XY UU Darmanitan and Noivern

I wanted to make a team with Darmanitan and Noivern.

Darmanitan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Superpower
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
First, one of the stars of the team. this the the standard set and i wanted to use Darmanitan. Darmanitan can easily put a dent on opposing teams with STAB Sheer Force boosted Flare Blatz. Scarf is too out speed threats.

Noivern @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Air Slash
Noivern is the other star on the team. Noivern become stronger with choice specs. Noivern have good coverage and nothing doesn't want to take a hit from it except from something.

Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Toxic
- Protect
Umbreon is my special wall and my wish passer. he passes wish to other member mainly darmanitan and noivern. he also have heal bell for status. toxic is to wear the target down and protect to make sure it get a wish to it self.

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
I decided I needed some more speed and added mienshao as my scarfer. I decided to run drain punch and HJK cause drain punch is for recover. U-turn is to scout and poison jab is to hurt fairies.

Alakazam (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
Alakazam is here because i needed more special attacker. Psyshock is here so i don't get wall special wall is the main STAB. energy ball and shadow ball is for coverage. substitute is allowing alakazam to take another before it go down.

Drapion @ Black Sludge
Ability: Battle Armor
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Knock Off
- Poison Jab
- Taunt
- Toxic Spikes
Drapion is physical wall and it only have one weakness which is ground. Knock off is STAB and it remove the item. Poison Jab is also it STAB. taunt is to stop pokemon to set up and toxix spikes is to posion incoming pokemon.

Hey money12wolf your balance team looks pretty well-built overall, but here are a few suggestions I think could help you.

Specs Noivern is an underrated threat, but I think one of its biggest attractions is being able to use Switcheroo. You can give an annoying special wall like Blissey or Florges your Choice Specs to prevent them from doing their jobs well, and they'll much easier to take advantage of. I'd recommend putting this over Air Slash, since while it's a nice STAB, Air Slash is really weak (weaker than non-STAB Boomburst) and adds nothing to your coverage. So yeah, my first suggestion is replace Air Slash for Switcheroo on Noivern.

The next thing I'm noticing about your team is that your defensive core of Umbreon + Drapion doesn't have good synergy at all. For example, both get killed by Fighting types, and the other fighting resists on your team are really frail and don't want to switch in at all. Same goes for Fire type moves, and Ground. If you switch Drapion out for Tentacruel, you'll find yourself with a defensive core that is better suited to take on more of the metagame. Tentacruel easily handles the Fighting and Fairy types that Umbreon hates and also resists Fire which is pretty nice. In return, Umbreon takes care of Psychics like Alakazam that take advantage of Tentacruel. Look below for an importable of a standard Tentacruel set - it can lay Toxic Spikes and run Knock Off as well, but can also spin away hazards which are annoying for Darmanitan and Noivern. The speed EVs let you outspeed Adamant Honchkrow.

Another thing is that, dual Scarfers aren't all too effective in this tier. I'd definitely choose either Darmanitan or Mienshao to serve as your Choice Scarf user, and make the other one hold a Life Orb or Choice Band to break defensive Pokemon easier. Personally, I'd keep Mienshao as your scarfer as it does a better job outspeeding things (mostly other scarfers like Hydreigon and Jirachi) and give Darmanitan a Choice Band or Life Orb as even "RESIST"s are 2HKO'd frequently. Like I said, having two scarfers makes you pretty weak to more defensive teams who don't care about how fast you are.

Finally, you don't really have a "win condition" against stall or something that can set up and heavily damage it. Additionally, there's absolutely zero reason to run Life Orb Alakazam over Mega Alakazam if you don't have your Mega slot already filled up. So replace Alakazam with Calm Mind Mega Alakazam. Mega Alakazam 2HKOs nearly everything in the tier as it is, but with Calm Mind boosts you'll be able to rip through stall teams which kind of give you some trouble. An importable is posted below. Your attacks are walled by Hydreigon, so you should use Dazzling Gleam or Focus Blast over Energy Ball. Your Psychic STAB will do enough to bulky waters anyway.

I hope this rate helped you, and good luck with using this team in the future!

