ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're talking about the "Outrage Salamence" incident, it's a pretty well known story in the Japanese competitive community. Back when before Platinum was even introduced, there was a video from the Official Daisuki Club where a Salamence was battling a Togekiss and beat it using Outrage. Obviously, this was a hacked Salamence since you can't get outrage pre-Platinum, so it raised a lot of controversy. Many people say that the only reason Outrage became a tutor move in Platinum was to cover up that mistake.
Ice Punch Blaziken for Gen VII

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
playing through right now and i can't for the life of me figure out how to jump with the mach bike, help pls

You jump with the Acro Bike, Mach Bike is just for going fast and going up the mudslides

With the Acro Bike, I'm assuming you hold B like in the originals but I haven't played with it yet

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah i meant acro bike oops and no "b" just pops a wheelie.

b + direction doesnt do shit either

im trying to get back up jagged pass cause i see a TM so im a little mad lol

Ok, don't miss out on this one: you can get experience from secret bases just like the originals!

There's even a QR code featuring 5 level 100 Blisseys, so enjoy!

The location is here, around Meteor Falls:

You can only battle once a day, but if we can get enough people to do this, it will be exp paradise! New project, anyone?

I love this girl already

Just soft reset for a 31/20/28/30/31/31 latios. Only took 7 or 8 tries with a timid synchronizer. Going through all the cut scenes though sucked. Lol

Traded it over to my X version so I can ev train it quick before continuing on with it in my OR version

Interesting note is the "faraway place" note. Thought maybe one of the previous XY patches would say it came from the Hoenn region. Guess not

Just soft reset for a 31/20/28/30/31/31 latios. Only took 7 or 8 tries with a timid synchronizer. Going through all the cut scenes though sucked. Lol

Traded it over to my X version so I can ev train it quick before continuing on with it in my OR version
Damn, if I knew synch worked I woul have tried SR'ing. Nice job.

Damn, if I knew synch worked I woul have tried SR'ing. Nice job.
I didn't know it worked. I just banked a level 1 Abra over from my X version and gave it a try. I swapped it out as you do the double battle against the magma grunt and Courtney and every time it was a timid nature.

Does anyone know if synchronize is 100% effective? I can't remember if XY was 100%, I thought it was still 50%. Also I thought I read that 100% synchronize only worked on 2 or 3 legends in ORAS, but don't know for sure.

Synchronizers don't work on gift pokemon right? I've been trying to SR a Cosplay Pikachu that has 31 IVs in Atk, Sp Atk, Spe with a Naive nature. Needless to say... it's taking a while... :(

omg this game tries to make you as overpowered as possible! :O Getting me a Latias halfway through, and holding the Latiasite? Game Freak, you have gone too far. Threw her in the PC with her Mega Stone, as I don't want to blaze through the game, even though the game wants me to blaze through it.

Oh, and did anyone get the "awesome" option from Lanette? I thought it was a neat additon at first, but when I visited the PC a couple of times, I realized I'd become so used to scrolling down to Organize Pokémon, that the option is not so good anymore. Perhaps to newcomers, I guess.

In terms of the gyms, I have to say that I love how the layout carries into the leader battle. Absolutely loved Norman's! If only we could change the room we battle in a la Pokémon Stadium / Stadium 2 / Every console Pokémon game that worked with main series games...

I didn't know it worked. I just banked a level 1 Abra over from my X version and gave it a try. I swapped it out as you do the double battle against the magma grunt and Courtney and every time it was a timid nature.

Does anyone know if synchronize is 100% effective? I can't remember if XY was 100%, I thought it was still 50%. Also I thought I read that 100% synchronize only worked on 2 or 3 legends in ORAS, but don't know for sure.
No, Synchronize has like 50% chance of working, or I guess overall it's slightly over 50% if you count it failing but still the small %age of ending up the correct nature anyways.

Oh, and did anyone get the "awesome" option from Lanette? I thought it was a neat additon at first, but when I visited the PC a couple of times, I realized I'd become so used to scrolling down to Organize Pokémon, that the option is not so good anymore. Perhaps to newcomers, I guess.
You need to go into more detail of what that even is.

Currently beat Norman, but I have a lv 24 trapinch, a lv 25 kirlia, a lv 26 ninjask, but I only got through it because of a lv 37 blaziken. What do I do to train them?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)