ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
So in keeping with grand Ruby and Sapphire tradition of having the legendary golems be unlocked in the strangest ways, I give you:
THE
MOST
CONVOLUTED
REGIGIGAS
EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To get Regigigas, you need to do the following
  • Capture all three Regis
  • Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
  • Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
  • Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills)
  • Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.
Okay, once you know how it's not that hard. But how you were supposed to figure this out is the trick.
EDIT: Taken from Serebii because I sure would not have the patience to do all this for a pokemon with Slow Start. Oh, and he's in the Island Cave of Route 115.
EDIT2: And now it doesn't have to be ice cream, nevermeltice works too. What in the world Gamefreak?!

Last edited:
Other than Adaptability for the Skrelp line, have any other notable Hidden Abilities become available?
If it appears in a field in Hoenn, then it's HA is available now due to DexNav. Skrelp is just the most noteworthy addition. A lot of oldies you might have missed when the Dream World closed are back though.

Thanks how do you start this sidequest?
After you beat Petalburg Gym, Wattson will be in the middle of Mauville. Talk to him and he will go to his house. You can now use the elevators at the back of Mauville and go to floor 2f. On the right of 2f is a guy in dark glasses outside someones apartment. Talk to him, and he will dissapear. If you leave and come back, he should be outside again. Then talk to him again and he should give you the stone. Super complex lol, I hope I remembered it right.

I really want to get around to SR'ing for good legends. Is there a place to do this for Rayquaza and Deoxys? And what about Lati@s? I know I can skip Groudon for later.

I really want to get around to SR'ing for good legends. Is there a place to do this for Rayquaza and Deoxys? And what about Lati@s? I know I can skip Groudon for later.
If you KO Deoxys and return to the top of the Sky Pillar, it should be there, at least according to one picture I saw.

how you get landorus?
You bring in a Thundurus and Tornadus and look for the mirage spot. They are version exclusives (Tornadus for OR and Thundurus for AS) so you'll need to trade or bring in the other one with Poketransport.

Oh, and they must be in your party for the mirage spot to show up.

Do you want Regigigas for PU?

If you really want to catch regigigas, you have to met all the following criteria.

Serebii said:
To get Regigigas, you need to do the following
  • Capture all three Regis
  • Have it be daytime. If night, it won't work.
  • Bring all three Regis to Island Cave
  • Have Regice hold the Castelia Cone (You can get Castelia Cone either in the Trick House (with all other regional delicacies including Shalour Sable) or by showing Regice to a girl in Mauville Hills), Snowball (Battle Maison Prize), or Never-melt Ice (Shoal Cave)
  • Have Regice have a nickname, only Regice needs it.
It's the most complex method of catching a Pokemon in the history. If you miss one of those steps, Regigigas won't appear.

If you really want to catch regigigas, you have to met all the following criteria.

It's the most complex method of catching a Pokemon in the history. If you miss one of those steps, Regigigas won't appear.
This sounds like the kind of thing your 4th grade friends would tell you, yet if Serebii posted it, it must be legit. Game Freak is doing pretty crazy stuff in these games.

Oh, and my AS copy just arrived! I'm going back to Hoenn, baby!

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

I just did this, and nothing happened

While I would normally agree with you on this, this is Game Freak we're talking about; if they want to add more pokemon, then they will, and they have already hinted at including new pokemon. This could easily just apply to those nine pokemon who are related, and I would be happy with this, but they are already hinting at including Slowpoke, Buneary, and Audino. They could be just be available in the post game, but the only reference we have to the inclusion of mega evolutions at the moment is X and Y, where every pokemon who is capable of evolution, baring Blaziken and Mewtwo, can be found during the main story.

On top of that, with the confirmation of wild horde battles, they have a ready made vehicle to include pokemon who weren't in Hoenn originally. If they were to start wild hordes in Dewford Cave, the first area accessible only after the first badge, and run them through to Route 123, then there would be fourteen routes (including Jagged Path) and five caves with hordes in them. If even one new pokemon is added via hordes in each area, they could include about thirty-five to forty-five new pokemon altogether, just from hordes; this isn't even including the Safari Zone. If this does turn out to be the case, then the most logical place for the new entries would be after Salamence or Metagross, but before the legendaries. Would each area have a horde of new pokemon? No, not necessarily. Is it plausible that they would use hordes to include some new pokemon? Certainly.

I doubt they'd make radical changes to the overall structure of the Hoenn dex, but they've already shown a willingness to tack on several pokemon to the end of an existing pokedex. Even if it's cross-generational and a remake, they have no set rules that they absolutely have to follow. This is all theory, anyway, and we probably won't know anything concretely until the games come out, but we have no information to prove the final structure one way or the other.

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
might need to beat the game?

or maybe some other completely innocuous reasoning like talk to these three unlabeled npcs at assorted times of day while holding the odd keystone
I've beaten everything, except for a few mega stones and legendaries.

Speaking of talking to random NPCs, apparently there's a few you need to talk to to get access to both bikes at the same time, which is required to get certain TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)