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid/Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Focus Blast

Reactions: HT
Hey money12wolf your balance team looks pretty well-built overall, but here are a few suggestions I think could help you.

Specs Noivern is an underrated threat, but I think one of its biggest attractions is being able to use Switcheroo. You can give an annoying special wall like Blissey or Florges your Choice Specs to prevent them from doing their jobs well, and they'll much easier to take advantage of. I'd recommend putting this over Air Slash, since while it's a nice STAB, Air Slash is really weak (weaker than non-STAB Boomburst) and adds nothing to your coverage. So yeah, my first suggestion is replace Air Slash for Switcheroo on Noivern.

The next thing I'm noticing about your team is that your defensive core of Umbreon + Drapion doesn't have good synergy at all. For example, both get killed by Fighting types, and the other fighting resists on your team are really frail and don't want to switch in at all. Same goes for Fire type moves, and Ground. If you switch Drapion out for Tentacruel, you'll find yourself with a defensive core that is better suited to take on more of the metagame. Tentacruel easily handles the Fighting and Fairy types that Umbreon hates and also resists Fire which is pretty nice. In return, Umbreon takes care of Psychics like Alakazam that take advantage of Tentacruel. Look below for an importable of a standard Tentacruel set - it can lay Toxic Spikes and run Knock Off as well, but can also spin away hazards which are annoying for Darmanitan and Noivern. The speed EVs let you outspeed Adamant Honchkrow.

Another thing is that, dual Scarfers aren't all too effective in this tier. I'd definitely choose either Darmanitan or Mienshao to serve as your Choice Scarf user, and make the other one hold a Life Orb or Choice Band to break defensive Pokemon easier. Personally, I'd keep Mienshao as your scarfer as it does a better job outspeeding things (mostly other scarfers like Hydreigon and Jirachi) and give Darmanitan a Choice Band or Life Orb as even "RESIST"s are 2HKO'd frequently. Like I said, having two scarfers makes you pretty weak to more defensive teams who don't care about how fast you are.

Finally, you don't really have a "win condition" against stall or something that can set up and heavily damage it. Additionally, there's absolutely zero reason to run Life Orb Alakazam over Mega Alakazam if you don't have your Mega slot already filled up. So replace Alakazam with Calm Mind Mega Alakazam. Mega Alakazam 2HKOs nearly everything in the tier as it is, but with Calm Mind boosts you'll be able to rip through stall teams which kind of give you some trouble. An importable is posted below. Your attacks are walled by Hydreigon, so you should use Dazzling Gleam or Focus Blast over Energy Ball. Your Psychic STAB will do enough to bulky waters anyway.

I hope this rate helped you, and good luck with using this team in the future!

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 240 HP / 240 Def / 28 Spe
Bold Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Scald
- Knock Off
Alakazam @ Alakazite
Timid/Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam / Focus Blast
mega alakazam is in Bl not UU

Hey wolf, pretty solid build you got. I'm in agreement with all of dudeman's suggestions and gonna add on a few of my own.
  • Having 4 support moves on Umbreon makes him extremely susceptible to taunt so I'm suggesting Foul Play over Toxic. Foul Play is a pretty standard move on Umbreon as it allows it to deal big damage to physical attackers and punish set up sweepers such as Haxorus. I know you will probably miss the residual damage from Toxic, but being taunt bait is something you definitely do not want.
  • Next I'm gonna brush up your Mienshao set a bit. HJK is incredibly powerful with the Reckless boost and is really the only fighting STAB you need so Drain Punch isn't really necessary as Mienshao is already incredibly frail and the extra HP it gains from using it is pretty insignificant so I would try Knock off over Drain Punch so you can nail Ghost and Psychic types that your current set can't really touch. Next I can see Taunt Crobat being a bit annoying for your team if you do decide to change Darm's item (which I am supporting) so Stone Edge over Poison Jab is pretty ideal to outspeed with the scarf an OHKO Crobat. I don't think you're gonna miss poison jab too much as you already have Darm and hopefully Tentacruel, as dudeman suggested, to deal with fairies.
Umbreon @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Foul Play
- Protect

Mienshao @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- High Jump Kick
- U-turn
- Knock Off

Cool team, hope I helped :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)