ORAS OU Mega-Altaria Enters ORAS

So I really wanted to use mega-altaria and this is my team. Although, I'm not really sure about donphan or thundurus, but that's why I'm posting this! Also I have had good results with this team lately, although when I stopped using it, I went on tilt and am not even on the ladder anymore :[. But let's just get right into it.

images.jpg

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 88 HP / 4 Atk / 164 Def / 252 SpA
Mild Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

So this is what I based my team around, and although it doesn't have dragon dance or roost, it can still give off a lot of chip damage, and sweep late game. It can also work in some mind games, because you can either show earthquake first, so they think you're physical and bring out ferrothorn, or you could show that you're special, and then they bring out heatran. It has worked pretty well, especially because most people think that it's max speed, and don't expect that bulk from it.

imgres.jpg

Bisharp @ Dread Plate
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 32 HP / 252 Atk / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge

This is just a pretty standard bisharp set, nothing too unusual except for stone edge. I switch between pursuit and knock off just because of whether I really need to trap in latios, or if I can deal with it with mega-altaria or nidoking. This set works very well with mega altaria because it can deal with threats that altaria can't, such as gengar, gothitelle, sylveon, and other pokes like that. It can also catch talonflame or charizard on the switch, as those are some threats that people like to take out on bisharp, but that's what stone edge is for.

images-1.jpg

Nidoking (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Flamethrower
- Ice Beam

Scarf nidoking has not been getting that much love lately which really sucks actually because I love nidoking. He has so much coverage with flamethrower and ice beam, plus some good natural bulk. He's great and can really help as a revenge killer. One of the main things he's helping with on my team, is killing greninja. Greninja is a big big big problem this gen and is actually being considered to be banned, but as long as the greninja isn't scarfed, nidoking here should take him out just fine. Also, thundurus-i and magnezone have been running around a lot too, so if they're going for a t-wave or t-bolt, nidoking is the guy to go to.

imgres-2.jpg

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot

Speaking of thundurus-i, here he is! He can help a lot crippling teams' fast sweepers with t-wave, *cough* greninja *cough* and he can also put a lot of damage into rotom-w as well. Not only that, but with all of the swampert rain teams, grass knot is very helpful into threatening pokes that are 4x weak. Although, I'm not really sure if I should keep him on or not, because I already have enough pokemon that are quick and can put in chip damage already, but the typing and t-wave is pretty useful.

images-2.jpg

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Ability: Guts
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Conkeldurr is a great pokemon that has a lot of bulk to it with assault vest, and has great synergy with bisharp. When ever ferrothorn or chansey come out to try and stall bisharp, conk is there ready to back him up with a drain punch or knock off to put in some serious damage. He is also one of my main checks to heatran, and can kill or threaten it out almost every time. He can also put a lot of damage in, kill a couple pokemon and then get out. His job is to just absorb statuses, then hit harder, and really weaken the enemy team.

imgres-3.jpg

Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Atk / 204 Def / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

Alright, donphan is a pretty solid pokemon, he can tank a lot of strong hits, and after living flare blitz, can immediately kill zard-x with earthquake. He can come in on most physical attackers and just rapid spin or stealth rock in their face without worries. Assault vest is a good option also, but I wanted stealth rocks on this team since I don't really have any other pokemon to help set up hazards. But then again, that's why I'm making an rmt so hopefully you can give me some suggestions!

Okay so that was my team, I know it's not the greatest, but I've had some good results with it for the first few days of real ORAS. It has some good synergy and can really make the other team stay on the defensive for you to just keep on putting in damage while they can't really do much put switch in to something that has recovery. I hope you guys like it!

P.S. I still don't know how to make the importable tab if someone could help me out with that it would be much appreciated.

Attachments

Your use of Special Altaria is smart - Steel types will tend to come in on Altaria, only to get nuked by Fire Blast or Earthquake.

Get rid of Nidoking and Donphan, they are not viable in OU. I wanted to suggest Sand Rush Excadrill + Ttar, but that forfeits your ability to outspeed Greninja without needing sand. So instead, I would suggest a Choice Scarf Excadrill and a Rhyperior > Donphan. Rhyperior is a much more viable option than Donphan because it can tank hits much better, and can handle Zard X and Talonflame much easier, due to Solid Rock, Fire resistance, and better overall bulk.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Toxic

This does open up Water and Fighting weaknesses, but you luckily have Mega Altaria for that.

Make these changes, and you should be good for now. Good luck!

Your use of Special Altaria is smart - Steel types will tend to come in on Altaria, only to get nuked by Fire Blast or Earthquake.

Get rid of Nidoking and Donphan, they are not viable in OU. I wanted to suggest Sand Rush Excadrill + Ttar, but that forfeits your ability to outspeed Greninja without needing sand. So instead, I would suggest a Choice Scarf Excadrill and a Rhyperior > Donphan. Rhyperior is a much more viable option than Donphan because it can tank hits much better, and can handle Zard X and Talonflame much easier, due to Solid Rock, Fire resistance, and better overall bulk.

Excadrill @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rock Slide

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 212 HP / 44 Atk / 252 Def
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Blast
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch / Toxic

This does open up Water and Fighting weaknesses, but you luckily have Mega Altaria for that.

Make these changes, and you should be good for now. Good luck!
Rhyperior as proven as a great Mega-Salamence check with rock blast. Plus scarf drill has always been great but still a good edition. It has helped a lot with this team, and Greninja is still a real threat but it's fun to play around.

Well my team right now after I've battled with it a few times, mamoswine has been giving me a bit of trouble. After altaria and conkeldurr are weakened, mamo can sweep the entire team. So I've swapped out thundurus with rotom-w. It can really stop mamo in it's tracks, and since everyone automatically thinks it's defensive can really put a dent in some teams.

Rotom-Wash @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 64 HP / 252 SpA / 192 SpD
Modest Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
It has quite a bit of bulk on it, but can still put in some serious damage.

I basically consider myself the cloud god LOL but i like this set
Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Spa /252 Atk
Mild Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
It really kills just about everything and it really works try it out man

I basically consider myself the cloud god LOL but i like this set
Altaria @ Altarianite
Mild Nature
- Frustration
- Dragon Dance
- Fire Blast
- Roost
It really kills just about everything and it really works try it out man
Alright i saw your set and it had great potential but i think you'll wanna change some moves.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Mild Nature
- Return *(frustration is just cruel and lesser than Return)
- Dragon Dance *(basic fast physical sweep, HP evs come in handy)
- Fire Blast *(levitating Steel type? some weaksauce Ice type? 110bp Fireblast with mild nature should do it)
- Earthquake *(destroying the poison and steel threats with better accuracy and with d-dance boost)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)