ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is a better place for these questions.

Does the bolded mean that only ORAS rayquaza can mega evolve? Let me know.

Besides Red Orb and Latiosite and Sceptilite, was there anything else I missed by only buying Alpha Sapphire besides the ability to reset the legends only found in OR?

Does this mean no Shiny mega Rayquaza? :(
Well, I asked this on Serebii and this was the response:

SapphSabre777: It's confirmed that any Rayquaza can be taught Dragon Ascent, not just the one you're required to catch in Delta Epsiode. Zinnia's grandmother, who hangs out in Meteor Falls post-Delta, will teach any Rayquaza you bring to her Dragon Ascent, allowing it to Mega Evolve.

It seems like we have some parties saying yes and some saying no. Fantastic. XD

lats

formerly lockiegengar12
Is it possible to run from the initial Kyogre / Groudon battle after the pre-battle cutscene and still have the mon there? I am just thinking that if you can run and save to skip that cutscene, it will make soft reseting much easier.
KO the legend, beat the league and they will have respawned (allowing you to avoid the long cutscene after capture).

I just learned that mega stones can't be traded to oras from X. Can someone please tell me if Charizardite Y and Aggronite are available in ORAS? (Please be yes, please be yes...)
That is simply not true. I've traded my Heracross from Y to Alpha Sapphire and it is still holding the Heracrossite. This is without a single Gym Badge or anything else, just the ability to Trade.
You just can't trade the new ORAS Mega Stones (like Metagrossite) to X or Y.

Since I heard many rumors running around saying that ORAS was easier than X/Y, I decided to turn off my Exp. Share for the rest of the game. Now the difficulty is more like the originals, but just a tad easier because of Exp. gained when catching Pokémon + Dumber A.I.

As soon as I saw the intro, I had to back away for a moment. I literally shed a tear at how faithful to the original this game is so far. It felt like coming back home after being away for so long...Unexplainable feeling, really.

That is simply not true. I've traded my Heracross from Y to Alpha Sapphire and it is still holding the Heracrossite. This is without a single Gym Badge or anything else, just the ability to Trade.
You just can't trade the new ORAS Mega Stones (like Metagrossite) to X or Y.
Oh, I guess the person that told me was misinformed. Is it also not true that you can't trade normally between ORAS and X/Y?
Edit: I'm wary of actually looking this stuff up because I don't really want story spoilers.

Silly question but can you trade 6th gen Pokemon with tutor moves from ORAS to XY?
As long as a move exists in X and Y, it's fine (so just the new moves on Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza).

Oh, I guess the person that told me was misinformed. Is it also not true that you can't trade normally between ORAS and X/Y?
Yes and no. Most Pokémon are fine to trade between XY and ORAS. All there is are prohibitions in trading the Cosplay Pikachu, trading Pokémon with the 3 new moves, or is holding a new item from ORAS.

Last edited:

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Is anybody else having trouble getting the DexNav to work? I've been using it in Rusturf Cave trying to get Scrappy Whismur with no luck whatsoever.

Is anybody else having trouble getting the DexNav to work? I've been using it in Rusturf Cave trying to get Scrappy Whismur with no luck whatsoever.
Haven't had any success with it in there, but elsewhere is fine. You can probably get your Scrappy Whismur on the route before entering the tunnel, albeit there's the chance a wild Pokemon will pop out before you can sneak your way over to the Whismur...

Since I heard many rumors running around saying that ORAS was easier than X/Y, I decided to turn off my Exp. Share for the rest of the game. Now the difficulty is more like the originals, but just a tad easier because of Exp. gained when catching Pokémon + Dumber A.I.

As soon as I saw the intro, I had to back away for a moment. I literally shed a tear at how faithful to the original this game is so far. It felt like coming back home after being away for so long...Unexplainable feeling, really.
Lesson learned. Never turn on E.X.P Share. I turned it off right when I got it, and has made the game difficult for me at least.

edit; also don't catch pokemon unless you want them for your team. lol.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
lol you don't need the EXP Share. I've curbstomped everything up to Flannery only using my Mudkip/Marshtomp. It's almost ready to evolve and I haven't even fought Norman yet.

Does Synchronize work with DexNav? Apologies if it's been asked already, but I'm on mobile and it appears I can't use the search function of the forums.

so ended up getting a sassy latios, considering SR'ing for at least a +speed nature, but...ehhh... regular pokeball anyway, i think i'll just keep it and use it for the story.
does spotpass only work if the person is within a few feet of you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)