
If you KO Groudon or Kyorge in the main story and defeat the Elite Four and Champion they'll respawn and you won't have to sit through the cutscene this time around.

I don't think so? I fail to see how the Delta Episode plays out if you KO Rayquaza... but Kyogre/Groudon probably work that way
I'd actually like to know if it's possible with Rayquaza (probably goes back to the Sky Pillar if anything) & Deoxys, too. It'd certainly make SRing for them a lot less of a pain if you could go back and catch each one individually.

And on the subject of Rayquaza, 100% confirmation that Dragon Ascent can be taught to past-gen Rayquaza would be nice, too. I only see people assuming that's the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)