ORAS General Discussion - Mark 2 - Spoilers Inside

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
I just found a Level 41 Elgyem on Mt. Pyre with the DexNav and I haven't fought Wallace yet.

Beating Kyogre/Groudon unlocks National Dex Mons, not beating the Elite Four.

EDIT: Caught a Seel outside of Shoal Cave and a Frillish on the route east of Pacifilog. Still haven't beaten Wallace.

Last edited:

Karxrida

Death to the Undying Savage
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Tutor for Draco Meteor is in the northeast part of Sootopolis above the Center, and Psyshock is in Pacifidlog in the bottom right house. You can have a Lati@s with an OU 4 attacks set before you fight Wallace if you find an Absol with a Life Orb.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
So Day 2's Comments:

1. Forgot to mention this yesterday, the map for Mauville City is not all that helpful.
2. Honestly I didn't do all that much, mainly since I beat Flannery and Norman so I got Strength and Surf so I went around to old locations. Of course I still couldn't do somethings, Meteor Falls needs Waterfall and Sea Mauville needs Dive to be fully explorable. In addition I found a dive spot on Route 107.
3. So going up to Fallarbor Town I was feeling kind of sad since I knew I'd need a Flying Pokemon yet never got the right Taillow. That's when I remember Fallarbor has Skarmory, and using the DexNav I managed to snag myself a Brave Bird Skarmory with a Adamant nature. Sadly Vigoroth had to be boxed, but he was just there as fodder anyway as I didn't want to use a Slaking. Of course he needed some special training but he caught up with my other Pokemon and is quite the teammate.
4. In addition to using Surf (on my Tentacruel) and Strength (on my Hariyama), I had to keep switching the bikes back and forth which was kind of annoying. However going to Fortree I'm sticking with the Acro Bike for obvious reasons (though my favorite is the Mach for the increased speed).
5. I was kind of worried about battling Norman, but when the battle happened it was a piece of cake. They nerfed his Slaking's moves and my Skarmory was able to wall them easily.
6. Bleh, RSing for Timid Latias was annoying. Please GameFreak, before and after battling a Legendary give us time to save and check. Actually the giving of Latias was kind of forceful, do we even have a choice to box it? Well eitherway my Hariyama is boxed now, though thinking about it maybe I should have boxed my Breloom since he's my False Sweeper and I can always return back to an old location and catch any Pokemon I missed.
7. Found Aarune, twice actually. First the initial time and then a second time in Fiery Path after beating Flannery and Norman. Haven't made a Secret Base yet, first plan on beating the game.
8. So after saving Professor Cosmo it kind of felt like the story was pushing me along to go faster. I never said no to May so first I teleported from Meteor Falls to Cosmo's House, then Cosmo's House to Mauville City, and after beating Flannery I got teleported right to Petalburg so I fought Flannery and Norman pretty much back to back.
9. Hmm, can't find the Trick Master after his 5th challenge. I have an odd feeling I'm going to need the Devon Scope. In addition I sort of found his 5th challenge odd. So far each of his challenges required you using the HM you now have access to, but his 5th challenge is an easy quiz game instead of a Surf puzzle.

Hurricane, Heatwave, Air Slash, Protect?

Is that enough?
Hurricane+Heat Wave is okish, but almost every Mega Pokémon received new moves to abuse their new typing/ability. But not Pidgeot, that even with some new great moves (Nasty Plot, Focus Blast) would never be an OP Mega.

I just laughed out loud at what Wally says after you battle his 'legit' team.

He starts babbling on to himself about making adjustments and avoid getting outsped and thinking of different movesets.

It may be the first time an NPC became a competitive nutcase lol

There's also an NPC on the shore of the Battle Resort that says "Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokemon that can win rather than their favorite Pokemon", with a person next to him saying "Thanks to my dad's Garchomp, I was able to achieve 20 consecutive wins."

It's just a big middle finger from Game Freak to all the Karen fans out there.
It's beautiful...

Hurricane+Heat Wave is okish, but almost every Mega Pokémon received new moves to abuse their new typing/ability. But not Pidgeot, that even with some new great moves (Nasty Plot, Focus Blast) would never be an OP Mega.
It has given my PU team a bit of trouble...

I just laughed out loud at what Wally says after you battle his 'legit' team.

He starts babbling on to himself about making adjustments and avoid getting outsped and thinking of different movesets.

It may be the first time an NPC became a competitive nutcase lol

There's also an NPC on the shore of the Battle Resort that says "Truly strong Trainers sometimes must be prepared to choose Pokemon that can win rather than their favorite Pokemon", with a person next to him saying "Thanks to my dad's Garchomp, I was able to achieve 20 consecutive wins."

It's just a big middle finger from Game Freak to all the Karen fans out there.
I rather think it's GameFreak making fun of competitive players, because the things the NPCs say are pretty anal... they have been taking the piss out of the anime convention/cosplaying section of the fandom for years now, and I guess they realised there was a much more obvious target out there for them to have a go at.

Btw I fully expect some future Pokemon game to complain that the surroundings feature "too much water".

Last edited by a moderator:
Could anyone tell me how you go about SRing Deoxys? I heard something about KOing it during the events of the Delta Episode and fighting it again afterwards, is this correct?

Gotta say, I freaking love the soaring on lati@s. I'd be content if the whole game was soaring lol. Definitely a more than adequate way to pass the time while waiting for my o-power energy to regen.

so what's up with some berry data. Anyone figure out which ones are obtainable from ORAS themselves, figuring out growth timers, what we get from 100/200 win streak in maison, etc

I just caught a paralyzed, 15% Mesprit wih a level ~41 party and 10 normal Pokéballs. There was an approximate 1% chance of me catching it. I am so happy.

Anyway, I think that now that I have the Eon Flute, I won't challenge Wallace for a while. I'll spend my time soaring. Anyone else agree?

Where do I get the Good Rod? The fisherman on 118 doesn't give it anymore.
Yes, he does. You need to Surf across the water and talk to the fisherman on the east side, not the one on the west side.

I just caught a paralyzed, 15% Mesprit wih a level ~41 party and 10 normal Pokéballs. There was an approximate 1% chance of me catching it. I am so happy.

Anyway, I think that now that I have the Eon Flute, I won't challenge Wallace for a while. I'll spend my time soaring. Anyone else agree?
How far into the game do you get the Eon Flute? I'm on my way to Fortree now and want to revisit some old places but the long bike rides to get there are keeping me away until I get Fly or the Eon Flute.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
No, rayquaza is at sky pillar as well. Deoxys is initially in space, but if you defeat it it'll respawn on sky pillar.
As I haven't gotten this far, can you save between KOing it in space, and rebattling it at the Sky Pillar?

As I haven't gotten this far, can you save between KOing it in space, and rebattling it at the Sky Pillar?
Well, so far I have been going off of what people have said/told me. And no one has said anything about being to save inbetween KOing It in space and re battling it in space. I am however at rayquaza. So I'll just test it out and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)