ORAS OU RMT Mega Metagross

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Overview

Horny the Mamoswine

Horny (Mamoswine) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Shiny: No
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rocks​

Mamoswine is the perfect Pokemon to use to quick KO other huge threats, as in Mega Mence. A safer feeling to have is to use priority Ice Shard to assure that you don't get knocked out with a move like Aerilate Return. Knock off is to get an opponent's item while knowing that you'll live with the chance of them hitting you because of focus sash, whilst getting their choice band off (ex. scizor). Earthquake is there to easily get rid of other threats like Lucario, even though they will have a priority move like bullet punch or vacuum wave, Mamo will still live while hitting an earthquake.

Oogly Boogly the Scizor

Oogly Boogly (Scizor) (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower​

Scizor is a great Pokemon to use when combined with technician and choice band. It's unique ability that allows it's weaker moves to become more powerful combined with choice ban, plus superpower, makes it an amazing Pokemon. When using this set, I had trouble deciding the last move, because there was so much too choose from. When I made my final decision, I decided on Superpower, because it almost guarantees an OHKO for some pokemon that are neutral or weak to it.

Fergie The Greninja

Fergie (Greninja) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 40 Atk / 216 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam
- Gunk Shot
- Hydro Pump
Greninja is an all out offensive speed demon. This Pokemon can destroy almost any Pokemon without trouble, and can handle others that are sometimes difficult to take out, the only downside to this Pokemon is that if it were to use a move like ice beam on a Ferrothorn and the Ferrothorn used gyro ball, This would be guaranteed dead. This Pokemon was chosen to help counter the fire types that could easily get rid of Scizor, and just to help get rid of the opponent's Pokemon in general.

Drill the Keldeo

Drill (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Icy Wind
If you want a fast and strong Pokemon, Keldeo is probably one of the best Pokemon you can get. Because it is able to acquire Secret Sword and Hydro Pump, It Makes a great setup and attacker. It's so bulky, it can even take an Earthquake from a +2 Mega Mence, while using it's moves to take Mega Mence out!

Sharpie the Latios

Sharpie (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
Latios is a great support Pokemon as well as a great physical attacker. With it's high speed, great special attack and life orb, and defog, this Pokemon is great for coverage. It can go fast and hit hard, allowing it to destroy enemy teams.

Zarel the Metagross

Zarel (Metagross-Mega) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Tough Claws
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Ice Punch
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Hammer Arm
Mega Metagross is a great speedy offensive Pokemon when it comes to the OR/AS metagame. It's unique move, Meteor Mash, allows it to get a chance to raise it's attack stat. With the speed boost that it gained, that gave a whole new variety of chances for it. Because of it's high defense, it can almost live any hit to get a swords dance off, then quickly use bullet punch to get rid of the opponent. It's high attack stat allows it's use of Meteor Mash or Earthquake to almost guarantee a 2HKO at minimum.

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
IMO ambipom is outclassed by several Pokemon in every role that it can preform. over 90% of the physical attackers in the tier. To deal with all the new offensive megas i recommend using defensive rhyperior.

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Blast
- Avalanche

The can take EQs from even +2 salamence, and he can fire back with rock blast and avalanche, OHKOing megamence.

I gotta make this short cuz I'm on my phone.

Change Dragon Pulse for Thunderbolt (or other coverage). 2 Dracos > 2 Dragon Pulses.

Change Scald to Hydro Pump and Grass Knot to Gunk Shot; change Gren's EVs to 216 SpA, 40 Atk, and 252 Spe.

Lastly, get rid of Ambipom for something like Scarf Lando-T or w/e; never use that shitty monkey in OU.

That's all for now, will elaborate l8r.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
littlelucario thanks for the reccomendation, I will add it c: Eik00c thank you too for the move changes and stuff, but I am good with rhyperior instead of lando. Also, nature for Greninja same or diff?

Last edited:

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
This team looks pretty solid but I would change a few small things
On Greninja Naive is the best option for the mixed set in my opinion. A mixed set shoudln't be running a - attack nature on neither special attack nor physical attack but on one of the defenses (or speed when you're slow, but Greninja isn't). Naive is a better option than Hasty imo because one of the best ways to get rid of Greninja is by killing it with priority. Because priority is mainly physical with the exception of Vacuum Wave, Naive seems like the better option
Also, Metagross can't learn Swords Dance. Change is for Zen Headbutt as that gives you a nice STAB that helps kill fighting and poison types very easy. Bullet Punch is not necessary and Ice Punch or Grass Knot both seem better options
I would change Mamoswine's item to a Life Orb, killing Mega Salamence won't be as easy as with a band, but switching moves is a big advantage as Ice + Ground is very good coverage
The last change I suggest is U-Turn over Bug Bite on Scizor, as you have no way to grab momentum. U-Turn won't get the Technician boost, but still does very much damage and in case your opponent decides to switch out, you have a free switch in.

Your team is good. Here are my only comments.
Dont run Bullet Punch on Metagross. You already are running it on Scizor.
I would replace it with Zen Headbutt because that way, you can have more coverage.
Also Metagross cant learn Swords Dance so replace that with Ice Punch

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
SketchUp, thanks, I just had a brain fart when I put SW on Metagross, I literally meant to add Zen Headbutt instead. Thanks for all of those amazing suggestions, implementing them now!

Dont run Bullet Punch on Metagross. You already are running it on Scizor.
This is not a valid reason, imo. BP on M-Metagross can be a life savior and can revenge kill a lot of weakened faster things, most notably the Greninja with an Ice typing after it used IB, which can beat you with Dark Pulse otherwise. You also don't have to run EQ or dual stab. You could run Freeze Dry on Mamo or HP Grass on Greninja to beat Rotom-W, because it switches on every member of your team except for Latios. If you can get rid of Rotom this way, you have an easier time sweeping with Metagross.

I also don't agree with Rhyperior as a SRer. Mamoswine can do the same job (with even having priority + ice stab) and it just adds to the weaknesses your team has. I'd give Mamoswine rocks instead (you don't really need Knock Off) and just use a more reliable dark resistance than Greninja. Scarf Keldeo would fit nicely, because it can revenge kill some weakened things and can switch in most of Greninjas attacks, why it's a decent check to it. Gunk Shot 2HKOs, but it's not likely to be used against this team.

Latios can also be a problem if it spams Draco Meteor. You have two resists, but they don't have recovery so with rocks/spikes up it could be deadly. But it's possible to play around it and you could always use Pursuit on Scizor if it really annoys you.

It looks better now. I'd probably use HP Grass on Greninja instead of Dark Pulse to beat Rotom-W, which can be annoy your team. And as I said if certain things annoy you, you can use slighty different sets like Pursuit on Scizor (instead of Knock Off) for Latios or Hammer Arm on Metagross (instead of EQ) for Ferrothorn (also hits still Heatran and can potentially beat Skarmory 1on1). You just have to try it out on the ladder and adjust, if something annoys you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)