Gen 6 Omega Ruby / Alpha Sapphire Mega Evo discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
M Rayquaza is pretty monstrous but I don't know if it could be called the strongest Pokemon ever. RB Mewtwo was pretty insane. It's easy to forget just how strong it was but RB Mewtwo had 252 EVs in each stat. Calculated with today's numbers if we pretend RB Mewtwo was neutral natured with 4 HP / 252 SA / 252 Speed that means it has 136 / 140 / 121 / 154 / 186 / 130 base stats alongside what is effectively Amnesia + Nasty Plot in one move. Granted Mewtwo doesn't get an ability + item + nature but back then, neither did anything else. Did I mention R/B Mewtwo had no weaknesses? Yeah.

I would face Mega Rayquaza a hundred times before I ever faced another R/B Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Thugly Duckling

I play TCG now
As it is on the sim right now, Mega Rayquaza must be holding Rayquazite. I don't speak for Nintendo (lol!), but I'm pretty sure it will stay that way.

On an aside, LatiAs-Mega (notice specified A over @)'s niche resides in being able to beat PDon :]

Latias-Mega (F) @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 56 Def / 204 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Roost
- Psyshock
- Dragon Pulse / Draco Meteor

204 Speed outspeeds max speed positive natured base 90s. Rest invested in bulk.

I haven't yet run it through the calc (it's broken, damn it), but that set should be able to come in on anything un SD boosted and do some decent damage :]

ya uh Lati@s has to worry about this fucker o3o

and we thought M-Gengar and GeoXern were OP, we thought P-Don was the game changer in ORAS

You see i think GF had an epiphany that they can break the fuck outta these Box Legends cause they ain't gonna show up at VGCs anytime this century. We Ubers players are left to face the consequences and its really huge ass jaw.

Can M-RayRay run a bad set? More Bulk than a Mew, the offences of Deo-A and the speed of...well actually the only half decent thing with 115 speed is Raikou but still its quick.With priority and only 3 2x weaknesses and a Stealth Rock Weakness to whittle it down. Stack on to that priority, coverage, high base power moves and the dreaded item, and you got a broken mon even by ubers standards. a team without M-RayRay is a bad one.

The only negative is that as far as i know you can't run another mega (Praise Arceus....is that relevant now? should it be praise M-RayRay?) which is a blessing, could you imagine this thing paired with M-Gengar?

Stack on the fact you can still run the two primals, geoxern and a Arceus with this thing and....
Sadly, Rayquaza has no recovery; so its decent bulk cannot be put to good use. I think however if stall somehow emerges from this meta Mega-Salamence can definitely run a Phys.Defensive set.

Inb4 ban mega rayQ cuz stall dies. (reasoning: see shadow tag suspect test)

I realize I'm heavily sniping at fireburn and co IDGAF
Fyi, Ubers doesn't ban to preserve playstyles or viability of mons.

Mega Rayquaza. Counter to Ray, counter to counter to Ray, hazards, cleric and glue?
>Mega-Rayquaza
>Counter

Last edited:
well, what you can do is only trying hard to stop it set up

there is a scary fact , even a ditto will get beat by mega ray

+2 LO Espeed OHKO ditto without SR , but ditto can't OHKO Mega Raquaza with +2Espeed (since ditto got 300hp only and don't have 30% LO boost)
How does one do that, you're acting like it's hard to do so.

Ok enough "RIP Ubers" posts please, we all know Mega Rayquaza is gonna be tough to deal with. Instead talk about why it is so overpowered, what variants you might want to try, etc. I'm waiting for ORAS to be released in the US before posting theorymon myself B).

Mega Rayquaza is so good that that there's alot of items it can use effectively. Lead Focus Sash sets, Lum Berry DD/SD to stop WoW and T-wave shenanigans. Choice Scarf set will be a great cleanup sweeper and revenge killer. CB Dragon Ascent will hit like a truck, all out attacker will be amazing as well. Man I'm excited.

Hold on, question.
Can you even use V-Create with Dragon Ascent with Rayquaza?

Cause from what I am getting, you can only M-Evolve that Mega Ray you got in the game? Or is it any Rayquaza?
Could it be like a Keldeo thing where it needs Dragon Ascent in order to have the ability to M-Evolve? Is there a way to (re)teach Dragon Ascent other than the Story Event?

yohoE

I'm jus Here for da memes r wateva dem shits called
Hold on, question.

Cause from what I am getting, you can only M-Evolve that Mega Ray you got in the game? Or is it any Rayquaza.
I don't think it's confirmed yet - either way, it's not much of a problem if you can't use V-Create.

Hold on, question.

Cause from what I am getting, you can only M-Evolve that Mega Ray you got in the game? Or is it any Rayquaza.
IIRC they found the tutor for Dragon Ascent but either way why do you need V-create when you have DA and Overheat/Flamethrower.

