The Smogon MixTape (1k Extravaganza)

termi

bike is short for bichael
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Funeralopolis

suppose I can't vote for my own noms but if I can then I am doing that too :]

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Heh this reminds me of my xK post where I did a DJ mix filled with songs suggested by Smogonites. I'm disappointed at your lack of dance music options offered in the OP though, please rectify that and I'll proceed to give my suggestions! Congrats on 1k

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The polls will now be closed and our winners are...

1. Black Sabbath - War Pigs 3
  2. Electric Wizard - Funeralopolis 2
  3. Agalloch - Not Unlike the Waves 2

Other voted music

Metallica - Blackened 1
Kreator - Demon Prince 1
Steel Panther - Death To All But Metal 1
Strong Bad - TROGDOR!! 1
Helloween - Eagle Fly Free 1
Dark Tranquillity - ...Of Melancholy Burning 1
Dismember - Skin Her Alive 1
Bathory - A Fine Day to Die 1
Jesu - Your Path to Divinity 1
Godflesh - Like Rats 1

Not as many votes as the first round but either way, these songs will be added to the mixtape! We will now start the process again for the 3rd time. Nominate 3 metal songs you believe should be in the mixtape. You have 48 hours to nominate music and you are free to renominate any of the music that was already nominated. Have fun!

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Metallica - One
Renominating because it's still a great track. Second only to "Blackened" and maybe "For Whom The Bell Tolls" in their entire catalog, I think.

Motorhead - Orgasmatron
A classic.

Kreator - Reconquering the Throne
Inflikted - I gotta thank you for introducing me to these guys. I've loved pretty much all their material that I've heard.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus

Inflikted

Orco2
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Mine is the grandeur...Of Melancholy Burning
Reconquering the Throne
One
Left Hand Path

Last edited:
...Of Melancholy Burning
Reconquering the Throne
because Kreator rule
Predator, y'all need to step up your game imo
and uhhhh, Orgasmatron, I don't want to vote 2 of my songs

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
The voting period is now over. Here are your winners....

1. Dark Tranquillity - ...Of Melancholy Burning 4
  2. Metallica - One 4
Pantera - Cowboys From Hell 3
Kreator - Reconquering the Throne 3

Due to a tie, everyone will be able to vote which of these 2 songs should take 3rd place. At the same time, you can nominate 3 more metal songs that you would like on this list. This is the final round for metal so bring out the best of the best! As usual, you will have 48 hours to nominate your favorite songs and you are free to renominate any song you like. To keep things simple, your vote for what song makes it in 3rd place will also be due in 48 hours. Have fun!

Other votes

Entombed - Left Hand Path 2
Motorhead - Orgasmatron 2
Vader - Predator 1
Metallica - Master of Puppets 1
Slipknot - Psychosocial 1

cowboys from hell

dawn - sorrow flew on black wings
darkthrone - transilvanian hunger
morbid angel - pain divine

Kreator - Reconquering the Throne

My Nominations:
Emperor - I Am the Black Wizards - I debated pretty hard about which black metal track I wanted to nominate, but at the end of the day I wanted something a bit timeless, and I think "I Am the Black Wizards" fits that quite well. Almost any song off of Emperor's first album could have gone here to be honest, that album is front to back fantastic.

Melvins - Boris - This list could use some sludge pretty badly in my opinion so here's my attempt to get some through. When it comes to pure, unadulterated sludge, few do it better than Melvins. As well as generally being one of Melvins' best songs, this song is also where Japanese Sludge/Doom/Stoner/whatever they want to be Metal legends Boris get their name from.

Death - Pull the Plug - Death is my favorite metal band, any genre. From their raw, sledgehammer-to-the-face roots of Scream Bloody Gore to their later run of progressive death metal masterpieces, Death never put out a single album I don't enjoy to some extent (let's be real though The Sound of Perseverance fans, that album does get a bit too wanky in places). This whole list could be Death songs and I would be fine with that. This particular song is not only important to Death's discography but death metal as a whole. Even in their later concerts where they would play pretty much none of their early material, Death almost always played "Pull the Plug", attesting to it's status as death metal classic.

Bonus: This list has enough thrash on it already, but here's what WOULD have been my thrash nomination: Artillery - Khomaniac
If thrash is a slave to the (un)holy power of the riff, then I can't think of a band better than Artillery to represent it. Artillery run through more fantastic riffs in this song alone than in most lesser bands careers.

dwarfstar

mindless philosopher
Reconquering the Throne

Nominations for this round:

Motorhead - Orgasmatron

Rage Against the Machine - Know Your Enemy
Choosing just one is a struggle.

Kicking myself for forgetting about the Melvins. Nice one, DVM.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)