The Everything NFL Punter Thread - 2014/2015 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Just want to say that I predicted the Cardinals to win the NFC west before the season started, so suck my dick (before they lose their last 6 and make me cry :(((()

Really, the Cardinals have easily the best team in the NFL. They can line up and outplay any team you put against them. Also,

They deserve all of it after that.

They are having a nice season but how are are they "easily" the best team in the league? Personally I think the Pats, Broncos, and Packers are much better teams.

The Cards have a 2008 Tennessee Titans feel to them imo, where they have the best record in the league but their success doesnt seem sustainable.

They are having a nice season but how are are they "easily" the best team in the league? Personally I think the Pats, Broncos, and Packers are much better teams.

The Cards have a 2008 Tennessee Titans feel to them imo, where they have the best record in the league but their success doesnt seem sustainable.
i agree. how much faith can you put in a team whose starting QB has less than 10 career starts? and around a ~50% completion percentage? i believe the cards are extremely tough and gritty and they grind out wins but i'm not sure how much longer they can keep this up..

having said that, i'd be happy for them if they won the superbowl, especially in AZ

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
How do they sustain? Their defense stops everything and everybody (demarco was shut down). What stood out to me was that the cards lined up 1 on 1 against dallas and consistently penetrated running lanes. Their defense is brilliant.

The SI article a week ago summed it up pretty well; they have an opportunistic offense that looks similar to the way NE runs theirs. They know how to score enough points to win and thats all they need.

Hosting the packers in the playoffs? I would pick the cardinals. The highly efficient offense would feed off of the defense, who you know would make GB one dimensional and pressure aaron rodgers.

I would only take back what i said because it is objective, btw.

How do they sustain? Their defense stops everything and everybody (demarco was shut down). What stood out to me was that the cards lined up 1 on 1 against dallas and consistently penetrated running lanes. Their defense is brilliant.

The SI article a week ago summed it up pretty well; they have an opportunistic offense that looks similar to the way NE runs theirs. They know how to score enough points to win and thats all they need.

Hosting the packers in the playoffs? I would pick the cardinals. The highly efficient offense would feed off of the defense, who you know would make GB one dimensional and pressure aaron rodgers.

I would only take back what i said because it is objective, btw.
Its really easy to clog up running lanes and shut down Demarco Murray when Brandon Weeden and not Tony Romo is the Cowboys QB. I wouldnt be impressed by that. Also New England's has Tom Brady and Arizona has Drew Stanton, I wouldnt say they are similar offences. New England doesnt have an efficient offence they have an elite offence.

As for picking the them over the Packers. I wouldnt. Cardinals pass defense is ranked 29th against the pass and they only have 18 sacks on the year. Yeah I know sacks arent everything but only 18 sacks? Thats a concern. Do you think Arizona's defense is as good as Miami or Buffalo's who are among the leaders in sacks? I dont.

And Arizona hasnt stopped everything. Peyton did whatever he wanted vs them, Foles and Cousins had no problem moving the ball either. Rodgers would shred that secondary.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Arizona's biggest strength is that they don't really have a weak point. Their defense is solid, their offense gets it done, and their special teams does not make mistakes. They are well coached and disciplined too, which is what has allowed them to prevail in close games all season despite losing their starting QB half the time. I would not say they are the best team in the league though, simply because nothing about them is wholly impressive. All of the other elite teams have something significant that stands out about them, whereas Arizona just seems to win through persistence and determination. Are they a great team? Sure. Are they worthy of their record? Absolutely. Are they the best team in the league? Nope.

I've been a Mike Smith defender for years, but I'm done with him. I've always thought his ability to bring/keep the locker room together (something the Falcons have lacked since ever) was worth the poor decision making, but the Falcons have been a terrible second half team dating all the way back to the 2012 playoffs at least, and his clock management is atrocious and decision making on going for it on 4th down even worse.
x2

sorry Steelers/Ravens fans :c

Time for Peyton to retire after he overthrew Sanders after torching Grimes not once, not twice, but three times in the same drive. MVP my ass.

Time for Peyton to retire after he overthrew Sanders after torching Grimes not once, not twice, but three times in the same drive. MVP my ass.

28/35 257 4 TDs

Missed 3 passes so his entire season is a wash right? Go ahead judge the man leading the NFL in TDs based on 3 passes #6THMVPHEREWECOME

Why do the Niners struggle so much to put away bad teams, they're almost Steelers-esq in playing down to their opponent...nah not even that, their offense just stinks this season even with so many good players. One thing Alex Smith did right at least was to pass Davis the ball, he's more effective than Crabtree.

Next few weeks will be a gut check, 2 matchups with the icky Seahawks in 3 weeks. They could be good and finish that stretch 4-1 considering they can take one against the Seahawks (the loss coming to them at CenturyLink) and beat Cardinals at home, and it's not like San Diego or Oakland are that great. On the other hand, with how crappy they tend to play at times, they could give Oakland their 2nd win of the season and lose to the Cardinals and Seahawks at home, ending up 2-3 instead >.<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)