ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
"If the Pokémon you trade is holding an item when you send it out, it'll make them twice as happy!"

I've never heard of this. Is this new?
I'd imagine it's just some feel-good stuff from gamefreak to get the players to be nice, maybe? (check the GTS gamefreak... why people are allowed to request event legends I'll never know).

Also, this might have been mentioned already, but I found this neat little update over the GTS: The Pokéball the Pokémon was in actually shows up as it comes to you (like, a guy traded me a great ball tentacool and that's what showed up). Of course, that might be in XY as well, as I don't use it very much and it's possible every 'mon traded to me was in a regular pokéball.

anyone know if dexnav works in caves?
According to Serebii, yes. And while surfing.

Argh and now I just don't know which one to get. Omega Ruby has Groudon, Skrelp, Tornadus, and Palkia, but I like team Aqua more and Alpha Sapphire has Lugia and Thundurus.

This is the fist time I've actually had to think about picking one. Usually the choice was clear cut for me.

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
anyone got any evidence about the cave part from their own experience, just been trying this for too long and getting nothing.
It works for me, I tried it in granite cave and a makuhita appeared. It kept moving it's overworld sprite though so I had to keep tiptoeing towards it.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I got a level 13 Ralts from a spot after the cutscene with May and the Beautifly flock. Has this happened to anyone else? It almost whited me out :x
yup occasionally the dexnav will throw out a Pokemon that's about 10 lvls higher than it'd normally be in that area, I found a lvl 13 surskit (same route as may + beautifly cutscene), lvl 12 wurmple (route right after petalburg), and lvl 16 taillow (route to the right of rustboro) this way in the early routes.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
You can save right before facing K/G. Apparently you don't need to catch them, but I don't know where they respawn after the E4 nor does Serebii.
From ptken's stream, since he KOed Kyogre:

After the E4, it'll be located in the same room as where it was fought before. You gain access to the previously rock (unsmashable) blocked area from the upper levels of the Cave (forgot where exactly). Just go down through that path and you'll find its room at the end.

Kyogre's pre-battle cutscene will play again and cause it to transform, but the post-battle cutscene will no longer be there (thankfully).

Has anyone found where feebas is located? I would keep advancing through the game and find out myself but I really want a Milotic on my squad as early as possible

As evolution method would be with the pokeblocks right?

I think I'll post updates of my AS run here. I use the EXP share because I’m a baby.

So pregame stuff blah blah blah, I choose Treecko, Pound the Poochyena to death, go back to the lab and name my Treecko Vine, go through routes 101 and 103, beat Brendan with Pound, yeah. Boring. I then finally get Poke Balls and the DexNav. THE DEXNAV!!! YESSS! I proceed to find a Poochyena who tries to howl to +6 on me. I catch it and name it Howl. I then use the DexNav again and locate a Poochyena who is Lvl 12 and knows Sucker Punch. Yeah, no. I don't want to get massacred this early in the game.

I run around in the bushes looking for a Wurmple to register in my DexNav. I find two Poochyena and then a Zigzagoon first, who I catch and name Scatter.

Three more Poochyena and a Zigzagoon later, I find a Wurmple, who I name Weak.

I use my Level 4 Wurmple-Finder to find a Wurmple with Tackle and a Pecha Berry. Nice, berries. I want. I catch him and name him Pecha Berry. Vine levels up from all these captures. Capture Grinding sure is profitable in today's market. I save and arrive at Oldale Town with Vine, Howl, Scatter, Weak and Pecha Berry. Time to heal up.

Wait, WHAT? WEAK had a Pecha Berry TOO? Come on... :( The DexNav did effectively nothing there. Anyway, I better start facing some trainers so I can make money. Even with my Demo Nuggets soon to be transferred (by that I mean when I get to it), I need more money.

ONTO ROUTE 103 AGAIN aaaaaand another Poochyena. I seriously do not need this many weak early-game mons. No Poke Ball for you. Hmmm. I am finding me a Wingull.

15 Poochyena later, no Wingull. I give up. Walk out of the tall grass and wait another battle? Come on AND ITS A WINGULL!!!! Your name will be Lucky.

Onto route 102! That weird footprint guy has moved. Time to battle this pathetic youngster! BEGIN BATTLELOG

Youngster Calvin sent out Zigzagoon! Go, Vine!

