Sauropod draws a variety of things... or such :D

................. There's a little bit of... stuff behind why did this drawing come before the other requests. It may have something to do with a special one :x
ANYWAY, new piece c_____________c

YOU'RE BEING TOO ROUGH, RAICHU-SENPAI >.<
Eevichu.png

Not actually like that, just a friendly sparring... in a desolate land... and Raichu is going all out with Thunder...
Okay, totally not a sparring lol

Tried some fancy lightning and coloring, used some of Bummer 's advice, not sure I got it tho...
Anatomy is a bit off, I'm still working on dynamics but I hope you like it 8D

Sauropod used Rest!

Bummer

Jamming to the beat
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yeah you did better with the colored outlines this round. Sometimes you could opt to either erase the lines once the colors are set, or to use the same color as the background, so that things like hair tufts and such get sharper points (See: Eevee's fur). But speaking of lighting, with that thunderbolt taking up plenty of space, the lighting already present in that image doesn't really suffice imo. Both the ground where the bolt strikes, as well as the Eevee, should be much more illuminated or highlighted given how close they are to the blast, so I took the liberty of editing your image as such:

To be honest, things could go even brighter than that, but it's enough to emphasize the power behind that strike. But yeah, some subtle lighting and shading are good for standard pieces, but when there are strong light sources like the one now, don't be afraid to crank up the lighting or shading to create some dynamic contrasts.

also for future reference, lightning trails are more like cracks rather than lines with pointed ends sticking out here and there. It works, but it's leaning more towards anime physics than the real deal.

No negative opinion on the Raichu, dude is rad as balls.

Amazingly creative and visually appealing art. Not really a question related to the art that you've displayed, but you seem to have a profound interest in dinosaurs (who doesn't?). Do you create paleoart (actually happens to be my favorite form of artwork)? If so, I'd LOVE to see some of your pieces.

OMG, hello, guys D:
I've been away, but it had a good reason. I was in a study travel, I've met lots of different places and technologies, but had no time nor PC to draw at well...
It's been two weeks since I've returned home and........ art block D:

I'm picking up the pace again, but all I have right now are doodles...
Hopefully, since I can actually draw and check the bloody list, I'm gonna try some sketches this weekend. A twitter friend o' mine posted some drawings and it gave me the mood. Onto it!

[ SNIPING INTENSIFIES ]
sniper.png

This piece is just some shading training that crossed my mind. You may notice I'm developing a new signature. Those are my initials (V and g) and they form a guitar, which fits me. However, the second attempt (next doodle) totally outclasses this one. I think I have room for improvement and better detailing on those lines, but I can see that I'm better than I was last year lol
Anyway, this was just a doodle, don't be too harsh ~.~

CATHEDRAL OF ST. MEGAGROSS
megagross.png

Just something to celebrate MegaGross' survival lol
The sign looks a lot better here, I believe :3
I didn't have the patience to add any glass effects here, so it stays like this lol

Hope you enjoy, I'm gonna work on some of the requests right now!

Amazingly creative and visually appealing art. Not really a question related to the art that you've displayed, but you seem to have a profound interest in dinosaurs (who doesn't?). Do you create paleoart (actually happens to be my favorite form of artwork)? If so, I'd LOVE to see some of your pieces.
Oh, and, nay ;-;
I'm 100% sure I don't have what it takes to do it hahahaha :c
I may try it, someday. I had no idea what it was called and the pics I found are so detailed and inspiring...
Thanks for your kind words, btw ^_^

Oh, also... I'm not sure if there is any interest in pixel art but...
My facebook page (portuguese, sorry guys :c) has it's tradition: cover and profile pictures are pixel art and I'm the one behind them!

I'm just gonna post them here too, hope you like as well :3

Clefback.png
munchback.png
MILKtank.png
ChickTreeKipback.png
DELIBACK.png
PIKAback.png

We update the profile pic monthly, except for Cosplay Pikachu (we're in a page tourney, we decided to not change pics meanwhile) and they become our month's mascots!

