PS! Model Mod & Fixing Thread

This isn't exactly a model problem, but it's rather closely related so I figure here would be the best place to post it.

For those who choose to use BW sprites instead of models, the sprite for Amaura is shiny even when the normal form is selected, as in the sprite saved under its normal form's file name is shiny.

Glaceon's right ear.

Shiny Servine moves faster than regular Servine, and in his regular back sprite the shading on his back flickers/his eye flickers.

Last edited:

i don't think the shading is supposed to be like this (back and feet)

also, Wormadam gets cut off. May be slightly disproportional or that's just me.

He flickers! :O

Wings flicker.

the eyes tho

Last edited:

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus

Giratina-O's head crest and mouth guard are moving in and out of space. The shiny back sprite also appears to be floating higher and is also slightly bigger than the non-shiny (not sure if this is a problem though).

In the mid lower left, there are some odd, non-rigid shapes that the pixels are creating when Diancie tips forward

His head fur (for lack of a better word) is flickery. Normal front is fine.

Normal back, however, has some shading problems on main body. Shiny back has shading issues on his head and 'head fur'.

Size difference /o/

Layell

Alas poor Yorick!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Updating from here

Not sure about Diancie there, too lazy to do Stoutland so if someone wants it they can learn to manually fix it.

aseprite is a good program to do that.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
This isn't an issue with the 3D models, but rather with the 2D sprite. Meowstic-M's shiny is wrong, instead of the bright yellow it has a darker blue-purple colour (and a different sprite on top of that). I thought I could recolour the sprite to the right colour, and hopefully that'll make it easier to fix. Sorry if I'm not allowed to though!

For BW sprites that aren't done, we probably haven't bothered making shiny versions, knowing we'd have to redo them anyway whenever the regular sprites get updated in the future. This applies to others besides Meowstic-M.

13ulbasaur

* It seems to be nervous about fighting.
is an Artist Alumnus
For BW sprites that aren't done, we probably haven't bothered making shiny versions, knowing we'd have to redo them anyway whenever the regular sprites get updated in the future. This applies to others besides Meowstic-M.
Ahh ok.

EDIT:

Non-shiny Darmanitan's back sprite has a flickering butt-shadow.

Last edited:

Top of the head flickers

His claws and star.

Body is flickery

Tree.

edit: When playing LC, I have set my Frillish gender specifically to male, yet in the team preview/in the battle, it shows up as a female Frillish that is sightly disfigured.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)