ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried using a Thunderstone on their cosplay Pikachu? Can we evolve it? If so, does the Raichu retain the moves that it had? I'm assuming no costume for Raichu.

Was it first in your party? Did it faint? Unless I was ridiculously lucky-being that I soft-reset close to 10 times, every one I had was a timid nature.
No tested some stuff and this
I'm actually testing something right now regarding the synch...I have a full party of pokemon so 1 had to be sent to pc, I sent the synchronizer. It's possible that that's why it didn't work..could just be dependent on when it generated the stats/nature
Seems to be the case

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Apparently Tabitha used to work for Devon and one of the scientists refers to him as "Tabitabi". I have no idea of it's a nickname or his real name, but either way it's weird.

Also, lol at Mr. Stone giving you Pidgeot's Mega Stone. With the Omanyte picture in the wall, that has to be a deliberate TPP reference.

Apparently Tabitha used to work for Devon and one of the scientists refers to him as "Tabitabi". I have no idea of it's a nickname or his real name, but either way it's weird.

Also, lol at Mr. Stone giving you Pidgeot's Mega Stone. With the Omanyte picture in the wall, that has to be a deliberate TPP reference.
InB4 we get a megavenomoth fairy poison with pixielate.

It was indeed a fun thing to watch to be honest.

And yes apparently they are shinny locked the guy who claimed getting a shinny latias was debunked hard if I recall.

The continuous egg hatching path has been found for ORAS--and it's where the daycare and IV checker are too, to boot.

EDIT: Pulling this off of Reddit and Serebii, but we finally learn the backstory of Mr. Bonding in ORAS, and it's... original...

Obtaining the O-Powers is somewhat of a mini quest in itself. When in Mauville City, if you go to the Pokémon Center, you will find a strange man, Giddy, next to the map in the top right hand corner. Talk to him and he will give you an O Power, and then another. He'll then leave and be replaced by Hipster. He will give you three different O-Powers before he then leaves. After that, Bard appears and will ask you to listen to songs, and give you two O-Powers. A new man, Trader, then appears and offers to trade you Secret Base Decorations for a variety of simple items such as Potions and Poké Balls. In doing so, he too will give you an O-Power. Finally, after he goes, another man, Storyteller, appears and tells you stories about yourself and gives you an O-Power.

Speak to him again after beating the Elite Four and he will invite you up to his apartment in Mauville Hills. When there, they will tell you that they are longing for someone to give power to, and learn of a powerless man across the hall. Speak to him and he will go to their apartment. Soon, the five men explain that they want to retire and they soon start to merge with the man and the man becomes Mr. Bonding. Just before he leaves for other regions to give O-Powers, he gives you the final O-Power.
TL;DR Five middle-aged dude with neon hair gang up and surround an average guy, fusing together with him to create Mr. Bonding.

Last edited:

DragonWhale

It's not a misplay, it's RNG manipulation
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't know why, but all clock-based events are not working for me anymore.
- Secret Bases no longer work
- Regigigas and the legendary trios no longer work
- Even the damn demo is not working...

If it's a bug, I hope a fix comes out soon

I don't know why, but all clock-based events are not working for me anymore.
- Secret Bases no longer work
- Regigigas and the legendary trios no longer work
- Even the damn demo is not working...

If it's a bug, I hope a fix comes out soon
Did you change your system clock recently? That usually does that.

Also, I've been noticing some really neat/BP items on certain Dex Navi Pokemon.

Zigzagoon: Revive
Plusle: Cell Battery
Skarmory: Metal Coat
Machop: Focus Band

Are there any other cool ones you guys have found?

Life Orb Absol
Lucky Egg Pelliper
Power Herb Seedot

DragonWhale

is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Welp, that's what I get for trying to get slowbronite early, I guess.

Hey guys, just got my AS copy yesterday. Trying to overpower early via the new dex nav feature of Pokemon w/ powerful egg moves. Any suggestions? I know some people mentioned Boomburst and Brave Bird Tailow or the Bug Buzz Nincada.

DragonWhale

Does anyone know where to get rocky helmet? It's one of the few items I need to farm.

On that note, can there be a thread listing all the important "one-of-a-kind" items?

I'll list what I have in the meantime:
- Leftovers: S.S. Tidal, downstairs
- Eviolite: Route 123, in the fisherman house
- Destiny knot: unknown
- Everstone: unknown
- Soothe Bell: unknown

There's probably a few more there, but I didn't find any of them.

I guess I'll add how to get dual bikes here too: you need to talk to 3 NPCs
- Route 111: go up the slide with a mach bike and talk to the hex maniac
- Route 119: go up the waterfall and use dart bike to talk to the bird keeper
- Battle resort: talk to the guy riding a bike in the southeast
- Go to Ridel

Last edited:
Just beat the champion, and I gotta say I love this game to death. Far and away the best pokemon game ever (imo). The design, the storyline, the building of characters, and my god... The music was the best part for me. Gamefreak outdid themselves this time (again, imo).

Does anyone know where to get rocky helmet? It's one of the few items I need to farm.

On that note, can there be a thread listing all the important "one-of-a-kind" items?

I'll list what I have in the meantime:
- Leftovers: S.S. Tidal, downstairs
- Eviolite: Route 123, in the fisherman house
- Destiny knot: unknown
- Everstone: unknown
- Soothe Bell: unknown

There's probably a few more there, but I didn't find any of them.

I guess I'll add how to get dual bikes here too: you need to talk to 3 NPCs
- Route 111: go up the slide with a mach bike and talk to the hex maniac
- Route 119: go up the waterfall and use dart bike to talk to the bird keeper
- Battle resort: talk to the guy riding a bike in the southeast
- Go to Ridel
Destiny Knot is obtained in the contest hall from a fan after winning a Master Rank contest. I found it on GameFaqs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)