XY OU RMT OU

Okay, I had this team for a very long time it's my favorite team to use in OU and I'd like to share it with all of you hopefully I can get some feedback and suggestions.

Skarmory
Nature - Impish
Ability - Sturdy
Item - Leftovers
EVs - 4 SpD, 252 Def, 252 HP
Move Set
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Whirlwind
- Brave Bird

I wanted to use Skarmory for Wall purposes as well as hazard entry and clearer. [1] It is resist to Poison and fairies so I'm in good shape. Since he has a really good defense on him I figured to use him to Guard against physical attacks and also being 2X effective against physical fire attacks he'll still be able to Live. He can also handle fighting types cause of Brave Bird via Conkeldurr, Heracross and some others who pack a punch. [2] I needed him to hazard Entry for rocks cause of types like Talonflame, charizard and some other threats to my team. I use Defog to clear any hazards on my side it has a downside when my hazards are set up and it get's cleared but that's okay for me. I use Whirlwind to break set ups and substituters. [3] I decided to give him leftovers just for him to stay longer in the game I would of resulted to Roost but there was no space for the idea of this wall for performing full defensive tactics.

Rotom - Wash
Nature - Modest
Ability - Levitate
Item - Leftovers
Evs - 252 HP, 132 SpA, 124 SpD
Move Set
- Protect
- Will o Wisp
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt/ Volt Switch

The purpose of Rotom in this set is to scout and hit statuses. [1] I often switch Thunderbolt and Volt switch in case if i need to flee but knows my opponent's pokemon is slower I'll be able to get some damage off before I leave and switch out to my counter OR use Thunderbolt for good damage and stab bonus. I use Will o Wisp cause alot of people can't really counter it with there types except fire itself so i got the Hydro pump in the back to blast like Heatran for example. Protect is to not scout but stall in case I need for the effects of Will O wisp to hit the pokemon's HP. [2] It has a nice resistance to steel types like Scizor and also fire resistance against flare bliz like Charizard or any other fire types. It has solid defenses to stay in the game and counter my threats. [3] Leftovers for him stay longer and also thanks to protect I can stall and gain some HP back.

Garchomp
Nature - Naive
Ability - Rough Skin
Item - Choice Scarf
EVs - 252 ATK, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Move Set
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Outrage/ Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast

I decided to Use Garchomp cause hes really balanced in the combat stat department in my opinion and he has a very good powerful move pool to work with. He is fast and powerful and his objective is to sweep as much pokemon as possible. [1] Earthquake and outrage/dragon claw is pretty standard for him very powerful moves with stab bonus no need to explain further with that. Fire blast can check a ferrothorn being 4x effective against fire attacks and also can check Skarmory cause not alot of people focus on his special defense so that's a good mix way to get damage despite his special attack isnt really focused on the boost but it still does fairly good damage if it doesn't miss. Iron head is basically checking fairy types and most fairy focus on special defense except maybe cleffable but Garcomp checks it with Iron head and also taking a chance of the flinch. [3] I chose Choice scarf cause i wanted to outspeed alot of fast threats like Starmie, Greninja, Noivern and some others that can easily KO with just an ice beam.

Greninja
Nature - Timid
Ability - Protean
Item - Life Orb
EVs - 252 SpA, 252 Spe, 4 HP
Move Set
- Grass knot
- Extrasensory
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse

I Chose Greninja for Special sweeping With his speed he can basically out speed alot of pokemon and sweep as much as possible. [1] I prefer not to use a Water attack cause alot of pokemon isn't effective against water besides Charizard and heatran. I use Grass knot to check azumaril, terrokan and some other heavy pokemon that are weaken against Grass. Extrasensory takes care of fighting types like Conkeldurr and taking chances of a flinch. Ice beam is pretty much says "Dragons shall perish" lol. Dark pulse it's a really good move that a lot of pokemon that cannot resist it and also it has the ability to make the pokemon flinch. [3] I use life orb to boost the power of greninja so he can KO his opponents or at least do as much damage as possible.

Florges
Nature - Calm
Ability - Flower Veil(ehhhh didnt care for ability)
Item - Leftovers
EVs - 252 HP, 252 SpD, 4 Def
Move Set
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast
- Toxic
- Wish

I chose Florges cause it's really good special defense pokemon with really good support moves to help my team last longer. [1] Aromatherapy basically recovers all status wounds in case any of pokemon got hit by toxic, will o wisp, any sleep move or thunderwave. Toxic basically is a status hitter that does alot of damage each passing turn that goes by the verdict of it is it can be countered by poison or steel types but that's okay. Wish basically is a support for my team to gain back HP for switch ins. [2] he is also Garchomp's core in case somebody launches a dragon move against him or he can guard against Ice beam or any other special attack. [3] I use leftovers for him to stay in the game longer and also help the team through the battle.

Scizor
Nature - Adamant
Ability - Technician
Item - Scizorite
EVs - 4 HP, 252 ATK, 252 Spe
Move Set
- Sword Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Knock Off

Scizor is my mega evolution pokemon cause he is really strong with priority thanks to bullet punch. He is the bulky physical sweeper that hits really hard and possibly can KO a team with just bullet punch. [1] Sword dance for him to get his attack boost so his attack can hit hard. Superpower is to check pokemon like tyranitar, ferrothorn, umbreon and hits hard despite the decrease in stats. Knock off for switch outs hitting items off. Bullet punch is basically self explanatory thanks to the ability technician it deals alot more damage and with sword dance it buffs it even further. [2] It is a really good fairy resist and also core for Garchomp as well and since he has good solid defenses in his mega he can last long. [3] I use the mega for him basically for the stat boost and pounce down on my opponent's pokemon.

I hope you guys liked my team, I try to explain the best way I can i'd suggestions, feedback please no negative comments I'd appreciate that.

Seems like a pretty good team. However, I would recommend switching out Florges for either Sylveon or Chansey. Both do its job better than it, and sylveon can hit way harder with hyper voice while still being a cleric and wish passing.

davidTheMaster

TheMasterMind
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey rapgodteddy good team, I will help you out with your team

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Hydro pump and Volt switch Thunderbolt are all good STAB moves for this rotom-w
WoW is here to weaken the physical sweepers
Pain Split over Protect -> this is to recover some of the damage on a switch

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

Outrage, why not DragonClaw ?, because dragonclaw is weaker

252 Atk Garchomp Outrage vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 271-321 (94.7 - 112.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Garchomp Dragon Claw vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Greninja: 181-214 (63.2 - 74.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Stone Edge over Iron head to revenge kill Charizard X&Y

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Hydro Pump over Dark pulse because Hydro Pump is a better coverage move
Hidden Power Grass over Grass Knot for rotom-w because you don't have anyone to damage it

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)