ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to the script, Wallace will eventually show up to take part in a contest!
And...
He's Lisia's uncle!

Also, there are some references when you speak to him about both Juan and the Battle Dome Frontier Brain ("that Trainer who looks like a star").

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ok, don't miss out on this one: you can get experience from secret bases just like the originals!

There's even a QR code featuring 5 level 100 Blisseys, so enjoy!

The location is here, around Meteor Falls:

You can only battle once a day, but if we can get enough people to do this, it will be exp paradise! New project, anyone?

I have ten hours into the game and still haven't reached fallarbor town yet. Utilizing the dexnav, soaking in all the music and exploring every nook and cranny while appreciating Hoenn in 3D is awesome. Gamefreak did a fantastic job with this game, and I still haven't gotten to my favorite part of the game yet in trying to catch all the legendaries.

The Safari Zone.

It's actually pretty amazing, not to mention there are strange prematurely bald men walking around and the occasional small child.

Anyone know how to get into New Mauville?
Well, Wattson should be next to the tower in front of the PokeCentre in Mauville. But they seem to have changed when he shows up, because someone else found him only after beating Groudon/Kyogre.
Anyway, the quest plays out similarly to the originals. Talk to Wattson, he lets use use Mauville's elevators, then you get to the second floor and you can visit him at his house and let you access New Mauville.

Discovered with the help of a friend, we have discovered ANY Rayquaza (used my Rayquaza, which was Johto) can be tutored Dragon Ascent and therefore Mega Evolve (yes, this means V-Create M-Rayquaza is a thing). Now to find a camera for proof...

Last edited:
There was a post from a very shaky resource (Tumblr) that seems to suggest the Lati twins are not shiny locked when encountered after gym 5. Can anybody with credibility shed some light on the legitimacy of this claim? If true, I'm so resetting for green Latinuke.

I have three questions: Has there been confirmation that the Gen 3 and Gen 4 move combinations for Contest have returned mostly unchanged?

And has anyone confirmed if you can get extra help with making Pokeblocks, or are they now a completely solo activity?

Aaaand what berries become what Pokeblocks? I haven't seen a "flavor tag" like in gen 3 or 4, so... yeah.

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So apparently, Ice Punch doesn't work on Blaziken...what the hell. Is this going to be another "Outrage Salamence" incident from Diamond/Pearl?

Age of Kings

of the Ash Legion
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I have three questions: Has there been confirmation that the Gen 3 and Gen 4 move combinations for Contest have returned mostly unchanged?

And has anyone confirmed if you can get extra help with making Pokeblocks, or are they now a completely solo activity?

Aaaand what berries become what Pokeblocks? I haven't seen a "flavor tag" like in gen 3 or 4, so... yeah.
From observation yes

Pokeblocks are an automatic process now with no minigame. It's completely solo and is activated from a key item

The colors correspond to contest type - for instance blue is Beauty and red is cool. It's easy to figure out.

Source: 10 hours of playtime, still in Slateport for obvious reasons...

DragonWhale

How do I put those qr codes for Blissey base into my game? I've never understood how qr codes work
Go to your base and access your computer
It's Game Freak messing up...AGAIN

If you're talking about the "Outrage Salamence" incident, it's a pretty well known story in the Japanese competitive community. Back when before Platinum was even introduced, there was a video from the Official Daisuki Club where a Salamence was battling a Togekiss and beat it using Outrage. Obviously, this was a hacked Salamence since you can't get outrage pre-Platinum, so it raised a lot of controversy. Many people say that the only reason Outrage became a tutor move in Platinum was to cover up that mistake.

I'm thoroughly enjoying the game so far. I spent a long time messing around with the Dex Nav before finally resetting the game and playing normally. I'm currently on the route above Mauville with a Lv24 Gallade and a Lv24 Marshtomp. I'm planning to pick up a couple more Pokémon on the next few routes.

I've actually had really great luck. I ran into a shiny Zigzagoon on the route east of Rustboro and a shiny Volbeat on the route between Mauville and Verdanturf. Neither of them have great natures or abilities (Modest/Gluttony and Careful/Illuminate, respectively), but they're cool nonetheless.
Did you get the dawnstone from something other than super training?

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Did you get the dawnstone from something other than super training?
I did super training in XY and traded it over. You could also Pokébank over a super trained Pokémon from XY and just use that to get the stone in ORAS instead of trading over the item. I really didn't want to wait until super late game to evolve my Kirlia. lol

I did super training in XY and traded it over. You could also Pokébank over a super trained Pokémon from XY and just use that to get the stone in ORAS instead of trading over the item. I really didn't want to wait until super late game to evolve my Kirlia. lol
Unfortunately I don't have any other 3ds to trade over with :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)