Sticky Have a question? Ask it here! (NOT SM QUESTIONS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on the recently posted analysis for Mega-Lopunny that the leftover 4 EVs were placed in Defense, rather than HP. Could someone explain why this is? I've been led to believe that when using leftover EVs from a given spread, it's usually best to place them into HP rather than Defenses. Is this more of a situational rule, or is there a specific reason for 4 Def M-Lopunny?
This post might help. Last 4 EVs for offensive Pokes should almost never be put into HP, to reduce residual damage, so better it gets put into one of the defenses.

All signs have been dampening my hopes, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

I recently got my Diancie code and I am stubborn with regards to getting my good Timid Flawless (Mega) Diancie. Is there any way to aid that along RNG-wise? So far I have noticed two (probably obvious) things:

1. Synchronize has little to no effect, I have a Timid Synchronize Gardevoir leading my party and it has had no effect so far.

2. Despite being in the undiscovered egg group (last I checked), this Diancie is NOT guaranteed 3 flawless IVs

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus

I recently got my Diancie code and I am stubborn with regards to getting my good Timid Flawless (Mega) Diancie. Is there any way to aid that along RNG-wise? So far I have noticed two (probably obvious) things:

1. Synchronize has little to no effect, I have a Timid Synchronize Gardevoir leading my party and it has had no effect so far.

2. Despite being in the undiscovered egg group (last I checked), this Diancie is NOT guaranteed 3 flawless IVs
There isn't a way, sorry. You'll just have to do it the really shitty old-fashioned way.

1. Synchronize has never worked on wondercard events.
  2. Sadly, some Diancie wondercards are glitched and do not guarantee 3 IVs, despite Diancie's status.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Will the Diancie codes work in Mystery Gift after today? Because I am having no luck with WiFi.
What isn't working? Afaik, all regions should have the Diancie mystery gift online, so if you have a code you should be able to enter it and redeem your Diancie..

Lumari

empty spaces
is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris an Administrator Alumnus
TFP Leader
Are there any areas in SoulSilver beside the Pokemon League where the phone doesn't work? I've recently learned how to RNG and I'm dying to catch perfect roamers, but of course I'm not gonna do that as long as I still require them for seed verification :) (afaik they're only absolutely required to RNG each other, but I'd hate to miss out on something good because there turns out to be another area where I can't verify my seed via phonecalls)

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Are there any areas in SoulSilver beside the Pokemon League where the phone doesn't work? I've recently learned how to RNG and I'm dying to catch perfect roamers, but of course I'm not gonna do that as long as I still require them for seed verification :) (afaik they're only absolutely required to RNG each other, but I'd hate to miss out on something good because there turns out to be another area where I can't verify my seed via phonecalls)
Try asking in the PRNG help thread. Sorry I couldn't help with an actual answer though...

Not sure what forum to post this in.....
Basically, I had an idea to try to use a quick feet jolteon with work up/baton pass and toxic orb, thus after 1 turn being able to baton pass a +1 At/SpA/Spd, which is pretty nice since it can go to either a physical or special sweeper or even better a mixed wallbreaker. HOWEVER, the problem here is that when I try to use this combo.....nothing happens. I send out the jolteon, toxic orb kicks in, but then nothing. I was expecting to see "quick feet" pop up on the screen and get the stat boost animation like when speed boost or intimidate goes off, but nothing happens. Is something wrong? Is it not working? Or is it working fine and there's just no animation to it? By all accounts this SHOULD work no problem, but it seems odd that there would be no animation to it.

cant say

twitch.tv/jakecantsay
Not sure what forum to post this in.....
Basically, I had an idea to try to use a quick feet jolteon with work up/baton pass and toxic orb, thus after 1 turn being able to baton pass a +1 At/SpA/Spd, which is pretty nice since it can go to either a physical or special sweeper or even better a mixed wallbreaker. HOWEVER, the problem here is that when I try to use this combo.....nothing happens. I send out the jolteon, toxic orb kicks in, but then nothing. I was expecting to see "quick feet" pop up on the screen and get the stat boost animation like when speed boost or intimidate goes off, but nothing happens. Is something wrong? Is it not working? Or is it working fine and there's just no animation to it? By all accounts this SHOULD work no problem, but it seems odd that there would be no animation to it.
Quick Feet is different from Speed Boost in that Speed Boost gives a stat boost (you see the stats change on screen) while Quick Feet give a stat change (the ability effectively changes the pokemon's raw stat) so you cannot baton pass that change. Quick Feet is similar to Guts / Toxic Boost / Tangled Feet etc where the boost is only applied when the Pokemon is affected with the appropriate status.

Also for future reference, try asking in the Battle Mechanics thread (works as a simple questions thread afaik)

Did anyone around here ever use NetBattle Supremacy? unrelated to Pokemon but...the battle them is the Gundam Wing fighting theme. Don't believe me? Watch the first episode of Gundam Wing and you'll hear it. Just sayin'

This definitely belongs in the Stupid Questions Department, but I'm going to ask it anyway: Is there a restriction on trading between XY and ORAS like there was in Gen3 between RSE and FRLG?

This definitely belongs in the Stupid Questions Department, but I'm going to ask it anyway: Is there a restriction on trading between XY and ORAS like there was in Gen3 between RSE and FRLG?
The restrictions only extend as far as:-
-You cannot trade the ORAS Mega Stones, as well as Blue/Red Orb to XY
-You cannot trade the contest Pikachu to XY
-You cannot trade anything knowing the moves Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse or Dragon Ascent to XY

That's it though. If you mean the really stupid shit where you had to get the national dex and complete some weird sidequest in FRLG, don't worry, trading between each game is allowed as soon as you get the regional Pokédex from the professor (and you have at least two pokémon). Bank is also fully compatible; the restrictions I listed above applying.

The restrictions only extend as far as:-
-You cannot trade the ORAS Mega Stones, as well as Blue/Red Orb to XY
-You cannot trade the contest Pikachu to XY
-You cannot trade anything knowing the moves Precipice Blades, Origin Pulse or Dragon Ascent to XY

That's it though. If you mean the really stupid shit where you had to get the national dex and complete some weird sidequest in FRLG, don't worry, trading between each game is allowed as soon as you get the regional Pokédex from the professor (and you have at least two pokémon). Bank is also fully compatible; the restrictions I listed above applying.
Thanks! "The really stupid shit where you had to get the national dex and complete some weird sidequest in FRLG" was exactly what I meant when I was talking about trading restrictions.

Hello i have a two questions: 1. The shiny beldum can be captured the same way of event we got the fancy vivilion? And i saw that softboiled is still doesnt avaiable in the move tu tor moves of ORAS so it stiil imposiblle to be learn?

Hello i have a two questions: 1. The shiny beldum can be captured the same way of event we got the fancy vivilion? And i saw that softboiled is still doesnt avaiable in the move tu tor moves of ORAS so it stiil imposiblle to be learn?
Shiny Beldum is received the same way as the Fancy Vivillon pattern was, yes - just go on Mystery Gift with your internet.
Softboiled remains a FRLG-exclusive tutor move, but Clefable's the only one that really cares about it - Chansey gets it by level up, and Mew and Togetic/Togekiss get Roost anyway. You could always opt for Moonlight or Wish over Softboiled on Clefable if you like, though they are a little less reliable for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)