And after a mascot is replaced, it becomes part of Red's collection on the page's cover:

capa5.png

TEMOS QUE PEGAR means Gotta Catch'em All (:
You all know this BG, right? I made all those sprites, trying to follow Bulbapedia's and Serebii's height data. Not completely right but not entirely off lol

That's it, fellows (:

Well, I made it somehow! hahahah

Hulavuta , here are Mewtwo and Ttar as a (mind controlled) bodyguard!

..... Shouldn't Dark types be imune to this?
mewtar up.jpg

PNG got too big with dark background, but I hope jpg doesn't get too blurred
I tried a different lighting and shading, a little bit simpler. I thought it would look cool and I hope you think so too c_c

That's it for today, lots of updates hahaha
Hope I can keep them coming.

Later, guys!

Just something I did while waiting for the subway after classes. Bought a sketchbook under influence, saw it as a way to overcome my art block. It may work, since I did draw something ^_^
I really hope it becomes a real habit, sketchbooks look so pro xP

WING STUDY no.1: GARUDA-LIKE
rsz_1rsz_1rsz_20150409_194212.png

Not completely satisfied with my skills on wings, but gave it a new try, after studying a bit from googled images. I have to study more, and I will eventually!

There was this friendly reunion after college. It happened that I had my sketchbook with me and they decided to go all nostalgic: youtube + old anime openings and stuff like that.
One of Dragon Ball Z's songs got me. It really did...

IT REALLY GOT ME, GUYS.....
zz2.jpg

Will I paint it? Who knows...
However, I'll get to the request list. Absol's the next one and I feel the mood for it. And this sketchbook is really something else, I can't stop thinking of stuff to draw <3
Hope you like it, sorry for skipping the cursed request list c_c

Okay, huge news cuz my life is a ~~~mess~~~

You remember when I said I was and engineering student? Forget it, I decided to quit the damn course and I'm gonna be a freaking Graphics Designer now.
It basically rebooted my life, just like those games where the only thing that stays the same is the name.

So, I had to find a job and I need to be approved to entrance exams, so I don't really had time for myself. So, after a few spins, I talked to some people in the area and they gave me great advices ;-;

In the end, the important point to the community is: I may have to turn down all of the requests. But it's not cuz I don't draw anymore, I actually do. However, I have to dedicate myself to promoting my upcoming career as an illustrator D:
And I already started doing that, and yes, it is Pokémon related cuz I'm that sassy ;B

Anyway, just so you know I'm not dead, here are two of my latest works: Clow Cards crossovers, The Psychic and The Night!

upload.jpg

upload.jpg

Had to convert to Jpeg due to size issues. If quality ends up a bit odd, here is my dA with high quality images: http://vinnybgomes.deviantart.com/

Thanks for your time and I'm sorry I'm so bad at this living thing c_c

Really digging the cards and all of the details, like the type icons in the top border and just the art in general. Some of your proportions feel a bit off to me, notably the the umbreon card (Haunches seem a bit long and the back might be too hunched) and the Kyurem (foreshortening could be played with and the back shoulder connects oddly) but otherwise your art is pretty solid. Great work here, man.

Also, just thought I'd say thanks for contributing to the FB project; I was worried someone would have to step in with a last-minute piece to fill the slot and was relieved to see you step up to the task. +)

Really digging the cards and all of the details, like the type icons in the top border and just the art in general. Some of your proportions feel a bit off to me, notably the the umbreon card (Haunches seem a bit long and the back might be too hunched) and the Kyurem (foreshortening could be played with and the back shoulder connects oddly) but otherwise your art is pretty solid. Great work here, man.

Also, just thought I'd say thanks for contributing to the FB project; I was worried someone would have to step in with a last-minute piece to fill the slot and was relieved to see you step up to the task. +)
I actually have revised Umbreon since it bugged me a bit, although I researched quite a bit with dogs references ;-;
I remade the legs, but not the back, tho... May check this out later.
As with Kyurem, I don't know what foreshortening means ;-;
The arm may be a bit too high for its shoulder to connect properly. I apologise for that, I probably need to slow down my drawing speed to check those flaws :(
Hope the facebook audience doesn't pick a lot on that @_@

Thanks for your critique, I appreciate if a lot!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)