XY OU Sweeper Team in Need of Rating

Status
Not open for further replies.
My team is basically a hit-'em-hard sweeper team. As much as I think it is complete, I feel as though there's a problem with a few things in my team here and there. It'd be great if you could check them out and tell me about any improvements I could make.

Balloon Hands (Ambipom) @ Normal Gem

Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Last Resort
Balloon Hands is usually meant to go out first to counter set-ups like Stealth Rockers and Spikes. Fake Out will be used first, letting Technician and the Normal Gem activate, causing for a hard-hitting attack that also flinches. After that, Fake Out is not usable and so Last Resort must be used. Despite the fact it can only work for five times, it should be able to decimate the other team's set-up.

Gay Wings (Talonflame) (M) @ Leftovers

Ability: Gale Wings
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
Gay Wings is a hard-hitting scout. Brave Bird and Flare Blitz can destroy enemies that aren't resistant to it, and if HP = 50 > x, Roost will be used to heal back up. U-Turn is used if the enemy Pokemon is resistant to Flare Blitz/Brave Bird.

Ringabel (Gyarados) (M) @ Gyaradosite

Ability: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Giga Impact
- Thunder Wave
- Attract
Ringabel is, despite a hilarious wall, ALSO a pretty good sweeper. Attract is great for usage on female enemies, and if that doesn't work, Thunder Wave can be used too. Dragon Dance is used during the time that the opponent frets over their Pokémon to turn Ringabel into a rampaging tank. A graceful one at that. After maxing out the amount of times Dragon Dance can be used, Giga Impact follows, obliterating everything in its path.

Ganger (Gengar) (M) @ Choice Scarf

Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
Ganger is fast. Sooper Sanic fast. Its moves are simply meant to destroy enemy opponents and to stall Fighting types. There's not much else to it.

Jackie Chan (Hitmonchan) @ Assault Vest

Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Power-Up Punch
- Fake Out
A lot like Ganger, Jackie Chan is meant to stop the opponent in their tracks, draining HP while raising its Atk with Power-Up Punch. When neither need to be used or in case of emergency, Bullet Punch is initiated.

Pyro (Infernape) (M) @ Focus Band

Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Flare Blitz
- ThunderPunch
Pyro is but another hard-hitting, fast-attacking member. The combination of strong moves and various types are useful in keeping threats at bay.

There you have it! Please feel free to give advice on my team, and possible changes I can make. Thank you.

Talonflame is solid but use a natural gift variant as you seem to have trouble with Heatran despite 3/6 of your team wrecking it, natural gift + ground berry w.e its called nowadays iirc in gen 4 it was shuca berry

Last edited by a moderator:
2. Dont run Attract on Gyarados
3. Run Iron Fist on Infernape instead of Blaze
4. You need 2 more moves on Ambipom
5. Dont run Power up Punch on Hitmonchan
Overall, you need to lurk more and find someone to tutor you in teambuilding.
(NOT me)

Last edited by a moderator:
Run a focus sash on infernape isntead of focus band. Also, you should run life orb or focus sash on gengar because he is already fast enough to outspeed most of the metagame.

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello.
Your descriptions are too short to fit the RMT rules requirements.
I encourage you to PM me an updated version of this team with beefed up descriptions, and if you're new to this, join the Mentor Program. I'll be unlocking this thread after that.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)