I just looked it up a little bit. There is a tutor, I am just not sure if it has to be a 3DS era Rayquaza.
Man, if the Ho-oh that they let you catch cannot have a Hidden Ability, I would be quite disappointed.

208hp 208Def 92SpA Salamence can stop +1 DD set M-Ray which doesn't carry any dragon move

Intimidate -> mega evolution -> hit by +0 Dragon Ascent and lost around 60~70%hp -> dragon meteor 100% 0HkO without SR

252hp 252Def air balloon Dialga can stop +1 DD set M-Ray also +2 SD set M-Ray

T-Wave or dragon meteor directly

Last edited:
Like I said for PDon, max speed +nature is useful for MRay for mirror. I'd love to see the face of Adamant players when OHKOed by DMeteor.

Rayquaza @ Life Orb
Ability: Air Lock (Delta Stream)
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant/Jolly Nature
-Dragon Dance/Swords Dance
-Dragon Ascent
-Earthquake
-ExtremeSpeed

You have the same power than Arceus-Normal with ExtremeSpeed but your coverage moves actually OHKO everything.
Your best chance to stop it is priority sacrifice : WoW Sableye, TW Klefki, Mega-Kang multiple Fake Out.
Ditto RK boosted MRay most of the time or at least weaken it a lot.
SD set won't like support-Arceus WoW, Scarf Genesect, Arceus-Normal ESpeed.
DD set won't like bulkiest mons such as Giratina.

Final word : Use Ditto.

Last edited:
Seriously, it should be forbidden to run non-Mega Rayquaza in Ubers now, it is that good.

I hope it has been confirmed that you can't run another Mega with Mega Rayquaza...or else:
Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon/Kyogre, Mega of Choice, your creativity in team building consist now of 3 Pokemon.

Sadly, Rayquaza has no recovery; so its decent bulk cannot be put to good use. I think however if stall somehow emerges from this meta Mega-Salamence can definitely run a Phys.Defensive set.
Yeah it can't run stall but most standard methods of RKing a pokemon this powerful, like priority, Just won't work. Ever.

You need a Ditto or Really niche shit to stop this thing, and it does have teammates to take care of its counters and one heck of a move pool.

Rayquaza @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Ascent
-Earthquake/fireblast
-ExtremeSpeed

Without Super effective moves its going to be impossible to 1hko Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence can't kill Rayquaza without a Dracometeor or a Outrage. While you set up Dragon Dance's, your opponent will be unable to tell if you are running Life Orb or Weakness Policy and in most cases will trigger your weakness policy. Dragon Dance is important for fast ghost types like Mega Gengar and Darkrai is still a thing. Earthquake is a strong coverage, but with weakness policy Fireblast can be run just as easily. Extreme speed because its extreme speed and priority is always good.

If you manage to set up stealth rocks and safely switch in Rayquaza, your opponent might as well just say GG.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Rayquaza @ Weakness Policy
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spe
Adamant Nature
-Dragon Dance
-Dragon Ascent
-Earthquake/fireblast
-ExtremeSpeed

Without Super effective moves its going to be impossible to 1hko Mega Rayquaza, Mega Salamence can't kill Rayquaza without a Dracometeor or a Outrage. While you set up Dragon Dance's, your opponent will be unable to tell if you are running Life Orb or Weakness Policy and in most cases will trigger your weakness policy. Dragon Dance is important for fast ghost types like Mega Gengar and Darkrai is still a thing. Earthquake is a strong coverage, but with weakness policy Fireblast can be run just as easily. Extreme speed because its extreme speed and priority is always good.

If you manage to set up stealth rocks and safely switch in Rayquaza, your opponent might as well just say GG.
unless you have priority status.

It's funny how primal groudon can't be twaved or willowisped and completely destroys thundurus/klefki/sabelye that might try to fuck with rayquaza

unless you have priority status.
Priority status hasn't been a problem, if I know the will-o-wisp/t-wave is coming, I just switch into primal groudon, toxic isn't a problem as I would have finished sweeping or just tore a big hole in their team before it finishes me off.

Anyways, weakness policy hasn't been that great in testing so far, switched back to life orb for the time being. Also Lightclay Arcues Normal with duel screens have been incredible helpful so far.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Priority status hasn't been a problem, if I know the will-o-wisp/t-wave is coming, I just switch into primal groudon, toxic isn't a problem as I would have finished sweeping or just tore a big hole in their team before it finishes me off.

Anyways, weakness policy hasn't been that great in testing so far, switched back to life orb for the time being. Also Lightclay Arcues Normal with duel screens have been incredible helpful so far.
Rayquaza's boosts still disappear, giving you a chance to win before he comes back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)