ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know whether or not we have access to the Battle Resort before completion of Delta Episode? I'm close to finishing the latter, but I'd very much enjoy access to the IV checker among other things. Most important characters I talk to don't mention it so am I missing something?

For anyone that doesn't already know, Synchronize actually does work for both in-game Lati@s and Cosplay Pikachu.

Edit: It doesn't work for Beldum and also most likely doesn't work for other similar events.
Damn, wish I knew this before SRing Pikachu. Oh well, will know for Lati@s

I also just tested this with a hasty nature Xatu from Y. I can confirm it works every single time. Now all I need is a decent IV spread.

Pardon me for asking, but are the Latias / Latios also guaranteed to have 3 perfect IVs? I just got to that event, and I'm thinking about soft resetting for at least a Timid 3/4IV one. Thanks!

If you already have them from another game, would you want to go through the hell of catching Ralts or Abra in these games?
I'd be tempted to transfer some of the pokes in my X save file which might ruin the experience for me lmao. But what you said is true, I'll go get one from the FS then. Thanks!

Any list of what I should soft reset for?
Pretty much every legendary Pokemon you come across, and I suppose cos-play Pikachu. Shiny Beldum as well if you're feeling well and truly bored, but as it's a gift you can't use a Pokemon with Synchronize to help ensure the nature is a desirable one. As for what you should be aiming for, check the site's strategy Pokedex for what you and others may be looking for.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Something interesting I noticed is that Maxie/Archie take the correct orb this time when you're at Mt. Pyre, yet you're still given the other orb.

As a side note, Latios is extremely broken in game. Surf + STABs murder everything.

Pretty much every legendary Pokemon you come across, and I suppose cos-play Pikachu. Shiny Beldum as well if you're feeling well and truly bored, but as it's a gift you can't use a Pokemon with Synchronize to help ensure the nature is a desirable one. As for what you should be aiming for, check the site's strategy Pokedex for what you and others may be looking for.
How would I use the strategy dex?

Does the "potential" aspect of the Dex Nav indicate what their IVs might be like?
Yes. Every star that's filled in represents a perfect IV in one of the Pokemon's stats. You can potentially find one with at least 3 IV's using the Dex Nav. Certainly makes breeding for more than that much easier than even X/Y, especially if they also have a desirable egg move.

Edit: ninja'd...

With a timid synch ralts I just got a quirky latios so I don't know where the 100% stuff is coming from but it is not 100% on lati@s
Please be joking :(

1 star = 1 31 IV
2 stars = 2 31 IVs
3 stars = 3 31 IVs
Is this confirmed? I thought the stars gave potential as a whole... Unless I got lucky. I got a 2 star Ralts with all 25+ IV's, and I know that I have a 31 in Special Defense, but that's the only 31.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)