Vine, just pound him to death. Zigzagoon uses Tackle and takes off barely any HP.

Hmmm. Pound it is. Puts him in the yellow. Zigzagoon Growls and lowers my attack.

Let’s try Absorb this time. And he’s KOed. Good. Easy battle.

DexNav is alerting me to something. It’s a wild Lotad! Lotad caught, named Float. Weak, you’re in the box by the next town.

Hmmm. I’ll switch train Lucky, Scatter, and Pecha. No training for Weak. I want them each at level three at least. OOH NICE A RALTS no switch training, only catching. Your name can be Psy.

A tiny bit later, hey look a Surskit. I’ll name you Slide. And in a lapse of concentration, I name him Surskit. FACEPALM x3 COMBO

Youngster Allen challenges me! I switch in Treecko and Absorb Poochyena to death. Tailow is next, so I switch in Howl. He knows Thunder Fang? Wow, I actually didn’t see that. Cool.

Oran Berries for me. And Pecha Berries, I guess. Works too.

Me and Brendan watch some Beautifly and I have no idea what the heck he is saying. Ok, Petalburg, here I am! Time to heal up and box some people. Weak, you are leaving this party forever. Come on in, Slide Surskit. Psy, sorry, but I’ll need Lucky for Norman and want him here. Eh, I guess Pecha Berry can go.

Stocking up on Poke Balls for the journey ahead of me. Ohey there’s Dad with some random person! He invites me into the gym for tea and shows a lack of confidence in my skills. Nice. Wally comes in, desperate for a Pokemon… STOP WHINING WALLY FINE I’LL CATCH YOU A POKEMON. Time to catch a Ralts! And… he HASS the Ralts. Good. Now can I leave? Why are you thanking me? I did absolutely nothing! Ok, CAN. I. GO. NOW? Finally! To Rustboro!

On Route 104, I catch a Tailow and name it Fly Slave. Wait, they banned Slave? Fine, FlyServant. A bit later, I beat Rich Boy Winston and trek into the forest with Vine at the front of the party.

Come on now, Bug Catcher. Leave me alone. Ooh, EXP Share from science guy! Game, prepare to be decimated! But I have to face this Aqua Guy first… :(. And he spams Sand Attack. Classy. I think I’m at -6 accuracy. MUST… HIT… AND FINALLY! He dead. He’s also really surprised. Really now. You go in with a level 9 Poochyena and expect to win? And he also gives away his plan as he leaves. Classy. Exp. Share is mine. Time to catch a Shroomish. Your name can be Mach Punch because Wynaut. Out to the next route! And hey look an Aqua Grunt cutscene.

I battle the Twins and Seedot uses Bide. You do know we can just stop attacking you in a Double Battle, right? My party levels up a bit. I have arrived in Rustboro! Oh, hey, Brendan. What do you want? Blah blah blah blah blah. Ok. Moving on. Got TM54 False Swipe, stocked up on Potions and went to face Roxanne with my under leveled party.

Skip all you gym trainers and here she is…

VS LEADER ROXANNE!

Turn 1: Geodude vs Vine! Let’s Absorb this thing to death. Sturdy kicks in and keeps it alive. Rock Tomb did more than I would have liked.

Turn 2: Of course Roxy uses a Potion, leaving me free to KO with Absorb and get back a little HP. Vine gets to level 13 and I replace Absorb with Mega Drain. Psy learns Double Team and Howl learns Sand Attack for “You can’t hit me” shenanigans.

Turn 3: Nosepass comes out and I use Mega Drain. Does a bit, but not enough, and I lose too much from Rock Tomb.

Turn 4: Tackle… pathetic, Nosepass. Vine kills Nosepass with Mega Drain. Mission accomplished. That was pretty easy. Onward!

As soon as I leave, there goes Team Aqua. Wow. Anyway, I will go on an adventure and write it up in CHAPTER 2! Featuring: Team Aqua, gym battles, and nonstop DexNav abuse!

Received Latias and Bracelet but still no Wattson.
Confusing... he should be in the open area in the middle, in front of the PokeCentre, by the little tower (which should be flashing).
Sorry I can't be specific, I know how to get it cause I watched Werster's stream yesterday... and he did all the sidequests post-game, so I don't know when they trigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)