Skarmory @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Whirlwind
- Spikes
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Physical wall+Spiker. I typically find myself either leading with it or switching it in when I expect an EQ. Whirlwind helps rack up entry hazard damage along with the PHazing and is especially hilarious when you anticipate a switch with it, Spikes is there so that Megatar isn't my only hazard-setter (also why it has Spikes instead of SR), Roost is helpful for walling, and Brave Bird is there as a high-power STAB move. As for the EV spread, HP is standard for walls, while the speed is helpful for that extra chance of going first and either setting spikes or preventing opposing setup with Whirlwind.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

My usual lead and main damage threat outside of hazards, SR is SR, Fire Blast for coverage, Stone Edge is a good high-power STAB, and Pursuit screws over anything trying to switch out because they can't do much against it. HP and SpD EVs because I need a good special wall.

Gourgeist-Super @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def / 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Leech Seed
- Shadow Sneak

My preferred spinblocker; not having Natural Cure/Harvest is slightly dissapointing when compared to Trevenant, but Gourgeist has better Def and only slighty worse SpD and Spe. That said, Seed Bomb is an excellent STAB to take care of the common spinners, Shadow Sneak is decent priority for whittling down anything that doesn't resist ghost-type moves, Leech Seed grants some recovery and/or forces a switch, and WoW reduces the threat of physical attackers.

Goodra @ Leftovers
Ability: Gooey
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Infestation
- Dragon Tail

- Rest
- Sleep Talk

My answer to magic bouncers; everything with Magic Bounce in XY is either Psychic or Dark, both of which take super-effective damage from Infestation, and Dragon Tail lets me PHaze them. Resttalk is a great recovery tool that also lets me get rid of toxic/burn/paralysis. However, I've been very unlucky with sleep talk, either using rest every freaking time or miscounting my asleep turns and waking up the turn I try and use it.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Protect
- Wish
- Aromatherapy

The cleric. Free switch-in when the opponent locks into Outrage, and although the HP stat makes for relatively mediocre wishes, most of my mons have fairly low HP so it still gives a good % for when I pass it. Moonblast is there as a reasonably strong STAB.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 248 HP / 244 Def / 16 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic
- Ice Beam

My spinner+bulky water-type. Scald is the main STAB move, due to its burn chance, Ice Beam for coverage+hax, and Toxic puts anything other than poison/steel types on a timer. Makes an excellent switch-in for drainers like Poison Heal Breloom (if I can bait the Drain Punch; obviously I'm screwed if said Breloom goes for a grass-type move)

Last edited:

Pent

dumb broad
Okay. I see your team could possibly based off of sand. Ever thought of running Excadrill instead of Tentacruel for a Spinner? With Sand Rush, you can outspeed alot of things, and he has a good variety of moves.

Okay. I see your team could possibly based off of sand. Ever thought of running Excadrill instead of Tentacruel for a Spinner? With Sand Rush, you can outspeed alot of things, and he has a good variety of moves.
I'd be willing to try it out; what set would you recommend?

Pent

dumb broad
This is the main set for most sand teams

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin

This is the main set for most sand teams

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide
- Rapid Spin
This is a stall team.....

Which loses badly to stallbreaker Mew, Mega Medicham, and Mega Gardevoir.

Replace Gourgeist-S with Doublade so you do not get ran over by MMedi and MGarde.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This team still needs a bit of work. I can get further into it later or tomorrow.

There's no item clause so you can use 6 leftovers..thats the whole purpose of a stall team. Don't use gourg in OU..use Mega Venusaur instead and change Tyranitar to an SR variant

you welcome
Tyranitar is never used on stall to begin with.

What you would use on XY OU stall is Zard X / Doublade / Clefable and Crocune answer / Skarmory / Keldeo check / Chansey (and yes, you need Zard X, without it, you lose to stallbreaker Mew).

EDIT: 800th post

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)