ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gamefreak really screwed up their marketing for this one. They should have kept some Megas back from being revealed, and maybe not mentioned the Delta Episode had anything to do with Deoxys. Then everyone would have been "New Megas, awesome! And we can get Deoxys ingame! That almost makes up for no Frontier. These games aren't perfect, but they're pretty great!"
Not really. lol. It was your decision to look up these spoilers. Some people choose not to even look at the info from corocoro and the trailers. Sure it might be hard to stay away from these spoilers, but still, it's your choice regardless whether you want to enter a Pokemon-Themed Website and you're kind of expected to get spoilers.

I'm ready to say outright that Hoenn's contest ribbons are either gone, or they have been rolled into a single ribbon for the Master rank. In either case, you no longer get a ribbon for winning Normal, Super, and Ultra ranks. Purely aesthetic, but somewhat annoying.

:mad:

Had to be to work at 4:00am today. Went to bed at 9:30pm last night, set my alarm for 11:30 last night, woke up, drove to gamestop. Had WAY more people there than I thought (around 100), only had to wait five minutes to get both OR and AS as they had a good system to get people in and out of the door. Got home, fired up Omega Ruby and chose my starter. Saved and shut off after that. I am work still for another 8 and a half hours so the anticipation is killing me. Man does Littleroot town, the characters and the little bits and pieces I've seen look great though. By reading all of the stuff Serebii at serebii.net had already unlocked/discovered, does this game ever look like a treat!

The little bit of music I've heard is my favorite thing about the games so far. The opening sequence in the truck was awesome with the throwback to the original games. Can't wait to fully dive in this weekend and grind my way slowly through this game. By Sunday evening the lady is going to hate me!

Not really. lol. It was your decision to look up these spoilers. Some people choose not to even look at the info from corocoro and the trailers. Sure it might be hard to stay away from these spoilers, but still, it's your choice regardless whether you want to enter a Pokemon-Themed Website and you're kind of expected to get spoilers.
I'm not on about spoilers. Spoilers are fine. I looked at the data dumps as soon as they were released.
What I'm talking about is people who complain that there are no "new" Megas - "new", meaning not revealed by Gamefreak. If Gamefreak had not shown all the Megas, there would be "new" Megas in the game, despite there being the exact same Megas. Do you see what I mean?
Basically, I'm complaining about people complaining. *punches self*

Just woke up and started to play the game, here are a few thoughts and discoveries on the matter:

* Poke Bank can be used as soon as you get the Pokedex. All Pokemon, including outside the Hoenn Pokedex, can be transferred immediately.
* The Diancite event is triggered when you enter a Pokemon Center with Diancie in the party.
* The music in this game has so far deeply impressed me, I hope it gets better.

For those who have... obtained the soundtrack of the game in some magical way, can anyone tell me what bgm_sg_d_04.dspadpcm is? I love it, but can't remember which part of the original games it is from.

Oh, God...I nailed it! When the data was dumped from the demo, I saw the Gnarled Den and commented on how it was most likely where you found Kyurem! It was to be expected, though, as Kyurem is all kinds of gnarly.

Also, I love how most of my favorite legends are AS exclusives. Lugia, Dialga, Thundurus...Now I feel completely happy with my decision! HA Skrelp, however...I'll have to get that from someone else.

Is there a list of the new egg moves? If so would anyone mind pm'ing it to me so I don't have to risk looking at spoilers in this thread? :)

Cheers

Loving this game. One thing I will say is that I DexNav'd a wild Lotad that was Lv13 on Route 102. Thank god I had Treecko and a few others or I would have been decimated by it's Giga Drain.

As a side note, did anyone else notice they lowered the wild pokemon levels? Bummer.

So far nobody has found the Lucarionite or Garchompite. How odd.

There is also some problems finding Cresselia and Regigigas too. So it seems there are some secrets still to iron out.
Edit: And apparently Lucarionite is a reward for clearing all the contests. Garchompite must have some other unlock requirements, so they are in there. Somewhere.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Lucarionite: beat all master rank contests and defeat Lissa.

Judging from that, maybe garchomp's is to get all 5 trophies in the maison...

OMFG Best Gym Battle ever
Be the gym leader
Milotic Full health Lvl 48
Be me
Kirlia 48 hp, Lvl 44 But 2 calm minds

Turn 1
Milotic used Hydro pump
Kirlia 1 Hp
Kirlia Draining kiss (Does about 1/6th)
Up 24 HP

Turn 2
Milotic used Hydro pump
It missed
Kirlia Used draining kiss
up to 47 hp

Turn 3
Milotic used Hydro pump
Kirlia down to 1 Hp
Kirlia used Draining Kiss
Upto 24 Hp

Turn 4
Milotic used Hydro pump
It missed again (FEKING LOL)
Kirlia used Magical Leaf
Super Effective
Milotic fainted

Few questions I have for this thread. First I am aware that skrelp finally gets its fucking HA, but are there any other pokemon that get their HA's as well? Like tyrunt or snivy. Also blaziken was revealed to get ice punch, a move tutor move that he never received in the previous games. Are there any pokemon that receive new move tutor moves? Like gunk shot beedril or endeavor greninja?

Lucarionite: beat all master rank contests and defeat Lissa.

Judging from that, maybe garchomp's is to get all 5 trophies in the maison...
For the sanity of everyone, I hope it's more like beat the trick house or something.

Also I hope people figure out if there's more to Looker's amnesia! I wanna help the guy out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)